Pages:
Author

Topic: Why so many Bitcoin users have fear of governments? - page 4. (Read 1651 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 0
Maybe the government to use this opportunity, because bitcoin is the result is large enough, so do not be surprised to the government to plan the tax.
Activity: 97
Mostly bitcoin user's fears that what if government banned bitcoin in their country, if government announce that bitcoin is illegal then it can't be use anymore.
Activity: 948
Merit: 110
not afraid, but they feel uncomfortable with the government that forbids bitcoin. because many of the bitcoin users are as their job, if bitcoin is banned by the government, then they will lose their jobs. in my opinion, and especially for my country, bitcoin will never be accepted by the government. because bitcoins have an unstable price, and are at great risk.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
I think many bitcoin traders are frightened by the government because the government will destroy the price of bitcoin and kemunkginan also because the government will play a price in the market so that makes a lot of that will lose.
Activity: 126
I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?

Bitcoin users are afraid of the government because they will be banned bitcoin and can not use it anymore. And if they use it again it would be an illegal act.
Activity: 187
I think that users of bitcoins are afraid of governments because of a misunderstanding of the very nature of the bitcoins. It does not matter what governments can do. National states can not create a law or legislatively fix what will stop bitcoin or any crypto currency, because technically they will not be able to do it.
Activity: 134
Because bitcoin users will not get anything if the government is blocking it and eventually bitcoin will be illegal in that country. Maybe it's scared the bitcoin users they feel.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts
The governments Hold the key to Bitcoin success. The more governments adopt Bitcoin the higher the chances are that Bitcoin will be a success there has however been a struggle between the two for a period of time Bitcoin users know that if the governments ban BTC then their source of livelihood will be affected thence the fear
Activity: 40
that's true, if the government determines that bitcoin is illegal then bitcoin users will never be able to deal with bitcoin or other crypto types
copper member
Activity: 364
The government is the only authority in the country so everything can be done, and what they fear eliminate the bitcoin-related system .. in any way and for whatever reason the government can eliminate it because they are the chosen people in their country .. so anything can happen what else about income or livelihood, so of course they feel scared ..

On the other aspects i don't have fear of governments. If they are going to add taxes in bitcoin i am open to it because it can help the economy of the country. I think prior eliminating bitcoin the government will also try to look into the bitcoin system and learned more on how this can help the people.
Activity: 142
the government seems to have no feelings if it has to deal with bitcoin, because the government only makes the authority that disadvantages bitcoin users including one is the ban on cryptocurrency in the country. so that's what bitcoin users are concerned about government policy.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 273
Every user have some sort of fear upon the government while using bitcoin. This is not because of the regulations it has been making upon cryptocurrency usage, but the authority to control anything. If governments make something to end the usage surely a lot of people who were benefiting through bitcoin gets affected. This is the major reason for the fear.

That is correct, but the regulations that are happening right now in several countries are already enough signs of this authority to control anything. That is enough proof that the governments have a lot of edge in terms of Bitcoin's legal existence. The very reason is that the governments have all the legal powers to clip the wings of cryptocurrency to grow. The regulations that are happening and the authority to control are the same thing.
Activity: 59
Here in my country, governments were corrupt, all they want is money,so bitcoin users are afraid because some think that the government will use tax for bitcoin ,so it is a problem if government will ask you for tax for having a bitcoin, you can't earn more bitcoin because your tax will get bigger, that's why for me it is better that governments will not work with bitcoin.
Activity: 99
they are banning because they can not withdraw taxes from bitcoin users.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
Every user have some sort of fear upon the government while using bitcoin. This is not because of the regulations it has been making upon cryptocurrency usage, but the authority to control anything. If governments make something to end the usage surely a lot of people who were benefiting through bitcoin gets affected. This is the major reason for the fear.

I don't think me and some bitcoin users in my country fears our government because they haven't said anything that they don't want cryptocurrencies to be used by us. And also they conducted seminars for the past few months about bitcoin or cryptocurrency. So I don't have any fear
Activity: 224
Naturally, people are afraid of the strengthening of the government's power in relation to the crypto currency.
Yes, it is possible to influence and will not be as strong as the usual currency, but still the government can impose quite large restrictions.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
Activity: 192
yes of course you are right many bitcoin users are scared by their respective governments, because bitcoin users put the assets he has in bitcoin. The government's decision to ban bitcoin will cause prices to fall and this has a direct impact on the benefits of bitcoin users.
Activity: 211
Merit: 1
Bitcoin is decentralized, yet, some exchanges are being targeted by the government. It's not because the government hates Bitcoin, it is for security matter, I guess. Because we all know that the risk of using Bitcoin for illegal purposes is 99%. And when the government takes action to these, investors of Bitcoin and all cryptocurrency will be affected. There's a big chance for the market to go low.

These articles might help the curious people of Bitcointalk.org:
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/042015/why-governments-are-afraid-bitcoin.asp
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/06/us-government-is-trying-to-get-coordinated-in-its-efforts-to-regulate-bitcoin.html
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
The government is the only authority in the country so everything can be done, and what they fear eliminate the bitcoin-related system .. in any way and for whatever reason the government can eliminate it because they are the chosen people in their country .. so anything can happen what else about income or livelihood, so of course they feel scared ..
Pages:
Jump to: