Pages:
Author

Topic: Why so many Bitcoin users have fear of governments? - page 8. (Read 1651 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 254
I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?
I think it is very hard for your statement to happen.  It is because of different things like the nature of bitcoin which is decentralized while the government wants it to be centralized it so that they can regulate it. Also,  banks and other businesses do not want bitcoin to flourish because it might affect their income so they are also pushing the government to regulate it or if can, to ban bitcoin in their country. So I think it is really hard for it to happen.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
basically because the government is obviously against btc. main reason is that btc is so huge, one can say its a phenomena, that the govt sees it as a threat since they cant control it. second is because most of 'em are corrupt. they dont want everyone to prosper. as long as their pockets are full, they dont care. also, mentioning btc's volatility in a negative way is basically the same thing as attacking it. banks dont do it to warn, they do it to gain the people. to put dirt on btc's name. so what if its volatile and risky? when did they ever care about where people put their money?
Activity: 280
Maybe because the government are not yet that aware of what bitcoin is and what its benefits for the community and the country alike. I ask people around me if they know anything about bitcoin and most of them are not aware of its existence. Government should be more open about bitcoin and embrace that its part of trading and our economics nowadays.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?
We know that bitcoin is a decentralize system and no one owns the bitcoin system so we also know that every transaction of bitcoin is recorded in the blockchain but it is anonymous so you will never know who did the transaction also this system system doesnt pay tax in a lot of transaction but when we look in a big picture we are just changing or exchanging money but still when the government comply about it.. It can be a reason to make the all of the bitcoin user because it will be a problem in their investments.
Activity: 203
Merit: 3
he National Governments literally hold the Bitcoin fate in their hands, there is a lot of uncertainties surrounding BTC especially when it comes to its legislation The Battle to legalize it is long and winding, during which some countries opt to ban BTC.Bitcoin Users users therefore are most of the times not at ease with the governments as they can decide that they no longer allow the BTC transactions and operations  limiting the Bitcoin market in the process
Activity: 154

In my country there are plenty of tax for crypto business and i think it is not a tax, it is a stealing. For that, i created new card in another country where tax is a very little.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100

I believe there is a room for btc and gov to work together in the future once there is more adopters for btc, gov will slowly feel the pressure either from users or companies and the gov will have to think of ideas to incorporate btc into the long term plan.

So am i, its business. If you are business minded you care about how it will gonna work in the future. you will set aside the negatives. all they have to do is to trust and if they're having a second thought. they should try it first like, invest a small amount and then if it will work. Then, the problem is solved and for me in the future when bitcoin is highly secured. Government and bitcoin users can work together. they don't have to fear anything.
Activity: 317

Because many governments have not yet recognized bitcoin officially and legally, so everyone is trying to make money on this cryptocurrency illegally, and this is a dangerous business for which responsibility is borne.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
It is not really fear but government of a particular country has its own power over her subject. It the government of the day don't want bitcoin to strive it wount because government has the ultimatum power to do and undo
Activity: 616
the bitcoin users it not afraid with government, the bitcoin use just afraid with the policy or rules that government pick for bitcoin in their country, is bitcoin legal, or illegal, i think bitcoin user just afraid of this, and i think if the bitcoin legal the bitcoin user will not afraid with government and their rules about it anymore
Activity: 182
From the country I come from,the government doesn't disturb those who trade bitcoin and other crypto assets.no taxes,nothing. So I have no need to fear them
Activity: 784
Merit: 10
https://streamies.io/
In my country, the government is not too strict about entering the Crypto market. They have a policy of blocking transactions on the Crypto market but it is unclear. So we were free to make money from this market.
I feel quite happy because there are some countries that have actually removed Crypto.
Activity: 106
For me they have fear of government because they don't want to go jail and some of devil government they ban bitcoin..  And others they use it..  That why governments have a power of the bank and others
Activity: 294
For me they have fear of goverments because they dont want bitcoin to be gone they have a fear of bitcoin that many goverments can ban if they have to goverments have the power to ban bitcoin i n their country so thats why many bitcoin users have fear of goverments.
Activity: 364

I think that users of bitcoins are afraid of governments because of a misunderstanding of the very nature of the bitcoins. It does not matter what governments can do. National states can not create a law or legislatively fix what will stop bitcoin or any crypto currency, because technically they will not be able to do it.
Activity: 136
Merit: 1
I understand why and also im one of them, maybe because of the reason of earning free in Bitcoin and the government will naturally ask where did you get that money and wont believe that you earn it for free and starting to complicate things.
Activity: 39
China was a big source of crypto users. But suddenly China banned Bitcoins in there. Facebook is the biggest market place now. Facebook already blocked crypto currency with ICO issue. Although some countries has shown appreciation but still I think it's fair to have some fear of government. Cause a whole bunch of people always try to stay out of illegal things.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
Sometimes the fear of Bitcoin users are grounded on hollow grounds. They seem to be blowing up everything out of its proportions. They tend to exaggerate. However, I also don't think that there will come a point when Bitcoin or crypto will go hand in hand with the government for its success. I don't think it will ever happen because the two have several totally opposite poles. For one, the governments want control, Bitcoin is created to avoid that.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
I think they fear of governments because if the governments can take over bitcoin and control it under their power , the value of bitcoin can possibly become stable and being stable means bitcoin investors and traders cannot earn more.

other reason that i think of is bitcoin will now have a tax and all people do always have a fear on tax because it zaps most of their income and the governemt will only take the benefits of this if they are corrupt.

Anonimity of bitcoin can also be affected but i guess bitcoin can now be more secure because it is now being regulated and monitored.
Activity: 252
In normal developing countries, everything will be fine with the regulation of the cryptocurrency market. If you remember the first 5 years no one believed in bitcoin, all the important people claimed that this is a fraud and a dummy. And today the cryptocurrency market has already shown itself on the good side, I think we should not worry about this.
Pages:
Jump to: