Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? - page 14. (Read 1140 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 10
In my personal opinion because ETH given more benefits and advantages to the cryptocurrency community. Cause ETH, many starts ups can increasing their product and service through  and use smart contract of ETH to run ICO and collect money from investor and to make application and to make their product better.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.
Personally, I like ethereum technology and its smart contracts more than bitcoin technology.
But I doubt that the ethereum will overcome bitcoin. For me, bitcoin and ethereum like gold and silver. Everyone should know their place.
Activity: 406
Merit: 76
Crypto Lovers
I also think ETH may beat BITCOIN,
 reason ETH is used by lot of ico and ETH is more useful then bitcoin , ETH is fast and will be used by lot of people for lot of purpose.

if you compare ETH supply and BTC supply you will find that if eth and btc supply is same then eth is very near to BTC

Activity: 588
Merit: 128
Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.

These two are too far from each other to compare and this has been prove by so many times. Some people want eth to surpass bitcoin because they're holding more eth than bitcoin and aspiring that their coin will someday be a number one besides who doesn't want to get rich by their holdings? And for sure that even eth overcome the maŕket cap of bitcoin yet it will just stay in its position.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
it shouldn't matter if ethereum does become worth more than bitcoin. they only share one thing - the money on exchanges.

there's a million things you can do with ethereum that you can't with bitcoin. there's a million reasons why i wouldn't trust ethereum with any of my money long term.

they're different projects with different aims. it amazed me how few people can figure this out.

When people say this, I am sure the only thing that comes to their mind is the smart contract aspect of Ethereum, but who says Bitcoin cannot do that? Up till date, I still wonder what Ethereum can do, that Bitcoin cannot do, but I guess a lot of people always prefer to stick to what they want to believe without bothering to research further.

I would not blame most users of the community though, since virtually a lot of people have no knowledge about 'OMNI' which is a protocol that was built as a layer over bitcoin. I have shared some websites for your consumption.

http://www.omnilayer.org
https://news.bitcoin.com/omni-layer-advancing-bitcoin-2-0/
https://github.com/OmniLayer/spec

Edited: After reading this, please tell me something else better that Eth can do, which Bitcoin cannot do and please no one should come bombarding me with fast transactions; increasing block size is not a solution at all, and cryptokittens made that obviously clear.
EMV
Activity: 183
Ethereum really quite perspective cryptocurrency capable not just to leave as equals with bitcoin, but also in a long-term prespektiva to drive him out of the market in general.
copper member
Activity: 648
Merit: 159
Do not believe dude that ETH can beat bitcoin in the future
Bitcoin is the king and ETH is altcoin and the total supply is different too.
Even though Ethereum is an alt it can surpass bitcoin, i dont say it in term of price but in how it use in real life, as we see smartcontract ethereum have many real life use and how fast the transaction and the cheap fee he has.
Activity: 644
Etherium cant beat BTC price if you talking about money) Eth has unlimited supply and if it wants to be world computer it must be cheap as Buterin sad one time when it starts to grow very fast. BTC has limited supply and its purpose is money saving. Now with lighting it can be a payment means of payment. Ico booom will be finished in few years. And eth will be like fuel for tokens. But nobody likes expensive fuel and everybody loves when their gold is growing in price.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
Because bitcoin blockchain is old and slow.
Ethereum has faster transaction speed, larger network size and number of transactions per second is much better comparing with bitcoin. Also Ethereum transaction fees are much lower.
Activity: 406
homt.net
It's never possible. Cause people knowing very well about bitcoin. Its fully different from other coin.
All over alt coin depends/price rise and down by bitcoin. Everyone know that ETH can not touch the bitcoin.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
ETH is one of the strong altcoins, but still it has not enough strength to overcome bitcoin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 59
imagine me
There are many people who kept on comparing these two coins, why?, why don't you just enjoy their uses? Both of them are almost the same in technology, but the other one, came first and the other has more use.

If you heard of the flippening, ETH already surpassed BTC, not in marketcap but in the volume of transactions.

Even though ETH surpassed BTC in number of transactions, I will still value my BTC like gold as a store of value.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

everything we discussed is a prediction to be a bitcoin substitute. there is no definite measure of what they are discussing will be the truth. but that's why we are discussing the potential of eth that can be a better alternative than bitcoin.
Activity: 238
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
If the price exceeds bitcoin, then there is no possibility of it,because of the circulation of the ETH is far more than the bitcoin, but based on ETH ICO project more and more, if the ICO project success, for the consumption of the ETH will further increase, the increase of demand for the ETH, may cause the ETH the market value of more than BTC.
copper member
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
Ethereum has a lot more real-world use cases than Bitcoin. Ethereum, by being a platform and infrastructure means that a lot more can be done with it than with Bitcoin. For example, Ethereum has positioned itself as the platform on which other blockchain products can be launched. The sheer number of new cryptocurrencies and ICOs being launched on the Ethereum network is the proof of this. This translates into higher demand for Ethereum, thus higher price.
Activity: 70
Eth has a different perspective. It's in Smart Contract coins group , So Eth will rise, price will become more higher in 1-2 years.
Activity: 390
I may have to disagree for now regarding ETH to overcome bitcoin because if we will have to do comparison in the current market price value, ETH is still very far from BTC. I also happened to observed that for every percentage increase of ETH, it is usually halfway of the precentage increase of BTC. However, if will consider the comparsion in long term basis, there is a potential chance but too early for now that ETH might surpass BTC at this current state.
Activity: 295
They both have their good and bad things. I can see ETH being safely the 2nd best Crypto out there, but I think it will take time, even years for it to become bigger than Bitcoin, given all the crypto popularity of BTC. Its all speculation and rumors, but I do see a future on ETH.
Activity: 98
Do not believe dude that ETH can beat bitcoin in the future
Bitcoin is the king and ETH is altcoin and the total supply is different too.
I agree that these two currencies are completely different and attempts to equalize them do not make sense.
Activity: 238
And why not - if any Bitcoin cash could reach up to 4000, then the worse the powerful platform Ethereum, over which a serious team is working and where billions of dollars are invested.
Pages:
Jump to: