Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people believe in religion? - page 12. (Read 19593 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
April 01, 2017, 01:47:30 PM
Well it seems that historically, religion tends to provide answers to questions that we don't yet have scientific answers to. This stems from mankind's fear of the unknown, such as what will happen when we die.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
April 01, 2017, 12:03:26 PM
religion is a belief. when we have a stronger sense of confidence, we will always abide by all the rules and stay away from all prohibitions.
This is human nature are born in this world. This world was created by God.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 01, 2017, 10:39:31 AM

No god = no judgement = nothing to worry about.

Me = Winner!!!!

Yes, God = Detailed judgement = Don't worry >>> instead change.

You = wiener!!!!

Cool

Still waiting for you to prove your god's existence.

You keep talking about him/her/it..... well have them post a selfie.

They can't so your words are only false statements.

What? You won't admit that you understand that God exists from my proofs? Hey, I have this and that to do...

Cool

This and that is a much better outcome than preaching about a fairy tale sky person.

Well done!

I agree. Absolutely don't preach about any fairy tale people in the sky. Instead, teach the Gospel of the salvation that God has for all of us, if only we will accept it.

Finally you are starting to wake up.

Cool

I did wake up....... now it is your turn.

Now that you know God exists (you said you did wake up), Study about Him and His salvation in the Bible so that you can be saved.

Cool

I woke up and seen that christianity is full of shit. Your turn to do so.

What are you afraid of?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 01, 2017, 10:23:23 AM

Me = Winner!!!!

You = wiener!!!!

Cool

What? You won't admit that you understand that God exists from my proofs? Hey, I have this and that to do...

Cool

This and that is a much better outcome than preaching about a fairy tale sky person.

Well done!

I agree. Absolutely don't preach about any fairy tale people in the sky. Instead, teach the Gospel of the salvation that God has for all of us, if only we will accept it.

Cool

Now that you know God exists (you said you did wake up), Study about Him and His salvation in the Bible so that you can be saved.

Cool
April 01, 2017, 09:52:13 AM

Me = Winner!!!!

You = wiener!!!!

Cool

Cool

Well done!

Cool

legendary
April 01, 2017, 09:26:26 AM

Me = Winner!!!!

You = wiener!!!!

Cool

Cool

Well done!

Cool
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
April 01, 2017, 08:08:38 AM
The big part of this answer is, because people don't know the future at all, even one second into the future.

The earth is reasonably stable. Is seems that this and that will happen. But we don't know for sure. If we did, we would always be able to avoid things like car crashes, Fukushima, train and plane crashes, and almost everything else that goes wrong and harms a person. People, therefore, look for something to give them peace. It's religion.

Cool

Yes. People want to realize their dreams with religion. People love to believe in dreams. Religions offer people eternal paradise. People go after a paradise instead of researching about immortality. Things that were unknown in the past were much more. Now, with science, humanity knows more. We can now explain many things that were not explained in the past. We explain nature events through science. The gods do not punish us for nature events. But even if it is so known, people prefer to follow a dream.

But the real problem is that people are not interested in science. They do not follow scientific developments. The whole problem is that people do not develop themselves.

Science hasn't been able to stop things like "car crashes, Fukushima, train and plane crashes." Nor has science been able to accurately predict the future. In fact, it is partly due to science that things like car crashes, Fukushima, train and plane crashes, happen. If we didn't have science, we wouldn't have these, and we wouldn't have the accidents they cause.

Cool

Accident rates have started to decline thanks to scientific developments. We can design the means of transportation more securely. We can predict the nature events in advance. And we take our precautions according to our estimates.
Today, unmanned airplanes and cars are being designed. With the developments in artificial intelligence, human life will become better quality.
April 01, 2017, 03:32:01 AM

Me = Winner!!!!

You = wiener!!!!

Cool

Cool

Well done!
Activity: 266
Yueno
April 01, 2017, 12:38:43 AM
It is because of God. You know they believe the people that this world is created by a God. Its either Allah or Jesus Christ.  They also believe that there is a heaven and the hell in which two option of bad and good people when they are die.  So therefore do good be good so that you will go to heaven.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
April 01, 2017, 12:21:29 AM
Im religious person and my religion is christian . I still belive in my religion because I see in the bible god creates all even in this esrth everything you see. Many people are not believe in religion because they not know what happen if we die. And I believe heaven is true and also the hell. I accept god to my mind and my heart and he is my saviour .
Activity: 265
April 01, 2017, 12:09:48 AM

Me = Winner!!!!

You = wiener!!!!

Cool

Cool
The main thing that a person believed himself and in your case you believe, and those who refuse or do not understand, let them themselves are saved. How to deal with a drowning man, if he pulls everyone to the bottom? We need to cut it down.
legendary
March 31, 2017, 09:43:01 PM

Me = Winner!!!!

You = wiener!!!!

Cool

Cool
March 31, 2017, 08:45:55 PM

Me = Winner!!!!

You = wiener!!!!

Cool

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
March 28, 2017, 12:35:46 PM
There are many unconscious reasons people believe in religious faiths. While many people find comfort and joy in their religious practices because of their moral teachings there are other reasons they're drawn to their faith as well. For many people faith was a part of their upbringing and they want to continue their families traditions. Faith plays an important role in our culture and reason has been part of the human race from time immemorial and it will continue to be part of us.

I agree that for the many people religion is just ritual, part of culture or tradition etc.
Still, it's not only answer why so many people follow religion and believe in God.
Many people can't find purpose in their life. They feel that is some highest truth and purpose out there.
Other people, like Einstein, through science understood that must be creator, God, who created all this miracles and whole universe.
Some people had spiritual revelations and talked with God.
There are no simple answer why so many people believe in God and religion.

The answer is simple.  A lot of people are gullible, uneducated or just plain stupid.

The rest is just 'going with the flow' for family, culture and tradition sake.

Most religious wackos do not really believe that they consume the actual body of Christ when they swallow their cracker every Sunday.
If they do, they are simply delusional.   

Religion is a business.

legendary
March 31, 2017, 08:27:54 PM

Me = Winner!!!!

You = wiener!!!!

Cool
March 31, 2017, 08:07:20 PM
There are many unconscious reasons people believe in religious faiths. While many people find comfort and joy in their religious practices because of their moral teachings there are other reasons they're drawn to their faith as well. For many people faith was a part of their upbringing and they want to continue their families traditions. Faith plays an important role in our culture and reason has been part of the human race from time immemorial and it will continue to be part of us.

I agree that for the many people religion is just ritual, part of culture or tradition etc.
Still, it's not only answer why so many people follow religion and believe in God.
Many people can't find purpose in their life. They feel that is some highest truth and purpose out there.
Other people, like Einstein, through science understood that must be creator, God, who created all this miracles and whole universe.

The answer is simple.  A lot of people are gullible, uneducated or just plain stupid.

Most religious wackos do not really believe that they consume the actual body of Christ when they swallow their cracker every Sunday.

Religion is a business.

Science proves, and nature shows, that God exists:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16803380.

The details of what God is like can be found in combining the proof in the links with all the things you can see in nature, in yourself, in other people.

God makes things work. The proofs show this. He has nothing to do with originating destruction, but since people and the devil seem to like destruction at times, God even makes destruction work for them.

Cool

BADecker principle rule number 1:
"If a point of discussion does not meet criteria of one's own belief, then ignore the context and claim it is wrong".

Therefore, your proof is wrong, so please give me proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riCTEhezcYw  Burden of proof lies with those who claim god exists can be found here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC7Ttc9g1u8   Answer to the first cause argument can be found here.

To be honest, it's very hard for me to object to something both to one and to another person. I believe in God, but not in his material existence. And at the same time I know that science will never confirm this.

Jesus God has a material existence.    Cool

Ha ha ha ha.....

Only problem is that you cant prove that.

Its all faith that you believe this to be true.

Whether or not I can prove it, let's hope you come to believe in Him, before He has to prove it to you, Himself, in the Judgement. If you come to know it in the judgment, there will be no chance for you to believe and be saved.

Cool

Me = Winner!!!!
legendary
March 31, 2017, 05:19:45 PM

Religion is a business.

The details of what God is like can be found in combining the proof in the links with all the things you can see in nature, in yourself, in other people.

God makes things work. The proofs show this. He has nothing to do with originating destruction, but since people and the devil seem to like destruction at times, God even makes destruction work for them.

Cool

"If a point of discussion does not meet criteria of one's own belief, then ignore the context and claim it is wrong".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riCTEhezcYw  Burden of proof lies with those who claim god exists can be found here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC7Ttc9g1u8   Answer to the first cause argument can be found here.

To be honest, it's very hard for me to object to something both to one and to another person. I believe in God, but not in his material existence. And at the same time I know that science will never confirm this.

Ha ha ha ha.....

Whether or not I can prove it, let's hope you come to believe in Him, before He has to prove it to you, Himself, in the Judgement. If you come to know it in the judgment, there will be no chance for you to believe and be saved.

Cool
March 30, 2017, 11:33:59 PM

Religion is a business.

Cool

Ha ha ha ha.....

legendary
March 30, 2017, 10:01:11 PM

Religion is a business.

Cool

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 30, 2017, 06:20:26 PM

Religion is a business.

Cool

Pages:
Jump to: