Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people hate islam? - page 33. (Read 221004 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
August 11, 2016, 06:14:30 PM
Islam is nice religion like others religion. ....

Can I say that the true or nice Muslim are the victim from terror tragedy?

So, maybe that's why people see Islam as religion of terrorists and they hate terrorist.
I don't have Muslim or Islam, but I hate terrorist.

Is it okay to stone women to death?

Is it okay to kill homosexuals?

Is it okay to kill those who attempt to leave Islam?

Please answer simply yes or no.

You just described almost every religion out there, not specifically Islam. The Christian bible has several instances of women being stoned to death as well as people being burned alive with fire for partaking in homosexual acts.

No, I have not described almost every religion out there.  I have specifically described Islam today.

You are attempting to equate Christianity of way in the past as comparable.

People see through that pretty darn fast.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
https://cryptodatabase.net
August 11, 2016, 05:09:18 PM

So, maybe that's why people see Islam as religion of terrorists and they hate terrorist.

You just described almost every religion out there, not specifically Islam. The Christian bible has several instances of women being stoned to death as well as people being burned alive with fire for partaking in homosexual acts.
legendary
August 11, 2016, 04:44:09 PM

Activity: 602
Merit: 250
August 11, 2016, 11:08:06 AM
I am a buddhist.. I don't hate islam. I hate those who understand islam wrongly. Don't judge people by the religion. In sri lanka , my home country islam , buddhist , hindus and christians lives peacefully. there are many good peoples.. Hate people who kills people in the name of religion they are disgrace to even for their religion Angry Angry Angry

yeah, so do I. I think many people has wrong understanding about Islam or Muslim. As I know, Islam is nice religion like others religion. I think just because terrorist are dominant by Muslim, people just take short cut to understand it. Like this logic scheme: Terrorist members are dominant by Muslim, and terrorists are bad people, people hate bad people. So the conclusion is people hate Muslim. It is absolutely wrong logical thinking.

Actually if we see again, there are many isms in some religions. Like in Christian, there are Bethelism (Church), Pentecostalism, and so on. So do Islam, in my country such as Muhammadyah ism, Naydathul Ulama ism, and others (I don't have many knowledge about it, maybe there are many local ism more). So, the terrorism has it own ism which based on Islam religion. Although, (I think) its not the pure or the true Islam anymore.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 11, 2016, 09:48:29 AM
I am a buddhist.. I don't hate islam. I hate those who understand islam wrongly. Don't judge people by the religion. In sri lanka , my home country islam , buddhist , hindus and christians lives peacefully. there are many good peoples.. Hate people who kills people in the name of religion they are disgrace to even for their religion Angry Angry Angry
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
August 11, 2016, 02:42:17 AM
I personally do not hate the religion Islam.  I have a friend before who were Muslims and they are just like the same with us.  They are friendly, courteous, and disciplined.  They really have time to worship Allah. 

Terrorist happened to be under the religion of Islam and tend to bend their beliefs by committing crimes.  They said that it is the teachings of their religion, to kill who were not one of them.  To kill those who didn't believe on their teachings.  Maybe they took it too literally.  Or maybe they just want to do those evil crime and used their religion to validate their immoralities.
Activity: 265
August 11, 2016, 02:24:53 AM
People hate Islam because they are shown on TV as evil people killing innocents all over the world in the name of the religion. The media is portraying muslims as evil to keep people away from the truth of Islam. No matter how much they try, still people find the truth about Islam and accept it. After 9/11, many many people accepted Islam because they wanted to know how a religion can preach so evil. In their research, they came to know about the beauty of Islam and accepted it.
legendary
July 22, 2016, 06:02:34 PM
I think some people hate Islam because of what they see and hear in the news, social media, radio and television. The terrorists attack and suicide bombing were claimed by ISIS that's why some people generalized that muslims are bad. But for me, I don't believe that religion is the reason why they do those kinds of thing, because I myself have muslim friends and officemates and they are good people. We can't judge people base on their religion.

However, we can judge religions by the acts that they condone, or even encourage. The question is why do people hate Islam (the religion), not muslims. Most people are decent in spite of their religion, or we would never have left the caves.
but if some one hate islam it meant that he hate to muslims. because islam without Muslims is nothing. Mulims are the representative of Islam. however i will like to add that there are different kind of people in this world having differen mentality and thoughts. so you will find some people who hate islam some hate cristiannity other hate budist and so on.

You're wrong. I hate Christianity, but I don't hate most Christians. I think they're deluded, and I'm dead certain that their various sectarian institutions are criminals, but they're just people who believe something unbelievable. Much the same with Islam and Muslims.

Some people hate math. 

Many, many "Things" are hateable.  The varmits that get into my garden are hateable.  The squirrels that eat all my peaches.  Stupid, ridiculous theories and cultural things are "hateable."

Smells and colors can be hated.   Certain cities, parts of them, and certain times of day can be hated.  The timeclock that people punched in at the beginning of a day was certainly hated.

Lol...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
July 22, 2016, 04:17:43 PM
I think some people hate Islam because of what they see and hear in the news, social media, radio and television. The terrorists attack and suicide bombing were claimed by ISIS that's why some people generalized that muslims are bad. But for me, I don't believe that religion is the reason why they do those kinds of thing, because I myself have muslim friends and officemates and they are good people. We can't judge people base on their religion.

However, we can judge religions by the acts that they condone, or even encourage. The question is why do people hate Islam (the religion), not muslims. Most people are decent in spite of their religion, or we would never have left the caves.
but if some one hate islam it meant that he hate to muslims. because islam without Muslims is nothing. Mulims are the representative of Islam. however i will like to add that there are different kind of people in this world having differen mentality and thoughts. so you will find some people who hate islam some hate cristiannity other hate budist and so on.

You're wrong. I hate Christianity, but I don't hate most Christians. I think they're deluded, and I'm dead certain that their various sectarian institutions are criminals, but they're just people who believe something unbelievable. Much the same with Islam and Muslims.
legendary
July 22, 2016, 01:58:52 PM

Bull.  You cannot speak for others, only yourself.  If someone says he hates Islalm but not Muslims, why not take him at his word?
Activity: 252
July 22, 2016, 01:24:40 PM

Activity: 560
Merit: 252
July 21, 2016, 07:17:55 PM

One interesting part of this discussion is that various people want to say that people who do Islamic extremist atrocities do not do them because of their religion, when the people committing the atrocities themselves say they are doing them because of Islam extremist beliefs.

In other words, people who leave their suicide-bomber goodbye video and explictly say they want to be judged as Islamic, others are saying "we can't judge people based on their religion."  I don't understand this.

Rather a bit of 1984 style double plus goodthink, isn't it?

What you say seems very logical to me.
legendary
July 21, 2016, 07:10:46 PM

One interesting part of this discussion is that various people want to say that people who do Islamic extremist atrocities do not do them because of their religion, when the people committing the atrocities themselves say they are doing them because of Islam extremist beliefs.

In other words, people who leave their suicide-bomber goodbye video and explictly say they want to be judged as Islamic, others are saying "we can't judge people based on their religion."  I don't understand this.

Rather a bit of 1984 style double plus goodthink, isn't it?
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
July 21, 2016, 06:41:21 PM

legendary
July 21, 2016, 04:31:39 PM

www.thereligionofpeace.com

Activity: 644
Merit: 261
July 21, 2016, 02:29:43 PM
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 20, 2016, 10:44:10 AM
i think other religions didnt hate islam, because in any relgions we learn to give a love to other, not a hatefull. #peace  Wink
Yeah, religion give love to each other that join their group but if you reject the invitation of joining their group, you'll fuck up cause what you will get is peace while getting a rest forever.
All the religions preach peace at the core level. but it's the people mis interpreting the religion.
I guess it's not good that people are doing bad things in the name of god. Most of the people hate Islam because media has
most highlighted the negative things about Islam.  

I have to fundamentally disagree, here.

Most religions teach peace at a core level, but it's a very exclusive peace. Peace between members of the same religion, and divided down even farther by sect. But to outsiders? It's usually convert or die, and this has been true of MOST religions throughout history. It's not just "humans misinterpreting" either, it's within the 'holy books'.

Islam is being rather aggressive in it's expansion right now, so it of course brings the ire of those who are not a part of it. From the outside, it's easy to see the hypocrisies of a religion. Not so easy from the inside, but they remain nonetheless. Islam is not the worst to come down the pike, but it's the last of the really aggressive bronze/iron age religions that remains aggressive! Christianity has finally mellowed out (for the most part), and it's adherents have figured out (covertly at least) that not everyone is going to accept their fantasies, and that murdering those who don't accomplishes nothing. Islam, being 700 years behind the curve, ain't got there yet.

However, modern weapons make Islam's bloody expansion much more devastating than Christianity's was, and that is causing massive problems. That's without even factoring in the endless "interventions" by "well meaning" governments that foment a hatred within the Muslim population that exacerbates everything far beyond mere religion. It is my considered opinion that the West is more to blame for the bullshit in the Middle East than the Muslim population. This is not to downplay the seriousness of the threat, but to point out that prior to the British Mandate and all the crap that has followed it, the Arabs were largely content to kill each other. It was when the West started telling them how they were allowed to live that it all boiled over. They were willing to sell the oil to all comers before that. IF the west would just get the fuck out, My suspicion is that the various Islamic sects would go back to slaughtering each other and this shit would burn out in a few generations. The Pax Americana, in the long run, will work out about as well as the Pax Romana that it's modeled on. Not a very glorious or utilitarian prospect.
That's what I'm trying to say, religion will give love if that person is part of their religion but if they know that the person is not part of what they believe. Expect to hear some hate and judgemental act.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
July 20, 2016, 10:15:39 AM
Not all people hate Islam.  It is those some wicked Muslims that makes Islam looks like a bad religion.  They ise this religion to make a guilt free crimes.  I met some Muslim and they are nice.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
July 17, 2016, 01:12:34 PM
i think other religions didnt hate islam, because in any relgions we learn to give a love to other, not a hatefull. #peace  Wink
Yeah, religion give love to each other that join their group but if you reject the invitation of joining their group, you'll fuck up cause what you will get is peace while getting a rest forever.
All the religions preach peace at the core level. but it's the people mis interpreting the religion.
I guess it's not good that people are doing bad things in the name of god. Most of the people hate Islam because media has

I have to fundamentally disagree, here.

Most religions teach peace at a core level, but it's a very exclusive peace. Peace between members of the same religion, and divided down even farther by sect. But to outsiders? It's usually convert or die, and this has been true of MOST religions throughout history. It's not just "humans misinterpreting" either, it's within the 'holy books'.

Islam is being rather aggressive in it's expansion right now, so it of course brings the ire of those who are not a part of it. From the outside, it's easy to see the hypocrisies of a religion. Not so easy from the inside, but they remain nonetheless. Islam is not the worst to come down the pike, but it's the last of the really aggressive bronze/iron age religions that remains aggressive! Christianity has finally mellowed out (for the most part), and it's adherents have figured out (covertly at least) that not everyone is going to accept their fantasies, and that murdering those who don't accomplishes nothing. Islam, being 700 years behind the curve, ain't got there yet.

However, modern weapons make Islam's bloody expansion much more devastating than Christianity's was, and that is causing massive problems. That's without even factoring in the endless "interventions" by "well meaning" governments that foment a hatred within the Muslim population that exacerbates everything far beyond mere religion. It is my considered opinion that the West is more to blame for the bullshit in the Middle East than the Muslim population. This is not to downplay the seriousness of the threat, but to point out that prior to the British Mandate and all the crap that has followed it, the Arabs were largely content to kill each other. It was when the West started telling them how they were allowed to live that it all boiled over. They were willing to sell the oil to all comers before that. IF the west would just get the fuck out, My suspicion is that the various Islamic sects would go back to slaughtering each other and this shit would burn out in a few generations. The Pax Americana, in the long run, will work out about as well as the Pax Romana that it's modeled on. Not a very glorious or utilitarian prospect.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
July 17, 2016, 12:57:22 PM
i think other religions didnt hate islam, because in any relgions we learn to give a love to other, not a hatefull. #peace  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: