Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people think income tax is ok? - page 2. (Read 17853 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I can draw your avatar!
you could replace the 'politicians' with scrooges, but it sums it up neatly Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
Oh well, I'm talking about getting rid of all taxes Tongue

What system do you propose for paying for schools, roads, hospitals, emergency services etc?

Ever hear of this thing called "the market"?  Apparently it's pretty popular with literally everything else in existence.

The market, where layer upon layer of capitalist bureaucracy is added, middlemen invoicing middleman stacking up the costs and providing labour only to scrape of the margins, spending millions to reel in your customers, cutting back in service and quality. No one is getting better when the market gets involved.

In our country, the healthcare is put on the free market, the prices have gone up since and still rising, the insurance companies are numerous, dividing the collective and lowering the total spendable amount on healthcare. They are destroying it only for profit, the people suffering are the ones who need it the most. Less and less is possible. Money is flowing into funds and bonusses, companies setting up dummy corporations to invest in and lose their money legaly into obscure constructions.

Same goes for energy and other markets. Don't get me started. We will never benefit of the free market system when the scale is beyond the small community.

You could have said it faster by saying, where there is a market of fools and simpletons, you will find no end of politicians who will screw them.

Smiley
I can draw your avatar!

What system do you propose for paying for schools, roads, hospitals, emergency services etc?

Ever hear of this thing called "the market"?  Apparently it's pretty popular with literally everything else in existence.

The market, where layer upon layer of capitalist bureaucracy is added, middlemen invoicing middleman stacking up the costs and providing labour only to scrape of the margins, spending millions to reel in your customers, cutting back in service and quality. No one is getting better when the market gets involved.

In our country, the healthcare is put on the free market, the prices have gone up since and still rising, the insurance companies are numerous, dividing the collective and lowering the total spendable amount on healthcare. They are destroying it only for profit, the people suffering are the ones who need it the most. Less and less is possible. Money is flowing into funds and bonusses, companies setting up dummy corporations to invest in and lose their money legaly into obscure constructions.

Same goes for energy and other markets. Don't get me started. We will never benefit of the free market system when the scale is beyond the small community.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

I can draw your avatar!
In the end all we pay are taxes, half of what we earn goes directly into taxes, everything we buy has a tax amount.

We are modern slaves, not because of the taxes, but the other payments for the banks and loans. It are those shackles from which we have to free ourselves. We are slaves to the belief we should work hard for our money, the idea we actualy need all that money, but the economy is regulated so you never have enough, you only get just enough to make ends meet. We can work less and earn more, it is just a case of distribution. We are on our way to the utopia that has been envisioned at the start of the industrial revolution and brought close to by the digital revolution, the third and final stage is the economic revolution: enter the bitcoin age!

Do the welfare and politicians really outnumber the bankers and their greed? There is enough for everyone, there are studies showing that a basic income does benefit the whole community, those who work hard get their rewards, those who are smart can still be greedy, those who seek other means of happiness can do so without the worry and burden of the money that has enslaved us all. Switzerland is setting it up for real now, fingers crossed and let it spread, let it thrust the economic revolution and get us closer to utopia.

legendary
Taxes are enslavement. If people pay taxes voluntarily, they aren't taxes. They are purchases, or donations.

The idea of a voluntary tax is an oxymoron self-contradiction. Either it is a tax = slavery. Or it is a donation/purchase.

Smiley

Excellent thought I must say. So people who are willing to give donations are not slaves while those who are forced to pay taxes are slaves?

I guess then 99% people would love NOT to pay for their food/electricity/housing/clothes and those who are forced to pay for the same are slaves. We should get everything for free then life would be a pleasure right?

The people who get their "stuff" free are slaves. And so are the people who are taxed to pay for the ones that get their stuff free.

Part of the reason that there is an economic problem in America is, the numbers of slaves who are getting their stuff free (welfare people and politicians) is increasing, while the numbers supporting them through taxes (workers) is decreasing.

Thank goodness that part of the decreasing numbers of taxpayers includes a bunch of folks who have figured out how to legally get out of paying taxes.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Taxes are enslavement. If people pay taxes voluntarily, they aren't taxes. They are purchases, or donations.

The idea of a voluntary tax is an oxymoron self-contradiction. Either it is a tax = slavery. Or it is a donation/purchase.

Smiley

Excellent thought I must say. So people who are willing to give donations are not slaves while those who are forced to pay taxes are slaves?

I guess then 99% people would love NOT to pay for their food/electricity/housing/clothes and those who are forced to pay for the same are slaves. We should get everything for free then life would be a pleasure right?
legendary
Taxes are necessary and hence the Government enforces all to pay it but at the same time the income groups which fall in the category of income tax payers should be decided on appropriately. Some people are taxed at the same rate as those who earn over almost triple the amount as them which is why people try to escape from paying taxes. If taxes aren't paid, then how will the Government have money to repair roads, public transportation, water pipes and so on. To expect to get everything free and considering it slavery is not logical. There aren't any free lunches in this world  Roll Eyes

Smiley
legendary
Taxes are necessary and hence the Government enforces all to pay it but at the same time the income groups which fall in the category of income tax payers should be decided on appropriately. Some people are taxed at the same rate as those who earn over almost triple the amount as them which is why people try to escape from paying taxes. If taxes aren't paid, then how will the Government have money to repair roads, public transportation, water pipes and so on. To expect to get everything free and considering it slavery is not logical. There aren't any free lunches in this world  Roll Eyes

Are their not other taxes besides income that could pay for those.

The amount is not even in crores, it goes beyond that amount and what taxes we pay for water, property, road, electricity and so on may not be sufficient.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100

Are their not other taxes besides income that could pay for those.
legendary
legendary
Well, it is necessary if a country has to run smooth.

Taxation is slavery. It is slavery by the people who want the tax to exist, and slavery by government people who collect the tax, on people who don't want the tax, but are essentially forced by government to use government services so that it looks like they can be taxed legally.

If you like the tax, you also like enslaving people who don't want the tax.

In America, slavery is illegal, so taxation is illegal.

The reason that taxation seems legal in America is, the people have been tricked into telling government that they want the to be taxed, even though they don't. People don't realize how they have been tricked, so they go on paying the tax.

Listen to the first 2 or 3 calls on Angela Stark's Karl Lentz page to find out how to stop paying the income tax legally. http://www.myprivateaudio.com/Karl-Lentz.html

Smiley
Activity: 261
Because you need a mechanism to add money and a mechanism to remove money from the system. How can you remove money without a tax?
Activity: 336
have fun
Well, it is necessary if a country has to run smooth.
legendary
The power to tax is the power to destroy. I think income tax and property tax are just wrong. What do you think?

Roads, police, fire services?

ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

All road services could be paid on a voluntary basis. If you don't pay, you don't use.

With Bitcoin, the exact money you paid for road service could be shown as to which part of the road it was applied to, and in joint with which other Bitcoin money for that section of roadway if necessary.

Rights of way do not necessarily be needed to be proved up. They can be wilderness-like trails that are trodden down by the people who use them. People who didn't pay for the roads could use the rights of way. The roads would be elsewhere, purchased by the people who used them.

No tax necessary. Rather, product/service and purchase, with an exact showing of what you purchased.

All government could be set up this way. Taxes are not necessary.

Smiley
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
The similarity between slavery and taxes is that taxes are a modern form of slavery.
Also taxes discriminate against the poor, since the rich can afford to use every possible tax shelter.

Have to agree with that. But look at the raising number of people who are fleeing nations which are taxing them to death. But I agree that such an option is available only for the super-rich. For example, a majority of the wealthy French elite migrated to other nations after Hollande raised the income tax to 75%. Again, only the rich could afford.  Sad

They can only do that cause Britain & the City of London are a tax heaven, in some way. If the EU, the US, China, Russia, Japan etc. sat together and made sure the rich are taxed everywhere, it would help a lot. Of course they wont do that cause they are all bought by big business and big business likes the current system...

I am self-employed and I am furious that large corporations pay less taxes than my small "mom and pop" buiz. I should setup a LLC in a tax haven too. Costs less than 1000 Euros to do so.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
April 19, 2014, 10:14:11 PM
The similarity between slavery and taxes is that taxes are a modern form of slavery.
Also taxes discriminate against the poor, since the rich can afford to use every possible tax shelter.

Have to agree with that. But look at the raising number of people who are fleeing nations which are taxing them to death. But I agree that such an option is available only for the super-rich. For example, a majority of the wealthy French elite migrated to other nations after Hollande raised the income tax to 75%. Again, only the rich could afford.  Sad
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
April 19, 2014, 02:01:08 PM
People supported slavery too.

And when they talked about it, they always talked about the benefits...not the use of force against humans.
.....The difference between slavery and taxes is that not all people were directly affected by
slavery, it was discrimination towards a specific group of people.

Why is taxes a modern form of slavery? We're not forced to work without payment, which is what slavery was. It's just a stupid comparison made by hyper-liberals.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
March 25, 2014, 07:46:38 PM
People supported slavery too.

And when they talked about it, they always talked about the benefits...not the use of force against humans.
.....The difference between slavery and taxes is that not all people were directly affected by
slavery, it was discrimination towards a specific group of people.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
March 25, 2014, 07:39:49 PM
It's ok. Perhaps the way it's wasted is not ok, but non the less it's ok. If income tax were removed, then you probably would have a lower paycheck anyway.

Rofl. It reminds me of the first few minutes of this.
Pages:
Jump to: