Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Christians hate Atheists? - page 7. (Read 7362 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 12, 2016, 07:54:19 PM
Yes, it is kinda sad that the churches didn't explain the answers clearly. But would the atheists have accepted the answers if the Christians had them?

Now days you can Google search for Christian points on lots of scientific questions. One of the easiest places to go to see that atheism is wrong, scientifically, is to watch the Illustra videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/IllustraMedia.

Or you could watch videos from people who actually understand what they are talking about...

For example, AronRa (Texas state director for American Atheists) posted this video just 9 hours ago... detailing exactly how Christians twist the words of Charles Darwin to suit their own agenda:
Correcting Darwin's Critics

Hey, man. The scientific laws of cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy aren't twisted by believers in God. They are twisted by the atheists.

Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 12, 2016, 07:47:48 PM
Yes, it is kinda sad that the churches didn't explain the answers clearly. But would the atheists have accepted the answers if the Christians had them?

Now days you can Google search for Christian points on lots of scientific questions. One of the easiest places to go to see that atheism is wrong, scientifically, is to watch the Illustra videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/IllustraMedia.

Or you could watch videos from people who actually understand what they are talking about...

For example, AronRa (Texas state director for American Atheists) posted this video just 9 hours ago... detailing exactly how Christians twist the words of Charles Darwin to suit their own agenda:
Correcting Darwin's Critics

He also has a continuing series on Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Another fun series of his, Refuting the Irrefutable Proof of God, utterly annihilates the best 'proof of God' that Christians can think up...

If that ain't enough, he also does science education videos, like Intro to Photosynthesis and Organelles and Homeostasis
legendary
February 12, 2016, 07:39:04 PM
As an atheist from a christian school, i think it's because the perspective do not jive and both parties are sometimes judgmental to each. And if i ask christians they always answer it with blank reasons.

Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 12, 2016, 07:20:13 PM
As an atheist from a christian school, i think it's because the perspective do not jive and both parties are sometimes judgmental to each. And if i ask christians they always answer it with blank reasons.
legendary
February 12, 2016, 06:47:35 PM

Cause and effect are not something that control Him. They are simply used by Him. He is outside of them.

Cool

And the proof of that is where?  I'm waiting...

Just show us mathematically or empirically (good luck with that one) that God is outside of the "cause and effect".

You are just pulling these assertions straight out of your ass, aren't you?

PS. Please don't say it is in the Bible...Or that some smart psychic told you.

I explained it already. You ignored it. Why should I explain it again?

However, it isn't that important. Why not? Because nobody has the answer to where the Big Bang came from. Lots of ideas, maybe. Nothing except speculation. However, that's all that could exist regarding where the Big Bang came from. Because the Big Bang is simply some silly speculation in its entirety.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 12, 2016, 02:15:47 PM
Cause and effect are not something that control Him. They are simply used by Him. He is outside of them.

And the proof of that is where?  I'm waiting...

Just show us mathematically or empirically (good luck with that one) that God is outside of the "cause and effect".

You are just pulling these assertions straight out of your ass, aren't you?

PS. Please don't say it is in the Bible...Or that some smart psychic told you.

Too funny... I accused BADecker of pulling assertions, "straight out of his ass", within 2 minutes of your post (in another thread)

...This means that science proves that God exists. I don't prove that God exists. The scientific laws do.

Why don't you post a link to your source for science proving that God exists?

When I google, "theory of God", I see no such result... I only find articles contradicting your statement, like:
http://www.cnet.com/news/stephen-hawking-makes-it-clear-there-is-no-god/
Hawking now explained: "What I meant by 'we would know the mind of God' is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God. Which there isn't. I'm an atheist."

He added: "Religion believes in miracles, but these aren't compatible with science."

If that's the only way you do your research, you might as well forget it and go to bed or something.

I didn't expect a religitard like you to actually post a link to a source... probably because no source would/could ever back up your claim that science has proven God exists...

If you cannot provide a source, the obvious conclusion is that you pulled the claim straight out of your ass

How do you do your research if not via Google?  I'm curious now... what am I doing wrong?

Somehow I only seem to find articles that agree with consensus reality, not your fantasy land claims
legendary
February 12, 2016, 12:54:52 PM
Or take a car for example. The car is complex. But the people who made it are way more complex.

There are so extremely many of examples of less complexity coming from greater complexity, and no examples of greater complexity coming from lesser complexity, that this is a law of the universe... at least until someone proves it wrong. They need to start by finding even one example.

That is why paying attention in biology class pays off.

I have two questions for you:

Do you know we are mammals? yes or no, please?

Do you know that we have a common ancestor with chimpanzees? yes or no, please?

I'm assuming you acknowledge the evolution since you are claiming God programmed it.

If you accept that live evolves from simpler live forms, you accept that life becomes more complex over time.

These are not necessarily yes or no questions.

We are considered mammalian by many.

Nobody has scientific proof that we have common ancestry with chimpanzees.

Life changes in some ways. The definition of evolve or evolution has only been assumed so far, but has not been given.

Smiley

You mean apart from genetics and physical caracteristics?

Well what do you want as proofs. We've got all the evidence you need you just have to ask!

The evidence can be interpreted in other ways. Because of this, it is not really evidence.

Smiley

LOL!

Ok how do you interprete the fact that we got all those similarities with Chimpanze?

When you look at the fossil record, there are even more, that are extinct today. Yet none of them is a crossover. Each of them are distinct in their DNA, with no DNA showing both of them. In fact, when you try adding DNA from one group to another, the added DNA is gradually "weeded out" of their system in their descendents. This is another great evidence for the fact that God made all the various kinds of plants and animals to be their own distinct species.

Smiley

Wtf are you even talking about?

That's totally wrong! DNA is deeply shared between species! We even have 45% of DNA of common with a banana ><

You have missed some of what we have been saying cross-thread. Sameness in DNA is more like 97%. But the parts that distinctly determine a species, never cross over to another species.

However, this talk about DNA is going away from much of what we were originally talking about... that it is frustration with atheist stupidity that Christians mostly have. It only looks like hate.

Smiley

Yeah frustration of atheist even if YOU'RE the one talking about it in the first place...

And that's dumb of saying that what is nto common... Is not common....

That's obvious! The parts of DNA that are unique of one specie are... Unique for one specie!

Here is your logical fallacy: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature

Hey, thanks man. I am not going to look up your site, because I don't really want to get into an argument about DNA and such.

Smiley

This website is not about DNA but about all the logical falacies that your explanations contain... You should look it up...

The thing that I am right about is that science proves that God exists, through cause and effect, combined with a complex universe, combined with universal entropy.

Smiley

It would be true, if you wouldn't be completely wrong about entropy cause you absolutely don't understand what is entropy, and if you were not wrong with cause and consequences too!

Okay. You don't like the fact that entropy is the gradual dispersing and diffusing of the complexity in the universe, into simplicity. I can understand that you don't like it.

Cool
legendary
February 12, 2016, 12:52:14 PM
Some people suggest that neanderthals are simply very aged humans. Since our understanding of the age of the earth is really only theoretical, we don't really know when neanderthals walked the earth. Since evolution flow is entirely theoretical, there is really no clarity that we had a common ancestry with either neanderthals or chimpanzees. More than likely neanderthals were a form of early human before some of the genetics died out of people.

See http://www.jackcuozzo.com/.

Smiley

So much nonsense in your post that I don't even know were to begin.

Neanderthals were one of the human subspecies within the same genus (Homo) as Homo Sapiens.

What do you mean age of earth is theoretical?  You mean it is an estimation. The fact is that is is approx. 4.5 Billion years old.

Neanderthals became extinct about 30,000 years ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal

There is no evolution flow, I think you mean evolutionary tree.  It is not theoretical, it is backed by data and archaeological artifacts.

Neanderthals lived in small bands of 50-150 people who knew each other very well.  Homo Sapiens invented myths which helped to organize into larger bands.  Having common myth or God allowed for co-operation between strangers. Gods/Myths united strangers behind a common goal (to serve the same God for example) So their bands were larger, few thousand by some accounts.

Neanderthals were killed off by Sapiens.  They were no match to a large number of smart, small ape bands.  Some Neanderthals cross bread with Sapiens as the two subspecies met.  That is why some of us have more Neanderthal DNA and features than others. (This guy kinda looks like one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Valuev)

I suggest you think before you post.  This is not your church where you can spout any nonsense you like.

You are wrong about evolution. The fact of universal cause and effect shows that everything is pre-programmed by Something. This changes how you and science generally understand evolution entirely.

Cool

And what is the cause of God then? Go to the end of your reasonning!

When you build a garage, you aren't in the blueprint of the thing.

God built the universe. He isn't in the blueprint.

Cool
legendary
February 12, 2016, 12:49:31 PM

When you look at the fossil record, there are even more, that are extinct today. Yet none of them is a crossover. Each of them are distinct in their DNA, with no DNA showing both of them. In fact, when you try adding DNA from one group to another, the added DNA is gradually "weeded out" of their system in their descendents. This is another great evidence for the fact that God made all the various kinds of plants and animals to be their own distinct species.

Smiley

We carry between 3-6% of Neanderthal DNA.  Case closed.

If you really interested in learning about human history,  I strongly recommend this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Sapiens-Humankind-Yuval-Noah-Harari/dp/0062316095/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Well, this isn't entirely correct. First of all, all life on earth has about 97% of the same DNA just to be alive. Perhaps we have 3-6% of the remainder that we match Neanderthals in. But probably it is only 3-6% of the remainder that we are different in. In other words, we are virtually very like neanderthals.

Some people suggest that neanderthals are simply very aged humans. Since our understanding of the age of the earth is really only theoretical, we don't really know when neanderthals walked the earth. Since evolution flow is entirely theoretical, there is really no clarity that we had a common ancestry with either neanderthals or chimpanzees. More than likely neanderthals were a form of early human before some of the genetics died out of people.

Smiley

Oh so carbon datation is also theoritical now?

Funny how everything proving you wrong becomes a theory and is not proven while the entire scientific community considers it proven ^^

Carbon dating is a fact. The results from using it are inconclusive. You can see this by how many times it is wrong... way off by miles and thousands of years in some cases.

If you want to believe as truth, something that has been proven incorrect time after time, you have yourself a neat little religion going there, and your faith in it is almost as strong as your ignorance about it.

Cool
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 12, 2016, 06:51:39 AM

Smiley

We carry between 3-6% of Neanderthal DNA.  Case closed.

If you really interested in learning about human history,  I strongly recommend this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Sapiens-Humankind-Yuval-Noah-Harari/dp/0062316095/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Well, this isn't entirely correct. First of all, all life on earth has about 97% of the same DNA just to be alive. Perhaps we have 3-6% of the remainder that we match Neanderthals in. But probably it is only 3-6% of the remainder that we are different in. In other words, we are virtually very like neanderthals.

Smiley

Oh so carbon datation is also theoritical now?

Funny how everything proving you wrong becomes a theory and is not proven while the entire scientific community considers it proven ^^
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
February 12, 2016, 06:14:14 AM

Smiley

Neanderthals were one of the human subspecies within the same genus (Homo) as Homo Sapiens.

What do you mean age of earth is theoretical?  You mean it is an estimation. The fact is that is is approx. 4.5 Billion years old.

There is no evolution flow, I think you mean evolutionary tree.  It is not theoretical, it is backed by data and archaeological artifacts.

Neanderthals lived in small bands of 50-150 people who knew each other very well.  Homo Sapiens invented myths which helped to organize into larger bands.  Having common myth or God allowed for co-operation between strangers. Gods/Myths united strangers behind a common goal (to serve the same God for example) So their bands were larger, few thousand by some accounts.

Neanderthals were killed off by Sapiens.  They were no match to a large number of smart, small ape bands.  Some Neanderthals cross bread with Sapiens as the two subspecies met.  That is why some of us have more Neanderthal DNA and features than others. (This guy kinda looks like one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Valuev)

I suggest you think before you post.  This is not your church where you can spout any nonsense you like.

You are wrong about evolution. The fact of universal cause and effect shows that everything is pre-programmed by Something. This changes how you and science generally understand evolution entirely.

Cool

And what is the cause of God then? Go to the end of your reasonning!
February 12, 2016, 06:13:34 AM
Or take a car for example. The car is complex. But the people who made it are way more complex.

There are so extremely many of examples of less complexity coming from greater complexity, and no examples of greater complexity coming from lesser complexity, that this is a law of the universe... at least until someone proves it wrong. They need to start by finding even one example.

I'm assuming you acknowledge the evolution since you are claiming God programmed it.

If you accept that live evolves from simpler live forms, you accept that life becomes more complex over time.

Life changes in some ways. The definition of evolve or evolution has only been assumed so far, but has not been given.

Smiley

Well what do you want as proofs. We've got all the evidence you need you just have to ask!

The evidence can be interpreted in other ways. Because of this, it is not really evidence.

Smiley

LOL!

Ok how do you interprete the fact that we got all those similarities with Chimpanze?

Smiley

That's totally wrong! DNA is deeply shared between species! We even have 45% of DNA of common with a banana ><

You have missed some of what we have been saying cross-thread. Sameness in DNA is more like 97%. But the parts that distinctly determine a species, never cross over to another species.

However, this talk about DNA is going away from much of what we were originally talking about... that it is frustration with atheist stupidity that Christians mostly have. It only looks like hate.

Smiley

Yeah frustration of atheist even if YOU'RE the one talking about it in the first place...

That's obvious! The parts of DNA that are unique of one specie are... Unique for one specie!

Hey, thanks man. I am not going to look up your site, because I don't really want to get into an argument about DNA and such.

Smiley

This website is not about DNA but about all the logical falacies that your explanations contain... You should look it up...

The thing that I am right about is that science proves that God exists, through cause and effect, combined with a complex universe, combined with universal entropy.

Smiley

It would be true, if you wouldn't be completely wrong about entropy cause you absolutely don't understand what is entropy, and if you were not wrong with cause and consequences too!
legendary
February 12, 2016, 05:30:41 AM

Smiley

Smiley

LOL!

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley
legendary
February 12, 2016, 05:28:40 AM

Smiley

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
February 11, 2016, 10:43:17 AM

Smiley

Smiley

How else can you interpret 98.8 percent?

http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/permanent-exhibitions/human-origins-and-cultural-halls/anne-and-bernard-spitzer-hall-of-human-origins/understanding-our-past/dna-comparing-humans-and-chimps
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
February 11, 2016, 10:40:04 AM
Maybe if they'll print it in the Bible. That would make him believe it. It would be the ultimate proof for him.

Problem is that they cannot reconcile evolution with Bible because according to it, God created man in his own image.

Well, if we share common ancestor with chimpanzees than that ancestor must have been God.  And he is the one who created universe.
Straight out of Africa :-) Even that will not make sense, because they say God created, not descended.  But then again what can you expect
from bronze age God.

Those Christians who accept evolution are not really Christians, more like Pantheists, they are on the road to Atheism.

I was brought up in Roman Catholic religion, never payed attention to religion dogma, just went along for the sake of family and friends.
I suspect most religious people follow religion for similar reasons. 

What really opened my eyes was not the Bible but Quran.  Because of the problems in Middle East, I started reading Quran just out of curiosity.
What a bunch of poetic nonsense? Then I turned to Bible.  It was worse, especially the Old Testament.

How can religious people follow this nonsense?  Fear.  Fear of being rejected by their family and friends.  For those super delusional, fear of going to hell,
fear of not going to heaven etc.  Emotional center of their brain is shutting down the logical part.  It is a survival instinct.  We avoid what we perceive to be a dangerous situation.  That mechanism helped us be who we are today:  Home Sapiens. The great African Ape that rules the world.

Problem is that they cannot reconcile the Bible with the Bible. There are so many contradictions in there I don't even know where to start.

You can start here Grin
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html

Yeah, it was rhetorical. But I'm sure our religious friends will ignore the link whatsoever. Because it might just prove them wrong.

Most people would stop at the creation story:

Day 1: Sky, Earth, light (worked in the dark for most of day 1, Earth before stars? I guess because Earth was the center of the universe :-))
Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky(just like that, no atmosphere)
Day 3: Plants (they are special one's, they don't need Sun light)
Day 4: Sun, Moon, stars (as calendar and navigational aids)  (finally the Sun and other stars, poor plants, they had to wait)
Day 5: Sea monsters (whales), fish, birds, land animals, creepy-crawlies (reptiles, insects, etc.) (skipped bacteria and single cell organisms, I guess no microscopes were available in bronze age, so God did not know they existed)
Day 6: Humans (apparently both sexes at the same time, why not, you need sex, more on that in the rest of the book)
Day 7: Nothing (the Gods took the first day off and has been silent ever since)
February 12, 2016, 05:10:52 AM

Smiley

Smiley

LOL!

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

legendary
February 12, 2016, 05:07:58 AM

Smiley

Smiley

LOL!

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
February 12, 2016, 04:45:27 AM

Smiley

Smiley

LOL!

Smiley

Smiley

legendary
February 12, 2016, 04:25:50 AM

Smiley

Smiley

LOL!

Smiley

Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: