Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 245. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
January 21, 2016, 11:30:16 AM

All you have to do is look at the definition of religion and the things that make up atheism to see that atheism is a religion.

AMEN! Science proves the existence of God!!!!

Just.. Why no one thought about that before? Quick! Give a Nobel to this man xD

Well, they did think of that before. In fact, almost 2,000 years ago Saint Paul wrote in the Bible that people intentionally avoid knowing about God from nature, just so that they have an excuse to do evil.

In addition, you can look all over the Internet and you will find loads of scientific proof for the existence of God. In addition, you will find that close to 100% of science that suggests something other than God is either theory (actual or potential fiction), or else they are saying God without using the word "God," or they are formally detracting from the idea of God, all the while their words in essence actually shout GOD.

You have simply been talked into believing that God doesn't exist, and that's why you are having such a hard time of seeing that He does exist. Investigate. Think about it deeply. You will see that science and nature show that God exists, except if you don't WANT to see it, and force your mind to avoid the truth.

Smiley

HEre we are!

You're just a religious stupid asshole. Like every religious freak you think a fucking book written by peasants 2 000 years ago has the truth xD

Well go on with your god, I'll go on with my science. Just don't try to prove God with science.

And if God exists, he's either a complete asshole, or doesn't care about us.

Just a question, everything in the Bible is true then?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 21, 2016, 11:26:24 AM

All you have to do is look at the definition of religion and the things that make up atheism to see that atheism is a religion.

Well, they did think of that before. In fact, almost 2,000 years ago Saint Paul wrote in the Bible that people intentionally avoid knowing about God from nature, just so that they have an excuse to do evil.

In addition, you can look all over the Internet and you will find loads of scientific proof for the existence of God. In addition, you will find that close to 100% of science that suggests something other than God is either theory (actual or potential fiction), or else they are saying God without using the word "God," or they are formally detracting from the idea of God, all the while their words in essence actually shout GOD.

You have simply been talked into believing that God doesn't exist, and that's why you are having such a hard time of seeing that He does exist. Investigate. Think about it deeply. You will see that science and nature show that God exists, except if you don't WANT to see it, and force your mind to avoid the truth.

Smiley
legendary
January 21, 2016, 11:18:32 AM

All you have to do is apply the 3 points of science that I have mentioned to see that science proves that God exists.

And you proved the existence of God in only 3 points! Incredible don't you think so? xD
legendary
January 21, 2016, 11:09:34 AM
Organofcorti, BADecker is either a troll or one of the most stupid beings I ever saw, don't try to argue with him he refuses logic and reason ^^

Thanks, m0gliE. Why would I thank you? Because all one need do is look at my logic to see that it is about as close to "right on" as one can get. And once they see that, they won't have any reason to look at you any longer.

Wink

Well at least you're right on this. Whoever agrees with you as a "logic" far too different from mine to get in touch with me. But I'm afraid the word "logic" doesn't describe your kind of reasoning.

Except for one little point. Nobody can refute my logic... or at least they haven't so far. The closes they have come is to play with words... semantics and such. The next best is that they have ignored it.

This is completely okay. They simply confirm my logic by such activity.

Smiley

We did. At least four times. But you don't want to read. You ignore the part that trouble you.

All you have to do is apply the 3 points of science that I have mentioned to see that science proves that God exists.

Other discussion is for the purpose of talk only. Such talk simply for the purpose of talking, might be fun to some extent, but there comes a time to move on.

If you are truly interested in understanding how atheism is religion, or how science proves God, all you need to do is think about it, now that I have shown you where to look.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
January 21, 2016, 10:53:54 AM

Define Loving: my God is speaking about love all around in his book.

What is love for you?

Best regards.

rom the same source:

Loving (adjective)
* feeling or showing love
* very careful and thorough

I asked you what is love.

What is love for you?

Are you able to answer my question?

Organofcorti, BADecker is either a troll or one of the most stupid beings I ever saw, don't try to argue with him he refuses logic and reason ^^

We are discussing about Religion, please don't deviate the discussion with different words.

Religion is different than Troll: if you don't know the difference ask you may get an answer.

Best regards.
legendary
January 21, 2016, 10:50:18 AM

Thanks, m0gliE. Why would I thank you? Because all one need do is look at my logic to see that it is about as close to "right on" as one can get. And once they see that, they won't have any reason to look at you any longer.

Wink

Well at least you're right on this. Whoever agrees with you as a "logic" far too different from mine to get in touch with me. But I'm afraid the word "logic" doesn't describe your kind of reasoning.

Except for one little point. Nobody can refute my logic... or at least they haven't so far. The closes they have come is to play with words... semantics and such. The next best is that they have ignored it.

Smiley

We did. At least four times. But you don't want to read. You ignore the part that trouble you.
legendary
January 21, 2016, 10:22:37 AM

Wink

Smiley
legendary
January 21, 2016, 10:14:38 AM

Wink

legendary
January 21, 2016, 10:12:27 AM

Wink
legendary
January 21, 2016, 09:53:43 AM
legendary
January 21, 2016, 09:40:28 AM

And that right there -- your combative attitude and inability to understand logic or new ideas -- is why discussions with religious people with dogmatic beliefs is so painful.
That's one of the differences between us. My attitude is out in the open, straight-forward. Yours is subtle, carefully manipulating the things I say in ways you know that I didn't mean them, to make it look like I was talking about something I wasn't.

I am way beyond regarding understanding the logic, as are you. The difference is that you want to twist the logic into non-logic, while I want to expand the logic.

One thing we agree on in this little section. Discussions between religious people always have been something like painful. Why in our case? Because you have a different religion than I.

..and
(chuckle)
? Are you three years old? Good god man, learn some self control.

As a Christian, my self control was way better when I was three than yours is now. (chuckle)

Smiley
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
January 21, 2016, 07:56:59 AM

Of course, kind has two meanings so you probably misunderstood. I meant this:

1. of a good or benevolent nature or disposition, as a person: a kind and loving person.
2. having, showing, or proceeding from benevolence: kind words.
3.indulgent, considerate, or helpful; humane (often followed by to): to be kind to animals.
4. mild; gentle; clement: kind weather.
5. British Dialect. loving; affectionate.

What is love for you?

Best regards.

rom the same source:

Loving (adjective)
* feeling or showing love
* very careful and thorough

legendary
January 21, 2016, 06:58:19 AM
But I disagree with the point you're making with faith here. Old gods were believed to be true but also "proven". At the time of ancient Greece, there was no discussion about the existence of gods, the fact that the sun goes up and down was by itself a proof, so be it for the lightning, proof of Zeus wrath.

Faith is an essential part of modern religion because people know there can't be any proof of god's existence, but it was not the case when we had limited knowledge of our world ^^

Don't know about that. Ancient gods were proven the same way people say current gods are proven. And there was discussion in ancient greece about the existence of gods. Some were even atheists. But atheism was a capital crime so they were persecuted and had to hide. But among theists too there was discussion about what were the explanations for things like the sun, lightning, etc. The view that it could have natural causes wasn't uncommon. Of course anyone going too far with it could be accused of atheism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism

"The first fully materialistic philosophy was produced by the atomists Leucippus and Democritus (fifth century BCE), who attempted to explain the formation and development of the world in terms of the chance movements of atoms moving in infinite space."

"Euripides (480–406 BCE), in his play Bellerophon, had the eponymous main character say:

“Doth some one say that there be gods above?
    There are not; no, there are not. Let no fool,
    Led by the old false fable, thus deceive you.”[13]"

"Aristophanes (ca. 448–380 BCE), known for his satirical style, wrote in his play The Knights: "Shrines! Shrines! Surely you don't believe in the gods. What's your argument? Where's your proof?"[14]"

I was trying to speak in a more general way.

Today what phenomenon can we observe to argument in favor of the existence of God? Nothing, the only mystery here is the origin of the creation of the universe. Which is not really a "daily phenomenon".
Thousands of years ago, everyday phenomenons could be explained only by the existence of gods. How could a woman give birth? Gods of fertility. How can the sun shine so bright and go throw the sky? Gods bringing a huge fireball. How storms lightning and volcanic eruptions appear? Gods Gods and Gods.

Of course some had great explanations, it was the case for the most cultivated individuals and lots of scientists and philosophers were probably atheists. But it depends a lot of the period of time you're talking about (because Greek kingdom and Roman Empire cover a long period) and which part of the population.
legendary
January 21, 2016, 06:52:19 AM

1. of a good or benevolent nature or disposition, as a person: a kind and loving person.
3.indulgent, considerate, or helpful; humane (often followed by to): to be kind to animals.

What is love for you?

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
January 20, 2016, 09:37:24 PM
But I disagree with the point you're making with faith here. Old gods were believed to be true but also "proven". At the time of ancient Greece, there was no discussion about the existence of gods, the fact that the sun goes up and down was by itself a proof, so be it for the lightning, proof of Zeus wrath.

Faith is an essential part of modern religion because people know there can't be any proof of god's existence, but it was not the case when we had limited knowledge of our world ^^

Don't know about that. Ancient gods were proven the same way people say current gods are proven. And there was discussion in ancient greece about the existence of gods. Some were even atheists. But atheism was a capital crime so they were persecuted and had to hide. But among theists too there was discussion about what were the explanations for things like the sun, lightning, etc. The view that it could have natural causes wasn't uncommon. Of course anyone going too far with it could be accused of atheism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism

"The first fully materialistic philosophy was produced by the atomists Leucippus and Democritus (fifth century BCE), who attempted to explain the formation and development of the world in terms of the chance movements of atoms moving in infinite space."

"Euripides (480–406 BCE), in his play Bellerophon, had the eponymous main character say:

“Doth some one say that there be gods above?
    There are not; no, there are not. Let no fool,
    Led by the old false fable, thus deceive you.”[13]"

"Aristophanes (ca. 448–380 BCE), known for his satirical style, wrote in his play The Knights: "Shrines! Shrines! Surely you don't believe in the gods. What's your argument? Where's your proof?"[14]"
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 20, 2016, 07:34:40 PM

Thank you for you kind words.

I don't understand your word "kind".

Since we have not the same God: what is kind for you?

Best regards.

legendary
January 20, 2016, 06:35:54 PM

I don't understand your word "kind".

Since we have not the same God: what is kind for you?

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 20, 2016, 06:12:00 PM

And that right there -- your combative attitude and inability to understand logic or new ideas -- is why discussions with religious people with dogmatic beliefs is so painful.

Life is painful, not discussion.

If you cannot face pain and need to discuss to others, bend yourself to others and discussion will be more easy.
"The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility."
-Pro 15:33

Best regards.

legendary
January 20, 2016, 05:55:20 PM

Life is painful, not discussion.

If you cannot face pain and need to discuss to others, bend yourself to others and discussion will be more easy.
"The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility."
-Pro 15:33

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 20, 2016, 05:17:11 PM
I wasn't attempting to theorise, just make a logical argument. I can make it even simpler, if you need it.

By the general dictionary and encyclopedia definitions of "religion," atheism is a religion. But if it is not, it is so close that it might as well be.

The fact that God exists (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13609627) shows all the more that atheism not only is a religion, but that it is a religion in the direction of a cult.

Smiley

Way to ignore the entire conversation. I thought you above that sort of thing. I guess you're not going to answer any of my points then? In future don't bring up thermodynamics if you don't really understand it.

Since you ignored the conversation long ago, I might as well move on to other things, as well.

It's sad. At one point I really was trying to understand your point of view. But you change the subject constantly, you don't answer questions and you don't understand logic.

Since we're now at the point that you're just making things up rather than having a conversation, I think I'll just wait for you to try your illogic on new-comers to the thread and just make sure they can see it for what it is.

Poor baby. At one point your were really trying... (chuckle).

It's sad that I have answered all your questions over and over, but you simply don't want to accept the answers, which are backed with definitions. Now you want me to do your thinking for you as well.

This is a forum, not a book-writing situation. If you can't or won't think, that's okay. Some of the other people who see these posts will understand. And, essentially, that's all I am after.

Smiley

..and
(chuckle)
? Are you three years old? Good god man, learn some self control.

Jump to: