Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Christians hate Atheists? - page 6. (Read 7362 times)

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
February 16, 2016, 04:31:43 PM
This is completely the reason why to stop attempting to examine all the possibilities, and accept the truth that God exists. Once you accept the truth of the existence of God, you can move on to healing yourself through the various things that God provides... especially healing your mortality through the Jesus salvation provided by God.

Of course, the reason why people don't want to heal their morTality, is that it would include healing much of their morality. And people want death rather than to stop being immoral.

Cool

We are mortal.  Nothing to heal there.  It is a fact. People who die never come back.  We don't have a mechanism to revive dead cells, yet.
AI might offer immortality, once we completely understand how our brain works and can be transplanted to another host.

I hope you are not getting your morality from the Bible.  

Don't romanticize about bronze age.  Those there brutal, cruel times in human history.  You would be afraid, cold and hungry most of your life.
You would not want to live in those times, with Bible or without.

BTW, we are Gods to all the people who lived in the times of Jesus.  If you showed up with your smartphone, car or helicopter in the times when the bible was written, you'll be worshiped or killed.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 16, 2016, 04:30:57 PM
modern atheism works itself as a religion, they're programmed to fight each other

atheism is not a religious system..  it is even apart from any religious stuff.. dont give atheism a bad name..

From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion?s=t:
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun

1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.

4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:
to enter religion.

5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

7. religions, Archaic. religious rites:
painted priests performing religions deep into the night.

8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion:
a religion to one's vow.

1.-a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe- especially in stronger atheists, even though each atheist might have his/her own basic set
1.-involving devotional and ritual observances-like staying away from the beliefs of other religions
1.-often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs-atheists live by moral codes
2.-a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects-many atheists adhere to things like Big Bang Theory and Black Hole Theory, which has been proven to be self-contradictory - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhYsOQTfYEc - and they stick together in their beliefs
3.-the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices-many atheists stick together in their proclamation of theories, often theories that have been proven to be incorrect
5.-the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith-since many scientific theories that atheists adhere to as fact have never been proven, yet atheists and atheist groups ritually brainwash themselves into maintaining their belief in them as truth; these are religious beliefs that atheists hold to by faith, just like any other religion
6.-something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience-weak atheists might not have this, just like weak believers of other religions; strong atheists have this, just like strong believers of other religions
8.-Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion-many atheists hold to their ideas even when they have been proven wrong... not daring to even examine the proof lest their faith be weakened or even fail

By examining the above, it can be easily seen that atheism is a religion. Just like many other religions, atheism doesn't follow all the parts of the definition. But it follows a majority of them... just like many other religions. However, if atheism happens to NOT be a religion, it is so extremely close to a religion that many of its adherents and proponents are religiously atheistic people anyway.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 16, 2016, 04:17:59 PM

Of course, the reason why people don't want to heal their morTality, is that it would include healing much of their morality. And people want death rather than to stop being immoral.

Newsflash: Atheists are more moral than Christians

If you need examples, look up Norway, Sweden, etc... Do your own research since you won't take my word for it

Atheists do not need a God to command them not to kill, steal, etc... We understand the reason why these crimes are detrimental to society without God dictating such
Many Christians willingly admit... if they knew for sure God didn't exist... nothing would stop them from becoming a murdering rapist!

Take a look at prison statistics... how many Atheists are in prison vs Christians?

How many Atheists shoot up a Muslim mosque, abortion clinic or planned parenthood?

How many Atheists are in the KKK lynching niggers?

How many Atheists are in the WBC protesting soldier funerals, calling them fags?

How many Atheists have told you that God will torture you in hell for eternity because you didn't believe their fairy tale?
legendary
February 16, 2016, 03:36:57 PM
EDIT: Btw, your video is simply some joker talking about some things he seems to believe. No proof is offered for or against Darwinism.

You clearly did not watch the video... please stop pretending you did... I believe the bible says you are not supposed to lie, correct?

I never said it offered proof for or against Darwinism... I said he details exactly how Christians twist the words of Darwin to imply something that Darwin did not intend

I expect that everybody twists something sometime. What does that have to do with anything that we were discussing?

Proof for the existence of God is found in the 3 scientific laws:
1. cause and effect;
2. complex universe;
3. universal entropy.

If you can't figure out how it works, look at some of my previous posts where I explain it.

To recap, the existence of God is scientific law.

Smiley

This is completely the reason why to stop attempting to examine all the possibilities, and accept the truth that God exists. Once you accept the truth of the existence of God, you can move on to healing yourself through the various things that God provides... especially healing your mortality through the Jesus salvation provided by God.

Cool
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 16, 2016, 02:14:15 PM
modern atheism works itself as a religion, they're programmed to fight each other

atheism is not a religious system..  it is even apart from any religious stuff.. dont give atheism a bad name..
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 16, 2016, 12:05:41 PM

I don't think you should talk like that bud. He might just talk to the right person and get you smitten by lightning or something.

You know it's something that should exactly prove the existence of God.

I claim here and now: if God exists then he shall do something exceptionnal enough to make me have faith in him!

So? Did you get that 1 bitcoin that you've secretly asked for?
legendary
February 12, 2016, 01:59:05 PM

Cause and effect are not something that control Him. They are simply used by Him. He is outside of them.

Cool

And the proof of that is where?  I'm waiting...

Just show us mathematically or empirically (good luck with that one) that God is outside of the "cause and effect".

You are just pulling these assertions straight out of your ass, aren't you?

PS. Please don't say it is in the Bible...Or that some smart psychic told you.

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 16, 2016, 11:49:20 AM

I don't think you should talk like that bud. He might just talk to the right person and get you smitten by lightning or something.

You know it's something that should exactly prove the existence of God.

I claim here and now: if God exists then he shall do something exceptionnal enough to make me have faith in him!
February 16, 2016, 10:51:25 AM
He did repost those things for the n'teenth time. It must be true. I mean, he wouldn't repeat himself if it wasn't, would he?
naaaaaaaaaaah how could he?

The worst is that even the statements in themselves are not really true...

Activity: 476
Merit: 252
February 16, 2016, 10:49:35 AM
He did repost those things for the n'teenth time. It must be true. I mean, he wouldn't repeat himself if it wasn't, would he?
naaaaaaaaaaah how could he?

The worst is that even the statements in themselves are not really true...
February 16, 2016, 10:48:16 AM
1. cause and effect;
2. complex universe;
3. universal entropy.

Activity: 476
Merit: 252
February 16, 2016, 10:47:06 AM
EDIT: Btw, your video is simply some joker talking about some things he seems to believe. No proof is offered for or against Darwinism.

You clearly did not watch the video... please stop pretending you did... I believe the bible says you are not supposed to lie, correct?

I never said it offered proof for or against Darwinism... I said he details exactly how Christians twist the words of Darwin to imply something that Darwin did not intend

I expect that everybody twists something sometime. What does that have to do with anything that we were discussing?

1. cause and effect;
2. complex universe;
3. universal entropy.

If you can't figure out how it works, look at some of my previous posts where I explain it.

Smiley

Not sure the quote is true, but it suits well the moment.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
February 16, 2016, 10:30:44 AM

1. cause and effect;
2. complex universe;
3. universal entropy.

Smiley

It's not because you post it again and again that it's true...
legendary
February 12, 2016, 10:58:42 PM
1. cause and effect;
2. complex universe;
3. universal entropy.

No matter how many times you state this nonsense, it will never make it true

If you actually want to convince someone that you are correct, you must elaborate with supporting evidence, sources, examples, etc... otherwise you are simply a troll repeating bullshit that you pulled out of your ass

I don't particularly care that you are convinced of anything. It's a whole lot easier for me to not spend time explaining things. I did it for your benefit and for the benefit of others who read it.

Thanks for letting me know that you don't like the truth, at least in some ways.

Smiley
February 12, 2016, 08:40:44 PM
1. cause and effect;
2. complex universe;
3. universal entropy.

No matter how many times you state this nonsense, it will never make it true

If you actually want to convince someone that you are correct, you must elaborate with supporting evidence, sources, examples, etc... otherwise you are simply a troll repeating bullshit that you pulled out of your ass
legendary
February 12, 2016, 08:39:01 PM

1. cause and effect;
2. complex universe;
3. universal entropy.

Smiley
February 12, 2016, 08:34:00 PM

Specifically, Christians will quote:
To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree

But they always neglect to put the quote in context...
To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree. When it was first said that the sun stood still and the world turned round, the common sense of mankind declared the doctrine false; but the old saying of Vox populi, vox Dei, as every philosopher knows, cannot be trusted in science. Reason tells me, that if numerous gradations from a simple and imperfect eye to one complex and perfect can be shown to exist, each grade being useful to its possessor, as is certainly the case; if further, the eye ever varies and the variations be inherited, as is likewise certainly the case and if such variations should be useful to any animal under changing conditions of life, then the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory. How a nerve comes to be sensitive to light, hardly concerns us more than how life itself originated; but I may remark that, as some of the lowest organisms, in which nerves cannot be detected, are capable of perceiving light, it does not seem impossible that certain sensitive elements in their sarcode should become aggregated and developed into nerves, endowed with this special sensibility.
legendary
February 12, 2016, 05:15:12 AM
Some people suggest that neanderthals are simply very aged humans. Since our understanding of the age of the earth is really only theoretical, we don't really know when neanderthals walked the earth. Since evolution flow is entirely theoretical, there is really no clarity that we had a common ancestry with either neanderthals or chimpanzees. More than likely neanderthals were a form of early human before some of the genetics died out of people.

See http://www.jackcuozzo.com/.

Smiley

So much nonsense in your post that I don't even know were to begin.

Neanderthals were one of the human subspecies within the same genus (Homo) as Homo Sapiens.

What do you mean age of earth is theoretical?  You mean it is an estimation. The fact is that is is approx. 4.5 Billion years old.

Neanderthals became extinct about 30,000 years ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal

There is no evolution flow, I think you mean evolutionary tree.  It is not theoretical, it is backed by data and archaeological artifacts.

Neanderthals lived in small bands of 50-150 people who knew each other very well.  Homo Sapiens invented myths which helped to organize into larger bands.  Having common myth or God allowed for co-operation between strangers. Gods/Myths united strangers behind a common goal (to serve the same God for example) So their bands were larger, few thousand by some accounts.

Neanderthals were killed off by Sapiens.  They were no match to a large number of smart, small ape bands.  Some Neanderthals cross bread with Sapiens as the two subspecies met.  That is why some of us have more Neanderthal DNA and features than others. (This guy kinda looks like one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Valuev)

I suggest you think before you post.  This is not your church where you can spout any nonsense you like.

legendary
February 12, 2016, 08:25:35 PM

Or you could watch videos from people who actually understand what they are talking about...

For example, AronRa (Texas state director for American Atheists) posted this video just 9 hours ago... detailing exactly how Christians twist the words of Charles Darwin to suit their own agenda:
Correcting Darwin's Critics

Hey, man. The scientific laws of cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy aren't twisted by believers in God. They are twisted by the atheists.

If you bothered to watch the video you are responding to, you would see exactly what I am referring to... this is proven fact, not speculation like everything you post

Universal cause and effect throws Darwin right out the window. Why? Cause and effect allows no random. No random completely destroys Darwin, because the only way things can happen Darwin's way, is if there is randomness.

The only reason probability exists is to fill the gaps of human weakness. People can't measure everything. So, to help them with their measurements, they have developed a thing called probability. In reality, probability does not exist.

Everything that exists, exists precisely according to whatever causal laws and actions made them exist. This is standard science. The probability of quantum, and Darwinism, shows that both of them belong to a virtual world.

Both exist. They exist virtually, not in reality.

Smiley

February 12, 2016, 08:00:15 PM

Or you could watch videos from people who actually understand what they are talking about...

For example, AronRa (Texas state director for American Atheists) posted this video just 9 hours ago... detailing exactly how Christians twist the words of Charles Darwin to suit their own agenda:
Correcting Darwin's Critics

Hey, man. The scientific laws of cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy aren't twisted by believers in God. They are twisted by the atheists.

If you bothered to watch the video you are responding to, you would see exactly what I am referring to... this is proven fact, not speculation like everything you post
Pages:
Jump to: