Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 45. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 11
August 17, 2018, 08:55:03 PM
"
WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.
"

---------> I think you're just agnostic.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
August 16, 2018, 04:16:21 PM
Athists has a little learn to religion. For that they hate religion. This reason there future are dengerous.
Activity: 54
Merit: 5
July 31, 2018, 10:47:55 AM
I think the major reason why some atheists hate religion is that the church is pretty often trying to become a full branch of government and influence political decisions and therefore impose their morals and value on people who may not share their views. I, being an atheist, have nothing against any religion for as long as people of that faith don't force me to think the way they do.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
July 28, 2018, 08:37:46 AM
I encourage you to read the Holy Bible, you don't have to believe in religion or to decide what religion to be with, all matter is your fate and you believe in Jesus Christ and you'll be save.

Me too.  Go ahead and read the bible.  Make sure you don't skip the morbid parts.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crazy-shit-bible-says-crazy-shit-christians-say-1367154

If you read the bible you'll realize that it was written by very primitive people.  People who did not have a clue about how the world works.
People who had very skewed moral standard.

Reading the bible is the fastest way to become an Atheist.  Problem is majority of religious folks don't read the goat skin scriptures, aka Bible, Quran, Talmud etc.

For a moment I thought you were badecker, I was like wtf is he saying. People who believe in the bible and are not indoctrinated are literally stupid. Below 70 IQ. I understand if you believe because you were taught that way since you were a kid but if you didn't there is no excuse.

Problem is that religious folks do not read the bible.  They get bits and pieces during their Sunday mass, the rest is filled with anecdotes/proverbs provided by family or friends.  That is how people stay religious, even the ones who are somewhat intelligent.  They ignore the whole Bible or pick some verses they like and ignore the rest.

I encourage people to read these "holy" books.   I agree with you that those who remain religious after reading the whole Bible are probably around 70-80 IQ range.  

After reading the Bible, anyone with half a brain will understand what it is and why it was written.

PS. The indoctrinated people will always defend the Bible no matter how stupid it is.  They don't care if it is true, if their God existence can be scientifically tested, all they know is that the book is "holy" and criticizing or questioning it is a sin.

My grandma kept telling me to read the bible to believe, it did in fact made me not believe. The bible is possibly the most overrated book in the history of humanity. It's such a bad book, I agree that some stories are good and as a science fiction book it's certainly ok but far from a masterpiece.
Activity: 17
July 27, 2018, 11:48:54 AM
Actually, it depends on different life events. Some people for example never had the opportunity to have a spiritual education. For them, it is hard to say that they know God or understand a religion. Of course, knowing God has nothing to do with religion. I agree with that. But religious education is very important. Most atheist just like religious education. Actually, they just do not know about spiritual life. They think they are cool by saying they believe in nothing. It is strange. How can you be alive and say you believe in nothing? You may not believe in man-made religions. Ok! But in God? please be reasonable.
Activity: 26
July 27, 2018, 11:35:02 AM
Hate is such a powerful word,misunderstand and misused. It is a fallacious anti-atheist argument which attempts to label atheism as a mere emotional opposition to god(s), rather than a reasoned denial of the existence of said god(s). Atheists do not deny the existence of god(s) They do not dislike Religion or Atheism. They dislike those who are fundamentalist or extremist in the viewpoints, those who combine their political extremism with the religious extremism.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
July 26, 2018, 10:24:46 PM
I encourage you to read the Holy Bible, you don't have to believe in religion or to decide what religion to be with, all matter is your fate and you believe in Jesus Christ and you'll be save.

Me too.  Go ahead and read the bible.  Make sure you don't skip the morbid parts.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crazy-shit-bible-says-crazy-shit-christians-say-1367154

If you read the bible you'll realize that it was written by very primitive people.  People who did not have a clue about how the world works.

Reading the bible is the fastest way to become an Atheist.  Problem is majority of religious folks don't read the goat skin scriptures, aka Bible, Quran, Talmud etc.

For a moment I thought you were badecker, I was like wtf is he saying. People who believe in the bible and are not indoctrinated are literally stupid. Below 70 IQ. I understand if you believe because you were taught that way since you were a kid but if you didn't there is no excuse.

Problem is that religious folks do not read the bible.  They get bits and pieces during their Sunday mass, the rest is filled with anecdotes/proverbs provided by family or friends.  That is how people stay religious, even the ones who are somewhat intelligent.  They ignore the whole Bible or pick some verses they like and ignore the rest.

I encourage people to read these "holy" books.   I agree with you that those who remain religious after reading the whole Bible are probably around 70-80 IQ range.  

After reading the Bible, anyone with half a brain will understand what it is and why it was written.

PS. The indoctrinated people will always defend the Bible no matter how stupid it is.  They don't care if it is true, if their God existence can be scientifically tested, all they know is that the book is "holy" and criticizing or questioning it is a sin.
July 26, 2018, 03:30:52 PM

Me too.  Go ahead and read the bible.  Make sure you don't skip the morbid parts.

If you read the bible you'll realize that it was written by very primitive people.  People who did not have a clue about how the world works.

Reading the bible is the fastest way to become an Atheist.  Problem is majority of religious folks don't read the goat skin scriptures, aka Bible, Quran, Talmud etc.

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
July 26, 2018, 12:02:58 PM

Me too.  Go ahead and read the bible.  Make sure you don't skip the morbid parts.

If you read the bible you'll realize that it was written by very primitive people.  People who did not have a clue about how the world works.

Reading the bible is the fastest way to become an Atheist.  Problem is majority of religious folks don't read the goat skin scriptures, aka Bible, Quran, Talmud etc.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
July 26, 2018, 09:21:24 AM
All you need to do is stop in at your favorite nudist camp to see why people wear clothing. Most people want to hide ugly. It's in religions because religions want things to be good, not ugly. Atheism wants good, not ugly. Atheism must be a religion.

Cool
Activity: 49
Merit: 1
July 26, 2018, 07:41:01 AM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I'm not an atheist, but I do not think much in religion. For example, that the church must always come in pants, women, with a headscarf. I come to God, what a difference in what I come to him. After all, we were all born into the world naked. It's these things that embarrass me, they are in every religion.
Activity: 7
July 26, 2018, 05:32:50 AM
Christianity is not about believing because we want to believe. The natural tendency of man is to run away from God, the theme of the the Bible from cover to cover, and the testimony of countless Christians before God arrested them.
The former atheist, C.S. Lewis, aptly described himself as the most reluctant convert to Christ, but he was forced by the wealth of evidence to believe. And there is no shortage of evidence for anyone with eyes open to see it. So the Bible says that no one has any excuse for denying that God exists because of the evidence (Romans 1:18ff).
"Why not believe in something cooler?" Perkele? The Finnish god of thunder and a popular Finnish swearword? And you object to believing in the Creator of everything, for whom there is abundant evidence???
July 02, 2018, 06:09:51 AM

I am not interested in learning about Zeus right now. But thanks for the acknowledgement that you understand that God exists. After all, even though such wasn't the point of the thread, at least we can set that one aside for now. But since I am not going to bookmark this post, you'll probably deny that you understand that God exists somewhere in the future, and I'll have to go through convincing you about Him, again.

Toodles.

Cool

Thanks for acknowledging that Zeus exists. After all you wouldn't be here without him, he is everywhere. Don't do this badecker, you will go to hell if you believe in other gods, come to Zeus, the true god.

I haven't acknowledged what you say I have. But through your saying it, you are confirming that you understand that God exists. So, let's get together and stamp out atheism, since we both know that God exists. We can save His description for other threads.

Cool

Thanks for this post, you are showing you have knowledge of Zeus. You actually knew about Zeus well before you were born, your soul knew Zeus was real, you just stop believing in it because Zeus gave us free will. Please, comeback and you will be saved!
legendary
July 01, 2018, 03:50:03 PM

I am not interested in learning about Zeus right now. But thanks for the acknowledgement that you understand that God exists. After all, even though such wasn't the point of the thread, at least we can set that one aside for now. But since I am not going to bookmark this post, you'll probably deny that you understand that God exists somewhere in the future, and I'll have to go through convincing you about Him, again.

Toodles.

Cool

Thanks for acknowledging that Zeus exists. After all you wouldn't be here without him, he is everywhere. Don't do this badecker, you will go to hell if you believe in other gods, come to Zeus, the true god.

I haven't acknowledged what you say I have. But through your saying it, you are confirming that you understand that God exists. So, let's get together and stamp out atheism, since we both know that God exists. We can save His description for other threads.

Cool
July 01, 2018, 04:48:31 AM

''If you deny the evident soul and spirit'' Show scientific proof that ''the evident'' soul exists. I haven't seen any so far but of course, inventing stuff to complete your argument is easy. I can do it too. Zeus is in fact the real god, however Natas, another god became corrupt and it's now trying to convince people like you that the real god is the god from the bible, only those with a strong soul can ignore him, you have a weak soul and he convinced you easily. If you deny the evident soul and how evident Zeus is then it simply shows how much Natas corrupted you.

Cool

Start by looking at the definitions and descriptions of soul and spirit in the dictionaries and encyclopedias. The fact that you say "I" or "I am" is your soul and spirit recognizing such, that you, yourself, exist.

This isn't the thread for deciding which God is the real God, is it? If you are trying to suggest that one god is real, and another isn't, just to prove that none of them exist, why don't you say such? If you don't say what you are trying to suggest, people might start to think that you are espousing some god as the real god.

Cool

Natas corrupted your soul, you aren't the one talking right now, it's your corrupted soul, I don't think there is a way back for you. The real god is Zeus, look up the definition of Zeus.

Toodles.

Cool

legendary
June 30, 2018, 11:16:54 AM

''If you deny the evident soul and spirit'' Show scientific proof that ''the evident'' soul exists. I haven't seen any so far but of course, inventing stuff to complete your argument is easy. I can do it too. Zeus is in fact the real god, however Natas, another god became corrupt and it's now trying to convince people like you that the real god is the god from the bible, only those with a strong soul can ignore him, you have a weak soul and he convinced you easily. If you deny the evident soul and how evident Zeus is then it simply shows how much Natas corrupted you.

Cool

Start by looking at the definitions and descriptions of soul and spirit in the dictionaries and encyclopedias. The fact that you say "I" or "I am" is your soul and spirit recognizing such, that you, yourself, exist.

This isn't the thread for deciding which God is the real God, is it? If you are trying to suggest that one god is real, and another isn't, just to prove that none of them exist, why don't you say such? If you don't say what you are trying to suggest, people might start to think that you are espousing some god as the real god.

Cool

Natas corrupted your soul, you aren't the one talking right now, it's your corrupted soul, I don't think there is a way back for you. The real god is Zeus, look up the definition of Zeus.

Toodles.

Cool
June 30, 2018, 04:46:45 AM

Cool

Cool

legendary
June 29, 2018, 10:05:10 PM

Cool

Cool
June 29, 2018, 03:46:52 AM

You don't seem to really understand what you are saying. Let me break it down for you.

''My faith changes according to my choice'' Your choice to believe in god or not relies on external knowledge, you can't simply believe in god without any knowledge of anything, since everything else is not determined by you, your faith isn't really yours. God put you where you are, god decided that you will be born in that country at that time and everything else that surrounds your life was decided by god, your only free will is to use those occurrences and believe or not in God, problem is that everyone is different, we are all born in different places, have different lives and it's not fair to ask a muslim born kid to believe in your god, obviously for a kid born into a christian country and a christian family it's much easier. God is either not fair, stupid or doesn't exist, since he cannot be unfair or stupid the only option is that he doesn't exist.

You don't seem to understand that among your assumptions are:
1. "Your choice to believe in god or not relies on external knowledge;"
2. "you can't simply believe in god without any knowledge of anything;"
3. "your faith isn't really yours."

Once you realize that you are stating these things without knowledge that they are true, you will realize that everything else you say falls apart.

Cool

You are retarded. How do you choose to believe in god or not if you don't know anything about god, answer that, you idiot.

Do you have an identity? When you say "I" meaning yourself, is there really something there? Tell us there isn't, and we will consider your posts the grinding of a broken computer, and we will have logical reason to not respond any longer. Or tell us there is, and then explain this thing that all of science is having trouble finding - the soul or spirit.

We know that everything that we understand operates through cause and effect. But the soul and spirit not things, even though we name them like we name things (just so we can talk about them). They don't necessarily operate by cause and effect entirely.

The soul and spirit, having come from God, know about God in their own way, which is not necessarily the same as mental knowing entirely. That's why the soul and spirit can have faith in God or against Him. Everybody knows of the existence God from the standpoint of his soul or spirit. Now for the faith in Him... or faith against Him.

If you deny the evident soul and spirit, this simply shows that you have a long way to go in your consideration of things.

Cool

Cool
legendary
June 29, 2018, 12:28:26 AM

You don't seem to really understand what you are saying. Let me break it down for you.

''My faith changes according to my choice'' Your choice to believe in god or not relies on external knowledge, you can't simply believe in god without any knowledge of anything, since everything else is not determined by you, your faith isn't really yours. God put you where you are, god decided that you will be born in that country at that time and everything else that surrounds your life was decided by god, your only free will is to use those occurrences and believe or not in God, problem is that everyone is different, we are all born in different places, have different lives and it's not fair to ask a muslim born kid to believe in your god, obviously for a kid born into a christian country and a christian family it's much easier. God is either not fair, stupid or doesn't exist, since he cannot be unfair or stupid the only option is that he doesn't exist.

You don't seem to understand that among your assumptions are:
1. "Your choice to believe in god or not relies on external knowledge;"
2. "you can't simply believe in god without any knowledge of anything;"
3. "your faith isn't really yours."

Once you realize that you are stating these things without knowledge that they are true, you will realize that everything else you say falls apart.

Cool

You are retarded. How do you choose to believe in god or not if you don't know anything about god, answer that, you idiot.

Do you have an identity? When you say "I" meaning yourself, is there really something there? Tell us there isn't, and we will consider your posts the grinding of a broken computer, and we will have logical reason to not respond any longer. Or tell us there is, and then explain this thing that all of science is having trouble finding - the soul or spirit.

We know that everything that we understand operates through cause and effect. But the soul and spirit not things, even though we name them like we name things (just so we can talk about them). They don't necessarily operate by cause and effect entirely.

The soul and spirit, having come from God, know about God in their own way, which is not necessarily the same as mental knowing entirely. That's why the soul and spirit can have faith in God or against Him. Everybody knows of the existence God from the standpoint of his soul or spirit. Now for the faith in Him... or faith against Him.

If you deny the evident soul and spirit, this simply shows that you have a long way to go in your consideration of things.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: