Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 217. (Read 901343 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 05, 2016, 09:54:35 PM

Well, I should probably be thanking you for focusing on me rather than how science proves God exits. But what else can you do? since you can't refute the science. So, thanks for helping to validate the science by showing folks how you can't refute it.

Smiley

What else can I do? I can try to keep your wandering mind on topic. What proof is there that Atheists hate Religion?

That is part of the point. Many atheists don't hate religion. These are the ones who barely consider their atheism.

So you don't think that atheists in general hate religious people in general? Finally, something we can agree on. I might not agree with your method of discussion, but I agree with the characterisation you give here - most atheists I've met don't even think about gods.

The atheists who hate religion are far more atheistic than the ones who barely consider atheism. Both of them have their religion.

I don't agree with your definition of religion (ie that having a religion just means spending time arguing about something -- which means, by the way, that  for example that all lawyers follow law as a religion, all politicians have political action as a religion) but even by your definition if many atheists "barely consider their atheism" then how can it be a religion to them?

Those of them who hate religion, are far more into the religion of atheism than those who don't. They are also far more into hating themselves.

I'm not sure how you could know that -- unless you have been an atheist?

"Leave me alone," they say. "Let me squander the little bit of life I have, before I wind up destroying myself completely, just to get away from the religion that I am."

Has anyone actually said that? I'm fairly certain that you just made that up, and that no atheist ever said that to you.

Well, thank you again, for helping to prove that God exists, by attempting to take the focus off the science that proves it. Hopefully more and more people will wake up to the fact that God does exist. God even appreciates you for the help you are giving in this area.

Smiley

Any chance you'll respond to any of my questions any time soon? Do you have no answer for logical objections?

I'm sure I have responded one way or another to any question you might be asking.

This being said, thanks again for showing that you don't have any science that refutes the scientifically proven fact that God exists... AND for helping me to expand the knowledge of this by not expressing any refutation that you might have.

Smiley
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
February 05, 2016, 09:53:19 PM

I've made no ad hominem attacks, subtle or otherwise. I've called you names, sure ( egotistical, callous, unfeeling, incompetent, illogical, easily upset, childish,  are just a few that I've either used or consider using) but I haven't done so in the hopes of using that to win an argument. You do.

Thank you, again, for more confirmation of the scientifically proven fact that God exists.

I've made no proof that god exists. You're lying -- unless you'd like to quote the section where I did that?

Rather than focus on disproving it, you focus on me, and maybe yourself. Why do you do this? Simply because you don't have any real evidence that the science I have expressed DOESN'T prove that God exists.

Thanks again.

Smiley

I don't just "focus on you". I also respond to BitNow, and anyone who posts unsupportable and made up "facts".

Why do you do this? Simply because you don't have any real evidence that the science I have expressed DOESN'T prove that God exists.

Thanks again.

Smiley

I don't need or even want to prove god doesn't exist. Who knows, a universe creating god that meddles in human affairs might really exist, and it would be *very* interesting times if that was the case! No, I just need to show that a given "proof" that god does exist is in some way logically or scientifically incorrect.

If I happen to miss responding to one of your posts that helps to prove that God exists, please don't take it personally. The thanks is meant to cover even those posts.

No one here has proven god exists.

So, thank you, again, for not refuting the fact that science has proven that God exists... since your continual attempts to circumvent any refuting that you might do are essentially, strengthening of the proofs.

Smiley

I don't need or even want to prove god doesn't exist. Who knows, a universe creating god that meddles in human affairs might really exist, and it would be *very* interesting times if that was the case! No, I just need to show that a given "proof" that god does exist is in some way logically or scientifically incorrect.
legendary
February 05, 2016, 09:51:02 PM

I've made no ad hominem attacks, subtle or otherwise. I've called you names, sure ( egotistical, callous, unfeeling, incompetent, illogical, easily upset, childish,  are just a few that I've either used or consider using) but I haven't done so in the hopes of using that to win an argument. You do.

Thank you, again, for more confirmation of the scientifically proven fact that God exists.

I've made no proof that god exists. You're lying -- unless you'd like to quote the section where I did that?

Rather than focus on disproving it, you focus on me, and maybe yourself. Why do you do this? Simply because you don't have any real evidence that the science I have expressed DOESN'T prove that God exists.

Thanks again.

Smiley

I don't just "focus on you". I also respond to BitNow, and anyone who posts unsupportable and made up "facts".

Why do you do this? Simply because you don't have any real evidence that the science I have expressed DOESN'T prove that God exists.

Thanks again.

Smiley

If I happen to miss responding to one of your posts that helps to prove that God exists, please don't take it personally. The thanks is meant to cover even those posts.

So, thank you, again, for not refuting the fact that science has proven that God exists... since your continual attempts to circumvent any refuting that you might do are essentially, strengthening of the proofs.

Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 05, 2016, 09:49:36 PM

Well, I should probably be thanking you for focusing on me rather than how science proves God exits. But what else can you do? since you can't refute the science. So, thanks for helping to validate the science by showing folks how you can't refute it.

Smiley

What else can I do? I can try to keep your wandering mind on topic. What proof is there that Atheists hate Religion?

That is part of the point. Many atheists don't hate religion. These are the ones who barely consider their atheism.

So you don't think that atheists in general hate religious people in general? Finally, something we can agree on. I might not agree with your method of discussion, but I agree with the characterisation you give here - most atheists I've met don't even think about gods.

The atheists who hate religion are far more atheistic than the ones who barely consider atheism. Both of them have their religion.

I don't agree with your definition of religion (ie that having a religion just means spending time arguing about something -- which means, by the way, that  for example that all lawyers follow law as a religion, all politicians have political action as a religion) but even by your definition if many atheists "barely consider their atheism" then how can it be a religion to them?

Those of them who hate religion, are far more into the religion of atheism than those who don't. They are also far more into hating themselves.

"Leave me alone," they say. "Let me squander the little bit of life I have, before I wind up destroying myself completely, just to get away from the religion that I am."

Has anyone actually said that? I'm fairly certain that you just made that up, and that no atheist ever said that to you.

Well, thank you again, for helping to prove that God exists, by attempting to take the focus off the science that proves it. Hopefully more and more people will wake up to the fact that God does exist. God even appreciates you for the help you are giving in this area.

Smiley

Any chance you'll respond to any of my questions any time soon? Do you have no answer for logical objections?

donator
Poor impulse control.
February 05, 2016, 09:48:09 PM

You asked if I would start a war against religion because you mentioned faith.  I wrote I have no problem with faith, only with your characterisation of science. Now you write "Of course you have a problem: you have no Faith!". This is meaningless, unless you think that science == faith, which as I explained to you before is a contradiction in terms.

Now it is you who is talking without thinking. Science DOES equal faith in all sorts of ways. What scientist would look for some aspect of science if he didn't have faith that it could be found? Who would ever formulate scientific theories if he didn't have faith that they might be able to be proven? or if he didn't have faith that his theories would help him prove other things in science? or if he didn't have faith that his peer review would earn him status or money somehow? Most of science absolutely does equal faith.

Smiley

No. I've never met a scientist arrogant enough to *have faith* they're right. There will be undoubtedly be some, but the ones i know *hope* they're right. If they had faith they were right, they wouldn't bother with experiments since that would be a waste of time.

Replace "faith" with "hope" in your statement above and you'll be nearer the mark.

Faith is when your mind doesn't know but your heart tells you so.
Scientists don't hink with their heart but with their brain. So they can't have faith. That would be a nonsense.

Of course they sometimes have faith in their theories and that's why they do test it. But they just have faith in their vision of the world, then they test, and they know if they're wrong or right.

But we don't have faith in gravity BADecker xD

Scientists are not robots. They have lots of faith. Ask their husbands and wives. Many of them will tell you truthfully that their spouse is faithful - full of faith.

Scientists who investigate human relations don't have faith that a given husband will be faithful to a given wife. Having faith that your *own* wife is faithful is outside of science.

Faith in gravity is built-in. It is beyond hope. Why do we have faith in gravity? Because we don't really know for a fact that it will keep on working for us. The example and experience is that it has in the past. But we still don't know about the future, even though we are comfortable in thinking we do.

Smiley

Bullshit. Investigations into the nature of gravity are still on going. If scientists had faith that they knew all about gravity, they wouldn't bother investigating it.

legendary
February 05, 2016, 09:47:42 PM

Smiley

Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 05, 2016, 09:45:26 PM

Thanks again.

Smiley

Thanks again.

Smiley

donator
Poor impulse control.
February 05, 2016, 09:38:00 PM

Smiley

legendary
February 05, 2016, 09:35:31 PM

You asked if I would start a war against religion because you mentioned faith.  I wrote I have no problem with faith, only with your characterisation of science. Now you write "Of course you have a problem: you have no Faith!". This is meaningless, unless you think that science == faith, which as I explained to you before is a contradiction in terms.

Now it is you who is talking without thinking. Science DOES equal faith in all sorts of ways. What scientist would look for some aspect of science if he didn't have faith that it could be found? Who would ever formulate scientific theories if he didn't have faith that they might be able to be proven? or if he didn't have faith that his theories would help him prove other things in science? or if he didn't have faith that his peer review would earn him status or money somehow? Most of science absolutely does equal faith.

Smiley

No. I've never met a scientist arrogant enough to *have faith* they're right. There will be undoubtedly be some, but the ones i know *hope* they're right. If they had faith they were right, they wouldn't bother with experiments since that would be a waste of time.

Replace "faith" with "hope" in your statement above and you'll be nearer the mark.

Scientists don't hink with their heart but with their brain. So they can't have faith. That would be a nonsense.

Of course they sometimes have faith in their theories and that's why they do test it. But they just have faith in their vision of the world, then they test, and they know if they're wrong or right.

Scientists are not robots. They have lots of faith. Ask their husbands and wives. Many of them will tell you truthfully that their spouse is faithful - full of faith.

Faith in gravity is built-in. It is beyond hope. Why do we have faith in gravity? Because we don't really know for a fact that it will keep on working for us. The example and experience is that it has in the past. But we still don't know about the future, even though we are comfortable in thinking we do.

Smiley
legendary
February 05, 2016, 09:31:04 PM

Smiley

I Corinthians 13:13:
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.

Smiley
legendary
February 05, 2016, 09:27:56 PM

You know, maybe you're an atheist, but you're truly devoted to your fight against religion, no doubt about that. Cause spending so much energy on a debate with someone obviously disagreeing fundamentally with you is close to faith you know?

What I care about is wooly thinking and people who try to deceive others by presenting logical fallacies as a real argument. Whether that's by someone who is religious or atheist or a sheep shagger, I care not.

If spending energy on a discussion is a religion, then logic is my religion and my God is maths, and people who make illogical or purposely misleading arguments are sinners who offend my religious sensibilities.

Lol.
I didn't want to talk about religion but more about the fact that you truly have faith in your opponents to maybe one day change their opinion.  Which they won't obviously.

I continue the discussion for readers who might be mislead by people who have an agenda. I have no hope whatsoever of changing BADecker mind, or whatever BitNow uses to do his thinking, but I do hope that I can reveal their arguments to be the unsupportable opinions they are.
Oh, this is so rare.  Cheesy

Not really rare, no.

"I continue the discussion for readers who might be mislead by people who have an agenda." Translation. "I continue the discussion for readers who might be mislead by myself and my agenda."

I've made my agenda clear. I'm not pro anything other than truth and logic, and I'll always own up to it. I have made no misleading posts.

"I have no hope whatsoever of changing BADecker mind, or whatever BitNow uses to do his thinking..." Translation. "Badecker and BitNow are two people I won't be able to mislead by my agenda."

No, you're two people who have such ossified thinking that I won't be able to change your mind.

"...but I do hope that I can reveal their arguments to be the unsupportable opinions they are." Translation. "But I hope that I can change the focus of other people by calling their facts opinions."

Again, no. Your statements are unsupported, and many unsupportable. They are opinions until you can prove them to be otherwise.

But I don't think they're are any logical fallacies in BADecker words. It's just that there is no logic at all that's all. Everything is fine until you corner him somewhere and he just ignores parts of your arguments that he can't deal with  Tongue

When he is trying to argue, the arguments regularly contain excluded middles, ad-hominem attacks and strawman arguments. Logic goes out the window only when that is pointed out to him.

Well, thank you again for showing us that the only thing you express about science proving the existence of God, is ad-hominem attacks in subtle form.

Subtle ad hominem attacks? If they're subtle, they can't be very attacky, can they?

Seriously though, if you take the piss -- which you regularly do -- I may respond in kind, if I can be bothered. But that's not an "ad hominem attack" -- I'm not trying to prove a point or make an agument if I call you a callous dolt.

OTOH your posts recently always do make ad hominem attacks, and not very subtly either.

If you really believed that science didn't prove the existence of God in the ways that I have said, you would have provided some kind of scientific explanation or evidence backing beliefs up.

I have tried to have that discussion with you, but every time I ask you to prove an assertion you fail to do so, and get all cranky and eventually just call your assertion a fact.

Rather, you continually focus on me, and attempt to turn the science I use into, simply, my opinions.

I'm not focussing on you and it's egotistical to think so. You post here a lot. I'm responding to your posts. If you want to start another discussion about the proof of god, go ahead.

Thank you for helping to confirm the science I express, by showing over and over again that you are unable to refute it. And thank you for making the confirmation even stronger,

You don't express science, and you have made no arguments. You just make statements and fail to prove them. That's not an argument, it's lecturing. If you can handle someone questioning your ideas, don't post.

by using subtle ad-hominem attacks on me, thereby proving that you have no other capability.

Thank you, again, for more confirmation of the scientifically proven fact that God exists. Rather than focus on disproving it, you focus on me, and maybe yourself. Why do you do this? Simply because you don't have any real evidence that the science I have expressed DOESN'T prove that God exists.

Thanks again.

Smiley
legendary
February 05, 2016, 09:24:39 PM

Math is the beginning into faulty thinking. The deeper one goes into math, the harder it is to use it, and the easier it is to show its inherent mistakes. Even with computers it ultimately fails.

You are worshiping a false god in math.

There is no God in math,
"Vires in numeris" means "Truth in Numbers"

Truth and God are 2 different things as Science and knowledge and as the Bible (KJV) should have separated.

Best regards.

Perfect! The answer is here! You refute Science and maths.

I don't think it's necessary to go further with you on this debate. You clearly live in a different world.

When science uses math, it uses virtual reality. Math doesn't work in reality... at least not the standard math that we have. The thing that happens is, scientists figure things out in the virtual reality, and apply them without the virtual reality to real life. Some of them work. As the math gets more complex, less of it works in reality.

However, it isn't only the scientists that do this. Kids in school adapt to the Internet so extremely well, because subconsciously they have recognized that the Internet is great virtual reality, just like the math that they have been learning. Their subconscious applies the virtual reality of math to the virtual reality of the Internet, and they thrive on it.

Women are practical. Often women don't understand math very well. Check the statistics. Girls in school generally have a much harder time understanding math. It's because they are way more practical with reality. They don't understand the virtual reality that math is because of how practical they are.

Smiley
legendary
February 05, 2016, 09:16:18 PM

Au contraire mon frere. You wanted to get back on to the thread's topic. I asked for proof that that as a class atheists hate all religions, since that what the thread title asks. If we're not getting anywhere its only because you *dont* want to get the thread back on topic.

There you go again, with your standard old deception.    Smiley

Deception? You were the one to want to get back on topic:

Actually, it is your challenge that changes the subject.

The on-topic part that I was doing was to show why atheists hate religion. You and your challenges without doing your research, shows how you would rather change the subject so that we move away from the proof that God exists, and away from showing atheists why they hate religion... which is... because religion is right, and not even atheists like being proven wrong.
Smiley

The topic is: Why do Atheists hate Religion?
I asked: What proof is there that this is true?

What is deceptive? Pots and kettles, buddy.

Smiley

The atheists who hate religion are far more atheistic than the ones who barely consider atheism. Both of them have their religion. Those of them who hate religion, are far more into the religion of atheism than those who don't. They are also far more into hating themselves.

Smiley
legendary
February 05, 2016, 09:09:48 PM

Now it is you who is talking without thinking. Science DOES equal faith in all sorts of ways. What scientist would look for some aspect of science if he didn't have faith that it could be found?

Of course the scientist doesn't have faith an answer can be found, she has hopes and expectations. If she had faith, she wouldn't bother looking.
Obviously, both kinds have faith. They simply have faith in different things.

Who would ever formulate scientific theories if he didn't have faith that they might be able to be proven?

Every scientist I've ever met.
Now you are telling us you haven't met any scientists.

or if he didn't have faith that his theories would help him prove other things in science? or if he didn't have faith that his peer review would earn him status or money somehow? Most of science absolutely does equal faith.

Smiley

Again, no. Maybe some scientists have faith they will find what they're looking for, but I've never met them. They all hope to make discoveries, but none of them are arrogant enough to have faith that they'll be the ones to do it.

You've never met them. You've talked to them a great deal by phone or letter, then? How else would you know about their arrogance or lack of it? Are you a mind reader who focuses on scientists?

Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
February 05, 2016, 07:39:58 PM

Smiley

donator
Poor impulse control.
February 05, 2016, 07:09:09 PM

Smiley

donator
Poor impulse control.
February 05, 2016, 06:58:35 PM

You know, maybe you're an atheist, but you're truly devoted to your fight against religion, no doubt about that. Cause spending so much energy on a debate with someone obviously disagreeing fundamentally with you is close to faith you know?

What I care about is wooly thinking and people who try to deceive others by presenting logical fallacies as a real argument. Whether that's by someone who is religious or atheist or a sheep shagger, I care not.

If spending energy on a discussion is a religion, then logic is my religion and my God is maths, and people who make illogical or purposely misleading arguments are sinners who offend my religious sensibilities.

Lol.
I didn't want to talk about religion but more about the fact that you truly have faith in your opponents to maybe one day change their opinion.  Which they won't obviously.

I continue the discussion for readers who might be mislead by people who have an agenda. I have no hope whatsoever of changing BADecker mind, or whatever BitNow uses to do his thinking, but I do hope that I can reveal their arguments to be the unsupportable opinions they are.
Oh, this is so rare.  Cheesy

Not really rare, no.

"I continue the discussion for readers who might be mislead by people who have an agenda." Translation. "I continue the discussion for readers who might be mislead by myself and my agenda."

I've made my agenda clear. I'm not pro anything other than truth and logic, and I'll always own up to it. I have made no misleading posts.

"I have no hope whatsoever of changing BADecker mind, or whatever BitNow uses to do his thinking..." Translation. "Badecker and BitNow are two people I won't be able to mislead by my agenda."

No, you're two people who have such ossified thinking that I won't be able to change your mind.

"...but I do hope that I can reveal their arguments to be the unsupportable opinions they are." Translation. "But I hope that I can change the focus of other people by calling their facts opinions."

Again, no. Your statements are unsupported, and many unsupportable. They are opinions until you can prove them to be otherwise.

But I don't think they're are any logical fallacies in BADecker words. It's just that there is no logic at all that's all. Everything is fine until you corner him somewhere and he just ignores parts of your arguments that he can't deal with  Tongue

When he is trying to argue, the arguments regularly contain excluded middles, ad-hominem attacks and strawman arguments. Logic goes out the window only when that is pointed out to him.

Well, thank you again for showing us that the only thing you express about science proving the existence of God, is ad-hominem attacks in subtle form.

Subtle ad hominem attacks? If they're subtle, they can't be very attacky, can they?

Seriously though, if you take the piss -- which you regularly do -- I may respond in kind, if I can be bothered. But that's not an "ad hominem attack" -- I'm not trying to prove a point or make an agument if I call you a callous dolt.

OTOH your posts recently always do make ad hominem attacks, and not very subtly either.

If you really believed that science didn't prove the existence of God in the ways that I have said, you would have provided some kind of scientific explanation or evidence backing beliefs up.

I have tried to have that discussion with you, but every time I ask you to prove an assertion you fail to do so, and get all cranky and eventually just call your assertion a fact.

Rather, you continually focus on me, and attempt to turn the science I use into, simply, my opinions.

I'm not focussing on you and it's egotistical to think so. You post here a lot. I'm responding to your posts. If you want to start another discussion about the proof of god, go ahead.

Thank you for helping to confirm the science I express, by showing over and over again that you are unable to refute it. And thank you for making the confirmation even stronger,

You don't express science, and you have made no arguments. You just make statements and fail to prove them. That's not an argument, it's lecturing. If you can handle someone questioning your ideas, don't post.

by using subtle ad-hominem attacks on me, thereby proving that you have no other capability.

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 05, 2016, 06:49:10 PM

Math is the beginning into faulty thinking. The deeper one goes into math, the harder it is to use it, and the easier it is to show its inherent mistakes. Even with computers it ultimately fails.

You are worshiping a false god in math.

There is no God in math,
"Vires in numeris" means "Truth in Numbers"

Truth and God are 2 different things as Science and knowledge and as the Bible (KJV) should have separated.

Best regards.

Perfect! The answer is here! You refute Science and maths.

I don't think it's necessary to go further with you on this debate. You clearly live in a different world.
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 05, 2016, 06:39:14 PM

Au contraire mon frere. You wanted to get back on to the thread's topic. I asked for proof that that as a class atheists hate all religions, since that what the thread title asks. If we're not getting anywhere its only because you *dont* want to get the thread back on topic.

There you go again, with your standard old deception.    Smiley

Deception? You were the one to want to get back on topic:

Actually, it is your challenge that changes the subject.

The on-topic part that I was doing was to show why atheists hate religion. You and your challenges without doing your research, shows how you would rather change the subject so that we move away from the proof that God exists, and away from showing atheists why they hate religion... which is... because religion is right, and not even atheists like being proven wrong.
Smiley

The topic is: Why do Atheists hate Religion?
I asked: What proof is there that this is true?

What is deceptive? Pots and kettles, buddy.

Smiley

donator
Poor impulse control.
February 05, 2016, 06:36:14 PM

Now it is you who is talking without thinking. Science DOES equal faith in all sorts of ways. What scientist would look for some aspect of science if he didn't have faith that it could be found?

Of course the scientist doesn't have faith an answer can be found, she has hopes and expectations. If she had faith, she wouldn't bother looking.

Who would ever formulate scientific theories if he didn't have faith that they might be able to be proven?

Every scientist I've ever met.

or if he didn't have faith that his theories would help him prove other things in science? or if he didn't have faith that his peer review would earn him status or money somehow? Most of science absolutely does equal faith.

Smiley

Again, no. Maybe some scientists have faith they will find what they're looking for, but I've never met them. They all hope to make discoveries, but none of them are arrogant enough to have faith that they'll be the ones to do it.

Jump to: