Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low - page 7. (Read 2442 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 100
April 07, 2018, 07:08:57 AM
I think when before buying, you're wrong in the analysis of the coin you want to buy, and that's what makes you lose money.

but be patient because it's just a matter of time, the coins you buy the price drop dramatically at this time, but we do not know tomorrow, you better hold the first coin and you can play in another coin. Because I believe all businesses have a circle where there is a moment when it goes up and there is a moment when it goes down.
It is the rule of the market and principle of successful investors that they never ever invest into a coin which is blindly followed by public. They always make deep analysis of the coin, understand its market trends and the support it is enjoying. Some newcomers get impressed easily by altcoin projects and invest into them good money which results in selling at cheap prices because the coin is unable to survive.
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
April 07, 2018, 01:13:26 AM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
You are afraid on what market can do, your thinking that the market could not be recover and will continue to fall down, you are afraid to take a risk specially it has money involve, I advice to you that go with the flow what the markets would like to happen then go when it was dip then go buy and buy and don't sell when it was cheaper.
Activity: 476
www.daxico.com
April 06, 2018, 11:56:31 PM
Because people are scared that they can lose more and they are not oriented in cryptocurrency market, so they sell it low because they don't want to lose too much and they are afraid of risk.

It's the major trend already since some of people are attracted on cryptos on a high price without even thinking that cryptos are naturally volatile. In fact, they're also the reason why the bearish market seems to stay with us for a long time.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
BTC. ETC. EOS
April 06, 2018, 11:41:43 PM
This is a classic mistake that inexperienced investors do. Unfortunately, they pay a big price for it. Like Warren Buffet said, We need to buy when others are scared and sell others are greedy.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
April 06, 2018, 11:25:49 PM
Because those people are panic about the present situation of the market, we cannot help to those hope because they already know when market recover they can make huge money but for weak heart we cannot convince them easily.
Activity: 104
Merit: 0
April 06, 2018, 11:06:56 PM
People will be selling bitcoin lower than purchase price because to avoid bigger losses. It's because bitcoin value keeps decreasing. I also do it a few times, because bitcoin price keeps going down. And later on when start up again i just buy it again .
Activity: 1974
Merit: 450
April 06, 2018, 10:25:26 PM
Because people are scared that they can lose more and they are not oriented in cryptocurrency market, so they sell it low because they don't want to lose too much and they are afraid of risk.
well, panic will be the only reason strong in this case. when someone buys a coin at a high price, and sells it when the price starts to dump. I think it is a panic, and to prevent further losses. I've done it a few times.
Activity: 210
April 06, 2018, 10:11:59 PM
It think it's your strategy in selling that's good.... but always think that you will lose a lots of effort and money if you did that... Panic selling is not good but if it is you strategy why not... Every one has its own way of selling but make sure you will earn.. But I suggest that you need to be patient because making a rush decision is not good..
Activity: 160
April 06, 2018, 08:54:41 PM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

Its fear, greed and impatience.
Activity: 350
Merit: 41
April 06, 2018, 08:53:33 PM
I have been lucky enough not to have to do this, but would not hesitate if I needed the money. That would be the only logical reason I would consider selling at a loss, but avoidable if you force yourself to follow the age old rule of only investing what you can afford to lose. That said, circumstances can change in an instant, and if necessary I would do it. I have made conscious decisions not to invest in coins that I think are over valued, even though I think the project has huge value; better to search for under valued coins than chasing ones which have already posted big gains, especially in a short space of time. Was able to get in a couple of these after the recent market drops, but have also missed out on others. Can't win them all.
Activity: 92
Merit: 2
The Future Of Work
April 06, 2018, 08:46:30 PM
People thinks when it's high they can sell it woth higher price they think that it will increase and when it decreases they are afraid it will fall continuesly and will result to bankruptcy. But they didn't know it will increase again and will have the higher possibility to gain or to grow their profits more and to earn much money.
Activity: 845
April 06, 2018, 07:48:40 PM
When the high price of course everyone thinks that the price will continue to rise so that makes a lot of people including me interested to buy, whereas when the price drop of course everyone thinks the price will not rise anymore and they are afraid to keep drop so it will sell albeit at a low price.
Activity: 111
Merit: 1
April 06, 2018, 06:35:09 PM

Thanks guys!
Actually the proper way of trading alt coins must be "buy low sell high" to generate good profit, But recently, We suffered dropping down of crypto coins, This may lead the investor to push through selling their coins to avoid huge loss. Those who could not wait will surely lost their money. But to those people who have much experiences about bitcoin, they come up to hold because they have strong got feel that bitcoin recovers,
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
April 06, 2018, 05:56:54 PM
I think that we are moved by fear to loose and have a lack of patience, somewhere here, one guys wrote. What is your trading strategy? He said - patience, a lot of patience, before buy. or sell.
Activity: 28
April 06, 2018, 05:55:48 PM
its FOMO, specially if you are monitoring the market theres a big chance that youll get to buy at high price then it will do correction
Activity: 668
Merit: 255
April 06, 2018, 05:54:04 PM
I think, that's doing only "new" people in trading and reason simple - low knowledge and not understanding how market works. And as everyone, who starting in trading with hopes to make big money, always forget about smart investing and how to cut losses. And as result always trying to get as much as possible, and can't see when time to sell/buy based on their  emotions.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
April 06, 2018, 05:31:34 PM
These persons were not well given oriented about bitcoin investment so when the market is in a big dip they sell out of panic and run into loses.
Activity: 1067
Merit: 501
April 06, 2018, 05:31:00 PM
Activity: 214
April 06, 2018, 04:03:49 PM
One of the main principles in trading crypto is to stay calm and do not panic selling when the price is decreasing. It takes patience and trading always requires patience
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
April 06, 2018, 02:15:36 PM

Thanks guys!

Definitely you are one of those panic sellers. When price is high, you buy because of thinking that those coins will still go up to the moon without realizing that sooner or later, the price drops. And when the price drops, you sell them because you think that it may keep on decreasing. Those moment, you are panicking and thinking that its better to sell in lw price than to have nothing.

selling in lower price is not always caused by panic. in business, we do some bad decisions and it is normal. may be it is another strategy to get lesser loss in case to wait another to chance in gaining profit. remember, business has always risky even in normal situation.
Pages:
Jump to: