Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do you believe God exists? - page 27. (Read 7890 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 18, 2018, 10:44:44 AM
Arguably, even the best scientists cannot precisely predict what tomorrow holds for anybody. Meaning that there is a supernatural being who is in charge of the entire universe.

Just because people don't know something doesn't mean God exists.

To each to their own, but I'm of the opinion that no God exists - I use to be Orthodox Christian but I found myself questioning everything through puberty and finally became an atheist after failing to validate my religious beliefs.

If we were talking about this in 600BC we'd likely be referring to the Norse Gods like Odin or the Greek Gods.

Furthermore the Bible is full of graphic depictions of abuse and discrimination that should have no place in the modern era, along with multiple contradictory statements and although it makes an interesting novel, I must admit the ancient religions are more interesting to study.

If God exists and the Bible is true as written by the apostles of Jesus then it reasons to stand that God acted multiple times in fits of range by killing a plethora of innocent people. As it stands I could not support that God even if he did exist and would rather side with the castaway 'Morning Star'. That being said I'm prepared for the Gnostics and Biblical Allegorists to counter-attack  Wink

Yet you seem to barely consider what God is, at all! For example, imagine that you built a beautiful hous of cards. And you gave it over to your kids who could enjoy its beauty, etc. If they simply crashed it, wouldn't you be upset... and more if they called you name, and despised you rather than honoring youi?

Think of the great God, who went to the trouble of building this gigantic, complex, beautiful universe for us. And then went to all the trouble of building us so that we could recognize the beauty. You respect the cops with guns when they are in your neighborhood in force. And they don't put up with people who mouth off at them. Think of God, who is millions of times more sensitive to honor and name calling then cops are? And yet He puts up with many of us calling Him names and dishonoring Him.

The depictions in the Bible are depictions of what people are doing to other people all around the world right now. It disgusts God. But He knows that if He wants to find a few people to have a good relationship with, He is going to have to put up with a lot of abuse just to find them. The Bible is a record in that way. It isn't what God commands or desires.

If you can't simply take a look at the machine nature of the universe, and realize that machines have makers, you simply aren't looking hard enough.

Cool
Activity: 30
Merit: 7
August 18, 2018, 08:08:08 AM
Arguably, even the best scientists cannot precisely predict what tomorrow holds for anybody. Meaning that there is a supernatural being who is in charge of the entire universe.

Just because people don't know something doesn't mean God exists.

To each to their own, but I'm of the opinion that no God exists - I use to be Orthodox Christian but I found myself questioning everything through puberty and finally became an atheist after failing to validate my religious beliefs.

If we were talking about this in 600BC we'd likely be referring to the Norse Gods like Odin or the Greek Gods.

Furthermore the Bible is full of graphic depictions of abuse and discrimination that should have no place in the modern era, along with multiple contradictory statements and although it makes an interesting novel, I must admit the ancient religions are more interesting to study.

If God exists and the Bible is true as written by the apostles of Jesus then it reasons to stand that God acted multiple times in fits of range by killing a plethora of innocent people. As it stands I could not support that God even if he did exist and would rather side with the castaway 'Morning Star'. That being said I'm prepared for the Gnostics and Biblical Allegorists to counter-attack  Wink
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
August 12, 2018, 06:47:27 AM
The idea that something came from nothing is ludicrous. Science is based on the premise that everything comes from something. To think that something originated from absolutely nothing is unreasonable and illogical.
It would be ridiculous to look around us at all the intricacies and complexities of nature and deny the existence of a higher power and to say that all these things happened by random chance.

God made everything out of, what exactly?

Vibrations in nothing... empty space. You know that God spoke things into existence. You have read it in Genesis. God, being Who He is, speaks a bit differently that we do. His speaking creates vibrations in empty space, resulting in the energy vibrations that everything is made up of, in their sub-subatomic existence.

Part of hiding this knowledge from people, is turning the nothing of empty space into exactly that... nothing. In reality, the thing that we call nothing, or empty space, is an elastic solid through which the vibrations of everything that we are, has been transmitted and carried, by the speaking of God.

People of the past knew this, and called it the aether, even though they didn't know what the aether is. We simply claim that the aether doesn't exist, only because we can't seem to get a handle on it. Our science is so weak that it can't do much of anything, and so stupid that it sticks its head in a hole in the sand regarding the things it doesn't understand.

Cool

So basically, you fabricate some story about vibrations and how god made things without a single shred of evidence and then proceed to say, people know this, even though they don't. Our science is so weak but do not worry, I badecker, a god, know everything and I'll tell you all how it is.

Thanks god badecker, we can always count on your infinite knowledge!
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 10, 2018, 03:51:30 PM
Why does believing God exist?

I would say that Trust in God is a very logical belief. Conversely, if someone does not believe in God, it can be said that it is against reason.

This logical approach is based on the "self-evidence principle" or the principle of truth that does not need to be proven, such as a result of causality. We do not need to prove whether "causality" is a true principle, because this has become part of the general or "universal" thinking that is the basis of truth to apply to all other principles.

For example, we don't need to prove that the circle is round. There is no conflict between faith and reason. Many people say that faith must not be combined with philosophy or reason, it will be ambiguous and impure. This is a wrong opinion because faith and reason come from the same source. If both come from the same source, then the two cannot contradict each other.

Indeed reason can only reach a certain level. With reason, humans can prove that God exists, God is one, God is good and eternal, etc. But there are many things that might not be achieved by reason, but God needs to give His revelation to humans, such as Trinity, incarnation, sacrament, salvation, etc. That's when reason must cooperate with faith.

Faith without using reason will make someone too fanatical (fideism). Conversely, reason without faith will make people lead to things that are wrong and lost.

in short, I believe that God exists because I have reason and faith.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
August 10, 2018, 01:08:13 PM
All of the atheistic scientist cannot even explain exactly how the world began.There are so many loopholes about the creation theories especially on how things started from organism to another. Until now, no one can prove who created the organism which began to evolve to another organism. Still, the gap lead us back to the Bible.

That's just ignorant... Science has explained all of this... have you seriously looked?

Even if science didn't have an answer, that doesn't mean god did it... and which god?  How do you know there is only one god?  Is there any evidence at all that points to a god, or gods, or a specific god?  I seriously have not found anything where god is a legitimate explanation
Activity: 78
August 08, 2018, 02:45:28 PM
For people who struggle whether a God exists or not asks yourself these questions:

- How did the first human beings get here on planet earth?
- How did planet earth come to be in the first place?
- How did the universe come to be?

I cannot find any believable answers to these questions, which makes it simple to me to believe there is a God.
legendary
August 08, 2018, 01:29:27 PM
The idea that something came from nothing is ludicrous. Science is based on the premise that everything comes from something. To think that something originated from absolutely nothing is unreasonable and illogical.
It would be ridiculous to look around us at all the intricacies and complexities of nature and deny the existence of a higher power and to say that all these things happened by random chance.

Vibrations in nothing... empty space. You know that God spoke things into existence. You have read it in Genesis. God, being Who He is, speaks a bit differently that we do. His speaking creates vibrations in empty space, resulting in the energy vibrations that everything is made up of, in their sub-subatomic existence.

Part of hiding this knowledge from people, is turning the nothing of empty space into exactly that... nothing. In reality, the thing that we call nothing, or empty space, is an elastic solid through which the vibrations of everything that we are, has been transmitted and carried, by the speaking of God.

People of the past knew this, and called it the aether, even though they didn't know what the aether is. We simply claim that the aether doesn't exist, only because we can't seem to get a handle on it. Our science is so weak that it can't do much of anything, and so stupid that it sticks its head in a hole in the sand regarding the things it doesn't understand.

Cool
August 08, 2018, 11:59:57 AM

Activity: 574
Merit: 108
August 02, 2018, 06:48:57 PM
I believe the God exist not because my family told me to do so; not because my friends encourage me to believe such; and not because religions taught me to do so; but because I've experience how powerful and great He is. I believe that we are all creations and creation cannot be created without its creator --- and that creator I think is the God. Moreover, I believe in the hierarchy and there is more powerful that the 'most powerful' and that is God. Furthermore, I believe the He, as the omnipotent, omnipreset, and omniscient being, He is also the alpha and omega and the uncausable cause.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 332
DMs have been disabled. I am busy.
July 19, 2018, 03:50:46 PM
Alright guys, let's get this back on track. So far I've had a lot of blabbering, and no real rationale behind beliefs.

I want you to explain to me WHY you believe in God despite the evidence presented in OP.
Activity: 84
Merit: 8
April 13, 2018, 09:43:29 PM
I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.

JUST FAITH !
For me because He exists and He sent His son to die on the cross and was raised to sit at the Father’s right hand to save me, and intercede for me in this life leading and directing my path and one day taking me home to spend eternity with HIM.

God exists and coming to faith in Him provides us with strength to live in this broken world and yet live out a purpose designed by Him and walk through our heartaches and challenges along the way, and give us hope that one day this will end and we will live forever in a place whether there is no sorrow or death or pain or sin.

I am including some links I pray you will read and discover as I have that living out my faith in God is the only way to live a life worth living and the hope it gives us for tomorrow.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
April 13, 2018, 09:09:20 PM
I really believe in God because how universe created if there's no such a Creator until now Science can explain this they are only have theories about this. I do believe that God created all of this with purpose and you don't have to see just to believe even though God didn't visible with our naked eye we can feel his presence inside our heart you just have to faith and believe.
April 13, 2018, 07:22:45 PM
I'm a Scientist, have been for most of my life. I have NEVER believed in a supreme being, despite going to Catholic schools my entire life.

I'd like to know.... What is it that compels you to believe in God? How can you argue for his existence? Please bare the following in mind when you answer;

1. There are literally thousands of religions, each of which has members that believe just as firmly as you do, they say they feel a personal connection with God, they have their own religious books and doctrines etc, if you were born in Saudi Arabia, you would be a muslim, in Ireland you would be a protestant, seems like the place you are born denotes your religion, rather than divine intervention. Obviously you can't all be right, so how do you know YOU are.

2. Most religions state that God is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving, all-present and eternal. If this is the case, why are people punished for sins by an all loving God, who predestined them to commit their sins by knowing the future? Why is there bone cancer in Children, and insects that burrow into the eyes of infants making them blind, could an all loving God not have imagined a reality without this? And why is there such overwhelming evidence AGAINST the existence of a creator?

3. Since the scientific era God has slowly receded into the shadows, God used to be held responsible for most things, e.g. people offered sacrifices for good health, prayed for rain, thought that God pulled the sun across the sky, created plagues etc. Now we know he does none of these, and God has been reduced to a "God of the gaps" whereby he is still attributed to things we cannot yet explain with science, doesn't seem very powerful anymore.

I'll try to respond to the major points in this thread attempting to dismantle them.

I do believe that God exist, without Him we are nothing,
but religion,science, philosophy, money, good deeds, and good works can't give salvation. Just believe that Jesus is the Christ because He is the Only way to meet God. If you will observe this world there's many problem because of satan, sin and people are separated from God. John 3;16 For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believe in Him shall not perish but have Eternal life. 

Yes that is true. God created the world and all that is in the world including mankind. No one can ever do that because there is only one God,  the most powerful God. No words can contain Him. The Bible is the proof and basis of everything. You only need to believe even if you do not see Him. Even the end of the world is written in there,  the coming of the anti christ and the second coming of the Lord.

How do you know the real god is not Zeus or Allah? How is the Bible, a book, proof of anything? Is the Harry potter book proof that harry potter exists? Why would I believe in something just for the sake of it. People have been saying that the second coming is near for thousands of years.

People say lots of stuff. The Bible says that the second coming is soon. If the second coming doesn't happen for 10 million years, yet, it will be soon. How can that be? If you live over 100 years, it won't be much over. The next thing you will see after you die out of your short life, is Jesus coming in the clouds, and calling you out of the grave. One hundred years isn't long in the scheme of time. He is coming soon. He is coming for you soon.

Cool

You mean Zeus, not jesus.
legendary
April 13, 2018, 05:49:25 PM

but religion,science, philosophy, money, good deeds, and good works can't give salvation. Just believe that Jesus is the Christ because He is the Only way to meet God. If you will observe this world there's many problem because of satan, sin and people are separated from God. John 3;16 For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believe in Him shall not perish but have Eternal life. 

Yes that is true. God created the world and all that is in the world including mankind. No one can ever do that because there is only one God,  the most powerful God. No words can contain Him. The Bible is the proof and basis of everything. You only need to believe even if you do not see Him. Even the end of the world is written in there,  the coming of the anti christ and the second coming of the Lord.

How do you know the real god is not Zeus or Allah? How is the Bible, a book, proof of anything? Is the Harry potter book proof that harry potter exists? Why would I believe in something just for the sake of it. People have been saying that the second coming is near for thousands of years.

People say lots of stuff. The Bible says that the second coming is soon. If the second coming doesn't happen for 10 million years, yet, it will be soon. How can that be? If you live over 100 years, it won't be much over. The next thing you will see after you die out of your short life, is Jesus coming in the clouds, and calling you out of the grave. One hundred years isn't long in the scheme of time. He is coming soon. He is coming for you soon.

Cool
April 13, 2018, 11:21:21 AM

April 13, 2018, 11:20:13 AM
Science is not everything. Science doesnt have the explanations to all things. How can you expect science to explain and understand if indeed God is the creator of the universe? How big is the universe? Science is made up of tiny brain of human being and how do you think a tiny dot of brain can contain the maker of the universe? It is like putting the whole ocean into a drinking glass container. A carnal mind will never understand spiritual matters. Science say to see is to believe, spiritual says believe and you will see.

Why do you trust religion to answer those questions?
Is it even answerable by science?

I don't know, that's not the point is it? You are saying science doesn't have all the answers which is true but why do you believe religion has the answers? You didn't answer my question.
Activity: 104
Merit: 1
April 13, 2018, 10:13:00 AM

Activity: 95
April 13, 2018, 09:59:27 AM
We need not to question God about the sins, diseases and other things that makes our lives miserable.  For some reason it hapened to us because we did somwthing in the past or it was transferred to us by our parents or relatives.  I believe in God because I am His creation.  Everything that we see, someone created that right?  So God created us.  I believe in Him because He is the reason why I am still alive.  All the beautiful things we see are from Him.

I do believe in God coz without him we are nothing. God exist in so many ways, he give us everything and it depends on us on how we embrace his kindness. Everything is possible in his name, as Long as you are doing righteous.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1153
April 13, 2018, 08:57:57 AM
Science is not everything. Science doesnt have the explanations to all things. How can you expect science to explain and understand if indeed God is the creator of the universe? How big is the universe? Science is made up of tiny brain of human being and how do you think a tiny dot of brain can contain the maker of the universe? It is like putting the whole ocean into a drinking glass container. A carnal mind will never understand spiritual matters. Science say to see is to believe, spiritual says believe and you will see.

Is it even answerable by science?
April 12, 2018, 06:57:22 PM

Pages:
Jump to: