Pages:
Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 67. (Read 50995 times)

STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
Catalog Websites
March 12, 2018, 03:45:11 PM
actually I do not agree to pay taxes because I see many corrupt officials in my country, I do not want the money that I pay for the state tax used them for their own benefit

I guess this depends on the country, it sounds an unfortunate situation but in my country the taxman can command the army in collection of taxes.  They dont need a search warrant, nothing they just walk in and take everything.   Every other part of the law requires due process but the tax man he serves only the government.   I hope you live in a democratic country so you have some recourse but some of the most harsh laws are in favour of tax because they give government money to run.

I always mention Irwin Schiff because he should never be forgotten.   He died chained to a hospital bed while suffering late term cancer and blindness in one eye.   His crime was to write a book which USA government banned throughout the land.   One of two books to ever be banned from sale in every state of the USA.   The book was about how Federal taxes are illegal, about a century ago USA started income taxes and the Federal reserve.  90% of the dollar value has been lost since then and they are over 20 trillion in debt and its looking worse unfortunately.

These things are relevant to crypto because dollar decline is inverse to BTC and crypto overall.    Forget the tax, I suggest pay it but inflation also is a tax and you cannot avoid this except through alot of effort and perhaps crypto use Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
March 12, 2018, 03:34:05 PM
Because with we pay taxes, then we also contribute in building the country, because the tax money will go to the state finances as well. So it would not hurt us to agree to pay the taxes that have been set by the government.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
March 12, 2018, 02:46:25 PM
Taxes build the country, aides the government to provide services for people. It serves as maintenance and improvement fund. It is for government institutions providing free services like schools, hospitals and even roads. It benefits all including the taxpayer himself.
Armed men refusing to pay will surely be counted as terrorists violating security so pretty sure authority will do its thing. Militaty and police departments are funded by taxes as well you know.
I think it is normal for countries to get tax, but I find the governments especially taxing high. For the construction of bridges and roads, the state does not need taxes, every state has economic and political gains, and there is no need to get taxes from the people.
Activity: 111
Merit: 1
March 12, 2018, 11:13:23 AM
Eventually taxes are helpful to improve the economy of ones country, This is good to hear if bitcoin will legalized, apparently taxes will be implemented, and this is wonderful movement to recognized cryptocurrency and promote bitcoin to be globally accepted, This things are for our common good,   Smiley
Activity: 103
Merit: 0
March 12, 2018, 11:11:51 AM
actually I do not agree to pay taxes because I see many corrupt officials in my country, I do not want the money that I pay for the state tax used them for their own benefit
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Bystander that oversees everything that's happeng
March 12, 2018, 10:27:17 AM
a bunch or a group of free people no matter what bond they had they will never be one. That is why in mankind history there is always a king or a leader. the tax is used to built facilities, this is the circulating blood of government. we pay them to work. though corruption breaks it all, including people's trust
Activity: 696
Merit: 100
March 12, 2018, 10:00:57 AM
Tax is beneficial to the country that is why there is tax but I think not all people agree to pay taxes but it is mandatory by the government thats why people need to pay anyway.
Activity: 74
March 12, 2018, 09:39:48 AM
Although I'm not really a full fledged law-abiding and patriotic flag holder of my country, paying taxes is part of living in a country governed by a system (which is basically all countries regardless of form of government) that's how society works. An authoritarian entity is in charge of regulating laws and governing a nation and in exchange we pay taxes which would be used to maintain and/or improve the country we live in. Some may even say that paying taxes is a service for your country.

What you're talking about (refusing to follow regulations and taking up arms against the government) is anarchy which would just lead to more disorder. Without any form of a ruling body maintaining order and overseeing, people would just be running around and doing anything and everything they want.

A ruling body governing over a large group of people is not necessarily fascist in nature and the absence of a government or authority does not necessarily mean peace and freedom.
Activity: 196
March 12, 2018, 07:04:17 AM
I pay taxes because I think that we pay taxes for the construction of a country's infrastructure. And it will benefit everyone. So basically we pay taxes for ourselves.

I agree paying taxes is our duty for our country. Our taxes will be go through the government to have a fund for the future of our country.
Activity: 86
March 12, 2018, 07:03:14 AM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

Well, whether the people agree or not, doesn't matter. The government has a sovereignty which includes imposition of tax. Taxes are the lifeblood of a country. It is very crucial in perpetually responding to the people's needs like infrastructure, health facilities, educational programs, etc. In the end, it all comes back to the people. So, it is just and right to pay taxes.
Activity: 52
March 12, 2018, 06:55:13 AM
I pay taxes because I think that we pay taxes for the construction of a country's infrastructure. And it will benefit everyone. So basically we pay taxes for ourselves.
Activity: 182
March 12, 2018, 06:26:47 AM
in fact all the people who pay taxes to the government are feeling depressed, but what can make that the tax has been set by the government in the law, sometimes the taxes collected by the government in the wrong use of government rats (the corrupt) that the tax-abiding society for the sake of the country's progress but the tax is in the wrong to enrich the dirty officials.
Activity: 32
March 12, 2018, 06:16:06 AM
we are ruled by the gov, I don't see other way to face it than paying them.
Activity: 401
Merit: 100
March 12, 2018, 06:14:27 AM
It's violence agencies in Government to force you to do

But we should think of it, if we don't pay taxes who will rune the cities, who will run the states. So even though the government do not force you to pay taxes we should still pay those people who serve us and volunteer to work just to give you a better place to live.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
March 12, 2018, 06:10:08 AM
I don't agree to pay tax for my hard earned money.I have one question for the government,why you are collecting tax with out doing anything to the people.I am unemployee and depend on this crypto pay .Why should I have to pay tax to the government for my bitcoin.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
March 12, 2018, 05:29:45 AM
Why do people agree to pay taxes? It is because people want to have services from the government, health services from everyone, peaceful place because of the good service of the police officials, a clean and nice places like park and street. And the most is the fund that helps people to create their the country much better. I think some people don’t want to pay taxes because they think ALL in the government is corrupt. And not satisfied in the project of the government.
Activity: 182
March 12, 2018, 03:09:42 AM
Theoretically I pay taxes because government can offer to me some services (like health, law enforcement ecc.). But, with the economic crisis, we pay taxes to pay state debts  Roll Eyes
Paying taxes is just and good for those who knows and feel the benefit it brings to all the citizens of the nation. But for those who did not know or maybe they know the purpose of taxes but did not feel its benefit because of corruption of selfish workers in the government, they will not like paying it. Its just it.
Activity: 127
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
March 12, 2018, 03:00:56 AM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.
Some people agree to pay tax for the development of their country. So if person have work they instantly pay their taxes, so everybody be responsible to pay tax.
Activity: 224
March 12, 2018, 12:28:17 AM
Taxation is the right and responsibility of every citizen to invest and do business. Taxation will help business and commercial issues be guaranteed by the government by means of certifications, business forms, and organizations. Our responsibility is to pay taxes to maintain that management.
Activity: 406
Merit: 117
March 12, 2018, 12:17:27 AM
I agree, and we are appreciative to pay tax because this is the only method we can support those who are in needs particularly those indigent people. It's a regulation that we should pay for all that’s went to the government fund to have the cash for enhancement of the state. Construction of public schools for students and to our children, hospitals to be nearby in province area, street construction and payment for administration staffs. if we do not pay taxes, we will get a penalty from the government, and we can’t do anything if the government ban the bitcoin because we don’t want to spend the income
Pages:
Jump to: