Pages:
Author

Topic: Why so many Bitcoin users have fear of governments? - page 5. (Read 1651 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
A lot of Bitcoin users now really have fear to Government. One thing is for sure, they are really afraid that the Government will decide to stop or banned this Bitcoin.

A lot of speculation and FUD by people that the government will take control for bitcoin and if it will happen then will destroy the world of crypto in terms of profitability because surely if the government does not forbid then they will take action to collect taxes. Yes, most governments are hesitant about bitcoin and I think because of the decentralization of its design that even they can not control the system
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Government can dictate anyhing which can make your hard earned coins worthless. Government rules however, all things can be diacussed diplomatically so as to clear out all things about cryptocurrencies and how it can benefit them amd the whole community.
Activity: 630
Bitcoin users have fear of governments because the government has a very strong right to manage finances, even the government can imprison anyone who is considered against the state, and we all know that bitcoin much in contradiction with state law.
Yes, so the government is free to issue a policy related to bitcoin legality. In the meantime I realized that the government still can not accept cryptocurrency completely because of its decentralized nature, has no official administrator and the price is very fluctuating. However, they also realize that cryptocurrency brings many advantages in this digital world. Thus, most governments impose certain restrictions on the use of bitcoin, one of the reasons is to control economic stability in the country.
Activity: 219
Merit: 0
Since those countries do not accept bitcoin, they consider investing in bitcoin illegal. But this is only happening in some countries. There are countries that see bitcoin as a market worth investing.
Activity: 182
Merit: 22
It is because the government has a power to ban and regulate or prohibit the used of bitcoin on their restriction. So many bitcoin users are scared and afraid of that maybe their bitcoins will get lost and their investment will vanished.
Activity: 420
I guess, as bitcoin user,  i am afraid that the government may observe some regulations about using btc in the country and totally set some rules of totally banned it all over the country.
Activity: 210
Bitcoin users fear from the government because they feel overnight changes on the crypto market may spoil their goals especially US govt is fast in responding for such news
Activity: 448
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
As i theorize it, so many bitcoin users have fear of government as much as some governments have also fears about bitcoin and the rest of the cryptocurrencies. For bitcoin users' side, i believe that they fear of government regulating bitcoin use and that tax will be imposed to their earnings or maybe a total ban will be impose anytime.
Activity: 168
I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?
Some governments are not banning or plotting against bitcoins, instead they are adopting them for the stability of their economy, thus there is no reason to be scared of them. Coins like TAU, LTC are being traded peacefully, and are giving good outcomes, so the users should not be scared, instead they should promote cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 166
I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?
Bitcoins users are scared that the government will put barriers ion Crypto and restrict their trading in the market. Right now, the users are facing a rapid return on their investments, for instance users of PRG, ETH, etc. Therefore, they are afraid that if governments ban crypto, they will be facing losses.
Activity: 214
I believe this is for simple fear of loosing their funds and investments, if you know that somebody can take your money
Activity: 172
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are only valid if they can be used at the supermarket or on a daily basis. If your government prohibits the use of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, where will they use them?
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
Bitcoin users have fear of governments because the government has a very strong right to manage finances, even the government can imprison anyone who is considered against the state, and we all know that bitcoin much in contradiction with state law.
It is not surprising that banks are not happy with the fact that they are obsolete, and - with the help of governments - they try to limit crypto-currencies after they initially rejected them.

That's right, sometimes the bank feels aggrieved by bitcoin, so the bank has a partnership with the government to keep the banned bitcoin out, so the bitcoiners are afraid of the government, because the governing government regulates everything.
Activity: 4
each country has rules or laws that must be obeyed by every community.
if the country does not agree with the existence of bitcoin due to the absence of taxes that can be extracted from bitcoin, because Bitcoin claims that "This is the first decentralized peer-to-peer payment network supported by its users without central authority or intermediaries.
"The lack of central authority is the main reason why governments are afraid of cryptoes.
this reason makes the government afraid of bitcoin, and certainly the government impose penal sanctions for bitcoin users with legal action set by the law.
Activity: 126
because governments have the only power to shut down bitcoin and make people lose all their investments
Activity: 546
Merit: 12

I believe there is a room for btc and gov to work together in the future once there is more adopters for btc, gov will slowly feel the pressure either from users or companies and the gov will have to think of ideas to incorporate btc into the long term plan.

That's true buddy. There is always the avenue for that. The fact is that the governments are definitely going to set control on usage of BTC and cryptocurrency as a whole. What i always hope for is that they shouldn't ban it. That will be a more difficult problem.
And by the way, we fear governments because they are known for being manipulative
Activity: 37
Probably Bitcoin banned some countries so, government can catch those who using bitcoin so, there will punish them, I think this reasons for bitcoin users have fear of government.
Activity: 168
Merit: 3
It is not surprising that banks are not happy with the fact that they are obsolete, and - with the help of governments - they try to limit crypto-currencies after they initially rejected them.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
Activity: 126
I noticed that too. Fear of government is prevalent in this forum. Must be the bandwagon effect. Or most people here have something to hide.
Pages:
Jump to: