Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 60. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
February 21, 2018, 12:23:10 AM

What passes for 'atheism' these days is ambiguous at best.  Some people will call themselves 'agnostic' or 'spiritual' to make allowances while others will use the 'atheist' label while being fairly significantly swayed by philosophical and ethical features of the dominate religion of their country.  I, for instance, consider myself a true atheist, but America really is a 'Christian nation' by-n-large and a fair amount of our core ethics have a basis in that religious framework.  Hence, so do my own.

As I study and mull over things, I do find that some of the Christian 'paranoia' about 'hatred' toward them by 'atheists' has some legs.  I didn't buy it a few years ago but after some research I do now.  What I am seeing is that there is another philosophical framework here and one which has an outsizes influence on current American culture.  It is very different in some fundamental ways from Christianity.  This 'undercurrent' is not exactly Judaism but it is related.  It can be traced back to Kabbalahistic philosophies which in turn are informed by the Jewish Talmud.  Some call it 'Lucifarian' for lack of a better term.  Judaism is highly ethic supremacist in nature.  This ethno-supremacy breeds hatred, and that is not stamped out along the child branches...even when the branches support mostly non-Jews amusingly enough.

The most 'pure' expressions of Judaism are noted in the Hasidic movements these days.  A little study of these shows a quite alarming degree of hatred for the 'goyim' and Christ/Christians being instilled from an early age.  Very similar to what happens in some of the more radical Islamic madrasas in fact.  I don't think that this hasidic derived hatred transfers to the mainstream all that much, but a similar hatred which comes from the same basic root probably does.  'The Jews' have some legitimate reasons to hate 'the Christ'.  He is to them an impostor Mashiach for one thing, and he said some pretty nasty things about their pharisees (Rabbis) when he was kicking.  He also beat the shit out of them with a whip for being money-grubbing exploitative assholes.  They took care of him back in the day, but his spirit lives on much to the displeasure of some.

What passes for 'atheism' these days ..

Someone who doesn't believe in a man like being went zap and everything was so..
Sky daddy fairy tales very hard to believe in the 21st century with the fact of SCIENCE ..

Someone said if i spin around 2 times it brings me luck ..
Yes i am like a spinning top when i place a horse bet..
Does it work NO but sometimes it does so i keep spinning   WELL you do anything to win..

Even when your dying and you want to live it's trying to win..= praying like my spinning
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
February 20, 2018, 08:59:21 PM

What passes for 'atheism' these days is ambiguous at best.  Some people will call themselves 'agnostic' or 'spiritual' to make allowances while others will use the 'atheist' label while being fairly significantly swayed by philosophical and ethical features of the dominate religion of their country.  I, for instance, consider myself a true atheist, but America really is a 'Christian nation' by-n-large and a fair amount of our core ethics have a basis in that religious framework.  Hence, so do my own.

As I study and mull over things, I do find that some of the Christian 'paranoia' about 'hatred' toward them by 'atheists' has some legs.  I didn't buy it a few years ago but after some research I do now.  What I am seeing is that there is another philosophical framework here and one which has an outsizes influence on current American culture.  It is very different in some fundamental ways from Christianity.  This 'undercurrent' is not exactly Judaism but it is related.  It can be traced back to Kabbalahistic philosophies which in turn are informed by the Jewish Talmud.  Some call it 'Lucifarian' for lack of a better term.  Judaism is highly ethic supremacist in nature.  This ethno-supremacy breeds hatred, and that is not stamped out along the child branches...even when the branches support mostly non-Jews amusingly enough.

The most 'pure' expressions of Judaism are noted in the Hasidic movements these days.  A little study of these shows a quite alarming degree of hatred for the 'goyim' and Christ/Christians being instilled from an early age.  Very similar to what happens in some of the more radical Islamic madrasas in fact.  I don't think that this hasidic derived hatred transfers to the mainstream all that much, but a similar hatred which comes from the same basic root probably does.  'The Jews' have some legitimate reasons to hate 'the Christ'.  He is to them an impostor Mashiach for one thing, and he said some pretty nasty things about their pharisees (Rabbis) when he was kicking.  He also beat the shit out of them with a whip for being money-grubbing exploitative assholes.  They took care of him back in the day, but his spirit lives on much to the displeasure of some.

Activity: 420
Merit: 14
February 20, 2018, 08:11:41 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I don't think atheist hate religion. It's just that they don't believe in it. I mean I don't believe in the teaching of the roman Catholic church but hey i don't hate it or anyone who believes in it. But if the question is, why atheists don't believe in religion then maybe they experienced great pain and would wonder why a creator would do such a thing to it's creation. Why a God would allow rapists, serial killers and corruption. But the thing is, we don't know God's plan.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 20, 2018, 07:36:15 PM
We don't need the fear of eternal, painful hell etc

But if you had fear of Hell, you might find God and salvation from Hell. As it is, you get Hell.

Cool
Activity: 122
Merit: 0
February 20, 2018, 07:21:18 PM
First off, being religious or an atheist is a choice. And well, not all of them hate religion. However, I think atheists tend to show a very strong  distaste for religion especially for the fanatics. Some religious beliefs are observed which they deem to be be out of order or to some extent, stupid. To the believer of that particular  faith, these religious practices defy human logic and and anyone who thinks otherwise and do not consign to it  is destined for eternal condemnation. Those religious fanatics like shove down their beliefs into other people's throat even when they do not have the full understanding of their own beliefs. There are atheists who used to be religious, and they think their religious are being brainwashed. These opposing ideologies culminates into hate sometimes, not all the time. But I have a few friends who are atheists but we get along fine. As long as they do not question my beliefs and I do not interfere with their personal interests
Activity: 64
February 20, 2018, 03:26:29 PM
We don't need the fear of eternal, painful hell etc
Activity: 14
February 20, 2018, 01:00:54 PM
I personally think that saying definitely that there is no higher power is just as arrogant as the religions that say that there definitively is one. My personal belief is that nobody has supplied me with sufficient enough evidence that God exists so I do not believe in one. At the same time there isn't definitive evidence of some type of superior being. When I say that I don't mean God. God is bullshit and was created to manipulate people through religion. I mean like something/someone/some civilization that has advanced enough to create matter, terraform, put us into a simulation and make us feel like we have free will. That is more appealing than some "all knowing" guy in the sky that let's everything happen because "he knows best and we just have to have faith." No thanks.
Activity: 126
January 28, 2018, 04:08:26 AM
These atheists hate to preach the bad stuff in the form of religion, and good ideas don't have to be propagated through religion. What is often observed or feared by the religious people is the dregs, such as religious taboos, discrimination and confrontation with modern scientific research.
legendary
Activity: 1445
Merit: 1000
January 28, 2018, 03:52:20 AM
I think people don't need religion more than they think they don't want religion. If you believe that all morality and goodness comes from god, then you will see a happy, moral and loving person. But no religion... This could lead to a crash.
So you say that morality and goodness can only come from god and non-religious people cannot be moral and good? Are you 'good and moral' just because there is a god? Wouldn't you be otherwise?
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
January 28, 2018, 03:28:16 AM
I think people don't need religion more than they think they don't want religion. If you believe that all morality and goodness comes from god, then you will see a happy, moral and loving person. But no religion... This could lead to a crash.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
January 28, 2018, 01:56:58 AM
1. They argue that religion has the potential to make people forget empathy.
2. Religion has the potential to make it difficult in reasoning or learning about natural phenomena.
3. Religion is purified and privileged compared to reason and empathy.
4. Indoctrination of children.
5. Fill in verses of scripture and standard teachings of religion.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
January 28, 2018, 12:52:41 AM
There are many beliefs and religions in the world. We have people of faith and religion and various beliefs. I guess we can even say that atheists are a religion in themself. I guess by not believing in a god, they are believing in something else. Therefore I dont think they hate religion.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
January 28, 2018, 12:08:39 AM
Maybe its because there are lots of religion and each  has its own beliefs and rituals. Some still follow the olden ways and some changes to modern ways. What is right and just in one religion might be wrong to other. The atheist may be confused. But i think not all atheist hate religion.
Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
January 28, 2018, 12:02:27 AM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

They hate religion because every religion has a God they believe in. Many express a strong hatred of God. Sometimes you could just wonder and ask yourself as well, why do they hate someone I have faith on and I believe since I was a kid? Are they scared of hell or whatsoever? Atheist themselves are huge question for me. Why would they spread such negativity when their lives are given by someone they don't believe in.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
January 27, 2018, 11:42:41 PM
At first, of course, everyone was born not a religion or worship a certain God, who then embraced the religion of their parents. In the development of many who realize that the belief that brought since childhood did not meet enough evidence to be regarded as facts, but a story that sounds so amazing that as if able to provide all the basic answers about the origin and purpose of life. Atheists in general are those who care about the truth and seek it by promoting objectivity, avoiding assumptions, and drawing the most logical conclusions. Thus they are able to analyze objectively how to the religion and the human imagination of God arise
Activity: 47
January 25, 2018, 01:11:45 PM
Atheists hate religion because such people have critical thinking. If you have critical thinking you can not believe in everything that other people or religious books tell you. You always ask yourself HOW it can be possible and try to analyze. I can nothing to do with that, for example.
legendary
January 23, 2018, 10:10:19 AM
I'm an Atheist and I can tell you that I have no hate against Religion. I just don't understand its point, but I respect everyone who believes in a God.

There two major points of most religions, for people in general:
1. A peaceful life here;
2. Some kind of after-life.

Atheism is more-or-less a religion of a pessimistic resignation to gradually increasing despair, and death. There is little or no hope in atheism.

Cool

EDIT: Vod is an example of someone stuck in the rut of desiring more and more pessimistic resignation to despair as a way to find hope.
legendary
January 23, 2018, 10:04:46 AM
Atheists don't hate religion. Atheists are not the ones that have killed people (in the most horrific ways) in the name of their beliefs. So please, check yourself.

Stalin didn't kill his 60 million for religious purposes.

Hitler didn't kill his 20 million for religious purposes... not really. He hated the Jews and others who were trying to take over Germany. So, he went for the world.

Temujin (Genghis Khan) didn't kill his 12 million for religion. He was very tolerant of other religions.

Certainly the Communist Chinese leaders who killed many millions didn't do it for religious reasons.

Most of those who did it for religious reasons didn't kill nearly as many as those who did it for selfish reasons. Besides, almost all religions call for peace. So, if someone does it in the name of some religion, he is lying.

Besides, when you look at the "structure" of atheism, you find out that it is a religion.

The point? Religion generally doesn't have much of anything to do with violence. Rather, it has to do with peace and non-violence.

The other point? Since atheists often use supposed religious violence as an excuse to be against any other religion than their own, it is the atheists who are trying to get rid of the peace that most of the other religions are promoting. How? What to replace other religions with? Probably the lack of order of their own non-organized religion, which only will lead to chaos, and more violence by people free to do anything that they want without direction. The chaotically violent religion of atheism.

Cool
Activity: 106
January 23, 2018, 09:14:59 AM
I'm an Atheist and I can tell you that I have no hate against Religion. I just don't understand its point, but I respect everyone who believes in a God.
Activity: 70
January 23, 2018, 08:39:59 AM
I think the atheist is a belief that does not believe that God exists. as I know that the atheist does not hate religion. Perhaps he is only concerned that atheist trust is the most correct. so it's as if the atheist hates religion. we must respect each other's differences

I couldn't agree more. I don't think atheists hate religion, they just don't see religion as others do. They think logically and believe what they do is right. We cannot tell that they are wrong because it is their belief. Religion is a form of believing so I think we should just respect each others beliefs.
Pages:
Jump to: