Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 185. (Read 901343 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 18, 2016, 01:02:09 PM

For you then only Christianity should be taught at school. In this case Christianity -- in disallowing all other religions -- is acting just as you think atheism does. That makes your version of Christianity as exclusive -- and by your logic "evil" -- as atheism.

Since Christianity as it is written in the Bible is truth, Christianity is exactly opposite of atheism regarding truthfulness. Teach the truth in schools, not falsehood.

Cool
legendary
April 18, 2016, 12:57:41 PM

This is part of the reason why we see atheism suggested in the schools... if in no other way, than by disallowing other religion. Atheism, the religion root of all evil.

Cool

Religion involves faith.

Atheism is the lack of faith (in God).

Atheism is not a religion.

Best regards.

Atheism is a religion because it fits the definition of the word "religion." Since many atheists say that atheism is not a religion, atheism is simply a religion of non-religion.

Cool

haha nice word play, im a catholic but i dont believe jesus is the god as many catholic believes, so what religion do i fit in?

No two people ever think exactly the same thing at the same time. Because of this, membership in a formal religion has to do with believing similarly regarding generalities.

The formal Roman Catholic religion is funny. They have their beliefs that they hold to formally. Yet they allow all kinds of thinking, and accept that people can think many things that are opposite of the things that they formally think, and still be in their religion.

Anybody can claim to be a Catholic all he wants, but if he doesn't follow the tenets of Catholicism, he just might be a liar in his claims. He might even be sincere, not realizing that he is a liar. The Church might even accept him - because they don't really know what he thinks.

I recommend going to several knowledgeable priests and explaining your beliefs, and letting them tell you whether or not you are Catholic. I say "several knowledgeable priests" because if your beliefs are deep enough, you might need several opinions. If it turns out that you are not in conformance enough with Catholicism for you to be considered Catholic, you just might have to form your own religion to have one... at least a formal one.

Every person has his own informal religion... except, maybe, if he is in a coma, or if he is a vegetable.

Cool
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
April 18, 2016, 11:04:47 AM
they hate religion because they are coword.
they do not want to accept the reality of their life.
first believe in any religion apply it in your life then say that you hate religion.

when we gamble we tend to pray for our bets to win. isnt that the same as praying to god?. we rely on something unseen because it can help us relieve the situation. dont tell us religion is a coward cause we atheist have some situations to that we hope to happen but it didnt. But offcourse imma agree with ur second statement.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
April 18, 2016, 10:21:24 AM
they hate religion because they are coword.
they do not want to accept the reality of their life.
first believe in any religion apply it in your life then say that you hate religion.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
April 18, 2016, 04:38:58 AM

I think he is just stating why he hates religion. u didnt get his concept?.

I'm in this thread since August 2015: I have no time for a summary.

Did you get the concept?

Best regards.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
April 18, 2016, 04:18:35 AM

Atheism is a religion because it fits the definition of the word "religion." Since many atheists say that atheism is not a religion, atheism is simply a religion of non-religion.

Cool

That is false as soon as you grow up.

I don't think this is not a syllogism.

This sentence doesn't make any sense.

I studied in a christian religion and it is just their actions that doesnt jive by the values and teachings they wanna teach us.

1. Telling kids to love each other but the elders will judge you if you smoke or got tattoos
2. Other parents force their kids to go to church to look like they are religious
3. Some parents use violence to make their kids listen to them.

Well this is just my observation today in my place.. So feel free to agree or disagree.

Atheism is not a religion: how atheism can have something to do with Christianity that is a religion?

Best regards.

I think he is just stating why he hates religion. u didnt get his concept?.
legendary
April 18, 2016, 04:11:51 AM

Cool

That is false as soon as you grow up.

I don't think this is not a syllogism.

This sentence doesn't make any sense.

I studied in a christian religion and it is just their actions that doesnt jive by the values and teachings they wanna teach us.

1. Telling kids to love each other but the elders will judge you if you smoke or got tattoos
2. Other parents force their kids to go to church to look like they are religious

Well this is just my observation today in my place.. So feel free to agree or disagree.

Atheism is not a religion: how atheism can have something to do with Christianity that is a religion?

Best regards.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
April 18, 2016, 01:28:11 AM

This is part of the reason why we see atheism suggested in the schools... if in no other way, than by disallowing other religion. Atheism, the religion root of all evil.

Cool

Religion involves faith.

Best regards.

I don't think this is not a syllogism. I studied in a christian religion and it is just their actions that doesnt jive by the values and teachings they wanna teach us.

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
April 17, 2016, 10:46:29 PM
Religion is OK as long as people don't try to convince other people. Live and let live, or how is it said exactly... Smiley
Otherwise it's the root of evil.

Cool

BADecker, you claim that disallowing religion in schools is evil, and yet you by your own personal defintion, atheism is a religion. Are you sure you want atheism taught in schools?

Here is your deception. You constantly deceive by misquoting. You constantly attempt to claim that others say things that they didn't.

In this case you dropped the little word "other." Compare my statement with what you said that I said. I emphasized both above for all to see.

Everyone makes a mistake now and again. But you intentionally incorporate mistakes into your life.

Cool

EDIT: I really don't blame you. deception is all you have left, except... you could turn and accept the truth that atheism is a lie.

So you're ok with atheism being taught in schools as a religion, as long as other religions are taught as well? (this is my question for you, which you misinterpreted, so I've attempted to make it as clear as possible this time)

Since you are essentially agreeing to the fact that you use deception, why in the world would anyone even want to talk to you? much less look at anything you have to say.

Cool

No, I just couldn't be bothered to "bite back" (I knew I'd find a use for that phrase!).

A recap:
Religion is OK as long as people don't try to convince other people. Live and let live, or how is it said exactly... Smiley

Cool

These are the two logical choices you have here:

1. If you think atheism is a religion, then by your standards you're ok with evil being taught in schools.
2. If you think atheism should not be taught at school, then atheism is *not* a religion, and I'm going to bookmark this page so I can link to it every time you try to explain why "atheism is a religion".

Personally, I think the right religion, Christianity, should be taught in schools. I think none of the wrong religions, including atheism, should be taught in schools.

Cool

For you then only Christianity should be taught at school. In this case Christianity -- in disallowing all other religions -- is acting just as you think atheism does. That makes your version of Christianity as exclusive -- and by your logic "evil" -- as atheism.

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
April 17, 2016, 10:44:49 PM

Cool

Religion involves faith.

Best regards.

Cool

haha nice word play, im a catholic but i dont believe jesus is the god as many catholic believes, so what religion do i fit in?
legendary
April 17, 2016, 10:23:09 PM

Cool

Religion involves faith.

Best regards.

Cool
legendary
April 17, 2016, 10:19:48 PM

Cool

BADecker, you claim that disallowing religion in schools is evil, and yet you by your own personal defintion, atheism is a religion. Are you sure you want atheism taught in schools?

Here is your deception. You constantly deceive by misquoting. You constantly attempt to claim that others say things that they didn't.

In this case you dropped the little word "other." Compare my statement with what you said that I said. I emphasized both above for all to see.

Everyone makes a mistake now and again. But you intentionally incorporate mistakes into your life.

Cool

EDIT: I really don't blame you. deception is all you have left, except... you could turn and accept the truth that atheism is a lie.

So you're ok with atheism being taught in schools as a religion, as long as other religions are taught as well? (this is my question for you, which you misinterpreted, so I've attempted to make it as clear as possible this time)

Since you are essentially agreeing to the fact that you use deception, why in the world would anyone even want to talk to you? much less look at anything you have to say.

Cool

No, I just couldn't be bothered to "bite back" (I knew I'd find a use for that phrase!).

A recap:

Cool

1. If you think atheism is a religion, then by your standards you're ok with evil being taught in schools.
2. If you think atheism should not be taught at school, then atheism is *not* a religion, and I'm going to bookmark this page so I can link to it every time you try to explain why "atheism is a religion".

Personally, I think the right religion, Christianity, should be taught in schools. I think none of the wrong religions, including atheism, should be taught in schools.

Cool
legendary
April 17, 2016, 07:20:15 PM

Cool

Religion involves faith.

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
April 17, 2016, 07:11:59 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

A recap:

Cool

legendary
April 17, 2016, 11:33:11 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool
donator
Poor impulse control.
April 16, 2016, 10:35:38 PM

Cool

Cool

legendary
April 16, 2016, 10:22:52 PM

Cool

Cool

EDIT: I really don't blame you. Deception is all you have left, except... you could turn and accept the truth that atheism is a lie.
donator
Poor impulse control.
April 16, 2016, 09:51:30 PM

Cool

legendary
April 16, 2016, 04:54:26 PM

Cool
Mek
Activity: 72
Merit: 6
mtc.mekweb.eu - mega transistor clock
April 16, 2016, 04:32:58 PM
Jump to: