Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 184. (Read 901343 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 10
April 23, 2016, 12:56:01 PM
Atheists do not believe god and religion believe god So they  hate religion.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
April 23, 2016, 05:42:56 AM
I don,t tell u a story.l tell the true. I have a brother. he don,t like any religion. bcz he don,t trust  God. He told there is no God. So why we pry for him? everyone told " He is Atheists and he hate all Religion. But some days later I see he trust the God. Nobody known what happened to him.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
April 23, 2016, 04:12:53 AM
I would just ultimately think it has something to do with the fact that they simply live based on physical proof. They need evidence to believe in something, and religion simply doesn't have that. It's all based in faith and whether or not you believe the details of that religion. For the most part though, I don't think that because somebody believes in a religion that this means atheists should despise them. Despise religion, not the person. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Religion is not all based on faith. All religions understand that mankind and the earth exist, and are based on these factual understandings, at least somewhat. Religion is not blind faith. Religion simply tries to do the same things that science is trying to do... find answers. Religion does it differently.

Anybody who things that science will eventually find all the answers has a religion going for himself. Nobody knows that science can find all the answers.

Cool
Well...you're correct, but you're also incorrect. See, religion isn't exactly going with actual proof. For example, specific christians do not believe dinosaurs ever existed. They indeed did because science has given them fossils. However, they claim they're fake.

Edit: actually, I really don't know how to explain myself. You might be correct, so I'll leave it at that.
I think Atheists believe base on what real world is, and hate what the religion's believe, the magical creation of the world, the heaven, the angel , the faith of human to the creator and I think , Atheists do not believe in God the Creator
Activity: 14
April 22, 2016, 10:48:26 PM
I would just ultimately think it has something to do with the fact that they simply live based on physical proof. They need evidence to believe in something, and religion simply doesn't have that. It's all based in faith and whether or not you believe the details of that religion. For the most part though, I don't think that because somebody believes in a religion that this means atheists should despise them. Despise religion, not the person. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Religion is not all based on faith. All religions understand that mankind and the earth exist, and are based on these factual understandings, at least somewhat. Religion is not blind faith. Religion simply tries to do the same things that science is trying to do... find answers. Religion does it differently.

Anybody who things that science will eventually find all the answers has a religion going for himself. Nobody knows that science can find all the answers.

Cool
Well...you're correct, but you're also incorrect. See, religion isn't exactly going with actual proof. For example, specific christians do not believe dinosaurs ever existed. They indeed did because science has given them fossils. However, they claim they're fake.

Edit: actually, I really don't know how to explain myself. You might be correct, so I'll leave it at that.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 22, 2016, 10:34:19 PM

Cool
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
April 22, 2016, 10:30:26 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

i dont think atheists (im atheist) hate religion, i think they (like me) hate what religion do to people, like wars, dived families, abandon and things like that

Simply another point that shows that atheism is a religion. How? Because atheists do all these evil things as well.

Cool

Poor logic.

If some A = C and some B = C and some C = D, it does not follow that any B = D.

Take A as god believers, B as atheists, C as evil deeds and D as religion.

Bro, you can't use login in an argument against an overly religious person or a muslim. You need top go lower, use their language. Let me try now.... Uga,uga oooga booga bogaa ugh

I think BADecker is a smart person. He or she just has an intellectual blind spot when it comes to Christianity.

Stand me up next to any other average person. What do you see?

Some of these people are more intelligent that I. Some are less.

Some are smarter; others are less smart.

Some eat more; some eat less.

But we all have the same DNA to within 99.9999%... even if the pronounced DNA isn't quite the same in all of us. We all need air to breathe. We all need water to drink. We all need food to eat. We all need clothing and shelter. We all have emotions. We all have religion. We are very similar.

Some of the less sensitive among us don't recognize that we all have religion. It doesn't mean that their beliefs and activities in life aren't religious, or that those who understand that we are religious are more religious. It just means that the so-called irreligious people don't think about their religion in the same way as those who recognize that everyone is religious and has religion.

Cool

not sure what your definition of religion is bud. But it sure as hell aint the same as mine.
i dont believe in the the invisible sky daddy, talking snakes (and santa clause and the tooth fairy ftm), you know that sort of thing.
 im not religious .period

You seem to be very religious in your non-religion religion.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t

Cool

Did you even read your link?

religion
[ri-lij-uh n]
Spell  Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.
the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:
to enter religion.
the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
religions, Archaic. religious rites:
painted priests performing religions deep into the night.

Idioms
get religion, Informal.
to acquire a deep conviction of the validity of religious beliefs and practices.
to resolve to mend one's errant ways:
The company got religion and stopped making dangerous products.

noun
belief in, worship of, or obedience to a supernatural power or powers considered to be divine or to have control of human destiny
any formal or institutionalized expression of such belief: the Christian religion
the attitude and feeling of one who believes in a transcendent controlling power or powers
(mainly RC Church) the way of life determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns: to enter religion
something of overwhelming importance to a person: football is his religion
(archaic)
the practice of sacred ritual observances
sacred rites and ceremonies
Word Origin
C12: via Old French from Latin religiō fear of the supernatural, piety, probably from religāre to tie up, from re- + ligāre to bind

Only some of these definitions agree with your definition of "religion" whereas all of them agree with my (atheism excluding) definition of religion.

Your dictatorial-like suggesting of what other people think doesn't work. Nobody knows what other people think... except God, of course. So, in your brazen suggesting that you know what I think, you are essentially suggesting that you are God. Fine attitude for a self-proclaimed atheist.

Cool

Dictatorial? No. I'm simply pointing out that your link doesn't support your view.
Activity: 14
April 22, 2016, 10:27:41 PM
legendary
April 22, 2016, 10:23:48 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

i dont think atheists (im atheist) hate religion, i think they (like me) hate what religion do to people, like wars, dived families, abandon and things like that

Simply another point that shows that atheism is a religion. How? Because atheists do all these evil things as well.

Cool

Poor logic.

Bro, you can't use login in an argument against an overly religious person or a muslim. You need top go lower, use their language. Let me try now.... Uga,uga oooga booga bogaa ugh

I think BADecker is a smart person. He or she just has an intellectual blind spot when it comes to Christianity.

But we all have the same DNA to within 99.9999%... even if the pronounced DNA isn't quite the same in all of us. We all need air to breathe. We all need water to drink. We all need food to eat. We all need clothing and shelter. We all have emotions. We all have religion. We are very similar.

Some of the less sensitive among us don't recognize that we all have religion. It doesn't mean that their beliefs and activities in life aren't religious, or that those who understand that we are religious are more religious. It just means that the so-called irreligious people don't think about their religion in the same way as those who recognize that everyone is religious and has religion.

Cool

not sure what your definition of religion is bud. But it sure as hell aint the same as mine.
i dont believe in the the invisible sky daddy, talking snakes (and santa clause and the tooth fairy ftm), you know that sort of thing.
 im not religious .period

Cool

religion
[ri-lij-uh n]
Spell  Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
to enter religion.
something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:

Idioms
get religion, Informal.
to acquire a deep conviction of the validity of religious beliefs and practices.

noun
belief in, worship of, or obedience to a supernatural power or powers considered to be divine or to have control of human destiny
any formal or institutionalized expression of such belief: the Christian religion
the attitude and feeling of one who believes in a transcendent controlling power or powers
(mainly RC Church) the way of life determined by the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience entered upon by monks, friars, and nuns: to enter religion
(archaic)
Word Origin
C12: via Old French from Latin religiō fear of the supernatural, piety, probably from religāre to tie up, from re- + ligāre to bind

Only some of these definitions agree with your definition of "religion" whereas all of them agree with my (atheism excluding) definition of religion.

Your dictatorial-like suggesting of what other people think doesn't work. Nobody knows what other people think... except God, of course. So, in your brazen suggesting that you know what I think, you are essentially suggesting that you are God. Fine attitude for a self-proclaimed atheist.

Cool
donator
Poor impulse control.
April 22, 2016, 09:59:50 PM

Cool

Poor logic.

Cool

im not religious .period

Cool

religion
[ri-lij-uh n]
Spell  Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
to enter religion.

Idioms
get religion, Informal.

noun
(archaic)
Word Origin

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
April 22, 2016, 09:44:55 PM
because atheist thinks that GOD dont response to heir prayers and they hate him... watch the movie Gods not Dead to enlighten you
legendary
April 22, 2016, 09:42:04 PM

Cool

Poor logic.

Cool

i dont believe in the the invisible sky daddy, talking snakes (and santa clause and the tooth fairy ftm), you know that sort of thing.
 im not religious .period

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
April 22, 2016, 06:42:19 PM

Cool

Poor logic.

Cool

i dont believe in the the invisible sky daddy, talking snakes (and santa clause and the tooth fairy ftm), you know that sort of thing.
 im not religious .period
legendary
April 18, 2016, 08:27:48 PM

Cool

Poor logic.

Cool
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
April 18, 2016, 07:35:11 PM

Cool

ok, some of them, but agnosticists, they dont, they. just. dont.
donator
Poor impulse control.
April 18, 2016, 06:42:01 PM

Cool

Poor logic.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
April 18, 2016, 06:28:59 PM

Cool

Poor logic.

donator
Poor impulse control.
April 18, 2016, 06:07:35 PM

Cool

Poor logic.

Take A as god believers, B as atheists, C as evil deeds doers and D as religion religious.

legendary
April 18, 2016, 01:47:02 PM

Cool
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
April 18, 2016, 01:44:42 PM

legendary
April 18, 2016, 01:12:29 PM

This is part of the reason why we see atheism suggested in the schools... if in no other way, than by disallowing other religion. Atheism, the religion root of all evil.

Cool

Religion involves faith.

Atheism is the lack of faith (in God).

Atheism is not a religion.

Best regards.

I don't think this is not a syllogism. I studied in a christian religion and it is just their actions that doesnt jive by the values and teachings they wanna teach us.

1. Telling kids to love each other but the elders will judge you if you smoke or got tattoos
2. Other parents force their kids to go to church to look like they are religious
3. Some parents use violence to make their kids listen to them.

Well this is just my observation today in my place.. So feel free to agree or disagree.

One of the reasons why a sincere person becomes a Christian is because he realizes that he is not a good person, or at least not the good person that he thought he was. He is seeking a way to be a better person.

Just because a person becomes a Christian, doesn't necessarily mean that he will suddenly become a totally good person. However, as he studies, and as the Holy Spirit teaches him more about Christian living, he will become a better person. All Christians make mistakes. Christianity doesn't stop all mistake-making, and it never was meant to.

What is Christianity for? It is for faith in the promise of God, that through Jesus, Christians will be resurrected to a glorious, joyful, everlasting life with God.

The start of eternity is now, because without the promise of salvation right at the Beginning when Adam and Eve sinned, the whole earth and universe would have ended then. Salvation was fulfilled by Jesus in His death on the cross, and His resurrection that followed. His resurrection and ascension were exemplary of our own coming resurrection and ascension into Heaven, if we accept Him in faith.

The fact that all living people are alive, shows that Jesus salvation is meant for everyone. Essentially, everyone has salvation up to the point of death in this life. Don't throw away your salvation by rejecting Jesus. Rather, accept Jesus through faith so that you live forever in Heaven.

Cool
Jump to: