Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is bitcoin the most popular cryptocurrency? - page 97. (Read 20686 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Content| Press Releases | Articles | Strategy
Even with the fork oncoming Bitcoin will remain number 1 because of the simple fact that bitcoin was the reason Blockchain was born.  It will grow beyond our wildest dreams no matter what the naysayers say.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
I believe that they're popular mainly because well it was the first of all cryptocurrencies to be made. Honestly most of the other coins are scams and greedy ways that the developers make money. The only other coin I can think of that isn't a scam are dogecoins! What do you think?
Well if you'll think of it that ay, bitcoin is popular because it's been the oldest of all crypto coin so it is only normal that most community have already known it which makes it that popular which unlike  other coin that has only been released  like a year or two. There is ETH which is showing potential to be popular yet it is not a coin.
Bitcoin provides a lot of opportunity to both young and adults in the community so it is only normal for people to spread word about something where they can all benefit.
Being the first ever bitcoin the sets a name and a value a market bitcoin is the most preferable cryto-currency to used. And as the days goes by bitcoin can adopt the changes and developments of the technology brought by the inevitable power of progress meaning to say that bitcoin was the developing each day on its transaction, value , price and security. Making bitcoin as the number one priority or choice of people to use on a mode of transaction through the web as crypto. And also the support given by people can help on bitcoin decentralization and development.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Bitcoin has its own history and technology.
Activity: 382
It's the original, the most valuable, has the longest history and has had a meteoric rise
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
I believe that they're popular mainly because well it was the first of all cryptocurrencies to be made. Honestly most of the other coins are scams and greedy ways that the developers make money. The only other coin I can think of that isn't a scam are dogecoins! What do you think?
Yea that's basically your answer right there. You just gave it yourself. Satoshi was the first to come up with the bloclchain technology and implement it the way he did. The other coins are less popular just because they're in the shadow of bitcoin. Today ethereum is gaining a little bit of popularity (mainstream wise obviously).
Activity: 2352
Merit: 905
OP you have already wrote answer on this question in your thread. But I want to add that before bitcoin there were ideas of crypto currencies and it's not main reason of bitcoin's popularity. Bitcoin is trusted and isn't manipulated from thierd parties (stilll everyonr fights for it's control but no one is able to gain more than 50% control on it unlike other altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
Because it's the oldest/original cryptocurrency and has wider usage?
However other crypto will one day become as popular.
No bitcoin is the only original system and that is the reason it has gained this much big popularity.
There will be almost zero possibilities for other crypotocurrencies to imitate bitcoin like popularity. Because any one could launch a new coin system and in near future, all of them will get dumped and bitcoin is alone going to stay with us for ever.
Activity: 389

My opinion it is the most popular coin cause
-it was the first of its kind (like you have said)
-all other coins based on BTC
-The price jumping of BTC make it good for investments/trading/projects etc
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Bitcoin is digital currency and future fiat order. Bitcoin is very popular cryptocurrency othe altcoin. It became more popular  day  by day and it's price getting higher.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 402
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
Because it's the oldest/original cryptocurrency and has wider usage?
However other crypto will one day become as popular.
Activity: 378
Merit: 111
Honestly not all people know about bitcoin some just heard it but didn't know any information about bitcoin. So bitcoin is not the most popular currency in the world because it is not well known, only people who used bitcoin have know all about bitcoin.
Activity: 658
Merit: 254
For campaign management, please pm me.
What makes you think that dogecoin is the only coin that isn't a scam? There are alot of coin out there have been in a great run with other crypto.
Bitcoin is popular because it is the first to be created and initiate an opportunity for other coin to open. It is decentralized and stays on top. It has the highest price and most alternative coin depend on its value.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Because all crypto currency depends on bitcoin.

Correct, that is the thing I've noticed, when the price of bitcoin is in the DUMP state, the Altcoins price is PUMPING, and if it is the other way around, when bitcoin's price is PUMPING the Altcoins price is in the DUMP state, and I think bitcoin is popular because of its price, that is why bitcoin is attracting more buyers and investor, also the users.
Activity: 300
Merit: 12
As the OP, bitcoin is a pioneer of cryptocurrency. But i don't know why he thought that other coins are scam. Maybe he dunno some well-know altcoin such as Etherium, lite, dash. He only trust dogecoin lol:->
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
bitcoin still popular mainly because first mover and natural growth.. alot of alts are just PnD controlled by a few of people especially POS coins
Activity: 196
Bitcoin is popular not only since it is pioneer in crypto currency,but also its decentralized nature due to which it is still uncontrolled by any governments and since ot works on an unmatchable secured block chain system.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

I think that other altcoins are also important for bitcoin success, many people are involved in trading this days. How many exchange sites there is now, more then ever before for sure. Except that bitcoin created many rich people, others found a nice source of income, hobby for earning money from home like a side job, in today's times having money is a need, and all of us are looking for good source on income, bitcoin can provide that for us and with so many possibilities here we are entertained and wr earn thats why bitcoin is most popular cryptocurrency. After so many years, this year we saw legalization of bitcoin in several countries, that is one more reason why bitcoin is popular, everyone is talking about bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 463
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Bitcoin has been a great opportunities for everyone that has come across it,who has become miner and has earned from it. Bitcoin has been the first and the head of all the cryptocurrency which has ever existed. The main of its popularity has to do with the coins I.e currency attached, this will ever popularize BTC
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Many AltCoins aren't scams... They are just projects that failed, but I believe the intention of their creators wasn't to scam the adopters, they want to make their coins increase its price, they want to see people adopting it, they put some different features on their coins which make them a bit different from Bitcoin, but people don't buy it... It's not their fault at all.

But I must agree there are many other AltCoins that are created with the solely purpose to scam investors.

About Bitcoin, you know why it's the most popular Crypto-Currency as you already said on your post. It was the first Crypto-Currency to be created and all the others that come later were somehow a clone of Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: