Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 368. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 08, 2015, 08:03:48 PM
Why are religious people so afraid of Atheists?   Huh

Because atheism is a sin and atheist sinners (2nd commandement).

Atheism is replacing G-d with an idol and idolatry is a capital punishment for 2nd commandement.

So being an atheist is worse than murdering/raping/escrow scamming?

Mind you, I can see why religious people aren't afraid of murderers - they are the ones doing all the killing.   Wink

Not worse in the direct comparison. However, atheism has no written direction to NOT do all the bad things. But most religion has some direction and directives against doing the bad things. Even Islam, with its directives to do violence, has directives for peace. Atheism doesn't have such, except on a personal level in some instances.

Smiley

So the argument is without "God" humans would have no moral compass?

Well, if we make AI for real someday, the only place it will get morals is from people, right? I mean, it is very difficult, although not impossible, to figure out morals without instructions.

God made us, the AI. He implanted morals into us, and all of nature. But He also gave a form of free will.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2015, 08:03:01 PM
Yes,  obviously I am an atheist.

Then why you hate Religion?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you judge gravity of sins based on the position in the 10 Commandement list, then: atheist is the worst sin (or one of the worst sins) you could do cause you are in contradiction with the 1st Commandement.

Mind you, I can see why religious people aren't afraid of murderers - they are the ones doing all the killing.   Wink

As you are already sinning, you should take that seriously.

Thank You.

Death threats continues...
BTW, do you've a brain or not quite? It's writing in a book so it's true? Is that your belief?!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
September 08, 2015, 08:00:05 PM

If you judge gravity of sins based on the position in the 10 Commandement list, then: atheist is the worst sin (or one of the worst sins) you could do cause you are in contradiction with the 1st Commandement.

Mind you, I can see why religious people aren't afraid of murderers - they are the ones doing all the killing.   Wink

As you are already sinning, you should take that seriously.

Then why you hate Religion?

Thank You.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lobotomy also leads to the "completion of your life"... works just like faith.
Are you sure you don't want to join ISIL or any other group of crackpots spreading "Godly love and faith" on Earth? Because statements like "atheists doesn't deserve to live" are way inline with those "love spreaders".

You are just afraid to not able to Love.

Don't take the fault on me if your Faith is broken, take the fault on yourself.

Do you at least speak English? Because your answers have nothing to do with my statements!

But no, I'm way able to love, and love what matters, not imaginary friends invented by some dark ages folks.

You were talking about Faith, I replied about Faith.

How talking the same argument is not "having nothing to do with your statement?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Never ending parties are what Im into.
September 08, 2015, 07:55:09 PM

Atheism is replacing G-d with an idol and idolatry is a capital punishment for 2nd commandement.

Not worse in the direct comparison. However, atheism has no written direction to NOT do all the bad things. But most religion has some direction and directives against doing the bad things. Even Islam, with its directives to do violence, has directives for peace. Atheism doesn't have such, except on a personal level in some instances.

Smiley

So the argument is without "God" humans would have no moral compass?
legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:54:44 PM

Smiley

As they also have writings towards justify violence and do bad things...
From an outside perspective religious folks are more up to follow those ones than the pacific ones.
legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:52:53 PM

Smiley
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 08, 2015, 07:52:47 PM

legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:52:27 PM

Do you at least speak English? Because your answers have nothing to do with my statements!

But no, I'm way able to love, and love what matters, not imaginary friends invented by some dark ages folks.
legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:51:01 PM

I'm intelligent, so obviously yes.  Smiley

I don't understand with the smiley: was your a serious answer?

Are you atheist?
Vod
legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:49:40 PM

Are you atheist?

I'm intelligent, so obviously yes.  Smiley
legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:49:01 PM

Are you atheist?
Vod
legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:47:40 PM

legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:46:02 PM
Are you sure you don't want to join ISIL or any other group of crackpots spreading "Godly love and faith" on Earth? Because statements like "atheists doesn't deserve to live" are way inline with those "love spreaders".

legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:43:40 PM
OT

So, even though Eve didn't sin by disobeying a directive from God in her speech with the serpent, she may have lied. Perhaps we don't have the whole conversation that God had with Adam and Eve. Perhaps God did indeed tell them to not touch the fruit. But we don't have record of it.

Why you want to know, didn't I already told you that knowledge leads to death?

Thank You.

===================================================================================================================

How did Eve know that disobeying God would be wrong before eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, only after which she would have known it was wrong?

"Wow"... so she didn't want to disobey: she just wanted to know death.

That was illuminating.

/OT

This wouldn't be my interpretation.  Regardless, it was just a question for BADecker to ponder.  How/why does someone want something if they lack any knowledge of whether it's good or bad?

Part of the answer is in entropy. The creation happened a minimum of 6,000+ years ago. We don't know exactly how much knowledge and understanding Adam and Eve were given. We don't have their kind of great ability to think, because of entropy. Until we have some detailed writings from back then, we may never know what they thought about, or the knowledge they had from God.

Smiley

Sorry, not willing to entertain this answer because 1) entropy is outside of the context of this discussion, and your application of the term is misguided (i.e. learn what entropy is and why you're misusing it), and 2) you're contradicting your personal beliefs regarding your ability to interpret Genesis.

Thank you. I wasn't really interested in it either. Too busy listening to Bert Kaempfert music.    Smiley
legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:41:13 PM
legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:34:27 PM

This wouldn't be my interpretation.  Regardless, it was just a question for BADecker to ponder.

That would be awesome if that will be your interpretation as well.

How/why does someone want something if they lack any knowledge of whether it's good or bad?

Because she was a woman?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faith and love have nothing to do with each other.
Faith and schizophrenia and death threatening people are way way more alike.
Theism, depending on its degree, should be included within psychiatric diseases.

With that you can have one night stand for sure.

Faith will lead you to completion of your Life.

Thank You.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
September 08, 2015, 07:34:04 PM
OT

So, even though Eve didn't sin by disobeying a directive from God in her speech with the serpent, she may have lied. Perhaps we don't have the whole conversation that God had with Adam and Eve. Perhaps God did indeed tell them to not touch the fruit. But we don't have record of it.

Thank You.

===================================================================================================================

How did Eve know that disobeying God would be wrong before eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, only after which she would have known it was wrong?

That was illuminating.

/OT

This wouldn't be my interpretation.  Regardless, it was just a question for BADecker to ponder.  How/why does someone want something if they lack any knowledge of whether it's good or bad?

Part of the answer is in entropy. The creation happened a minimum of 6,000+ years ago. We don't know exactly how much knowledge and understanding Adam and Eve were given. We don't have their kind of great ability to think, because of entropy. Until we have some detailed writings from back then, we may never know what they thought about, or the knowledge they had from God.

Smiley

Sorry, not willing to entertain this answer because 1) entropy is outside of the context of this discussion, and your application of the term is misguided (i.e. learn what entropy is and why you're misusing it), and 2) you're contradicting your personal beliefs regarding your ability to interpret Genesis.
legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:29:51 PM
Faith and love have nothing to do with each other.
Faith and schizophrenia and death threatening people are way way more alike.
Theism, depending on its degree, should be included within psychiatric diseases.
legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:28:21 PM
OT

Thank You.

That was illuminating.

/OT

Smiley
legendary
September 08, 2015, 07:26:02 PM

WHAT?!
How "lovely" of yours! And then we are the ones who doesn't know love!

I said that you CANNOT Love not that you DON'T KNOW love.

Live with the Truth and you will find Love, once you find Love you can start study it, then you'll know Love.

When you found Love you found G-d and you will believe.

You CANNOT love if you don't have Faith.

"Don't fear G-d and through Love you will find Faith": you are pretending to know Love before having Faith. That is wrong with the atheist.

Thank You.
Jump to: