Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low - page 15. (Read 2442 times)

Activity: 438
Merit: 104
March 23, 2018, 06:28:20 AM
I do believe it is because of more investors or let us say traders believe that they can have a good chance to make more profit in the making if the prices turn to green. Maybe they are soo concern on what will be their profit than what will be their loses. Although risky but needs to try the luck.
Whenever I interact with the new comers in the bitcoin, they are always worried about loss and are never excited about the profits, so this can be the reason for buying the bitcoin is the higher prices and selling in the lower. But after then, when they get a little bit of loss and see the profit then they generally get the idea about the working of the market from which they were unfamiliar. Slowly and gradually they set and tune themselves according to the market and then later on more new comers come and repeat the same.
Activity: 994
Merit: 256
March 23, 2018, 06:22:55 AM

Most people end up selling low because they panic a lot when prices take a dip. most aren't patient to wait long enough to see the coins recover, most of the people who do this end up regretting.
If one has done mistake of panic selling with bitcoin, he or she is definitely going to bang their heads in the wall when bitcoin is going to take a ride to moon by the end or mid of this year. Panic selling is usually done by those how are new to crypto market or who don’t have enough of patience. Such people suffer a lot even in their real lives. Patience is a virtue because it pays you off in the end.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 22, 2018, 10:42:41 PM
Blame your self the decision is in you. You sell it in high price or not, hold it too long or not. those people like you are not thinking if they have profit or not you'll investing without profit its look like you save your money in a bank and bank collect payments because you save your money to them so you invest your money in risk.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
March 22, 2018, 10:32:43 PM
If you these, you don't read the movement of the pricing. Also, you are afraid to lose your money because you sell your investment without profit. When you buy coins next to it is holding for a long time.
Activity: 462
March 22, 2018, 10:26:20 PM
Investors often buy high and sell low because they do not anticipate market fluctuations and this is very understandable in the cryptocurrency market because many crypto are dominated by the wealthy. To succeed in this market you need to equip yourself with good knowledge of blockchain, cryptocurrency and market acumen.
Activity: 439
Merit: 1
March 22, 2018, 09:19:48 PM
Its the crypto mentality thinking you will make big bucks. So buying high means nothing. Not until it dumps 60% then u would have to hold for a year long. Jus to have it back.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
March 22, 2018, 03:46:42 AM
They don’t it on purpose… I have done that several times when I was still a newbie in crypto world, until I discovered how this works. Since then I never bought high and sold low, rather I’m always buying at lower rates and selling at higher rates. So other people that are doing it are just afraid that they will lose money. But it’s very important that they continue doing it, cause it makes others earn.
Activity: 350
March 22, 2018, 03:43:28 AM
If you aim good profit, patience is a must. Never invest something big that has no assurance, because it will end up losing your money. You should be knowledgeable and have better understanding in order to arrived positive result:)
Activity: 145
Merit: 11
March 22, 2018, 03:28:17 AM
The answer is very simple, because they panic sell because it probably the price of her down drastically and they were afraid one day the coin is not there is the price of her again, this is not need to actually because with can make you lose.
Activity: 332
Merit: 12
March 22, 2018, 02:44:11 AM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

An experience received for your money is the most useful thing you can get in your trading career. Accept it as a gift from your destiny and don't give up.  Wink
That’s true. Nobody loves to make loss from their investment, but sometimes you have to take a little loss than lose everything. And sometimes, the best thing to do is have patience and wait no matter how low it goes, as long as you’re sure that price will later go up.
Activity: 686
Merit: 262
March 21, 2018, 02:55:34 PM
Panic selling is evident not only in this market, but in almost every other market. After seeing a fall, a lot of people lose hope and start selling out their investments to cash out as much as they can. Hence, they unintentionally become a part of the dump.
Activity: 364
Blockchain with VTOS energy
March 21, 2018, 02:41:45 PM
I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

Most of the people who are new in trading are happening the same way just what you experienced because they are naive on how the market works so the best thing to do is just learn by studying on the internet, there are so much things to do to become professional so keep on learning.
Activity: 490
March 21, 2018, 02:36:22 PM
I think the feel of selling at a loss from when bought high is that they think they can still salvage part of their money; fear of losing totally! Also, I believe FUD do contribute to people taking that decision of selling off at a loss instead of HODLing.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
March 21, 2018, 02:31:47 PM
Panic selling is a major key, FUD, sometimes one can have a particular problem which needs to be sorted out with money and the only option is selling cryptos, then there us loss reduction to avoid keep loosing when in a downward trend,  and being inexperienced as many people pass through this as traders
Activity: 92
Merit: 0
March 21, 2018, 01:20:12 PM
I think it's because of panic. And that's a natural thing in someone's thinking when buying at a high price, suddenly the price decreases. And that person always thinks that the price is going down, then the person will surely sell it to avoid more and more losses.
Activity: 462
MYCRYPTOBANK.IO
March 21, 2018, 11:52:14 AM
For most of traders who are less experienced in trading, they choose to sell all without choosing a cut-loss decision. They tend to worry about the price if it goes down then will make their assets unvaluable anymore.
But the fact is if they choose the cut-loss, it definitely saves some of their assets and will give them future profits from some of they hold.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
March 21, 2018, 10:15:18 AM
Ugh I see no reason to do this. Maybe your mentality is like because of the decreasing price of Bitcoin you are thinking about selling it, and then when the price suddenly goes up you buy one. This will lose you profit just like you said. Learn to hold Bitcoins because Bitcoin's value isn't all out and always going up. The value fluctuates over time and no one can predict whether it will go up later or it will go down. So learn when to buy and when to sell your Bitcoins.
Activity: 117
Merit: 18
March 21, 2018, 10:12:31 AM
Timing markets is dangerous!  You only lose or gain money if you sell!  Until then it is an unrealized gain or loss.  People should apply sound and fundamental investment principles.  Research and seek sound advice!
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 21, 2018, 09:49:00 AM

Thanks guys!

in fact the way it is so wrong but many new players are easily panicked and eventually apply this expensive buy and sell when the price is cheap, they are easily affected which ultimately makes him lose money.
As this condition is concerned, I will only blame to all those newbies who started with zero tolerance and insufficient knowledge about what they are going to do. They think if someone wants to earn money or if someone have enough money to buy bitcoins they can easily take start without knowing nothing. But this isn’t the case brothers. We have to keep in mind what are ifs and buts of trading and investment.

Well it's all about conditioning your mind before you spend your money on crypto investments. Obviously the reason for a buy high sell low attitude is panic because of drastically losing money. That can be avoided by knowing what you're doing and not jumping on hypes.
Activity: 420
March 21, 2018, 09:33:29 AM

Thanks guys!

I thinknthat they are not meant to buy in a high value then sell it into a much cheaper one its just that they are not that patient when it becomes in holding some coins especially bitcoins because they buy when they saw some increases into the market because they though that it will continue for a long run then it will fall tremendously then they will.panic sell and then they will cut off their loss and thats what actually happens.
Pages:
Jump to: