Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 241. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
January 25, 2016, 09:16:03 AM
I don't hate religion as much as I hate the extremists in said religion... But I'll be honest, yeah, I'm not that fond of religion. It doesn't mean I don't like the more sane people following it, my whole family is Christian, afterall, but religion has caused so much hate and fear in this world already it'd be better without it.

Why be hateful at all.

You can find hateful people in religion. But you can find loving people in religion, as well. It's the same with the religion of atheism.

Smiley

You keep saying that atheism is a religion, and yet everyone I've asked IRL thinks atheism is *not* a religion. I'm pretty sure your definition of religion is very much a minority opinion, possibly even a minority of one in one billion.

Or even of one in the world.
Religion is an English word, so I'm estimating one billion total English speakers (native plus ESL). One in a billion is effectively one in the world.

The very base of a religion is to believe in one or more gods. The very point of atheism is to refuse the existence of any god...

Seems rather obvious who's right here.

True, but BADecker has a developed an entire system of illogic designed to bamboozle in order to prove that it is so.

So, very time he baits someone by saying "btdubs, atheism ⊂ religion", I post here to encourage him to produce new arguments. Maybe he'll eventually realise his "Atheism is a religion, and if it isn't it is anyway" aren't logical arguments, just self-contained contradictions.

Since you don't want to believe what the dictionary says, nobody knows what you are saying with the English words you use. You might be talking about something that is extremely different than you mean by the words you use.

Smiley

You never used the dictionary definition, clearly.
"The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods"
Here is the Oxford definition. Sounds like religion needs a God... OH MY GOD WHO WOULD HAVE BELIEVED THAT?Huh RELIGION IS LINKED TO GOD? Oo

Idiot.

And you are deceitful, because that isn't all that there is to the definition in the Oxford dictionary. If it were, you would have supplied the link. Since you didn't supply the link, you show that you are hiding the rest of it as best you can. You deceiver.

Smiley

Dude I didn't provide the link because even the most stupid dumbass is able to type "oxford dictionnary" on google...
Here is the link as you're too lazy: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/religion

The question doesn't have anything to do with looking up the Oxford dictionary. The question has to do with where you, a deceitful person, got the info you supplied. I mean, we don't know that it was really the Oxford dictionary. Even if it is exactly the same as what the Oxford dictionary says, we still don't know where you got it, because there might be other sites that use the same wording as the Oxford dictionary.

In other words, we would like to know what your level of deceit is, rather than only your stupidity.

Smiley

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn....
That is such a nonsense xD

Ok I'll be clear. I got the definition on Oxford dictionary. What could it change that I had it here on there as long as it's the official definition? And how the fact that I provide the ling to the oxford dictionary website would change anything? I could have taken the link after having found the definition elsewhere...

And it doesn't change the fact that this definition proves you wrong. That you're a dumbass trying to fool people with your fucking smile face that I would like top slap on the ground right now.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
January 25, 2016, 09:10:32 AM

We are arguing about script now? Upper vs lower case? What's the difference? To me, your god *is* a lower case god.

While we're on the subject, how am I "treacherous"? Treachery implies a betrayal of trust, trust which you have never placed in me. Unless your definition of treachery is also different from everyone else's?

Thank you for admitting your treachery. However, if you are simply ignorant, I apologize.

The term "lowercase" is in the definition. Since you try to hide the significance of this, rather than admitting to having missed it, your treachery becomes all the more evident.

Smiley

Treachery. You keep using that word. I don't it means what you think it means.

You have said, above, that "treachery" implies a betrayal of trust. When you look at the profile of anyone in this forum, you can find, near the bottom of the first page of their profile, their trust rating. The whole operation of living life with other people has to do with a level of trust.

Why do you keep on attempting to move into more treachery? Some of the greatest treachery is found among government people. Are you in, or do you work for, government?

Smiley

You still haven't mentioned why you think you should trust me. You've mentioned that there is a trust system, but you haven't told me how that affected your decision to trust me enough for me to "betray" you.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 25, 2016, 09:02:50 AM

We are arguing about script now? Upper vs lower case? What's the difference? To me, your god *is* a lower case god.

While we're on the subject, how am I "treacherous"? Treachery implies a betrayal of trust, trust which you have never placed in me. Unless your definition of treachery is also different from everyone else's?

Thank you for admitting your treachery. However, if you are simply ignorant, I apologize.

The term "lowercase" is in the definition. Since you try to hide the significance of this, rather than admitting to having missed it, your treachery becomes all the more evident.

Smiley

You have said, above, that "treachery" implies a betrayal of trust. When you look at the profile of anyone in this forum, you can find, near the bottom of the first page of their profile, their trust rating. The whole operation of living life with other people has to do with a level of trust.

Why do you keep on attempting to move into more treachery? Some of the greatest treachery is found among government people. Are you in, or do you work for, government?

Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 25, 2016, 08:25:40 AM
I don't hate religion as much as I hate the extremists in said religion... But I'll be honest, yeah, I'm not that fond of religion. It doesn't mean I don't like the more sane people following it, my whole family is Christian, afterall, but religion has caused so much hate and fear in this world already it'd be better without it.

Why be hateful at all.

You can find hateful people in religion. But you can find loving people in religion, as well. It's the same with the religion of atheism.

Smiley

You keep saying that atheism is a religion, and yet everyone I've asked IRL thinks atheism is *not* a religion. I'm pretty sure your definition of religion is very much a minority opinion, possibly even a minority of one in one billion.

I want to thank you for your post, here. I was wondering why the people of the world have been floundering for the lase 5 decades. Now I see.

People can't even look a word up in a dictionary anymore. But when they do, some of them want to ignore the parts of the meaning that they don't want to see. And if you want to consider that I do this, I do... once in awhile. But rather than make a blanket statement, I point out the ways that the definitions fit.

Do we really have to do this again? Are you never going to see that by the dictionary definitions, atheism is a religion? And if the simple words of the dictionary are difficult for you to understand, do you still not realize that there are some simple websites out there that help you understand that atheism is a religion, even after I have pointed them out to you?

Oh dear, nothing new? You pointed out one definition amongst many, and claimed that it is definitive. That's not how definitions work.

For example, Dictionary.com lists several definitions of "God", one of which is:

"Any deified person or object"

Since that is *one* of the definitions, by your logic I can say that any God is just a "deified person or object", because that is one of its dictionary definitions.

Do you understand now?

Your treachery and deceit are evident to any who look.

The definition you supplied above^, is preceded by the word "lowercase." Then, following the definition you cited, you apply the "God" in uppercase to that definition.

The good thing about it is that you are displaying to everyone your deceit, so that people can be warned about the deceitful kind of person you are.

Smiley

Smiley

legendary
January 25, 2016, 08:12:15 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

I want to thank you for your post, here. I was wondering why the people of the world have been floundering for the lase 5 decades. Now I see.

People can't even look a word up in a dictionary anymore. But when they do, some of them want to ignore the parts of the meaning that they don't want to see. And if you want to consider that I do this, I do... once in awhile. But rather than make a blanket statement, I point out the ways that the definitions fit.

Do we really have to do this again? Are you never going to see that by the dictionary definitions, atheism is a religion? And if the simple words of the dictionary are difficult for you to understand, do you still not realize that there are some simple websites out there that help you understand that atheism is a religion, even after I have pointed them out to you?

Oh dear, nothing new? You pointed out one definition amongst many, and claimed that it is definitive. That's not how definitions work.

For example, Dictionary.com lists several definitions of "God", one of which is:

Since that is *one* of the definitions, by your logic I can say that any God is just a "deified person or object", because that is one of its dictionary definitions.

Do you understand now?

The definition you supplied above^, is preceded by the word "lowercase." Then, following the definition you cited, you apply the "God" in uppercase to that definition.

The good thing about it is that you are displaying to everyone your deceit, so that people can be warned about the deceitful kind of person you are.

Smiley

Smiley
legendary
January 25, 2016, 08:08:29 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

Religion is an English word, so I'm estimating one billion total English speakers (native plus ESL). One in a billion is effectively one in the world.

The very base of a religion is to believe in one or more gods. The very point of atheism is to refuse the existence of any god...

True, but BADecker has a developed an entire system of illogic designed to bamboozle in order to prove that it is so.

So, very time he baits someone by saying "btdubs, atheism ⊂ religion", I post here to encourage him to produce new arguments. Maybe he'll eventually realise his "Atheism is a religion, and if it isn't it is anyway" aren't logical arguments, just self-contained contradictions.

Since you don't want to believe what the dictionary says, nobody knows what you are saying with the English words you use. You might be talking about something that is extremely different than you mean by the words you use.

Smiley

"The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods"
Here is the Oxford definition. Sounds like religion needs a God... OH MY GOD WHO WOULD HAVE BELIEVED THAT?Huh RELIGION IS LINKED TO GOD? Oo

Idiot.

And you are deceitful, because that isn't all that there is to the definition in the Oxford dictionary. If it were, you would have supplied the link. Since you didn't supply the link, you show that you are hiding the rest of it as best you can. You deceiver.

Smiley

Dude I didn't provide the link because even the most stupid dumbass is able to type "oxford dictionnary" on google...
Here is the link as you're too lazy: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/religion

The question doesn't have anything to do with looking up the Oxford dictionary. The question has to do with where you, a deceitful person, got the info you supplied. I mean, we don't know that it was really the Oxford dictionary. Even if it is exactly the same as what the Oxford dictionary says, we still don't know where you got it, because there might be other sites that use the same wording as the Oxford dictionary.

In other words, we would like to know what your level of deceit is, rather than only your stupidity.

Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 25, 2016, 08:04:46 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

Do you understand now?

Smiley

legendary
January 25, 2016, 07:49:35 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

Smiley

Idiot.

Smiley

legendary
January 25, 2016, 07:46:20 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

Smiley

Idiot.

Smiley
legendary
January 25, 2016, 07:43:38 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

Do you understand now?

Smiley
legendary
January 25, 2016, 07:42:29 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

Smiley

Idiot.
legendary
January 25, 2016, 07:36:33 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

Smiley
legendary
January 25, 2016, 06:54:03 AM
I don't think he will realize it. Talking with BADecker is like talking to a drunken guy. When you think you proved your point he just changes subject cause "you know that's how the universe is"  Cheesy
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 25, 2016, 06:53:35 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

Do you understand now?

donator
Poor impulse control.
January 25, 2016, 06:45:54 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

legendary
January 25, 2016, 06:45:48 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

Atheism is a religion in the in the same way that celibacy is a sexposition

Do you have as much trouble using a dictionary as opening one?   Smiley
legendary
January 25, 2016, 06:39:24 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

Regarding the definition of atheism as a religion, there are three kinds of people in this world.
1. The kind that haven't thought about it, and didn't realize it, and would say that they didn't know it because they hadn't thought about it.
2. The kind that accept what the dictionary definitions express... that atheism is a religion.
3. The kind that ignore the dictionary right in the face of the thing, and try to obscure the dictionary meanings.
That's it. You don't need me to help you fit into one of the categories. You can do it all by yourself. How do we know? Because you show by your posting that you have at least a reasonable understanding of the English language.

Since you continually attempt to obscure the fact that atheism is a religion, you are either trolling a bit, or you have a great desire to change meanings of certain words.

Have you started writing your own dictionary, yet?

However, in all of this, more and more people can see where they fit in regarding this subject. Why? Because some of them will read this, and will make the effort to understand. If posts about this subject were not here, people might not have the opportunity to be directed into thinking about it. So, no matter what people want to believe about it, they are finding which of the 3 categories they fall into.

So, thanks again for your post.

Smiley

EDIT: Oh, Btw, because no two people in the world think exactly the same way, every person's definition is unique. The question isn't the uniqueness. The question is whether or not a word matches the dictionary definition.
legendary
January 25, 2016, 04:44:15 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

Or even of one in the world. The very base of a religion is to believe in one or more gods. The very point of atheism is to refuse the existence of any god...

Activity: 555
Merit: 507
January 25, 2016, 03:05:08 AM

Why be hateful at all.

Smiley

Atheism is a religion in the in the same way that celibacy is a sexposition
Activity: 444
Merit: 260
January 24, 2016, 10:57:53 PM
The universe is alive and evolving along with us, empathy is conscious entropy and dogma remains our greatest enemy.

The only changes that come about in the universe, are the changes God programmed into the universe from the beginning, AND any miracles He might do.

Smiley

AMGOD = DOGMA  Wink
Jump to: