Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 43. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
September 19, 2018, 07:54:43 AM
Problem of evil, that is easy to explain. Who told you that killing is evil? Its the bible right? Or the human mortality.

Simple if god did not exist there will be no morality. Killing will become a animal nature.

Have you ever wondered why humans finds guilt when they kill and other animals don't? Free will that god has given us

Killing has been immoral since before humans evolved... even animals understand it is wrong to kill their own kind... this is not something unique to humans, much less any specific religion... this is simply evolution of a social species... it is beneficial to the species if they don't go around killing each other, and detrimental to the species if they do

Murder has also been illegal since before your religion was invented... your religious book copied word for word from the Code of Hammurabi... you don't even know your own religious history, much less human history

Anyways, morals only exist because reason exists. We know things in the bible are immoral, for instance slavery or beating your wife, we certainly don't need the bible as a moral guide.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
September 19, 2018, 06:14:36 AM
Problem of evil, that is easy to explain. Who told you that killing is evil? Its the bible right? Or the human mortality.

Simple if god did not exist there will be no morality. Killing will become a animal nature.

Have you ever wondered why humans finds guilt when they kill and other animals don't? Free will that god has given us

Killing has been immoral since before humans evolved... even animals understand it is wrong to kill their own kind... this is not something unique to humans, much less any specific religion... this is simply evolution of a social species... it is beneficial to the species if they don't go around killing each other, and detrimental to the species if they do

Murder has also been illegal since before your religion was invented... your religious book copied word for word from the Code of Hammurabi... you don't even know your own religious history, much less human history
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
September 19, 2018, 02:43:59 AM

I said "we don't know how the world came about".  Your story about the creator is just your vivid imagination working overtime.

My position is rational.  It is based on what we know (and what we know is backed by the data or by the lack of it).

Yours, well, not so much.

We are just rotating our statements. Your position is rational based on what you believed and that goes the same for me as well.

You can question my position based on your way of thinking that also goes the same way for me.

Exactly you only know that based on the datas more than that we don't know most of the things and that is where my position about believing that a creator must exist. And that is not an imagination cause as I have said if that is "just an imagination" Other scientists and philosophers will not believe in it. 

Who is right or wrong? We don't know. The thing here is that I highly believe in science and its potential. It is just that i know its limitations.

~

September 18, 2018, 11:03:19 AM
That I cannot answer, I might want to discuss the answer according to bible which you find "just a fantasy or unreal" therefore my explanation will be pointless.

I am not afraid of the bible, I have read most of it, and it is highly flawed.  Too much murder, slavery and general hatred for my liking.  The only good part of the bible is the stuff about Jesus.  I agree he was a cool guy who really "got it".  I don't believe that he performed "miracles" (if you even call turning water into wine at a party because they were so drunk they ran out of wine... a miracle?)

None of the western religions have a good answer for the Problem of Evil
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

Originating with Greek philosopher Epicurus, the logical argument from evil is as follows:
   1) If an omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient god exists, then evil does not.
   2) There is evil in the world.
   3) Therefore, an omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient god does not exist.

Eastern religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc) get around this problem by not having an omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient god.

The problem seems to be that when you apply so many omni-* aspects to your god, you end up with logical contradictions

Other contradictions go like:
Can your god make a boulder so big he can't lift it?
If he can lift it, then he is not omnipotent... if he can't create a boulder big enough, then he is not omnipotent

It's a lose-lose situation providing evidence that omnipotence is an impossibility
September 18, 2018, 08:53:39 AM
~

Then you are way smarter than the creator, who already have proven something about in deep knowledge rather than you. However there is no difference at all since youre statement is also just an imagination or in a good term " theory".

~

That I cannot answer, I might wan't to discuss the answer according to bible which you find "just a fantasy or unreal" therefore my explanation will be pointless.
September 18, 2018, 08:19:09 AM
Based on my common sense I still believe that a creation will never ever be created without a creator...

If nothing can be created without a creator... who created God?

If you say God can exist without a creator, why can't the universe exist without a creator?  Why fill your "gap of knowledge" with "God"?  According to science (Akham's Razor), the universe existing without a God creating it would be a better (simpler) explanation... God is unnecessary and redundant in the creation scenario

If God created everything, then God is responsible for all diseases like flesh-eating bacteria.
Why would God create a parasite that eats a human eyeball from the inside-out? (is God sadistic?)
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/students-eye-eaten-inside-dangerous-5706836
September 18, 2018, 12:43:18 AM

What science explains can be verified to be true.
Of course it is true but it has  a lot of limitation.

What religion explains cannot be verified to be true and there is an overwhelming evidence that it is not true.
It is indeed really overwhelming to think that there is a creation without a creator in which religions are trying to explain.

It is ok to have questions.  It is not ok to provide answers without any evidence or means of verification.

Creation is the pure evidence of  the existence of God. Matter,Force, Space,Time did not create itselves that is just pathetic.

If you don't care whether the answers (to your burning questions) are true, you accept the religious world view.
If you care whether the answers (to your burning questions) are true, you accept the scientific world view.
The answer for my question is clear, ironically you don't see it clearly ( that is your opinion anyways)

The fact that most religious people ignore scientific discoveries (evolution, emergence etc) that negate their position should tell you something about them.  They don't care.  They believe whatever the cult they were born into.

When scientists cannot explain something, they simply say "we don't know, we'll continue to look for the answers".
When religious folks cannot explain something, they simply say "God did it, we have the answers".

Religious people did not ignore scientific discoveries, atheist on the other hand ignores the fact that scientific discoveries only provide theories about evolution. As I have said you can't have a creation without a creator that is the fact.

That is exactly the point science don't know all things that is why they only provide theories.

Which one of the two positions is an honest position.

Based on my common sense I still believe that a creation will never ever be created without a creator. You can't have a phone without inventors. Now this debate is a never ending debate in my opinion. So basically I will believe based on the fact that I know and so you are oppositely.

Just a suggestion tho, try reading

"Does God Exist?: Can the existence of God be scientifically proved?" by Herbert W. Armstrong
That "might" just change the way how you think about life.
September 17, 2018, 11:31:11 PM
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
September 17, 2018, 10:16:07 AM
Americans like atheists less than they like members of most major religious groups. A 2014 Pew Research Center survey asked Americans to rate groups on a “feeling thermometer” from zero (as cold and negative as possible) to 100 (the warmest, most positive possible rating). U.S. adults gave atheists an average rating of 41, comparable to the rating they gave Muslims (40) and far colder than the average given to Jews (63), Catholics (62) and evangelical Christians (61).
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
September 16, 2018, 10:23:27 PM
Perhaps it is because that religion makes people do crazy things or commit nasty things that does not have to happen. I believe there is a God but there are some instances that it makes me not agree to what they believe it or hate it like there are many Gods. They also worship many saints and the worst part is that they worship a piece of a wood that is made by a man.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
September 16, 2018, 08:33:17 PM
In my opinion Atheists do not hate religion that much. They just do not believe in Gods is it because they believe in what they experience. They kill innocent people because of the religion? No! they kill people because they want to fight the government, they want to get attention from the government they do not hate religion that much. I have a friend who is atheist and I ask him do you hate Gods ? He said I do not it just happen that many people make them self look like they really believe in God but the reality they dont believe and also i dont have religions but I just dont believe in God is it because we dont experience God and see him sitting on the throne
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 16, 2018, 08:24:03 PM
Okay, if you are an atheist who DOESN'T hate religion, you are simply a person who posts a comment. The tread isn't referring to you.

This thread is about atheists who HATE religion. The topic should have been titled, "Why do Atheists Who Hate Religion, Hate Religion."

Cool
Activity: 418
September 16, 2018, 09:29:34 AM
I don't think all atheists hate religion, in my opinion people are free to choose atheists or choose a particular religion because it is human rights, it would be better if we respect each other and respect each other's choices
Activity: 222
September 16, 2018, 06:00:25 AM
my life experience, my friend is an atheist but he does not hate religion, because they assume that humans are free to choose their own way of life, and we cannot force someone because I think it violates human rights, I am still being good friends and respect each other's choices
Activity: 71
Merit: 12
September 16, 2018, 05:47:21 AM
I dont hate religion i only think that it is the reason for a lot of wars and a lot of people abuse the idea of relegion to make profit out of it...
Activity: 624
Merit: 250
September 14, 2018, 03:06:47 PM
Well, according to an atheist, they disagree with religion because religion make human lack of empathy when they should have it. And since human as a community could learn from the past experiences, including reviewing values that are no longer appropriate for the times and brave enough to change them.
Activity: 44
Merit: 2
September 14, 2018, 11:15:34 AM
Is atheism not a religion? Atheism like others is a religion that does not believe in the existence of deities whether by divinity or by nature.
All are religion because it is a way of life associated with individual belief irrespective of tribe, nation, gender etc. if an atheist believe there is no god, then that is a religion,
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
September 13, 2018, 10:18:17 AM

If you don't know something, an honest position is to say I don't know, not to invent some imaginary entity to fill your gaps in knowledge.

You believe in the God of the Gaps.  Google it.

Science will eventually explain everything.  

Have you noticed that the space where your "God" existed is getting smaller and smaller, all thanks to science.  Now you have to place him outside of the known universe.  But in reality he only exists in your mind.  For most people God is just that good feeling, supplemented with iconography of their church and memories of religious ceremonies.

Your God concept has been created by years of indoctrination by the cult you were born into.

That is why I've been asking to why can't science simply answer that simple question to where did all started to fill my gaps in knowledge.

Science only fills the gap of humans capacity in this life.  After you die you don't even know what will happen, so what are you telling me then is we just came out here out from nowhere? Pathetic.

The idea of "Science will eventually explain everything" only exist in your mind as if "God" only existed in my mind.  I just can't imagine how you setup your reasoning, the fact that is already been given to you that science can't explain everything. Yet it seems that you really is being too faithful that science will "someday", "soon", "eventually" will be able to explain everything.

By the way I will be asking you something, Do scientist ever went to every time and space to state that all they tell based on their studies are facts? Obviously not they will only fill the cup with water where they were into just like you. You only understand things based on your studies or experience more that then you can't explain other things and that is scientifically proven.  That is the reason why science by all means can't just simply explain everything.

What science explains can be verified to be true.
What religion explains cannot be verified to be true and there is an overwhelming evidence that it is not true.

It is ok to have questions.  It is not ok to provide answers without any evidence or means of verification.

If you don't care whether the answers (to your burning questions) are true, you accept the religious world view.
If you care whether the answers (to your burning questions) are true, you accept the scientific world view.

The fact that most religious people ignore scientific discoveries (evolution, emergence etc) that negate their position should tell you something about them.  They don't care.  They believe whatever the cult they were born into.

When scientists cannot explain something, they simply say "we don't know, we'll continue to look for the answers".
When religious folks cannot explain something, they simply say "God did it, we have the answers".

Which one of the two positions is an honest position.

September 13, 2018, 04:34:21 AM

If you don't know something, an honest position is to say I don't know, not to invent some imaginary entity to fill your gaps in knowledge.

Have you noticed that the space where your "God" existed is getting smaller and smaller, all thanks to science.  Now you have to place him outside of the known universe.  But in reality he only exists in your mind.  For most people God is just that good feeling, supplemented with iconography of their church and memories of religious ceremonies.

Your God concept has been created by years of indoctrination by the cult you were born into.

That is why I've been asking to why can't science simply answer that simple question to where did all started to fill my gaps in knowledge.

Science only fills the gap of humans capacity in this life.  After you die you don't even know what will happen, so what are you telling me then is we just came out here out from nowhere? Pathetic.

The idea of "Science will eventually explain everything" only exist in your mind as if "God" only existed in my mind.  I just can't imagine how you setup your reasoning, the fact that is already been given to you that science can't explain everything. Yet it seems that you really is being too faithful that science will "someday", "soon", "eventually" will be able to explain everything.

By the way I will be asking you something, Do scientist ever went to every time and space to state that all they tell based on their studies are facts? Obviously not they will only fill the cup with water where they were into just like you. You only understand things based on your studies or experience more that then you can't explain other things and that is scientifically proven.  That is the reason why science by all means can't just simply explain everything.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 12, 2018, 10:57:43 PM

What are you talking about.  Atheists do not believe in any supernatural beings, Gods, angels, demons, Lucifer or any other characters from your religious scriptures.

The difference between you and me is that I will change my mind if you present me with the evidence to support your supernatural claims. BTW, Bible is not evidence.

You will never change your mind.  No matter the evidence.  

I was just simply talking about free will. God is not allowing us humans to explain everything like where did the evolution begin and how did it became from nothing to something.

So that humans could decide for themselves whether to believe that he existed or not.

Have you ever ask yourself about that facts? If science can explain most things yet science can't explain the core of everything?

You have wrap your mindset to that evidence you are talking about. All the evidence as well was given to you that science can't simply explains everything.

Nope you are wrong, if science can explain the core of everything then i might change my mind. However you aren't changing your mind even if you already saw it that science can't simply answer that question "where did all of this began? Like time and matter)

Science has already explained God. Why would we want to explain anything else with science? Let's go to God in prayer.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: