Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 41. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 278
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is already accepted as a form of deposits by Germany and south korea, and is used in financial transaction in many commerce activities of these countries it is hard today that this trend will continue for USA since its economy will be affected greatly by bitcoin acceptance but the rest of the world is a yes overtime.

It is great for those countries who apply it. But what about the others? They will be using Bitcoin illegal way to earn. Too much time need to break corruption inside the governments.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

NO, because Bitcoin is their rival for making business, bitcoin is directly to people while banks is processed  with many supplementary documents and many particular bosses are approved ad sign as well, so we  don't expect to bank willing to offer for Bitcoin deposit that is very stupid discussion about the side of the Banking Industry.
Activity: 89
Merit: 1
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Exchances let you deposit all the btc and other cryptos you want, but I don't see any reason to let anybody else hold your cryptos.
Activity: 336
Merit: 52
I must admit that it would be weird to see bank offering bitcoin deposits but at the same time they must catch up, so they must invent something otherwise in a few decades they could really go out of business...
Activity: 70
I think the banks will profit most if such a situation was possible as they can always trade with your deposits, possibly increasing the quantity while your own deposit in the bank remains a fixed amount. But this may never happen as every bitcoin holder is his/her own bank. You only need an online wallet to store your coins. That's all.
Activity: 61
Depends. If they will discern that they might be losing to the new innovative thing which is the growth of cryptocurrency then they might be. They should adjust or else they will die trying.
Activity: 502
Merit: 118
Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.
I don’t think so, because the number one threat of the commercial banks here in the whole world are the cryptocurrencies.So its good to put in wallet and wait until the prices will rise and sell it in a reasonable price.

Same with me. It's very unlikely that a bank would accept cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin for deposits, since they were created to eliminate the middleman. As Bitcoin is proven to be the most successful blockchain application to date, it's considered the number one threat to banks all around the world. They'll try to destroy it, rather than joining it, since they don't want people to achieve autonomy over their funds.

Therefore, saying that a bank would accept Bitcoin for deposits, would be more of a dream than a reality. Bitcoin has many underlying issues such as volatility, and slow throughput, making it terrible as a currency for worldwide use. As such, Bitcoin may never be offered in a bank for deposits. But, there could exist a possibility of a centralized cryptocurrency like XRP (Ripple) to be offered within a bank, simply because it’s much more stable and scalable than any other crypto known to date. Smiley
Activity: 289
U don't think banks will ever accept cryptocurrency due to its low fees and also less privacy of transaction history due to blockchain. And also nowadays crypto is one of biggest opponent for banks as many people choose / prefer crypto transactions over bank oversea transactions due to low fee. And also one of disadvantage in crypto, which banks reluctant to use cryptocurrency is security issues. Because as there are many DDOS attacks in crypto field banks will need to have high internet security.
Activity: 336
deposits using bitcoin until now can not be used because it concerns the financial system. This bitcoin is in the form of blockchain and digital financial sitim is not real money. bitcoin is only in use for investment for example: You can buy bitcoin now and sell it in 1 or 2 years, just like investing in gold. now the price of 1 bitcoin around Rp. 16 million. so in the next one or two years the price of bitcoin can be up to three times the original price
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
I believe that many banks that do not restructure the new blocking system will not be able to compete in the new world, and if we are talking about accepting money by banks with crypto currency, then at this stage I think that this will happen soon
Activity: 219
As I know still now in our country don't offer bitcoin deposit. Our country support only virtual dollar but the USA support Bitcoin deposit. If you meet Bitcoin so you can put your money in your bank in America and you get Bitcoin. only USA, Austria, Canada support Bitcoin deposit. My brother lives in the USA and uses Bitcoin cryptocurrency MasterCard so you can get BTC in your own Bank.
Activity: 462
This is a very hard not to crack and i am still wondering why banks will accept to offer such service, especially because of the volatile nature of BTC, just imagine what will happen if BTC is deposited in a bank and incidentally the price pumps up *5 of the original deposit? what do you think will happen? their will be rush in withdrawal and banks will operate at a big loss,so for now it is not a good deal for the banks.
Activity: 252
Not yet. But soon it will do so. Now they are not accepting it because of their fear of losing something big like jobs and they will have nothing to do. Soon they will show interest on it and they will welcome it although today they are against it.
Activity: 679
Merit: 102
I guess it will not offer bitcoin deposit as of now considering that bitcoin is their competitiveness to their business transactions, for me my bitcoin is safe in my digital wallet compare to the bank i can see everyday my bitcoin deposit and im the control of this.

That is true, I think as of now the banks will not be offering some bitcoin deposits its like they are not in to it because of the bitcoin price in the market now, but i hope in the future it will be possible. it is also true that it is much safer in our own digital wallets to store our bitcoin rather than in banks, we can see the updated price as well as the time line of it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
There are many reason why bank will not offer bitcoin deposit. First ,bank has a product that we call paper money/fiat/banknotes if people prefer like to use bitcoin then their product will become worthless, second, it is still related with the first one, money is one of important instrument of economy for every country, bank of states will not let any treat for their national currency still exist. They will try anything to stop them. Third, it is useless decision, people can have their own bank a.k.a wallet and they don't need to save bitcoin in bank. The important point in here is how we can use bitcoin to buy something in the real world, we can convert it into fiat first or we can do it directly, there are many project that facilitate this. For example you can check it here https://cazcoin.io/ or it's platform as well http://34.237.175.74/cazshoppe/
Activity: 14
No, they won't since BTC is an honestly high risk when it comes to conversion, but hopefully, something in the future is down nine order to change this.
Activity: 111

IF bitcoin continues to perfrom and to be popular as now, I think banks will use this as their advantege , and they will gain by bitcoin...
Activity: 784
Merit: 112
I guess it will not offer bitcoin deposit as of now considering that bitcoin is their competitiveness to their business transactions, for me my bitcoin is safe in my digital wallet compare to the bank i can see everyday my bitcoin deposit and im the control of this.
Activity: 294
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
The answer is no; banks will never accept the Bitcoin deposit offer. If the bank wants to issue Bitcoin deposits, the first thing is that the government must accept Bitcoin
Activity: 87
i think we already have some banks trying to exchange money for bitcoin ...so as time goes on, i think it will increase because it is something that will profit them.
Pages:
Jump to: