Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people are still buying BTC? - page 54. (Read 13694 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 101
June 04, 2018, 05:20:00 PM
Hello guys,

To me, it seems pretty strange that people actually continues buying btc now...
I understood why they wanted to invest in btc before, after the Chyprus crisis, and all the articles in the media. But now?

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

The only possible reason I see people are buying btc is that they (truly) believe that the price will increase, and want to make more profit. I think that 99.99 % of the bitcoins exchanged are never withdrawn from the exchangers, and the people are only waiting to make some profits. What makes them believe that the price will rise? Because the amount of bitcoins is limited? Because lost coins can never be recovered? I have no clue.

An other problem is the "mining" part. Soon, the difficulty will increase, CPU and GPU mining will be useless. People will stop mining bitcoins and try LTC or something easy to get... The interest in btc will decrease.

Other issues:
- security. Not a single company was able to provide a "professional" service. Bitcoin-24 has a serious problem ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-24com-matching-engine-seems-broken-site-down-174600 ). Even mtgox was critized for the lags, problems with missing coins, money, delay, and so on ... The hacks are countless (you can see new topics about that every day ...).

I can't see anything positive about btc, and still can't get why people are buying it. Can any captain obvious explains? Thanks.
People are still buying bitcoin because they see the good future awaits with bitcoin. They believe of the good profit and see also the good features bitcoin have. And also due to the popularity of bitcoin nowadays people tend to buy it.
Activity: 103
Merit: 1
Globalcurrency -100% backed by gold
June 04, 2018, 04:47:50 PM
You've got some point. Yet I could agree when fellow forum members would say there are too many ways you can use bitcoin. It maybe for investments or just any simple money transfer. For so many varied reasons people come and go. You cannot blame them for showing interest on it even if you think there are other cheaper methods or services doing just the same. It is their choice and are old enough to know possibilities. Profitable or not tooany are still happy about it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
June 04, 2018, 04:14:47 PM
because they believe that bitcoin will be the first digital currency used in the world so they are still buying bitcoin, and I think it's very evident that bitcoin is a very profitable livelihood though it has not been validated worldwide but bitcoin is increasingly recognized worldwide.
Activity: 161
Merit: 10
June 04, 2018, 03:58:11 PM
People are still buying BTC because they believe in the development of this market. And for those who have learned a lot about blockchain technology, they will have a good view of this market.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 04, 2018, 02:48:47 PM
Hello guys,

I understood why they wanted to invest in btc before, after the Chyprus crisis, and all the articles in the media. But now?

I don't get it.

Bitcoin is useless, and will most likely never be used as a currency. I spent hours trying to get my first bitcoins (satoshi actually), and after working for ages, I only got 0.002 btc, which does not even allow me to proceed to a transaction (the fees are higherthan that amount  Roll Eyes ). When you compare it with CC or paypal, it seems that they are free to use in comparison! Not to mention the time required to actually proceed to a transaction which can be anything between 1 minute and ... 1 year (or more?).

The only possible reason I see people are buying btc is that they (truly) believe that the price will increase, and want to make more profit. I think that 99.99 % of the bitcoins exchanged are never withdrawn from the exchangers, and the people are only waiting to make some profits. What makes them believe that the price will rise? Because the amount of bitcoins is limited? Because lost coins can never be recovered? I have no clue.

An other problem is the "mining" part. Soon, the difficulty will increase, CPU and GPU mining will be useless. People will stop mining bitcoins and try LTC or something easy to get... The interest in btc will decrease.

Other issues:
- security. Not a single company was able to provide a "professional" service. Bitcoin-24 has a serious problem ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-24com-matching-engine-seems-broken-site-down-174600 ). Even mtgox was critized for the lags, problems with missing coins, money, delay, and so on ... The hacks are countless (you can see new topics about that every day ...).

I can't see anything positive about btc, and still can't get why people are buying it. Can any captain obvious explains? Thanks.
Their hopes and belief are the thing that binds them from buying still bitcoin wherein amidst all the crisis and the pumps, they still chose to believe and be patient till something good happens to bitcoin again. That may sound stupid but they will be the one to gain benefit and advantage if ever bitcoin would really end up recovering soon.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
June 04, 2018, 02:33:39 PM
Every people in our world want to profit from their investment .it may be long time or short time .Bitcoin market Decracing or increasing  people with in the bitcoin .

My thinking is view that people has much confidence on bitcoin.In nearest future we will buy all kinds of our basic products and service through bitcoin.This kinds of positive thinking ,people are interesting to buy btc.
Activity: 5
June 04, 2018, 01:35:41 PM
With the rising price has come rising awareness and media attention. On the day bitcoin first hit $10,000, the Financial Timesput the cryptocurrency on its front page, citing its 850 per cent increase in value since January. The $10,000 threshold doesn’t mean much in itself, says neuroeconomist Benedetto De Martino, but humans tend to place a lot of significance on certain round numbers. “We have this kind of general feeling with numbers, when you cross one threshold it starts to feel like a completely different thing,” he says.
Activity: 4
June 04, 2018, 01:28:32 PM
For example, "If you buy something [like] a farm, an apartment house or an interest in a business and look to the asset itself to determine whether you've done something — what the farm produces, what the business earns ... it's a perfectly satisfactory investment," Buffett explains to Yahoo Finance. "You look at the investment itself to deliver the return to you.
Activity: 5
June 04, 2018, 01:13:14 PM
When it comes to bitcoin, billionaire investor Warren Buffett wants to make one thing clear: Unlike buying stocks, bonds or real estate, buying bitcoin is not an investment.
Activity: 6
June 04, 2018, 01:04:07 PM
I usually go usd to litecoin, ltc to exchanges, then on the exchange either switch ltc to the exchange coin (bnb for binance, or kcs for kucoin) or if the pairs arent there, ltc to btc on the exchange. Gets money to the exchanges faster and the trading fees are much cheaper than the tx fee from btc.
Activity: 6
June 04, 2018, 12:51:19 PM
This is a typical product adoption curve. The first ones to use something are the innovators, then come the early adopters. By the time the early majority have bought in, you’ve got a significant percentage of the population. Then you start to get the people that are the more reluctant adopters of new products.
Activity: 3
June 04, 2018, 12:46:38 PM
The idea that Times Square would be home to some of the most expensive real estate in the USA was absurd, until it wasn’t. The idea that some two-bit hamburger stand could become a billion dollar worldwide empire was absurd, until it wasn’t. The idea that some teenage college dropout with an arrest record would change the world (and become one of its wealthiest persons) was absurd, until it wasn’t.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
June 04, 2018, 11:29:55 AM
You buy something if you think that you will receive some value for it Smiley
So, either people buy bitcoin as investment, or for trading or to buy something, they see some value in btc and they are ready to offer money in order to get it.
If people don't believe in something, they will not buy it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
June 04, 2018, 10:58:21 AM
because they are trading, and they have their own speculation on the Bitcoin market, so they are still buying Bitcoin for their balance and trading.
Activity: 65
June 04, 2018, 10:15:13 AM
Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

Well, why would. First and foremost they do have the faith on bitcoin which they sacrifice their own money in exchange for it having an idea that their money might get loss or so on which we couldn't even deny such fact. Buying bitcoin for a low price and then selling it when the time comes that you would get a profit out it is a habit of every individual here in this forum and out here. So, the reason is they do bought bitcoin for an exchange of having a good profit. Else, buying it without having reason is dumb.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
June 04, 2018, 09:42:45 AM
People are still buying Bitcoin is because they know that bitcoin have potential to increase again that why bitcoin is number 1 in the market.
Activity: 860
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
June 04, 2018, 09:32:48 AM
The bitcoin is getting dipper into social media platforms, being advertised and that is the reason why it has more audience right who are interested in this cryptocurrency now.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
June 04, 2018, 09:32:05 AM
Hello guys,

I don't get it.

Other issues:

Perhaps, the reason why you are so doubtful and obviously sceptical  about bitcoin is because of your personal failure to earn your desired amount of bitcoin. I guess your reading the wrong book, your listening to the wrong tune, you are obviously being misled. Look for the full potential of bitcoin and utilized all its benefits instead of giving negative opinions. I know that we are entitled to our own subjective thoughts, but there is nothing wrong in reconsidering things for your success.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 432
June 04, 2018, 09:04:04 AM
people are still convinced and also they are still hoping for bitcoin whose price can go up to a bigger level. like now. the declining bitcoin price is a huge potential for the future
Activity: 1582
Merit: 333
June 04, 2018, 09:01:06 AM
maybe now bitcoin prices are down so people still buy bitcoin when bitcoin prices go up maybe people will not buy bitcoin, people buy Bitcoin because they hope to get a profit. so people buy bitcoin when bitcoin prices are down
in this down movement people see big opportunity to gain profits.they buy bitcoin when in dip and hold for several months at least.right now is correct time for people that looking cheap price.
Pages:
Jump to: