Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Doge coin is bad - page 29. (Read 171473 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
April 29, 2014, 04:33:58 PM
Why Yes, why not?
I was mining dogecoin and I earn a lot's of BTC  Smiley
There is a difference between supporting and mining the coin.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
April 29, 2014, 04:21:02 PM
its a clone coin with a dog meme attached to it, advertised by bag holders all over..  fact.
if that doesn't tell ya all you need to know something is wrong with you guys..

There are many kids in the cryptoworld and unfortnately, it's something a business can't ignore.
The music industry makes much money with Justin Bieber and the cryptocoin industry makes muck money with doge and probably kids who support doge, aslo support Justin Bieber  Roll Eyes
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
April 29, 2014, 02:53:06 PM
Why Yes, why not?
I was mining dogecoin and I earn a lot's of BTC  Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 29, 2014, 01:58:44 PM
its a clone coin with a dog meme attached to it, advertised by bag holders all over..  fact.

You can pretty much say that about any alt coin, what's your point?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Stand on the shoulders of giants
April 29, 2014, 12:01:23 PM
I was on r/dogecoin - it is nothing but impressive. these guys share a common belief of generosity and probably even of humanity. I am pretty sure this project is here to stay.

Back in 2011 I worked on a scientific paper on memes, even though they are normally short living, doge and dogecoin are now even more than a meme. When you visit the channel they are more like a cultural movement formed around fun and genoristy. It is probably even more a community with common beliefs than the bitcoiners.

Disclaimer: I hold, compared to my overall cryptos, a very tiny amount of doge.

they're memes because it's hard to kill then ... not exactly the internet meme ... but memes in general ...

Starting with the simple tale of an ant, philosopher Dan Dennett unleashes a devastating salvo of ideas, making a powerful case for the existence of memes — concepts that are literally alive.

This talk was presented at an official TED conference, and was featured by our editors on the home page.

http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_dennett_on_dangerous_memes?language=en
Activity: 238
Stand on the shoulders of giants
April 29, 2014, 11:57:07 AM
Doge has reinvested doge in marketing and charity ... I don't know about others alts.. pump-dump ? what they do ?

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
April 29, 2014, 11:46:08 AM
I was on r/dogecoin - it is nothing but impressive. these guys share a common belief of generosity and probably even of humanity. I am pretty sure this project is here to stay.

Back in 2011 I worked on a scientific paper on memes, even though they are normally short living, doge and dogecoin are now even more than a meme. When you visit the channel they are more like a cultural movement formed around fun and genoristy. It is probably even more a community with common beliefs than the bitcoiners.

Disclaimer: I hold, compared to my overall cryptos, a very tiny amount of doge.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 28, 2014, 06:41:11 PM
"Dogecoin" is a joke and a fairly useless currency as it doesn't add any innovative features. However, the community that has formed around it has convinced me that it is one of the most important crypto-currencies that exist right now. A lot of people might not have been interested in Bitcoin if it wasn't for Dogecoin.

Why does a crypto coin have to add innovative features to be valid?

My $.02.

Wink
Activity: 185
April 28, 2014, 06:10:30 PM
"Dogecoin" is a joke and a fairly useless currency as it doesn't add any innovative features. However, the community that has formed around it has convinced me that it is one of the most important crypto-currencies that exist right now. A lot of people might not have been interested in Bitcoin if it wasn't for Dogecoin.
legendary
Terminated.
April 28, 2014, 05:44:53 PM

Ima makin' money with Doge and for now that is pretty much all I need to know but thank you for your kind concern.

My $.02.

Wink
Exactly. As a miner I don't really care if the coin is good or not (in terms of profiting).
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
April 28, 2014, 05:29:07 PM

Well you are right Smiley But as well it is something amazing Smiley isn't? Just have a look at Dogecoin community Smiley

Those guys are pretty amazing! Smiley

To the moon!
April 28, 2014, 05:27:04 PM

Ima makin' money with Doge and for now that is pretty much all I need to know but thank you for your kind concern.

My $.02.

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
April 28, 2014, 05:04:53 PM
legendary
Terminated.
April 28, 2014, 05:03:03 PM
Don't or he will 'bekom fet'  Cheesy.

Not only that but did you know that such innocuous foods as onions and grapes can kill your dog because they will both cause kidney failure or serious anemia in dogs?

Not My $.02.

Fact.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/foods-are-hazardous-dogs

Wink

Actually I did know, not about those 2 specific , but I did. People should care what they feed their 'doge' with.  Cheesy
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
April 28, 2014, 04:54:21 PM
The argument to accept or reject alt coins and if they have a place will continue.  However, of all of the alt coins that exist I believe that dogecoin has provided excellent exposure for the virtual currency marketplace as a whole.  The price point allows the general public to check it out without a lot of risk and begin to experience the basic fundamentals and advantages that virtual currencies provide.

That is a good thing for everybody.  The marketing they are doing for the community is great!

http://i.imgur.com/Mg0mguI.jpg
April 28, 2014, 04:35:02 PM
This goes on:

I'm not sure if this is funny or actually sad.

It is true though.

I rarely give my dogs any kind of traditional human foods as many are bad for them.

My $.02.

Wink

Not only that but did you know that such innocuous foods as onions and grapes can kill your dog because they will both cause kidney failure or serious anemia in dogs?

Not My $.02.

Fact.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/foods-are-hazardous-dogs

Wink

legendary
Terminated.
April 28, 2014, 04:07:02 PM
This goes on:

It is true though.

I rarely give my dogs any kind of traditional human foods as many are bad for them.

My $.02.

Wink
April 28, 2014, 04:04:36 PM
Oh, I am so glad that you posted that one!

I was afraid that I would have shut off all my Dogecoin miners!

LOL!

My $.02.

Wink
This goes on:

It is true though.

My $.02.

Wink
Activity: 542
April 28, 2014, 04:04:30 PM
Dogecoin was my first foray into cryptocurrencies. It bought me a couple graphics cards which I couldn't have afforded on my own, and introduced me to other cryptocurencies and trading which has helped me learn about finance and investing. Hell, its even helped me to stop drinking since I make much better trading decisions while sober then on the bottle. I've made about 3 BTC with DOGE and now have a pretty decent portfolio for a small time miner.

Most of all DOGE has given me a great hobby which reinvigorated my interest in all things technical and that for me is priceless.
legendary
Terminated.
April 28, 2014, 04:02:51 PM
Oh, I am so glad that you posted that one!

I was afraid that I would have shut off all my Dogecoin miners!

LOL!

My $.02.

Wink
This goes on:

Pages:
Jump to: