Pages:
Author

Topic: Why so many Bitcoin users have fear of governments? - page 7. (Read 1651 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
is not the user afraid of the rules set by the government, the government could have given sanction if only in the country he is banned the existence of bitcoin
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
The main reason for people to fear using bitcoin when we talk about government is the word support. Most country does not have enough support of the government for them to inform them the essential uses of bitcoin when it comes to investments, transactions or even in trading.
Activity: 291
I personally dont fear them, but I am suspicious that oneday they would place their taxes on me anyway!
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
many people are getting afraid of government, because government can make any decision, it might be favor or nonfavor to the bitcoin users. Some government has banned bitcoin, so that country people are getting afraid we might loose our bitcoin. Tax problem also a big problem. Some government think bitcoin is thread.
Activity: 91
Other governments are afraid of the currency in which bitcoin is. But  they wont be able to kill bitcoin iin a sense instead control it by making laws that can abide and then resulting that you cannot get fiat money from bitcoin. None the less if there are still governments who are okay with bitcoin they can still withdraw their currency and use the fiat money then  sell it with  physical currency.
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
Every government has their reason why they allow or ban bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. There is nothing to fear with government if they are implemting some rules as long as that rules will not violate our rights. Regulations are part of the government's measure to safeguard its citizens from any illegal activities involving cryptocurrencies and ICOs. If you are law-abiding individual then there is no cause to worry.
Activity: 406
The fear is that if the government ban exchange buying bitcoin there will no room for selling off your bitcoin to the Fiat currency and that makes bitcoin worthless, expect for transactions or business that expect bitcoin.
Activity: 168
It is very difficult to believe in Bitcoin in the face of government because the government has already considered Bitcoin is a bad influence and not feasible to use. I think it is very unlikely that Bitcoin can be legal everywhere let alone be accepted in the economy.
Activity: 178
Merit: 1
That was an old sentiment, when Bitcoin first started many users is a libertarian who wants to go around being forced to use government dictated dollars. Now it feels more oriented to investors. Some corrupt governments just want to get some taxes into your Bitcoin if they know you are holding a large Bitcoin in our wallet.
Activity: 296
Merit: 13
Government is very wise to know that they can generate big amount of profit when they regulate bitcoin. Definitely, taxes will be impose that will lead to higher bitcoin price. However, it can be good because there will be more security for investors. But it is more obvious that they will benefit more than the people as they always do, especially that here in our country so many corrupt officials will interfere to earn huge money.
Activity: 70
Because government can do something to lead the possible prohibation of using bitcoin in their country. They afraid,because some of these users are considering the bitcoins as their source of income,to sustain their family needs on daily living.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
Yes there are many people here in cryptocurrency that fear  the government because the government has the power to make regulation, and want or don't want, we need to obey that.
If they want to make bitcoin illegal in your country, they can, and you won't be able to access bitcoin anymore. And many governments already though bitcoin is a threat, and it's what make people afraid that the government may ban bitcoin, and make a lot of people here lost their investment.
Activity: 224
I somehow all the same to the government. I live my life. I know for sure that no one will ask us about anything. How to decide so and will. And we as the person reasonable - adapt. As it was always at all times and in all countries without exceptions.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?

I agree with you, it seems to me that the user is afraid if the goverment of a country have a regulation against bitcoin and they have nothing to do is to follow. The government has a big impact to the economy. Example if bitcoin will become banned in the country how would they transact their bitcoin if their has a law that if anyone caught in bitcoin will be vanish who will be not afraid of that.

I am just hoping that lots goverment in the world will see the importance of bitcoin and it could help also the people in the country.
Activity: 70
because users may doubt if they do not follow the rules set by the government, they may be subject to sanctions,
 otherwise the user will not be able to transact if the government also prohibits the transaction bitcoin
Activity: 173
If bitcoins are banned in their country, how they will access bitcoin or use bitcoin. Because surely they will be caught if using bitcoin in the country that banned bitcoin.
Activity: 179
I think in the future Bitcoin and the government can get into terms if the government accepts and gets what Bitcoin can do and offers. The government is wary of Bitcoin because they cannot grasp and control it, they are in the dark with Bitcoin. If Bitcoin somehow is understood by the government in some time in the future, we can use Bitcoin publicly and it can be part of our daily lives.
Activity: 106
they may be afraid because the government forbids bitcoin users and for those who violate will be subject to criminal sanctions. So that's where they fear the government.
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
I am not one of them. I do not fear government, I respect our president and some of the trustworthy government officials. They may ban or legalize bitcoin but it is up to them. And I always expect the worst but am still hoping for the best. If time will come that they will ban bitcoin, I have no choice but to follow. There are other things that could be a source of additional income anyway.
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
Because many people use Bitcoin as a solution to save money, and keep their money away from taxes from the government. Many people use Bitcoin for evil purposes, so many people fear that governments will negatively affect their money.
Pages:
Jump to: