Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 138. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 191
Merit: 100
October 19, 2014, 10:47:15 PM
We don't agree to pay taxes. We pay them because we would go to jail if we didn't.

And we have to pay taxes because the majority of voters are ignorant and just keep asking for more government intervention.
I would disagree with this. The government provides a certain amount of services to it's citizens and as a result citizens need to pay for these services via taxes. If you do not pay taxes then you are essentially stealing. It is not a perfect system however it is generally what is used throughout the world.

so the government sells you services at the point of a gun, is that how it works?
its not like you can refuse to buy the services.
The services that are provided by the government are necessary for society to continue in a civilized manner. Without the services the government provides there would be ciaos and it would generally be unsafe for citizens

Nope. Chaos is not equal to anarchy. We are effectively in a state of chaos now, where if you're in government, you can murder and otherwise violate the rights of whoever you want under color of law, and not legitimately fear any real consequences (civil judgements come out of taxpayers' pockets, not perpetrators).
If a police officer for example kills an innocent civilian and is acting recklessly then he could be both criminally liable and civilly liable for this action. I would disagree with your statement that people can be killed and rights violated under "the color of the law" especially without any examples.....can you please provide one (or two)
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
October 19, 2014, 10:44:04 PM
We don't agree to pay taxes. We pay them because we would go to jail if we didn't.

And we have to pay taxes because the majority of voters are ignorant and just keep asking for more government intervention.
I would disagree with this. The government provides a certain amount of services to it's citizens and as a result citizens need to pay for these services via taxes. If you do not pay taxes then you are essentially stealing. It is not a perfect system however it is generally what is used throughout the world.

so the government sells you services at the point of a gun, is that how it works?
The services that are provided by the government are necessary for society to continue in a civilized manner. Without the services the government provides there would be ciaos and it would generally be unsafe for citizens

Nope. Chaos is not equal to anarchy. We are effectively in a state of chaos now, where if you're in government, you can murder and otherwise violate the rights of whoever you want under color of law, and not legitimately fear any real consequences (civil judgements come out of taxpayers' pockets, not perpetrators).
Activity: 191
October 19, 2014, 08:48:29 PM

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1102
October 19, 2014, 04:48:22 PM
I dont want to pay taxes but do I have a choice?
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
October 19, 2014, 03:44:29 PM
Robert Paulson, stop whining and revolt already.  You have nothing to lose but your chains!

We're waiting...

~Your Beneficent Reptilian Overlords.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
October 19, 2014, 03:04:40 PM

Activity: 183
October 19, 2014, 01:29:15 PM

Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Knowledge its everything
October 19, 2014, 08:03:19 AM
Who agree to pay taxes  Tongue
They pay taxes because they don't want get to jail

Maybe government give you services, but you don't know what did they do with your money
In the end, all people still pay taxes
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047
October 18, 2014, 10:46:40 AM

October 18, 2014, 06:02:08 AM
As a side note... It's not that I support what my government does with the taxes they collect from me. I think most of it gets wasted at best. But that is a different problem than taxes themselves. Whether you feel free or not, these are the safest times in all of human history. Never have you been able to think that you might live to be 70. My friends in Washington state can smoke weed, carry a gun, curse any god, have sex with who they want, etc. That is basically unheard of in history.

and its all possible because we always said we could do better and get more freedom.
if the thirteen American colonies just accepted the fact they have to pay taxes to the British king none of this would come to be.
and today is no different, we can do better, we can get rid of the government completely and achieve a level of freedom unseen since the dawn of civilization.

bitcoin decentralizes money, we must also decentralize military power.
and with that centuries of institutionalized robbery called taxation will end.

Are you crazy? It is very possible to attack bitcoin in a number of ways. Bitcoin is not attacked because it would not make economic sense to do so.

When countries use their military, the economics are not taken into consideration as much as the loser of a military conflict generally will no longer exist as an independent state. This would mean that someone could attack "miliartycoin" in the same ways that bitcoin can be attacked however the attacker would not care about the economics of such attack

the attacker might not care about the economics of his war but his soldiers do.
no one is going to fight for free and a minority military power attacking the honest majority will always run out of money first.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
October 17, 2014, 11:39:07 PM
If you don't want to pay taxes, you can always renounce your citizenship and move out.  Smiley

I'm not American, but I thought that Americans have to pay taxes even if they're not living there. I could be wrong though, it was something I heard once I think.

When you renounce your citizenship, you are no longer American.  Grin
Also when you rescind your citizenship.
Activity: 675
Merit: 500
October 17, 2014, 11:34:12 PM
If you don't want to pay taxes, you can always renounce your citizenship and move out.  Smiley

I'm not American, but I thought that Americans have to pay taxes even if they're not living there. I could be wrong though, it was something I heard once I think.

When you renounce your citizenship, you are no longer American.  Grin
Activity: 686
October 17, 2014, 07:38:18 PM
As a side note... It's not that I support what my government does with the taxes they collect from me. I think most of it gets wasted at best. But that is a different problem than taxes themselves. Whether you feel free or not, these are the safest times in all of human history. Never have you been able to think that you might live to be 70. My friends in Washington state can smoke weed, carry a gun, curse any god, have sex with who they want, etc. That is basically unheard of in history.

and its all possible because we always said we could do better and get more freedom.
if the thirteen American colonies just accepted the fact they have to pay taxes to the British king none of this would come to be.
and today is no different, we can do better, we can get rid of the government completely and achieve a level of freedom unseen since the dawn of civilization.

bitcoin decentralizes money, we must also decentralize military power.
and with that centuries of institutionalized robbery called taxation will end.

Are you crazy? It is very possible to attack bitcoin in a number of ways. Bitcoin is not attacked because it would not make economic sense to do so.

When countries use their military, the economics are not taken into consideration as much as the loser of a military conflict generally will no longer exist as an independent state. This would mean that someone could attack "miliartycoin" in the same ways that bitcoin can be attacked however the attacker would not care about the economics of such attack
October 17, 2014, 05:55:00 PM

And pay another fucking tax http://news.yahoo.com/renouncing-u-s--citizenship-is-about-to-get-a-lot-more-expensive-150405883.html

when more slaves will try to leave that tax is going to get alot higher.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
October 17, 2014, 04:49:25 PM

And pay another fucking tax http://news.yahoo.com/renouncing-u-s--citizenship-is-about-to-get-a-lot-more-expensive-150405883.html
Activity: 369
October 17, 2014, 12:46:41 PM

Activity: 675
October 17, 2014, 12:43:25 PM
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 17, 2014, 02:26:21 AM
What you described happennd again and again in history Cheesy
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
October 17, 2014, 01:39:41 AM
States uses violence to force you to... that simple
Activity: 280
October 17, 2014, 12:50:49 AM
tax on the principle of the people, by the people and for the people, the tax should be used for the greatest benefit of the people, taxes are usually used for the construction of roads, government buildings, public facilities, etc., sometimes there is a single person who embezzles tax taxes from big companies who do not want to pay taxes ... hopefully the funds provided to pay taxes is not the case of fraud and embezzlement ...  Cool
Jump to: