Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Altcoin be as important as Bitcoin? - page 19. (Read 3835 times)

Activity: 470
Merit: 12
BTC is still (rightfully?) leading the market in terms of capitalization. This is not something that can not be changed: even though BTC is now rooted in minds of millions of people when you say "crypto" or "blockchain". How, when and what will beat Bitcoin? The platform would have to be so good that it could not be ignored in the first place. Secondly, it will have to prove it is a better store of value than BTC (which will be a long and exhausting journey). Thirdly, the market will have to wake up and move upwards as it is almost impossible to overtake BTC in stagnating conditions. I would choose some kind of global platform which will be like Facebook or Google for the Web of the third generation. Nothing less can turn the tables on the side of a particular altcoin.
Activity: 139
Merit: 0
In any ecosystem, be it in nature or business, there is always a competition. And most often than not, the best always rises to the top. And here in our crypto ecosystem, a competition do also exist. Between Bitcoin and Altcoin. We all very well known that bitcoin, being the first and most proven cryptocurrency already took the center stage in crypto market. Now that altcoins came into the picture, where does it really stands? What will be the selling point of altcoin that will eventually led the bitcoin enthusiasts to finally switch places?
The recent initiative of China is a vivid confirmation. But we see that the crypto-currency market is becoming more resistant to such shocks, and investments in these technologies will be very profitable for a long time. The main thing is to be able to correctly see and analyze the situation.
Activity: 154
Well, all altcoins that are now certainly will not be as important as bitcoin. Maybe with time she said althin and will replace bitcoin, but I doubt it very much. While all very far to the BTC
Activity: 308
Merit: 30
Yes, all alternative coins, bitcoins and other electronic coins in the cryptocurrency are important
because of this community man people they help to change their life and become successful.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is still the number one cryptocurrency, you can ask people if they know about cryptocurrencies and they might tell you no but ask them if they know about bitcoin then they will tell you yes. Bitcoin is still the coin that is keeping the crypto market going for now, that makes it the most important coin in the market. Maybe in the future altcoins might become more important but for now, bitcoin still remains more important than altcoins.
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
I don't think it's possible at the moment, because the United States and many other countries only recognize bitcoin.
Other tokens have not been recognized. On the contrary, most altcoin is just hype.
I think personally because these two coins are equally needed and so now many people are holding altcoins and waiting for the price to rise because bitcoin and altcoin prices have decreased and with that decline, many people are investing in Bitcoin with the short term because soon price Bitcoin will come back
Activity: 168
in my opinion, it is just as important because bitcoin and altcoin need each other than from now on even though bitcoin price decreases altcoin follow its movement and wait for bitcoin prices back good again because from the beginning of 2018 ago bitcoin price has decreased
Activity: 494
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is the foundation stone of the crypto market, but that does not mean altcoins don't matter. There is a competition among the cryptos that forces each other to be better. Some altcoins have already begun to shine.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
There are a lot of important altcoin and useful values on par with btc, as you see eth is a pretty potential coin, and probably one of the coin that will be able to compete with BTC in the future.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 259
In any ecosystem, be it in nature or business, there is always a competition. And most often than not, the best always rises to the top. And here in our crypto ecosystem, a competition do also exist. Between Bitcoin and Altcoin. We all very well known that bitcoin, being the first and most proven cryptocurrency already took the center stage in crypto market. Now that altcoins came into the picture, where does it really stands? What will be the selling point of altcoin that will eventually led the bitcoin enthusiasts to finally switch places?

Altcoin is important but will not like bitcoin, only for alternative. I'm not lucky with bitcoin but when I try use altcoin for trade I get profit and helping me send received payment. As long bitcoin become leader altcoin will survive because altcoin came from bitcoin. Never lost trust with bitcoin but have alternative is also important.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
I don't agree that "the best always rises to the top". There are many examples where the inferior solution wins out over the more technically superior. VHS vs Betamax being just one example. Often the effect of having an established network is able to insulate the technically inferior like Bitcoin from more technologically impressive coins. Right now Bitcoins dominance is reflected by the high correlation of prices between Bitcoin and the Altcoins. When the Altcoins begin trading more on their own merits it will be a sign that Bitcoins dominance is ending.
Activity: 238
Merit: 27
Yes for sure, Crypto is growing stronger each time due to the huge influx of investors entering the crypto world each day. People are now becoming familiar with the concept and significance of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 154
personally I think, if Altcoin will be as important but it will take time.Cryptocurrency is still a new thing for the world.
for example ethereum coins. we can also see it, it is now very important in the crypto world but, many also altcoin will die.
Merit: 100
At the moment I think altcoins are already important as Bitcoin Smiley. Crypto world can't survive until now if there is only Bitcoin in here and investors can't find out any other choice to invest in Smiley. But at the moment Bitcoin is still the best cryptocurrency because of it high price. Maybe in the future when total supply amount of Bitcoin run out, I think another altcoin will replace Bitcoin and become the best one Smiley.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Don't generalize altcoin as the competitor of bitcoin.

There are many altcoins and you have to be precise on your pick on what you think on what will be the next important one next to bitcoin.

What will be the selling point of altcoin that will eventually led the bitcoin enthusiasts to finally switch places?
Nothing, most of them are going to be dead soon. Some will survive but only those that are popular.
Merit: 10
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
Some altcoins have the potential and potential of their projects to be more promising, compared to their purpose and function than the BTC but because their brand has not been developed and the existence is not as good as BTC, so they are not popular. like BTC.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
I think altcoin is more important than bitcoin because the features in bitcoin are few in comparison with other altcoins.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
I believe that there are altkoins not inferior to bitcoin. Many undervalued coins, which are no worse than the bitcoin itself. And generally it's always good when there is an alternative. Therefore, the more good coins, the better.
Activity: 420
Merit: 24
It really depends on what altcoins are you referring to. There are lots of altcoins that are left underdeveloped and unnoticed. Some are just shitcoins spamming the crypto market. Others are only used for pump and dumps. For me, no one can surpass or even level up the same as what bitcoin have experienced in the past few years of performance in the market.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
Alt coin is very important, it gives a lot people choice to invest, and alt coin also got a variety of feature that maybe better than Bitcoin feature, alt coin also got a cheaper price so small investors also can invest with small amount, without the alt coin crypto currencies world will be very dull, and alt coin could be the backup plan when Bitcoin failed
Pages:
Jump to: