Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people hate islam? - page 35. (Read 221004 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
July 06, 2016, 11:14:02 PM
One way to approach this question is to look at what are some of the absolute worst places in the world to live, and then ask what religions predominate there.

Much of the middle east: Islam. Much of South America and Central Africa: Catholicism.

Taking it a bit further, look at the best places to live, and I think it likely you will find that NO religion holds all that much sway in the culture.

I will betcha that holds true for "the best places to live."

I think Islam is big in South Africa, but I never saw much anyone care about or show any interest in religion down there.  I am certain the churches were all packed on Sundays, of course.  Maybe that's a social thing.

So you are correct.  It's not the PRESENCE of religion/religions, but the degree of SERIOUSNESS that they are taken.  One of the more glaring examples of this is when the Muslim objects to being told he's in a violent belief set, he says "But your old Testament says kill, kill, kill" and we answer "Yeah, but we don't pay any attention to that, dude."

Some things like that are hard to comprehend.  Why and how can something be believed, but not that seriously.

Yeah, that's a more comprehensive way to state it, and looking at my own life, I would have to agree. I was raised very Christian, and even though the religion overtly speaks of tolerance, they simultaneously taught us to be aloof, superior, distrustful of all people (especially successful people and other sects of christianity), and generally rotten 'values'. Yet the culture in the US is rather secular. There are no serious penalties, in the sense that there are in places ruled by religious law, to questioning the unquestionable answers presented by religion. Personal, yes. It's not easy to wake up from a dream that was forced upon you since birth. It's not easy to deal with the fallout when you do, up to and including family members who will no longer speak to you.

But the culture allows it to happen, and in places that are increasingly irreligious, the quality of life seems to be improving across the board. Sweden comes to mind. I can't speak to that one directly, having never been there, but I have lived in more secular AND more religious areas of the United States, and the places with a heavy religious influence, the quality of life is very good for the well connected, and not so great for anyone else. But again, the consequences are more personal than not, and can be overcome. When a religion actually rules a culture, all the bad parts of their scripture come quickly to the fore.

This seems to be a serious argument for never allowing religion to rule over culture, for more or less letting it be whatever it wants.  But never allowing The Guys With The Guns (Lol, Law Enforcement) to be enforcers of a set of religious doctrines.   Once you start thinking this way, though, there's no way you can let some bunch of religious zombies get away with killing anyone who makes a cartoon of their prophet.  Neither can you have LEO enforce their little rule.  Therefore, if the Muslim Zombies require these killings, they are incompatible with our Western thinking.  Period.  There is no compromise.

That does seem to be the case. And yet, I know a number of nominal Muslims who are very peaceful people. But they are NOT middle eastern. In most cases, not even indirectly, they've converted or were from someplace other than that area to begin with. The culture needs serious revision.

I'm an anarchist, so I'm a bit more radical in my thinking than most. I actually think that everyone should be the guys with the guns, and law, to the extent it's tolerated, should only deal with things done to someone. This would put most nations out of the business that they are best at: Powermongering. It also would be anathema to most religions. Maybe all of them. For reasons that even as a formerly religious man I cannot wrap my brain around, there's something in the religious mindset that requires that all must conform to your ideation.

Religious men have accused me of not having strong beliefs in the things I do believe in because I am not willing to kill over it. I find this curious as well as fallacious. It says more about them than me. No, I won't kill because you think something different than I do. I would kill without hesitation or remorse if my life or that of my family were threatened, but not because I disagree with you. And they see that as weak.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
July 06, 2016, 09:51:54 PM
One way to approach this question is to look at what are some of the absolute worst places in the world to live, and then ask what religions predominate there.

Much of the middle east: Islam. Much of South America and Central Africa: Catholicism.

Taking it a bit further, look at the best places to live, and I think it likely you will find that NO religion holds all that much sway in the culture.

I think Islam is big in South Africa, but I never saw much anyone care about or show any interest in religion down there.  I am certain the churches were all packed on Sundays, of course.  Maybe that's a social thing.

So you are correct.  It's not the PRESENCE of religion/religions, but the degree of SERIOUSNESS that they are taken.  One of the more glaring examples of this is when the Muslim objects to being told he's in a violent belief set, he says "But your old Testament says kill, kill, kill" and we answer "Yeah, but we don't pay any attention to that, dude."

Some things like that are hard to comprehend.  Why and how can something be believed, but not that seriously.

Yeah, that's a more comprehensive way to state it, and looking at my own life, I would have to agree. I was raised very Christian, and even though the religion overtly speaks of tolerance, they simultaneously taught us to be aloof, superior, distrustful of all people (especially successful people and other sects of christianity), and generally rotten 'values'. Yet the culture in the US is rather secular. There are no serious penalties, in the sense that there are in places ruled by religious law, to questioning the unquestionable answers presented by religion. Personal, yes. It's not easy to wake up from a dream that was forced upon you since birth. It's not easy to deal with the fallout when you do, up to and including family members who will no longer speak to you.

But the culture allows it to happen, and in places that are increasingly irreligious, the quality of life seems to be improving across the board. Sweden comes to mind. I can't speak to that one directly, having never been there, but I have lived in more secular AND more religious areas of the United States, and the places with a heavy religious influence, the quality of life is very good for the well connected, and not so great for anyone else. But again, the consequences are more personal than not, and can be overcome. When a religion actually rules a culture, all the bad parts of their scripture come quickly to the fore.

This seems to be a serious argument for never allowing religion to rule over culture, for more or less letting it be whatever it wants.  But never allowing The Guys With The Guns (Lol, Law Enforcement) to be enforcers of a set of religious doctrines.   Once you start thinking this way, though, there's no way you can let some bunch of religious zombies get away with killing anyone who makes a cartoon of their prophet.  Neither can you have LEO enforce their little rule.  Therefore, if the Muslim Zombies require these killings, they are incompatible with our Western thinking.  Period.  There is no compromise.

legendary
July 06, 2016, 09:43:27 PM
i don't hate it. i hate what people do in its name and i'm sure the truly religious feel the same way. for some people it's a shield for their own depravity. and as i'm sure has been stated elsewhere on here muslims suffer the most violence from other muslim sects.

For some reason I'm reminded of the adage, "He who lives by the sword dies by the sword."

Is that just coincidence, or is it a flaw in the philosophical underpinnings of the Muslim faith?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
July 06, 2016, 07:30:36 PM
i don't hate it. i hate what people do in its name and i'm sure the truly religious feel the same way. for some people it's a shield for their own depravity. and as i'm sure has been stated elsewhere on here muslims suffer the most violence from other muslim sects.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
July 06, 2016, 06:59:20 PM

legendary
July 06, 2016, 06:07:59 PM
I agree. Why not we try to go on Afghanistan or atleast in Saudi Arabia and try to not obey on what is written on their Qur'An and see yourself if it will not hurt or maybe the worst kill you.

That's a sort of test, a challenge by an infidel of the local religion.

I would not do that as a visitor because it would be disrespectful of the local people, their customs and traditions.

legendary
July 06, 2016, 05:30:23 PM

legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
July 06, 2016, 01:00:18 PM
i don't think people hates this religion , but if that is , it's because of those terrorism, bombings, and being aggressive when it comes to war or chaos . but i know not all muslims are doing that because people in any religion can do the same not just muslims .
some people who do not like Islam would tell that Islam was a terrorist so they expect with that will many who hate Islam. sometimes when i'm alone have a think much better if we do not believe in any religion and allied with lucifer Cheesy 666
We have developed the mindset that the islam gives support to terrorism throgh the consant negative reports from the
media. The media makes us look Islam is negative way through manipulated news to create the enemy image in the society.
yes it is a fact and there is no doubt about this. people do not hate Islam. Islam is a peaceful religion. and according to a survey in the world the most must people are accepting Islam in the world as compare to other religions. they why are people accepting Islam. Because its a peaceful religion.
But, I think only muslim find Islam peaceful.  There is some problem with almost every religion in this world. The religious people are not willing to hear it. I don't mean to say Islam is bad either. There 1.7 billion Muslims in world and if Islam was bad the world would have been a horrible place.

All religions preach peace but people of different religion can't live in peace. That's how our society is.. Islam is portrayed mostly in negative way in the media.

I thoroughly disagree. It is my contention, rather, that humans are generally able to socialize and be decent in spite of religion. Most religions have elements of xenophobia, hatred, dehumanization of the 'other', etc. Almost all claim to be the only truth, and specify violent resistance to any counterclaim or argument. Islam, currently, is worse about this than most others, but they weren't always. Christianity's flag was the bloodiest for millennia. If your religion says it's alright or mandatory to kill for it's beliefs, then even it's creators don't believe it fully.

edited for typos Cheesy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 06, 2016, 11:46:30 AM
i don't think people hates this religion , but if that is , it's because of those terrorism, bombings, and being aggressive when it comes to war or chaos . but i know not all muslims are doing that because people in any religion can do the same not just muslims .
some people who do not like Islam would tell that Islam was a terrorist so they expect with that will many who hate Islam. sometimes when i'm alone have a think much better if we do not believe in any religion and allied with lucifer Cheesy 666
We have developed the mindset that the islam gives support to terrorism throgh the consant negative reports from the
media. The media makes us look Islam is negative way through manipulated news to create the enemy image in the society.
yes it is a fact and there is no doubt about this. people do not hate Islam. Islam is a peaceful religion. and according to a survey in the world the most must people are accepting Islam in the world as compare to other religions. they why are people accepting Islam. Because its a peaceful religion.
But, I think only muslim find Islam peaceful.  There is some problem with almost every religion in this world. The religious people are not willing to hear it. I don't mean to say Islam is bad either. There 1.7 billion Muslims in world and if Islam was bad the world would have been a horrible place.

All religions preach peace but people of different religion can't live in peace. That's how our society is.. Islam is portrayed mostly in negative way in the media.

I thoroughly disagree. It is my contention, rather, that humans are generally able to socialize and be decent in spite of religion. Most religions have elements of xenophobia, hatred, dehumanization of the 'other', etc. Almost all claim to be the only truth, and specify violent resistance to any counterclaim or argument. Islam, currently, is worse about this than most others, but they weren't always. Christianity's flag was the bloodiest for millennia. If your religion says it's alright or mandatory to kill for it's beliefs, then even it's creators don't believe it fully.

edited for typos Cheesy
I agree. Why not we try to go on Afghanistan or atleast in Saudi Arabia and try to not obey on what is written on their Qur'An and see yourself if it will not hurt or maybe the worst kill you.
Activity: 182
July 06, 2016, 10:18:54 AM

Muslims don't want to open their eyes that their religion is not as peaceful as they thought. IF they just let themselves think freely then they will see how cruel other people use their religion as a way to hurt others that that they think are infidels.
legendary
July 06, 2016, 10:06:50 AM

edited for typos Cheesy
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
July 06, 2016, 09:03:05 AM

edited for typos Cheesy
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
July 06, 2016, 08:50:46 AM
I am here to just say one thing? Why do YOU hate islam? and you should really give a valid reason not a shitty one that says 'Because media'
and Yes, I am a muslim for those who ask, just tell me, come out of your shell and say why you HATE it, and I could be here to clarify things to you.
Also here is something that most people mistake about islam is that "Islam hates other religions" for this I say, Islam does not hate ANY religion, but it suggests to 'invite' them to islam, as slowly, and peacefully, even if they refuse, you can try and try, until it's their choice, you stop. and for all the wars that happened, it's because the other religions decided to come into war on Islam.

If you need anything clarified, I am here to answer you, don't be scared, I won't be offended by anyone, also haters, you can reply, I won't care Wink
I don't hate islam. i don't hate any religion.i hate the extremists  who mess up the life of the people.As long as you don't mess with me then i won't have a reason to hate you too. Atheist over here.
You're point of view is correct,islam isn't wrong actually,the problem are extremist who are in it.
in fact there are a lot of extremist's in islam,but i guess it is because it is pretty new religion,comparing it to the other one's.
legendary
July 06, 2016, 08:14:54 AM
But, I think only muslim find Islam peaceful.  ....

Most of the atrocities of Muslims are toward other Muslims....
Activity: 2520
Merit: 605
July 06, 2016, 04:47:26 AM

legendary
July 05, 2016, 02:12:44 PM
Well people hate islam because of the terrorist involved. I think that is the reason why people hate islam. In addition to that, people hate islam because many islam people sometimes are hard to fight with because they carry guns etc.

You got the valid point there. Terrorism in Islam is the main reason why people hate it and sometimes having a fear of Islam, Islamophobia. Extreme islamist are so agressive enough that they can easily kill you without hesitation if you try to confront or disagree with them. They see theirself as perfect enough on this world because they think they're being blessed with what they called god.
Some of the islamic people are involved in terrorism doesnt mean every muslim must be hated. Its all about how you treat to them. We can see many social experiments on youtube where muslim people are attacked without any reason. And I dont know why people hates them without any reason.

Misrepresentation of prior argument in order to make a pro-Islamic point highlighted.

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
July 05, 2016, 11:58:17 AM
i think the most people that hates islam are from the western countries ,where cultural liberty is defined by the freedom of speech and islam would take it away from you . you can be a critic of the any other religion except the islam .
Activity: 2674
Merit: 585
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
July 05, 2016, 11:24:41 AM
Well people hate islam because of the terrorist involved. I think that is the reason why people hate islam. In addition to that, people hate islam because many islam people sometimes are hard to fight with because they carry guns etc.

You got the valid point there. Terrorism in Islam is the main reason why people hate it and sometimes having a fear of Islam, Islamophobia. Extreme islamist are so agressive enough that they can easily kill you without hesitation if you try to confront or disagree with them. They see theirself as perfect enough on this world because they think they're being blessed with what they called god.
Some of the islamic people are involved in terrorism doesnt mean every muslim must be hated. Its all about how you treat to them. We can see many social experiments on youtube where muslim people are attacked without any reason. And I dont know why people hates them without any reason.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
July 05, 2016, 11:14:44 AM
I am here to just say one thing? Why do YOU hate islam? and you should really give a valid reason not a shitty one that says 'Because media'
and Yes, I am a muslim for those who ask, just tell me, come out of your shell and say why you HATE it, and I could be here to clarify things to you.
Also here is something that most people mistake about islam is that "Islam hates other religions" for this I say, Islam does not hate ANY religion, but it suggests to 'invite' them to islam, as slowly, and peacefully, even if they refuse, you can try and try, until it's their choice, you stop. and for all the wars that happened, it's because the other religions decided to come into war on Islam.

If you need anything clarified, I am here to answer you, don't be scared, I won't be offended by anyone, also haters, you can reply, I won't care Wink
I don't hate islam. i don't hate any religion.i hate the extremists  who mess up the life of the people.As long as you don't mess with me then i won't have a reason to hate you too. Atheist over here.
Activity: 182
July 05, 2016, 11:00:22 AM

What you are missing is that Islamic extremists have been committing atrocities since the days of Yassir Arafat with the sole purpose of getting on the front page of the news.  Thus they actively seek and actively create events which cause the "negative reports."  

You see, it is true that "media makes us look Islam is negative way through manipulated news" because that's what the Islamic terrorists want.  That's what it's all about.  A small act of terror has a big effect by way of the media.

To understand better how Islamic terrorists manipulate the media, just study the life of Yassir Arafat, responsible for over 400 atrocities if I recall correctly.
Although I somehow agree. Why there's a difference in media news when terrorist bomb first world countries like Paris it is quickly reported but when an Air Strike kill lots of people in Syria, no one bats an eye.
This is true.

There are two parts to this issue.

First, air strikes as a part of war never have attracted much news footage.  If they do, it is in the negative.  An example would be some Western air strike where terrorists were hiding behind women and children and the military does the strike anyway.

Headline:  "Airstrike kills women and children!"

No, actually that's by design.  The terrorists want this headline.  Of course they put their supplies in religious places and schools.

The second part is that some places are simply of more interest to world media.  Hence they are more interesting targets for terrorist who want to be on the first page of newspapers.  Of course Paris is more news worthy than Syria.  It's not about how many got killed it never was about that.   It's about doing what it takes to get on the front page.

So it is still a politics that's why terrorist risk their lives just to be in front of the news? I still have doubts if that is only the reason, I think US don't want to show their wrong-doings too that's why they don't want to news it.
Pages:
Jump to: