Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 212. (Read 901343 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
February 09, 2016, 08:01:59 PM
This brings us to entropy. Entropy at its base and core suggests everything is in dispersal mode. Everything is trying to diffuse itself evenly and equaly throughout all space/time. While there is much theoretical thinking about entropy, nobody has found anything that could be considered reverse entropy.

This is a misunderstanding of entropy. There are many examples of a local decrease in entropy, which would result in an increase in entropy elsewhere.

One of the main features that we see in complexity is, nothing that is more complex comes about because of, or from, something less complex. For example. A highly complex snowflake seems to come from a much less complex batch of water molecules. Yet, the conditions of temperature and air movements and dust in the air and solar energy, are actually way more complex than the snowflake that they form out of the less complex water.

This is another misunderstanding of entropy. While it may appear 'simple' to you, a snowflake is much lower entropy (more 'ordered') than the water vapour from which they form.

Summary:
* Entropy can decrease locally
* Complexity does not always correlate with entropy.

donator
Poor impulse control.
February 09, 2016, 06:48:07 PM
The holy books are changed over years.... Except the holy Quran...

Why would you want them to change? They are funny, ridiculous  and vile the way they are.

Unless you wanted to add some more ridiculous and funny stuff...

My guess is God did not like science very much.
It is understandable since he was 'born' thousands of years ago.  He just did not know that Earth rotates around the Sun and that there is no dome over it or pillars supporting it.  

He wrote what he knew.

Your guess is wrong dude... The god, who created the entire world, without the permission of god even a single leaf cannot move, you think he doesn't know all those things... He created so wonderful things that are required by us, and we, instead of praising the bounties, complaining...
The human being,  because of his own comfort, changed the holy books over time, but the last holy book is still remained unchanged....

Which one is the one that remained unchanged?
thousands of years ago.
The holy Quran is unchanged... It is revealed to the last prophet mohammed saw....
Now please don't speak nonsense about others religion... I respect your religion, even i you are atheist I have no problem with it, and  you should not have problem with others religious views... Smiley

Maybe there are some small differences - there's quite a good bit of information here that will interest you, especially the parts about Mohammed forgetting parts of the Quran: http://www.studytoanswer.net/myths_ch1.html

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 09, 2016, 05:46:48 PM
Atheists don't really hate religion. They are simply deeply envious of religious people. Why is this? Because they lover their atheism, and instinctively know that they are going to Hell because of it. They are jealous of the religious who are going to Heaven. So, it isn't hate. It is deep envy.

BTW, Atheists do not believe in any of it.  Be it heaven, God, hell, evil spirits, angels etc.  So stop saying we want to go to heaven.

Good point here... I'm certainly not jealous of heaven...

I don't understand how streets paved with gold is supposed to be tempting... if it's everywhere, it must be worthless, right?

Also, gold is soft... it will develop ruts in no time... I'll probably be the guy who has to re-pave that shit every week...

If you think the pope-mobile is ridiculous, wait til you see the Jesus-mobile try to stop on slippery gold streets... he'll cause a 20-angel pileup...

Heaven sounds like it will need a lot of maintenance already, and I only know 1 "fact" about it... gold streets...

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 09, 2016, 05:21:30 PM

Why would you want them to change? They are funny, ridiculous  and vile the way they are.

It is understandable since he was 'born' thousands of years ago.  He just did not know that Earth rotates around the Sun and that there is no dome over it or pillars supporting it.  

He wrote what he knew.

Your guess is wrong dude... The god, who created the entire world, without the permission of god even a single leaf cannot move, you think he doesn't know all those things... He created so wonderful things that are required by us, and we, instead of praising the bounties, complaining...
The human being,  because of his own comfort, changed the holy books over time, but the last holy book is still remained unchanged....

thousands of years ago.
The holy Quran is unchanged... It is revealed to the last prophet mohammed saw....
Now please don't speak nonsense about others religion... I respect your religion, even i you are atheist I have no problem with it, and  you should not have problem with others religious views... Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 09, 2016, 05:09:28 PM

He wrote what he knew.

Activity: 182
February 09, 2016, 04:44:35 PM

He wrote what he knew.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 09, 2016, 04:07:03 PM
Atheists don't really hate religion. They are simply deeply envious of religious people. Why is this? Because they lover their atheism, and instinctively know that they are going to Hell because of it. They are jealous of the religious who are going to Heaven. So, it isn't hate. It is deep envy.

Smiley

Ok, let me explain what most Atheists think about religious people.

Most Atheists think religious people are sincere in their delusion.  We as Atheists do understand that you "feel God's love" and you feel good thinking that God created everything and he will take care of you in this life and in afterlife.  Believing in your preferred religion gives you satisfaction, especially when your irrational belief is confirmed by millions of equally irrational people around the world.  Believe me, I do understand that you are happy that you'll not go to hell because you believe.

However, just because you believe and feel God's love in your body, it does not make any difference, your behavior/belief is irrational.  It is still a delusion.

BTW, Atheists do not believe in any of it.  Be it heaven, God, hell, evil spirits, angels etc.  So stop saying we want to go to heaven.

On the other hand, it looks like religious people do not want to investigate for themselves whether their claims are true or not.  They just want to believe what they believe, period.

If you present me with one shred of evidence that God exists, I'll re-consider it.   Believe me Atheists want to believe God exist, but unfortunately we cannot reconcile God with observable reality.

Atheism frees you up.  You know this is the only life you got, so live well.  There is no afterlife.

Alright, I will state that part of what I was saying in my post you quoted above was simply talk, almost for the sake of talking. But let's look at what you say from the other side.

Look at the question, "How do I as an atheist know for a fact that God does not exist? Is my atheism truly logical sense, or is at least part of it merely a wish or desire on my part?

Forget all the mushy feelings that theists might have for God. Forget even the idea of God, and look at the scientific aspect of "cause and effect."

Everything that science has found in nature and the universe so far, has one or more causes that brought it into existence in the form that it exists in. In fact, the greater the scientist, the more he is out to find the "why's" of anything and everything. Why does it exist? What caused it to exist this way? What are the causes that made it happen?

In fact, we are so into finding out the cause of things, that we can't even conceive of anything not having a cause. Everything has a cause, and the cause has a cause, and that cause has a cause, etc., etc.

This brings us to entropy. Entropy at its base and core suggests everything is in dispersal mode. Everything is trying to diffuse itself evenly and equaly throughout all space/time. While there is much theoretical thinking about entropy, nobody has found anything that could be considered reverse entropy.

If entropy had existed forever, everything would have been dispersed and diffused long ago. But we know that this is not the case. How do we know? Because complexity exists. Thus, entropy must have had a beginning... because it couldn't have existed forever. But we don't see anything that looks like a beginning of entropy. Check with science. Science says this.

Complexity is the antithesis of entropy. Entropy is trying to break down complexity. Like as there must have been a beginning to entropy, that beginning must have had much higher complexity than we see around today.

One of the main features that we see in complexity is, nothing that is more complex comes about because of, or from, something less complex. For example. A highly complex snowflake seems to come from a much less complex batch of water molecules. Yet, the conditions of temperature and air movements and dust in the air and solar energy, are actually way more complex than the snowflake that they form out of the less complex water.

The point is, there is something that is so extremely complex, that it could form the complexity of the mind of man, using universal cause and effect, across multitudes of years, in the face of all-pervading entropy, that brought this whole "thing" into existence. If there wasn't, this universe wouldn't exist. It is scientifically self-evident.

----------

The above is standard science. It isn't science theory. It is science fact. You can Google it and read all about it here and there. Or you can delve into the science text books to see it.

Whatever started this whole universe going, whether or not you want to call it God, leaves a whole lot of room for at least the great possibility that God exists. In light of this, staunch atheism turns into a religion, because something that could easily fit the definitions of "God," does exist... or at least existed.

Any atheist who doesn't at least examine this thoroughly and thoughtfully, is doing himself a great disfavor.

Smiley
More retarded posts from our local village idiot

Why, Gimpline. You are more retarded than your usual self today. Oh that's right. You haven't learned to read yet. Who does your posting for you... your mother?

Cheesy
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
February 09, 2016, 04:03:22 PM

Smiley

Most Atheists think religious people are sincere in their delusion.  We as Atheists do understand that you "feel God's love" and you feel good thinking that God created everything and he will take care of you in this life and in afterlife.  Believing in your preferred religion gives you satisfaction, especially when your irrational belief is confirmed by millions of equally irrational people around the world.  Believe me, I do understand that you are happy that you'll not go to hell because you believe.

However, just because you believe and feel God's love in your body, it does not make any difference, your behavior/belief is irrational.  It is still a delusion.

On the other hand, it looks like religious people do not want to investigate for themselves whether their claims are true or not.  They just want to believe what they believe, period.

If you present me with one shred of evidence that God exists, I'll re-consider it.   Believe me Atheists want to believe God exist, but unfortunately we cannot reconcile God with observable reality.

Atheism frees you up.  You know this is the only life you got, so live well.  There is no afterlife.

Alright, I will state that part of what I was saying in my post you quoted above was simply talk, almost for the sake of talking. But let's look at what you say from the other side.

Look at the question, "How do I as an atheist know for a fact that God does not exist? Is my atheism truly logical sense, or is at least part of it merely a wish or desire on my part?

Forget all the mushy feelings that theists might have for God. Forget even the idea of God, and look at the scientific aspect of "cause and effect."

Everything that science has found in nature and the universe so far, has one or more causes that brought it into existence in the form that it exists in. In fact, the greater the scientist, the more he is out to find the "why's" of anything and everything. Why does it exist? What caused it to exist this way? What are the causes that made it happen?

In fact, we are so into finding out the cause of things, that we can't even conceive of anything not having a cause. Everything has a cause, and the cause has a cause, and that cause has a cause, etc., etc.

If entropy had existed forever, everything would have been dispersed and diffused long ago. But we know that this is not the case. How do we know? Because complexity exists. Thus, entropy must have had a beginning... because it couldn't have existed forever. But we don't see anything that looks like a beginning of entropy. Check with science. Science says this.

Complexity is the antithesis of entropy. Entropy is trying to break down complexity. Like as there must have been a beginning to entropy, that beginning must have had much higher complexity than we see around today.

The point is, there is something that is so extremely complex, that it could form the complexity of the mind of man, using universal cause and effect, across multitudes of years, in the face of all-pervading entropy, that brought this whole "thing" into existence. If there wasn't, this universe wouldn't exist. It is scientifically self-evident.

----------

The above is standard science. It isn't science theory. It is science fact. You can Google it and read all about it here and there. Or you can delve into the science text books to see it.

Whatever started this whole universe going, whether or not you want to call it God, leaves a whole lot of room for at least the great possibility that God exists. In light of this, staunch atheism turns into a religion, because something that could easily fit the definitions of "God," does exist... or at least existed.

Any atheist who doesn't at least examine this thoroughly and thoughtfully, is doing himself a great disfavor.

Smiley
More retarded posts from our local village idiot
legendary
February 09, 2016, 04:00:59 PM

Smiley

----------

Smiley
legendary
February 09, 2016, 02:20:14 PM

You remind me of a scene from The Breakfast Club...

Claire:  Your friends wouldn't mind because they look up to us.
Brian:  You're so conceited, Claire. You're so conceited. You're so, like, full of yourself; why are you like that?
Claire:  [teary] I'm not saying that to be conceited! I hate it! I hate having to go along with everything my friends say!
Brian:  Well, then why do you do it?
Claire:  I don't know, I don't—you don't understand…you don't. You're not friends with the same kind of people that Andy and I are friends with! You know, you just don't understand the pressure that they can put on you!

hint: BADecker = Claire

God is really all there is, and I am so full of God.

You are certainly full of something...

hint: it's not God

I noticed that you are full of God as well. Shocking. The only time God denies Himself.

Smiley
February 09, 2016, 02:10:14 PM

Brian:  You're so conceited, Claire. You're so conceited. You're so, like, full of yourself; why are you like that?
Claire:  [teary] I'm not saying that to be conceited! I hate it! I hate having to go along with everything my friends say!
Claire:  I don't know, I don't—you don't understand…you don't. You're not friends with the same kind of people that Andy and I are friends with! You know, you just don't understand the pressure that they can put on you!

You are certainly full of something...

hint: it's not God
legendary
February 09, 2016, 02:07:44 PM

Smiley
legendary
February 09, 2016, 02:06:32 PM

Smiley

"7 Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults;
    whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse.
8 Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you;
    rebuke the wise and they will love you.
"
- Pro 9:7

Best regards.

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Matthew 5:43-48

Smiley
February 09, 2016, 02:02:05 PM

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
February 09, 2016, 01:59:10 PM

Smiley

"7 Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults;
    whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse.
8 Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you;
    rebuke the wise and they will love you.
"
- Pro 9:7

Best regards.
legendary
February 09, 2016, 01:54:55 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Look at the real reason that atheists often seem to hate religion... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13828520.

Smiley
Activity: 168
February 09, 2016, 01:40:59 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

most of the atheists dont hate any religion on the contrary, they respect all the religion of this world..  so i dont hve any hate story .. i am sorry..
legendary
February 09, 2016, 01:37:23 PM

Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
February 09, 2016, 09:48:31 AM
Religion knows change is not good for it Because if change were to happen it would lose its grip. And they don't want to lose their power that they have over the people. Because in the end that's what it's all about.
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
February 09, 2016, 09:23:18 AM
Atheists are one who were great believers of God than us, but at some situation by the name of religion or Godly sentiment they might have failed. These makes them to show off as they are Atheists. I believe atleast 70% atheists still believe god but recent days its like a trend saying I'm an atheist. Just for that they might be using that word.

Or, and I'm just saying, maybe science opened our eyes and we're not stupid anymore, and we're seeing the world for how it really is. Not resting on pillars. There might be lambs eating near lions, but that's where those truths might stop.
Jump to: