Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 64. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
December 03, 2017, 10:24:01 PM
Atheists are more fearful people in this world, they hate religion due to the fear of being living independently oppose to their own wishes, they never want to adopt the life which pave the path to live modestly in this world, All living beings are faithful to it's creator except the human kind
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
December 02, 2017, 10:33:32 AM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I have never seen any atheist who hates religion. What they do is mocking at all religions as they are sure believing in God people lie to themselves.
Activity: 25
December 01, 2017, 12:32:59 PM
I don't think Atheists hate religion but maybe they are jealous some people have a strong belief system in something, in this case religion.
Activity: 21
December 01, 2017, 10:34:21 AM
I'm an atheist, and I am rather gentle, I don't hate people.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
December 01, 2017, 10:27:15 AM
probably because they were conceptualized to church, had to pray before eating etc. and it made them really hate it. They do not understand that the religious purpose is not to worship God. The whole purpose of religion is to teach morals and ethics to man
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 01, 2017, 08:40:01 AM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I don't think that you truly hate religion. I think you just hate the hole idea of having one. The ideals and beliefs of any religion doesn't apply to your very own ideals and beliefs, and you think that it is not necessary, or even rubbish for that matter. But, hate is a powerful word to use in such topic. I respect what you believe in and that's what it takes for us to live in harmony. Respect with one another.
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
December 01, 2017, 04:10:08 AM
i think because they dont believe in god existence and religions they against it
Activity: 42
November 29, 2017, 09:49:56 PM
-Update-
My story

I was a kid raised up in a brahmin Hindu family, its one of those most 'pure' casts you could find in the Hindu society, offcourse every branch of the brahmin cast claims to be such but 'Chatterjee' or 'Chattopadhyay' s are the top ones - or so I ve been told.
So with that backdrop you can pretty much say that I had the most stringiest of religious teachings one could ever get.

Being a brahmin kid, traditionally you have to go through a ritual or a sort of rite of passage called 'poita' in bengali or Upanayana in sanskrit. This has to be done before the age of 15 and no earlier than the age of 7.

So I remember as the days went by my parents were beginning to talk more & more about this rite of passage how my father had to go bald and stay with a step mother (part of the ritual - no that mother has no relationship with the father of the pupil) and has to beg around and eat only boiled vegetables through out these days. Obviously this was getting kinda scary for me, I was already the odd fat kid in school and the thought of getting more attention because of a bald head was nerve wracking for me. Among all the discussions that my father and I had I remember him vaguely mentioning that only when I go through this ritual would I be called a purified soul reborn on earth worthy of going to heaven.

That got me thinking, it was a bewildering fact for me which I couldnt get my head around. I and only all the other brahmin kids had a free ticket to heaven while the rest are automatically considered unworthy ? What about my best friend who had a surname of Moitra ? What about that girl I had a crush on with a surname of Kundu, wait a second, "what about mom?" I asked my father.
I remember this distinctly as my father explained to me that girls dont have a caste, they belong to the man they marry and since my mother was married to him she will be worthy of going to heaven with him. But what if she married a muslim ?? Dont remember if I ever asked this back then but I certainly did have this thought from around the same time.

This did not sit well with me, I began questioning every aspect of 'Poita' my tantrums got so bad that my parents eventually considered to not force me to go through this ritual. However, my tantrums back then were fueled by the desire of eating chicken.

But this small victory of not getting the poita was a good enough spark in my mind to raise questions on all aspects of religion.
Then at the age of nine, I got the greatest gift I ever thought I could get in my life; Cable TV and with it the Discovery channel.

Hence began my journey into the world of science, off course we had physics / chemistry / maths in our schools but for the first time all of it actually meant something to me. I was fascinated by how gravity works. I was spellbound when I first saw an animated version of the milky way. I found out that there was a real person named Pythagoras. Basically cable TV was the fuel that my spark required to become a full fledged atheist.

.. and that is my story.
Everyone has their own story even i have mine,so lets hear some it is.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 29, 2017, 08:57:30 PM
I hate religion as much as I hate Santa Claus.

You just dismiss it as an outdated crutch.

Activity: 392
Merit: 113
November 29, 2017, 07:26:21 PM
Because they hate their very own existence. They dont only hate religion, they also hate those who have religion.  Smiley

On top of it, atheism is a religion. Simply compare it to any formal religion, and to the dictionary definition of religion.

Atheists can't get away from religion no matter how hard they try. Religion is built into their very nature. So they would rather destroy themselves that admit what they are... religious beings.

Cool
Lol! Ya. They cant run away from it it will haunt them all the time and wherever they go. It will not give them peace of mind because they will just be fighting their own selves. Their heart would be saying there is God and their mind will disagree with it so there will always be a battle in the inside of them.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 28, 2017, 08:22:20 PM
Because they hate their very own existence. They dont only hate religion, they also hate those who have religion.  Smiley

On top of it, atheism is a religion. Simply compare it to any formal religion, and to the dictionary definition of religion.

Atheists can't get away from religion no matter how hard they try. Religion is built into their very nature. So they would rather destroy themselves that admit what they are... religious beings.

Cool
Activity: 392
Merit: 113
November 28, 2017, 07:51:27 PM
Activity: 14
November 28, 2017, 02:08:13 PM
because in general people who hate religion is a person who had been disappointed by colleagues of his religion or the leaders of his religion. And no one is able to prove something that can change his heart.
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
November 28, 2017, 01:44:36 PM
I think the main reason for atheists to hate religion is because they do not believe in God, they do not believe in God's intervention in everything that happens in the world, that's why they hate religion
the cult of atheism in the world was quite popular and many people are involved in this, not even realizing that they do and what want. I think that atheism someone beneficial. that's only why and why it is not known.
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
November 28, 2017, 08:54:13 AM
Atheists have no interest in religion. It's not a lot different from having no interest in bowling or having no interest knitting. There's a specific part of the brain that determines if you have a 'spiritual' need. Those without this area of the brain never develop an interest in religion, or at best only a mild interest. The science behind this is compelling; anyone can look it up.

Even if this is true, atheists can force themselves to believe the things about God and salvation, and so be saved.

A person who loses an arm or a leg in life can still function. Life is simply more difficult.

People who lose the religion part of their brain can still believe God and be save. It is simply more difficult.

Smiley
part of body is different from spiritual belief you how did you say
"Atheist can force themselves to believe the things about God and salvation"
We have all the rights to choose our own wantings,so if that is possible for them
To be forced to believe in God just loke that
So its possible for you too to"FORCE YOU TO LEAVE YOU RELIGION AND CHANGE
MUSLIM Or ANY DIFFERENT SECTOR?

I am a born christian and will die as christian but i know how to respect
Other peoples choice,coz i believe that if Gods calling we cant refuse just
Like what he did to PAUL .
Activity: 517
Merit: 250
November 28, 2017, 08:42:42 AM
I think the main reason for atheists to hate religion is because they do not believe in God, they do not believe in God's intervention in everything that happens in the world, that's why they hate religion
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
November 24, 2017, 12:14:40 PM
Being not a religious person, I do not hate religion, but I try to avoid too religious people. They seem to me insane.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 20, 2017, 05:39:11 AM
I honestly think that Atheists do not hate religion. They just don't like and refuse to have one. I know 2 people who are Atheists as well, they are my friends and the nicest friends I have. We need to respect each others beliefs because at the end of the day, your beliefs do not justify how good or bad you are, it is your deeds.  
Activity: 38
November 20, 2017, 05:26:33 AM
I am not atheist but I am also not that religious but I hate religions because religion is the reason behind many wars today and in fact so called religious person only follow teachings which suit them or they just manipulate anything which suits them. Even the priests,  and teachers of other religions do the same and some teach hate for others. Religions also create too many superstitions, which in many cases harm humans
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
November 20, 2017, 02:39:49 AM
Maybe the world is very cruel and they are so tired on believing false hopes and logic behind religious beliefs especially on bible books.
Pages:
Jump to: