Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 42. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 03, 2018, 05:44:17 PM
When yu read about Ancient Israel in the Old Testament, you will see that they often forsook God and were punished for it. It's always been like that for people of all nations. It's just happening in the USA, now. Nothing different.

But there may be something different this time. The things that are happening in the world of today, are things that match the prophesies that Jesus made about the end times. We may be closer than ever to the time when Jesus returns.

AI is being prepared that just might be great enough for the Soul of Satan to ride within it... so that the release of the great dragon at the end times may be extremely near.

Cool
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
October 02, 2018, 04:27:21 PM
Acouple of weekends ago, I attended what was perhaps the Christian non-event of the year, the Christian Book Expo in Dallas. Organizers had expected 15,000 to walk the aisles, meeting authors and buying books. Only 1,500 showed up. One thing people did show up for, though, was to hear the atheist.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
September 26, 2018, 09:09:49 AM
Why was the flood necessary?

What flood?

Chinese history goes back more than 5000 years, and makes no mention of a worldwide flood.  If there was a worldwide flood that killed everyone except 9 people (who were clearly not Chinese), China would not have such a history.

Biblical flood myth disproved by science... easy peasy

''Biblical flood myth disproved by science'' That wont work with badecker, we are past scientific evidence. Only thing left is to make him realize how stupid and illogical it is.

It amazes me that someone denies evolution, but believes the flood killed all but 9 people (all from the same family)... and within a couple thousand years we have Chinese, whites, blacks, Indians, and all sorts of variations...

That is literally evolution, except even faster than science proposes it happened... no scientist would claim that all the races on earth evolved in only ~3000 years, but religion claims this happened... yet denies evolution exists at the same time... quite a paradox

What can you expect from people who believe that all the languages we have originated because god was ''angry'' (A god cannot be angry) and decided to mess up with the people that were building the babel tower and make them speak different languages.

How can anyone sane believe that?

It's also amazing how they are always defending free will but it seems to me that in the bible God is punishing people all the time for using their free will, essentially destroying it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
September 26, 2018, 08:46:49 AM

What flood?

Chinese history goes back more than 5000 years, and makes no mention of a worldwide flood.  If there was a worldwide flood that killed everyone except 9 people (who were clearly not Chinese), China would not have such a history.

''Biblical flood myth disproved by science'' That wont work with badecker, we are past scientific evidence. Only thing left is to make him realize how stupid and illogical it is.

It amazes me that someone denies evolution, but believes the flood killed all but 9 people (all from the same family)... and within a couple thousand years we have Chinese, whites, blacks, Indians, and all sorts of variations...

That is literally evolution, except even faster than science proposes it happened... no scientist would claim that all the races on earth evolved in only ~3000 years, but religion claims this happened... yet denies evolution exists at the same time... quite a paradox
September 26, 2018, 08:41:40 AM

What flood?

September 26, 2018, 08:04:27 AM

What flood?

September 26, 2018, 06:40:54 AM

''When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for all sins... for all mistakes... to correct the whole thing. Since all sins have been paid for, there is nothing owing.'' First of all, isn't Jesus, God? - Yes, Jesus is God. And why would he ''sacrifice'' himself for us and can you even call it a sacrifice if he revived later on? - He didn't revive. He died. He took our place, paid our debt, because He and His Father loved us. Why does God need anyone to sacrifice himself to save us and why would that save us? - God is self-sufficient. He doesn't need anything. Because Jesus is God, He is great enough to be able to save all of us with His death in place of ours.

''If a person can't make payments on his bank loan, and a different person pays off the loan for him, does he still owe it? No'' Nice analogy buddy, are we supposed to kill ourselves for god at all times and that's why jesus sacrificed himself or how does it work. - No, we are not supposed to kill ourselves. But we are allowed if we are sacrificing ourselves for the lives of others out of love for them. See previous paragraph for the reason why Jesus sacrificed Himself.

Wouldn't an all knowing god already know all this, why allow it in the first place if the whole thing is going to be a mess - To give you freedom to be able to make choices, be they right ones or wrong ones. and he will kill everyone with the flood? - Since He didn't kill everyone with a flood, the question is not applicable. If he was going to kill everyone why bother creating humans before that? - Since He didn't kill everyone, the question is not applicable.

A Sunday school child could answer your silly questions. Go on back to Sunday school for the rest of the answers.

Cool

He killed everyone but 9 people or so with the flood so yes he did kill almost everyone, what happened to their freedom? Everything that happened until that point was destroyed so why bother making it in the first place? Why was the flood necessary? Was it because he made a mistake when creating humans? Otherwise why intervene at all if he is trying to give us ''free will''. How can you argue free will when god is interfering all the time.

If Jesus saved us, why are we still here and not in heaven?

If god gave us free will then why is he pissed about it when people do evil/stupid shit? Why would he need to kill us, he knew it would happen, makes no sense, 0 logic.
legendary
September 25, 2018, 09:39:40 PM

''When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for all sins... for all mistakes... to correct the whole thing. Since all sins have been paid for, there is nothing owing.'' First of all, isn't Jesus, God? - Yes, Jesus is God. And why would he ''sacrifice'' himself for us and can you even call it a sacrifice if he revived later on? - He didn't revive. He died. He took our place, paid our debt, because He and His Father loved us. Why does God need anyone to sacrifice himself to save us and why would that save us? - God is self-sufficient. He doesn't need anything. Because Jesus is God, He is great enough to be able to save all of us with His death in place of ours.

''If a person can't make payments on his bank loan, and a different person pays off the loan for him, does he still owe it? No'' Nice analogy buddy, are we supposed to kill ourselves for god at all times and that's why jesus sacrificed himself or how does it work. - No, we are not supposed to kill ourselves. But we are allowed if we are sacrificing ourselves for the lives of others out of love for them. See previous paragraph for the reason why Jesus sacrificed Himself.

Wouldn't an all knowing god already know all this, why allow it in the first place if the whole thing is going to be a mess - To give you freedom to be able to make choices, be they right ones or wrong ones. and he will kill everyone with the flood? - Since He didn't kill everyone with a flood, the question is not applicable. If he was going to kill everyone why bother creating humans before that? - Since He didn't kill everyone, the question is not applicable.

A Sunday school child could answer your silly questions. Go on back to Sunday school for the rest of the answers.

Cool
September 25, 2018, 06:00:45 PM
Hi, my name is Jb, and I’m a Christian, as you know, the bible teaches about correctable and not correctable people, about saved people and lost boys, about children of the lord and children of the devil, in other words there are immortals and mortals, and both are evil, however immortals can change, I mean we can be less evil, unfortunately mortals can’t, I mean they can’t stop their rebellion...

Wait, what?  The bible says no such thing... where in the bible does it say there are mortal and immortal people/souls?  Where does it say anyone is not savable?

The bible says every soul can be saved... the bible says every soul is immortal (either eternity in heaven, or eternity in hell... there is no non-eternity option)

Even if it did... what makes you so certain you are one of the immortals and not mortal?  Just because you think it sounds like a better choice, doesn't mean you are it

Why do you say, "we" in reference to immortals, and "they" in reference to mortals?  How do you even tell the difference?

Why do I know more about what the bible says than people who believe that rubbish is true?

To answer your questions...

When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for all sins... for all mistakes... to correct the whole thing. Since all sins have been paid for, there is nothing owing.

It's like a bank loan. If a person can't make payments on his bank loan, and a different person pays off the loan for him, does he still owe it? No. The loan has been paid. There is essentially no loan any longer.

When Jesus arose from the dead, He did so with a glorified body. This body can no longer die. It can walk through walls. It can appear and disappear. It can eat food. It can be disguised so two guys walking along the road won't know Jesus until Jesus reveals Himself to them in breaking bread. It can rise into the sky to be hidden by a cloud and no longer seen. In other words, it is a super body, greater than that of our superman comic book character.

Who gets a super body like Jesus? Everybody. Why? The whole penalty of sins and debts has been paid by Jesus. There is not one sin remaining. Every person gets a body that cannot die... in the resurrection. This glorious body that everybody receives will keep every soul alive, forever, because, like the body of Jesus, they can no longer die.

Now here is the stickler. Some people believe Jesus and are on His side, in His army so to speak. They will go to Heaven to receive joy through God's revelations to them. Other people don't believe Jesus, and will go to Hell where their super-body will keep them alive in torment forever. Why forever? Because the body is a gift from Jesus. He won it for them in His death on the cross. It is like His. It can no longer die.

Why won't they go to Heaven with those who are in favor of Jesus? Because they don't want to.

You can want to go to Heaven to be with Jesus. All you have to do is change your mind about Him, and repent of your sins... especially the sin of unbelief. Your choice.

Cool

''When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for all sins... for all mistakes... to correct the whole thing. Since all sins have been paid for, there is nothing owing.'' First of all, isn't Jesus, God? And why would he ''sacrifice'' himself for us and can you even call it a sacrifice if he revived later on? Why does God need anyone to sacrifice himself to save us and why would that save us?

''If a person can't make payments on his bank loan, and a different person pays off the loan for him, does he still owe it? No'' Nice analogy buddy, are we supposed to kill ourselves for god at all times and that's why jesus sacrificed himself or how does it work.

Wouldn't an all knowing god already know all this, why allow it in the first place if the whole thing is going to be a mess and he will kill everyone with the flood? If he was going to kill everyone why bother creating humans before that?
legendary
September 25, 2018, 09:56:17 AM
Hi, my name is Jb, and I’m a Christian, as you know, the bible teaches about correctable and not correctable people, about saved people and lost boys, about children of the lord and children of the devil, in other words there are immortals and mortals, and both are evil, however immortals can change, I mean we can be less evil, unfortunately mortals can’t, I mean they can’t stop their rebellion...

Wait, what?  The bible says no such thing... where in the bible does it say there are mortal and immortal people/souls?  Where does it say anyone is not savable?

The bible says every soul can be saved... the bible says every soul is immortal (either eternity in heaven, or eternity in hell... there is no non-eternity option)

Even if it did... what makes you so certain you are one of the immortals and not mortal?  Just because you think it sounds like a better choice, doesn't mean you are it

Why do you say, "we" in reference to immortals, and "they" in reference to mortals?  How do you even tell the difference?

Why do I know more about what the bible says than people who believe that rubbish is true?

To answer your questions...

When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for all sins... for all mistakes... to correct the whole thing. Since all sins have been paid for, there is nothing owing.

It's like a bank loan. If a person can't make payments on his bank loan, and a different person pays off the loan for him, does he still owe it? No. The loan has been paid. There is essentially no loan any longer.

When Jesus arose from the dead, He did so with a glorified body. This body can no longer die. It can walk through walls. It can appear and disappear. It can eat food. It can be disguised so two guys walking along the road won't know Jesus until Jesus reveals Himself to them in breaking bread. It can rise into the sky to be hidden by a cloud and no longer seen. In other words, it is a super body, greater than that of our superman comic book character.

Who gets a super body like Jesus? Everybody. Why? The whole penalty of sins and debts has been paid by Jesus. There is not one sin remaining. Every person gets a body that cannot die... in the resurrection. This glorious body that everybody receives will keep every soul alive, forever, because, like the body of Jesus, they can no longer die.

Now here is the stickler. Some people believe Jesus and are on His side, in His army so to speak. They will go to Heaven to receive joy through God's revelations to them. Other people don't believe Jesus, and will go to Hell where their super-body will keep them alive in torment forever. Why forever? Because the body is a gift from Jesus. He won it for them in His death on the cross. It is like His. It can no longer die.

Why won't they go to Heaven with those who are in favor of Jesus? Because they don't want to.

You can want to go to Heaven to be with Jesus. All you have to do is change your mind about Him, and repent of your sins... especially the sin of unbelief. Your choice.

Cool
September 25, 2018, 09:32:45 AM

Activity: 22
September 24, 2018, 07:24:43 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Racism at the Athens, GA, library

Hi, my name is Jb, and I’m a Christian, as you know, the bible teaches about correctable and not correctable people, about saved people and lost boys, about children of the lord and children of the devil, in other words there are immortals and mortals, and both are evil, however immortals can change, I mean we can be less evil, unfortunately mortals can’t, I mean they can’t stop their rebellion, so one day at the library, there was and storm warning, and one lady that works at the counter came to tell me to leave, but she was very ugly, very rude because she was thundering her fingers, for that reason I didn’t leave immediately but I went to the restroom, and she followed me to the men’s restroom, then she opened the door to tell me to go again, and I have only one witnesses because there was another man named Jacob at the restroom, however we didn’t record anything but god did, indeed, he revels the sins of everybody, be correctable or not, so if you want to see her sin, just wait until your next dreams and you will see, on the other hand, If you like it, then shared, that way she will pay for her sins because she is very racist, Of course she is the problem, An storm was coming, and she put my live in danger because in the same day, a grocery store that was already closed opened the door in order to offer me protection, and also I know, that the library has concrete rooms to protect you from hurricanes.

Pd: I don't know the name of the lady, but her boss name is Trudy green.

Jb your server.

September 24, 2018, 06:34:44 PM
Problem of evil, that is easy to explain. Who told you that killing is evil? Its the bible right? Or the human mortality.

Simple if god did not exist there will be no morality. Killing will become a animal nature.

Have you ever wondered why humans finds guilt when they kill and other animals don't? Free will that god has given us

Killing has been immoral since before humans evolved... even animals understand it is wrong to kill their own kind... this is not something unique to humans, much less any specific religion... this is simply evolution of a social species... it is beneficial to the species if they don't go around killing each other, and detrimental to the species if they do

Murder has also been illegal since before your religion was invented... your religious book copied word for word from the Code of Hammurabi... you don't even know your own religious history, much less human history

Anyways, morals only exist because reason exists. We know things in the bible are immoral, for instance slavery or beating your wife, we certainly don't need the bible as a moral guide.

Morals exist because they are part of basic brain DNA programming. The mind is attached to the brain. So it has brain copies of the morals built right in. That's why even Godless or non-religious people often feel upset when they do evil.

Any history book, or book of record of humankind, is going to show the evils of mankind. How much more when the book tries to correct the evils, will it not give examples of the evils to show how to correct them?

Look at the whole court case law of any country. It is full of evil records, and then the ways the evil was corrected, or at least the attempts at correcting.

Your evaluation of the Bible is completely wrong. The Bible is essentially the best law book, because it gives the most freedom, while at the same time showing the substance of DNA programming morals.

Cool

''Morals exist because they are part of basic brain DNA programming'' Then god fucked up when programming and added some evil people.
Activity: 377
Merit: 252
September 24, 2018, 05:06:55 PM
I don't think there's hatred towards religion bur rather mere disappointment in these people because they can't even challenge their intellect.
Activity: 12
September 24, 2018, 04:43:00 PM
About half of Americans (53%) say it is not necessary to believe in God to be moral, while 45% say belief in God is necessary to have good values, according to a 2014 survey. In other wealthy countries, smaller shares tend to say that a belief in God is essential for good morals, including just 15% in France. But in many other parts of the world, nearly everyone says that a person must believe in God to be moral, including 99% in Indonesia and Ghana and 98% in Pakistan.
September 22, 2018, 10:40:50 AM
Nobody knows what must happen in a person's life, that he would renounce religion.

Quite simply, I don't like being lied to

I don't believe in gods for the same reason I don't believe in ghosts, gremlins, leprechauns, faeries, unicorns, zombies, vampires, bigfoot, angels, demons, crystals, chakras, chi, dowsing, tarot cards, mediums, psychics, and many other human inventions which have zero scientific evidence to support the claim of their existence
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
September 21, 2018, 11:30:32 AM
Nobody knows what must happen in a person's life, that he would renounce religion. Personally, I believe that it does not matter whether you are an atheist, a believer, a sectarian - the main thing is that you would be a kind person and help people. I believe in karma, and you? Huh
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
September 19, 2018, 11:08:47 PM
I imagine that this has probably been said somewhere in the 400+ pages of this thread, but I will say it anyway.  Being an atheist does not necessitate 'hating' religion.  You might personally feel that way, but that's just your own case.  Atheism is merely the lack of a belief in a god, A-Theism (lack of theism). 
legendary
September 19, 2018, 10:52:06 AM
Problem of evil, that is easy to explain. Who told you that killing is evil? Its the bible right? Or the human mortality.

Simple if god did not exist there will be no morality. Killing will become a animal nature.

Have you ever wondered why humans finds guilt when they kill and other animals don't? Free will that god has given us

Killing has been immoral since before humans evolved... even animals understand it is wrong to kill their own kind... this is not something unique to humans, much less any specific religion... this is simply evolution of a social species... it is beneficial to the species if they don't go around killing each other, and detrimental to the species if they do

Murder has also been illegal since before your religion was invented... your religious book copied word for word from the Code of Hammurabi... you don't even know your own religious history, much less human history

Anyways, morals only exist because reason exists. We know things in the bible are immoral, for instance slavery or beating your wife, we certainly don't need the bible as a moral guide.

Morals exist because they are part of basic brain DNA programming. The mind is attached to the brain. So it has brain copies of the morals built right in. That's why even Godless or non-religious people often feel upset when they do evil.

Any history book, or book of record of humankind, is going to show the evils of mankind. How much more when the book tries to correct the evils, will it not give examples of the evils to show how to correct them?

Look at the whole court case law of any country. It is full of evil records, and then the ways the evil was corrected, or at least the attempts at correcting.

Your evaluation of the Bible is completely wrong. The Bible is essentially the best law book, because it gives the most freedom, while at the same time showing the substance of DNA programming morals.

Cool
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
September 19, 2018, 09:35:32 AM

I will not believe in you that animals understands how immoral it is to kill their own unless they will directly tell me that "which is just not possible"  You know that killing is immoral because humans are simply different we have free will if we are going to based in the bible we know how did we get the will.

Yes I personally don't know the history of my religion I have to admit that one. I am the type of person who actually don't focus on religion since they were different. However I am consistent with my perception that God is really existing based on the fact that I know.

My position is based on facts (verifiable observations) so I don't have to believe. That is the difference between us.

Ironically you are believing that God is not existing which makes no difference at all it just that you believe in the opposite.
Pages:
Jump to: