Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low - page 10. (Read 2442 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
April 03, 2018, 05:19:26 PM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

Yes the desire to get excess profits can make people think short, because you see bitcoin is increasing, and you buy it because it thinks bitcoin will continue to increase, but you do not consider the price of an unstable bitcoin that can go down anytime. Do not sell the bitcoin you have when the price falls, try to calm down and do not panic, bitcoin can increase again and you will benefit from bitcoin.
Exactly it is good to have patience if you see the price of bitcoin is decreasing but if you will flow with the wind of low price and will sell it low I know it will be in vain, earning profit from bitcoin is not very hard but it takes a lot of patience if you see the price of bitcoin is decreasing, once bitcoin price become low then wise and well known investors only buy bitcoin they never think about sell their bitcoin at all. most of time people lose the patience to see the price abnormally getting down so my suggestion for them is, bitcoin is very good investment if you do it with patience without selling at panic, it will surely make you rich in very small time interval.
Activity: 476
Merit: 17
April 03, 2018, 02:24:22 PM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.
Most likely this is due to the "psychology of the crowd" of most people who have got acquainted with cryptocurrencies and try their hand at trading on the stock exchange behave as dictated by the environment - they all sell and they sell, but this is not always correct, as you saw for yourself. It's natural, so many people behave and in order not to do so, you need to have your opinion, clearly understand your actions and believe in what you are doing. If you are sure, for example, that bitcoin will cost 20k dollars, then regardless of whether it will be cheaper to 5k you will still buy it and unshakably wait for the moment when bitcoin will cost as much as you think. It is rather a matter of self-control.
Activity: 111
Merit: 0
April 03, 2018, 12:50:24 PM
I think their losses stem from panic and do not understand the market and they do not invest in learning and improving their knowledge of the crypto market. They invest in bitcoin by the habit that bitcoin always produces profits and grows continuously. They have forgotten the nature of the market is volatility and risk. The supply is not fixed and depends on the mining. If not wise to recognize and patiently wait for the recovery process from the market. They will lose without any profit.
Activity: 354
Merit: 100
April 03, 2018, 12:42:46 PM

Thanks guys!
I think the reason people buy high, besides the fact that they are investing on emotion, is because they don't know how to value a business

They do not want that to happen. Maybe because the particular token they bought have not enough ability to rise up again. What I mean is that the price has fallen and cant go up again. Maybe because many holders doing panic selling so that the price is continually falling down.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
April 03, 2018, 12:37:20 PM
You have to gain some experience before trading. If you are not experienced then you can make mistakes such as buying high and selling low.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
April 03, 2018, 12:32:33 PM
Well it is ridiculous to say that people buy low and sell high just to lose money. One possible thing is that maybe you are a panic buyer who buys bitcoin when he believes that bitcoin is getting high and have a lot of potential
Activity: 294
April 03, 2018, 12:22:40 PM
It is common strategy that peoples generally buy low and sell high.when market is decreasing continues peoples are attacked by panic as a result fear more losing they sell btc low price, I don't find another cause.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
April 03, 2018, 10:58:40 AM
Seriously? There's someone who buy high and sell low?
I'm confused here, like, what do you want to do with your cryptocurrency? Don't you buy it because you want to have profits?
I don't know what makes you do that, but maybe because you're afraid of the price change and choose to sell instead although it's cheap? Don't be. You should buy when the price drops. Wait patiently, and surely, it will increase little by little.
Bitcoin going up and down is normal, don't sell your bitcoin in low price, you're gonna regret it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 121
April 03, 2018, 10:39:00 AM

Thanks guys!
I think the reason people buy high, besides the fact that they are investing on emotion, is because they don't know how to value a business

Activity: 168
April 03, 2018, 10:38:51 AM
This is what newbies usually do because they want to be secured. Bitcoin is filled with these newbies since Bitcoin itself is also a newbie in ceyltocurrency world. For me, it is better to do the opposite as long as what you invest in has huge potential to grow in the future.
Activity: 196
April 03, 2018, 10:32:15 AM
People are not selling at the low price and the price are now low most of the people are holding because the buying at high and selling at low are loss for us and in the modern era we have to manage time and money so if the prices are low then the holding strategy is good and in the bitcoin it is good to not sell because we can use this for the online payments as well so that is the advantage of this currency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 103
April 03, 2018, 10:25:02 AM
It seems to me that this it is happening because no one knows exactly where the best entry points in this market are. More over, the news strongly manipulate the minds of most of us, and many people can not take the right and appropriate decision to buy or sell.
Activity: 336
Merit: 103
April 03, 2018, 10:23:37 AM
Cutting losses is the typical reason why selling lower than purchased and this together with the panic that you will lose more if you will keep it. The problem is that the fluctuation could be very high and honestly who will not panic if it falls from $20,000 to only $7,000?

The other reason besides this is that the investor needs money urgently and is forced to sell a part or all of his investment during a downswing phase. In some cases bad news or new local laws will lead an investor to the decision to sell low.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
Freshdice.com
April 03, 2018, 10:23:27 AM
This might be not included on the investors' plan with their Bitcoin. They are investing even if the price oc Bitcoin is high having the expectations that it will continue increasing which will give them profit. On the other hand they are forced to sell since it is their way of cutting down their losses due to the dumps. This only proves that holding until the msrket value stabilizes will br a much better decision.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
April 03, 2018, 10:18:06 AM

Thanks guys!

Yes the desire to get excess profits can make people think short, because you see bitcoin is increasing, and you buy it because it thinks bitcoin will continue to increase, but you do not consider the price of an unstable bitcoin that can go down anytime. Do not sell the bitcoin you have when the price falls, try to calm down and do not panic, bitcoin can increase again and you will benefit from bitcoin.
That was the normal mindset of a traders who had not enough experience in buying and selling this topic is much relevant into trading because of its way of earning.
Basically, people ince they saw that the market is gaining a trend they buy because they saw it and they wanting more without knowing and having a target sell zone until the price go down and they still didn't able to sell.
Activity: 60
April 03, 2018, 10:14:51 AM
Investor psychology. You never know when is the lowest point or highest point until looking back to the past. Hindsight is 20/20
Activity: 602
April 03, 2018, 10:05:18 AM

Thanks guys!

Activity: 308
April 03, 2018, 09:56:21 AM

Thanks guys!

Investing when the market is at hype or has a high price is the dumbest idea you will ever made because you will not get any profit when you buy coins at that time, the reason why most of the new traders are losing a huge amount of investment is because they are not well knowledgeable about the market before investing.
Activity: 743
Merit: 250
April 03, 2018, 09:53:33 AM
This happened mainly with the starters and newbies in trading world. They start to buy many coins and tokens without any knowledge about this field, they just think that it is the shortest way to make money on the crypto domain. Then they choose to buy many shitcoins and tokens without potential, the resuly usually is big losses.
Activity: 602
Merit: 262
April 03, 2018, 09:52:55 AM

Thanks guys!
in trading the key to success is to buy when the price is cheap and sell when the price is high. if otherwise it is to prevent losses, my strategy when the price drops I will cut when it has reached a loss of up to 10% -20%.

You have a good strategy but its better to cut lose then rebuy again when the price are in downtrend in that case you have a high percentage to earn a good profit if that altcoin you buy pump up again.
By the way people are to afraid & stressed when entering to trading industry its a reason I see why people buy high and sell low.
Pages:
Jump to: