Pages:
Author

Topic: Why would you sell an altcoin right at the very bottom - page 19. (Read 6714 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
People sell their coin for different reasons. Some urgently need money to take of their family and love ones while some want the money badly to pay for hospital bills. I have recently come across someone who was begging the dev to list the coin he was holding so that he can pay for cancer treatment. The same thing applies to other assets. Why do you think people sell their valuable assets such as cars, lands and houses to pay bills. Some even mortgage their properties and will do anything to see that it is not taken away from them. So next time you see someone that want to sell coin, don't blame them because you don't know what the person is going  through.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
Why selling altcoins at the bottom? Because other people are doing it. So it is better to sell after a few profits. Being too greedy and you will see your profits evaporate and become loss. And you investment will become a forced long term investment. People are currently not interested about altcoins and that's why they are leaving altcoins. Only true believers are going to stay. Until there is only true believers, altcoins will continue to fall lower or stay at their current level. People are pumping BTC with their altcoins and that's very dangerous. As one day there will be a crash as usual.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
If you buy coins with strong fundamentals, you reduce the risk of getting stuck with shit coins. If you just buy whatever is pumping, the danger is much greater. And diversifying makes it possible to balance the risk, and focus on gaining more than you loose. There will almost always be some losses, you just need to gain more...
Everyone can’t make 20% gains every day. I’m not convinced that we have hit the absolute bottom with alts, at least when talking price relative to bitcoin. But I don’t see much of a downside either. Buying in now will get you coin at a bargain price, but it can still take a while before alt season hits. So, don’t buy and expect instant takeoff.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
Depends on the situation ... sometimes the very bottom is not the true bottom. But usually that is with low volume coins with no dev activity, etc.

What I don't get about the alt market, unless it's simply an issue of price manipulation, is overall movement --

BTC goes up, Alts go down in relation to BTC. Okay, that makes sense, and ideally alts move after BTC stabilizes.

BTC goes down, Alts go down in relation to BTC. This makes a little less sense, as logically one would think Alts would retain the same BTC ratio, or perhaps increase, to maintain their previous value. But okay, let's say BTC going down leads to panic sellers with Alts, so they too sell.

Now this is the part I don't get -- BTC goes up, Alts go down... followed by BTC going down, Alts go down... BTC goes up again, Alts go down, BTC retracts a little bit, Alts go down... BTC goes back to level before retracting, and Alts go down again. Basically the last 5 or 6 BTC price movements have led to Alts decreasing, regardless of which way BTC was moving. And the end result is BTC kind of where it started with the last rise, yet Alts lost a ton of value in relation to BTC price ... for kind of no logical reason.

So either it's price manipulation or Alt holders are so frantic and on edge that they'll sell no matter what... a slight breeze and they hit the sell button.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
It makes no logical sense to sell an altcoin right at the very bottom of a market cycle.  Look I know its very painful to see that altcoin you love some much cause you so much grief, and not to mention checking your altcoin account balance looks like a scene from a horror movie.  But I am here to tell you, to hold strong, keep the faith and ride this altcoin storm as we are about to hit a very sweet spot in the market cycle where altcoins will explode in value.  Almost every altcoin is extremely oversold when comparing it to previous altcoin ATH (all time highs) and not to mention when comparing it to the bitcoin rally of late.

ATTENTION: We are about to enter altcoin season right at the very bottom, there will be some explosive move coming....Please hold firm.

Much love to all altcoin holders (especially those that hold HST decision token)

Stay safe, and see you all at the very top of the next altcoin season.

Peace out Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: