Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? - page 10. (Read 1138 times)

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506
I think ethereum can't beat bitcoin, it's two different projects so the result will also be different. Because bitcoin price is so high so most people would prefer to have bitcoin than ethereum but ethereum will continue to be number 2 after bitcoin.
This is my thoughts ethereum cannot beat bitcoin maybe others saying it can overcome. Because ethereum also is the big cryptocurrency next to bitcoin. As we can see until this year bitcoin is the best crypto that users most invest in.
Activity: 1159
Merit: 19
Join the ride!
All cryptos together are a single market with market cap in fiat (or better to say purchase strength) based on the amount of people that want in or out at the current moment.
20% of real usage are topped with 80% speculative pricing just as with stock market.
Think of cryptos as about one big corporation worth 500B$.
100B$ is justified by usage and 400B$ is speculative cap based on corporation growth expectations.

Between different coins and tokens the market is shared.

Bitcoin - the BIG brand powered by media with technology behind that has no future.
Bitcoin is doomed to live on as a fork on a new technology.
The faster it happens the better for the whole market as Bitcoin sucks out billions $ for electricity and asics out of the crypto industry.

Ethereum - is less known in real world, but is deeply integrated in whole crypto market.
The work horse behind all tokens and it's price will grow as more people start to understand how everything works.

new tech - market growth and perspectives has attracted lots of devs.
First huge wave of 2017 were mostly teams that couldn't find funding on venture market or wanted to raise funds on hype.
2018 will be the year in which top teams step in that didn't have the need to hurry

My expectations are that BitCoin in it's current state won't remain #1
Even worth than that.
Top5 will be a race of new tech and Ethereum
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.

Eth is a totally different project. It is all about smart contracts, and is not a direct competitor for bitcoin.
If people say that they think Eth will overtake bitcoin in cap, then they mean they think smart contracts will be huge in the future and Eth will continue to lead the way as the biggest smart contract platform.
Personally I think there is a reasonable chance that Eth could become #1 in cap.
Yes its true.We all know that they have the same purpose but different transaction its because eth is a samrt contracts to all tokens a d especially to the requirements of airdrop.In bitcoin also we all know that is directed to fiat and it is the last step to make money as our huge income to grow.
Activity: 504
Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.
this is probably because the ETH has many smart contracts that are created and have many coin children and possibly could trigger an ETH price increase to go beyond the BTC price but I think it is highly unlikely.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
bitcoin has already problem with transaction fees and time ..ETH might be the next big thing
But I think that bitcoin is way too far away from ETH, so ETH to get out of bitcoin is probably going to take a few decades, in a few years it will not be possible for ETH to overcome bitcoin. The higher the bitcoin transaction cost, the more likely the planners will reconcile when they see fewer people coming to the bitcoin. This is my personal opinion.
Activity: 672
Merit: 10
I think ethereum can't beat bitcoin, it's two different projects so the result will also be different. Because bitcoin price is so high so most people would prefer to have bitcoin than ethereum but ethereum will continue to be number 2 after bitcoin.
Activity: 70
I think that bit coin is gold, and etherium is silver. The symbolism of the bit coin is very meaningful. Etherium is actively used by various ico.
Activity: 125
 bitcoin has already problem with transaction fees and time ..ETH might be the next big thing
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
Bitcoin has come a long way and the feat that bitcoin has achieve is undeniable. Bitcoin is more secure and the record of it block is permanent. Bitcoin will continue to be bitcoin and becime very valuable too. Ethereum is another cryptocurrency with different objective qnd I think both coin will keep bring more vakue to the wolrd of finance, investment and payment!
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

I think that eth will be number one coin. There is technology behind eth and it actually used by us everyday (ICOs,  smart contracts,  etc.).  Eth is superior than btc in technology and it constantly develops. Just compare eth and btc market caps. Eth should just grow twice and it will overcome btc.
It could happen during btc flat prices.
Btc is not the best today.
Activity: 443
I think because ethereum is stronger in keeping the price from falling too high and this will make people believe that ethereum can overcome bitcoin and of course I'm sure of it too.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
I doubt that, both have different directions, but both should survive. At the moment, you have to say ethereum has more challengers and challenges in 2018. But it should see its value increased steadily too. I bet ETC could outperform ETH in terms of percentage growth.
Activity: 812
Merit: 106
I do not like bitcoin as a crypto currency, it's too slow and expensive, it's a dinosaur that is supported only by traders and miners.
Activity: 532
https://www.empirehotels.io/
I think ETH will not exceed BITCOIN. because how ETH logging needs ETH and bitcoin is always the winner bitcoin. in the exchanger also most of the exchange is BTC than ETH.
Activity: 434
to be near at the shadow of bitcoin is true, but to overcome to bitcoin is not. although bitcoin is facing some issues now from the FUD news before, it doesnt mean that bitcoin will drop until the very last red. meaning bitcoin is in the top and still the king of all crypto more investors are holding or continue believing in bitcoin, so there are no possibilities that any of the altcoins can beat/overcome in bitcoin, it is all just a rumors.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
It's very simple, I think that people simply believe in the ETH project, because when a deep correction took place, people saw how ETH stuck to it and I think that the people's faith in this project supported the price of this project. But then of course everyone gave in to panic.
I am sure a lot of people always believe the only thing they hear and they end up not believing what they know. These are two great projects and I am not disputing that fact.

However, so many people are so closed to the world of having to look at the increase in value of a coin or token alone to make their decision on a particular coin without looking deeply into the core parts of the project that makes up the coin. Well, I cannot tell people what to believe or not, time will tell.
Activity: 57
And that's just a rumor. There's no sign that can be used as a measuring tool that ETH can overcome BTC. Ethereum is an alternative, so it means that bitcoin remains in front.
Activity: 714
Of course it will happen this year or the following year. Because ETH is very potential to compete or overcome Bitcoin. The use of ETH is now very much. Therefore ETH will likely compete with Bitcoin.
Activity: 336

I do not seem to agree if the ETH will go beyond bitcoin because we know the total supply of bitcoin and the total supply of ETH is more limited bitcoin if you know the harder it is to get the item is sure the price will be expensive.
Activity: 200
Merit: 1
Let's see it in this perspective, some months ago, 90% of all money invested in cryptocurrency was invested into Bitcoin.

Curiously, this number has dropped to somewhere around 45%. Conversely, Ethereum’s share of the total money invested has increased four times in size, making it approach the 30% area.

Another indicator showing that Ether can overcome Bitcoin can be found by looking at who’s backing each type of currency, as well as why they are backing said currency. Bitcoin’s focus on payment technology makes it popular with governments, such as Japan’s and China’s governments.

On the other hand, Ethereum’s smart contract technology makes corporations very interested in its real world applications. For example, a new coalition by the name of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) has sprung up with the explicit objective of facilitating and fostering the growth of the Ether.

The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance consists of more than 86 firms, including JP Morgan and Microsoft. The endorsement of Ether by such heavy hitters only goes to show the amount of potential in this technology.

Ether is capable of overcoming Bitcoin, however, it's not going to be an easy competition.
Pages:
Jump to: