Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 9. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 24, 2018, 11:49:32 AM
Yes, because that's what we do with fiat money. We give them our money so they can invest it for themselves and give us profit on a tear drop scale.
Activity: 28
August 24, 2018, 10:18:35 AM
The bitcoin trend in the present makes many people glance at bitcoin, they dare to invest, in developed countries they have started using it, so we just wait for how the bank will receive a bitcoin deposit.
Activity: 475
Merit: 1
Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain
August 24, 2018, 10:04:54 AM
As bitcoin continues to spread and grow stronger, I believe we will see all sectors of the economy accepting it with banks offering mouth watery opportunities for bitcoin investment. For now everyone is still observing things.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
August 24, 2018, 08:34:14 AM
I think maybe it's possible that some day BTC may get kind of stable and predictive so that banks could use such a chance. I'm not sure though how soon it could happen, but definitely not in a short time.
Activity: 38
August 24, 2018, 06:01:08 AM
Governments seem the biggest obstacle for banks to carry out this  project. They don't like Bitcoin and even outlaw it. Even if Bitcoin is allowed in a few countries, Bitcoin won't be offered as a deposit for sure, since it's risky and can have huge impact on financial market. Moreover, Bitcoin is kind of brand new and unbeknownst to the majority of citizens.
Activity: 19
August 24, 2018, 06:00:46 AM
I think they won't. First, I have to have the consent from their governments before they accept Bitcoin. But few governments in the world accept Bitcoin, and some countries even crack down on it. Second, Bitcoin is very risky and its price is unpredictable. Third, people tend to borrow money in cash rather than in Bitcoin to lower risks. In conclusion, that idea isn't feasible.
Activity: 42
August 24, 2018, 05:59:03 AM
I think that this is an interesting proposal for banking, it will be wise for them to work this way, as we all know that banks use circulating funds from customers, and accordingly if bitcoin goes up, and it goes up then the bank's capital also increases. well, besides, it will raise the rating of the bank.
Activity: 28
August 24, 2018, 05:53:38 AM
I don't think it's will be so easy for banks to accept bitcoin as deposit because of the volatility working with cryptos currency. Banks may run at loss if they do that.
Activity: 175
Merit: 10
August 24, 2018, 05:48:03 AM
I don't think that banks will ever offer deposits in bitcoin. For them it's too risky. Bankers know how to calculate the level of risk. Bitcoin is too easy to change, so for banks, it won't be interested in this plan.
Activity: 70
August 24, 2018, 05:34:31 AM
You want to exchange bitcoin at a bank which means you have to be willing to pay a very high amount in the bank exchange rate. Banks and bitcoin are not the same thing. The physical currency and crpyto currency are two different things.
so I don't think it will benefit them!
Activity: 70
August 24, 2018, 05:31:20 AM
Banks are as of now making cooperative associations with advanced resource trades and blockchain systems that use digital forms of money. Driving cryptographic money trade Bittrex reported today that it's starting fiat exchanging for Bitcoin,
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
August 24, 2018, 05:14:39 AM
Today, there are already a certain number of banks that offer their services in the form of Bitcoins. I think that their examples will be followed by many, but yesterday's dream has become a reality
It is good to see that there are some services that uses Bitcoin blockchain technology, they want to improved their technology. I don't think banks would support bitcoin, its price is not stable and very unpredictable.
Some of the instruments allow investors (and banks as intermediary agents) to make profit exactly from that: that the price is unpredictable and unstable. Future contract for instance are one of them and it may be the reason that bitcoin future contracts has been embraced by banking community.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
August 24, 2018, 05:13:13 AM
Bank can only allow the bitcoin and altcoin deposits as assets to hold, Bitcoin and altcoin can not become Currency, due to large fluctuations!
Activity: 62
August 23, 2018, 08:32:39 PM
Today, there are already a certain number of banks that offer their services in the form of Bitcoins. I think that their examples will be followed by many, but yesterday's dream has become a reality
It is good to see that there are some services that uses Bitcoin blockchain technology, they want to improved their technology. I don't think banks would support bitcoin, its price is not stable and very unpredictable.
Activity: 58
August 23, 2018, 08:28:21 PM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

I think that banks will not ever offer bitcoin deposits to us since it will devalue our current currency around the world. It will interrupt the flow of economy because of this; the rate of inflation will rapidly increase; and the banks will be a source of destabilization of he government. We all know that government get his revenue by collecting taxes from its citizens. By letting the banks offer bitcoin deposits, the people will be encouraged to deposit their money there instead of depositing it in a normal deposit bank.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
The Intelligent Retail Currency
August 23, 2018, 07:47:36 PM
The question is difficult, but why not? I don't think that's a very surreal combination of events. This cryptocurrency is the future.
Activity: 32
August 23, 2018, 12:35:23 PM
I think it is a difficult question. Financial system of states try to be independent from cryptocurrencies and they don't want to lose their money that cryptomarket will take from them
Activity: 8
August 23, 2018, 12:07:58 PM
I guess China has influence on crypto merely because of its population
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
August 21, 2018, 06:10:47 PM
Activity: 42
August 21, 2018, 06:09:42 PM
Filipinos are already considering such a variant of events and soon enough a large number of banks will come to this because it will attract new investors
Pages:
Jump to: