Pages:
Author

Topic: Why does MEW usually have trouble? - page 3. (Read 941 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 10
September 08, 2018, 02:04:06 PM
Why does MEW usually have trouble? Because of so many users, aren't there?
What trouble are you referring too?. I've been using Mew for more than eight months now and all of my valuable tokens are stored. I haven't encountered any problem using mew or accessing my wallet. It's one of the best and easy to use erc20 wallet.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
September 08, 2018, 01:55:25 PM
I have no problems with MEW wallet. I think, the problem is not in MEW, but it is in the users themselves. We (user's) need to pay attention to all the factors that can cause us trouble.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
September 08, 2018, 12:38:28 PM
If you are talking about the attempts to hack the users’ wallets. I feel that it is not the problem of MEW, it is due to the popularity of MEW. The hackers would have gain access to plenty of people wallets and this make MEW a target of hacking.
Activity: 504
YOUC | John McAfee Supports
September 08, 2018, 12:29:49 PM

It is because MEW is very easy to use, so many peoples use it. But for security, MEW is not the best wallet.
MEW is the simplest wallet, the security is simple too. It is not the MEW bad, but additional security may needed for the wallet.
If you want more secure wallet, you may use other wallet although it is not simple to use like MEW.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
September 08, 2018, 11:44:28 AM

ask your question more specifically. wallets build on blockchain not on databases unless you enter your private key into a pishing website
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
September 08, 2018, 11:31:44 AM
I do not know what you are talking about. I have no problem with MEW wallets and you have to keep in mind that it's just a shell software for Ethereum blockchain, so if you are faced with delays in transactions it's not MEW, it's eth blockchain .
Activity: 749
Merit: 13
September 08, 2018, 07:03:15 AM
What do you mean with "trouble" ? some people got hacked or cant acces the wallet ? If its about being hacket i think the main reason is the people who not very careful and if its about cant acces i think because overloaded.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
September 07, 2018, 07:13:04 AM
Though I do not really know the kind of trouble you are talking about or the problem you have with the wallet because since I have been using the wallet, I have not really had problem with but in terms of congestion, it is because of the high number of users and when you are using the wallet, be very careful to keep your private key and avoid clicking on just any phishing link you come across.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
September 07, 2018, 07:10:05 AM

MEW has no problem, if you think about hacking, this is not from MEW!
It is from the part of the owner of the wallet for not taking care of the private keys.
If you are asking about the transfer speed it is not on the part of the MEW it is on the blockchain.
Activity: 196
September 07, 2018, 07:07:55 AM
Uhmmm... I have been using myetherwallet for quite some time, and I have never had issues with it. I don't know why you are having issues with yours, but it has never been like that for me. Maybe clear your browser, and free up some space on your phone, before opening the page again, and see how it goes. Hopefully, it doesn't give you all that trouble again.
Activity: 78
September 05, 2018, 06:29:21 AM
I think all newbie has trouble because some of the crypto currency bounty are scam and newbie can't recognize or difrentiate between good one and scam one
Activity: 133
Merit: 101
Res Et Non Verbum
September 05, 2018, 06:24:14 AM
I do not know what your problems are, but I never had any problems with this purse. It's possible that your computer is poorly protected.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
September 05, 2018, 06:09:21 AM
I use MEW for over a year and there were no problems with it, probably people have problems with viruses on computers as a result of which they lose money.
Activity: 227
September 04, 2018, 10:38:45 AM
The most common trouble occurring on MEW is the visibility of token on the balances panel. This is sometimes because the tokens that are being registered/added to MEW have wrong token address or error on the main token itself.  If you're referring to the total time (delay) before your transaction is picked and processed, this is because of the gas fees and many traders are transferring to and from MEW.  Grin
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
September 04, 2018, 10:10:00 AM
Because this is a very popular project that is constantly used, I think that this is normal, because in this way, through constant use, people begin to understand where it is possible to do something better.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
September 04, 2018, 10:08:27 AM
the traffic and congestion of network i its normal, because thats the sign of a healthy platform system of ethereum. i think you're pointing on the "unable to locate transactions" displaying when sending. i think that problem is your gas limit settings. because gas price is high and low. 
Activity: 89
September 04, 2018, 09:30:00 AM
Hello, in my opinion issues with MEW are largely due to human error. I do not think MEW is really set up for use by a fresh crypto novice, yet there is plenty of training available on their website. And external factors like viruses and dns attack’s are hard to control. So folks need to be careful, just like all things crypto. My best advice is to be smart with how private keys are entered into MEW. A hardware wallet is the best way to use MEW. For me, I tend to use a mobile wallet app for very small amounts and value of tokens and ETH. Otherwise I’d suggest a hardware wallet. Cheers.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
September 04, 2018, 09:24:40 AM
I fully agree that the use of Myetherwallet in stand-alone mode and authorization with the help of Metamask is a 100% security guarantee. I have been using Myetherwallet for a year and have never had any trouble with the translation of tokens. And those users who have problems using Myetherwallet, I advise you to check your computer well, for sure you will find there the source of your problems.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
September 04, 2018, 09:11:42 AM
If you are worried so much about phishing, just try downloading the MEW. I have seen this tutorial here in the forum but seem not followed by these newbies which is why they end up a victim of phishing.

visit https://www.myetherwallet.com/
down the page there is a link to Github: Latest Release
download the latest release etherwallet-v3.21.22.zip, extract it and then just drag/open the index.html to your browser inside the folder of the etherwallet

this means using the etherwallet offline.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
September 04, 2018, 09:01:37 AM
We are aware that MEW is prone to phishing and most of the time people are scammed having been careless with their private keys however my advice for tokens hodlers is to always use etheplorer to check the status of their tokens rather logging to their MEW frequently to avoid hacking of their accounts using keyloggers by hackers.
I have never faced problems on this wallet. Always fast to load and all transactions are also fast. I don't know, but maybe there's something wrong with the number of users. But you always check the website address.
Pages:
Jump to: