Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 65. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 0
The world is changing everyday at every moment. If we cannot adapt ourselves with the changing world we cannot survive. Because we all know that the great speech “survival of the fittest”. Similarly if the banking system cannot adapt itself with the change it may not survive. As bitcoin and crypto currency is the modern technological invention which make the life easier. The banking systems have to adapt with this technology. If the banking system accept the crypto currency or they introduce crypto currency then the world economy will be benefited. And we hope sooner or later bank will accept crypto by allowing deposit to its account.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
I don't think banks will accept bitcoin because this is the very reason they were against they cannot control it, they cannot hold it and they seems not sure about it, its decentralize and also they're are diiferent in function and policy regarding money.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Improve your mode of payment with crypto
Banks and Bitcoin are two separate entities - that's what i call them. Banks are centralized and Bitcoin is decentralized. These mode of operation oppose each other. That means, in the event of both working together, one must switch to the mode of operation of the other. The question then becomes, will banks switch to decentralization or Bitcoin will switch to centralization?
Activity: 55
we know that most of the country in the world bitcoin is not legal  coin . But day day its popularity increasing at increasing rate . For this purpose  bitcoin is concern of matter in government .On the other hand bank is legal financial organization .They always try to invest where is high profit without any risk . Actually bitcoon market is not stable if any one hold it long time he must gain abundant profit .In this perspective bank can use it as a deposit money .
Activity: 55
we know that most of the country in the world bitcoin is not legal  coin . But day day its popularity increasing at increasing rate . For this purpose  bitcoin is concern of matter in government .On the other hand bank is legal financial organization .They always try to invest where is high profit without any risk . Actually bitcoon market is not stable if any one hold it long time he must gain abundant profit .In this perspective bank can use it as a deposit money .
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
if I do not think the bank will ever offer a bitcoin deposit to its customers, because the bank is unhappy about bitcoin in the world because the bank is afraid that its customers are moving to invest in bitcoins and other crypto currencies
Activity: 266
Merit: 33
If we only talk about deposits, just deposits then they will probably offer it. In fact in my country we already have a bank who offers bank deposits using bitcoin.
For alt coins, we have etherium that some of the bank accepts.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
As far i know, right now many banks is america open on bitcoin trading. They allowing their customes to buying bitcoin using their bank account and i am believe in next few years, banks will accepting bitcoin for transaction or deposit
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
I have just read about the head of Russian main bank interview on crypto, he said that like every other country isn't going to change fiat money monopoly, but crypto, as a way to invest in blockchains, is very interesting.
I think, banks are threaten buy crypto, they won't let it in their bank system in the nearest future.
Activity: 43
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

That depends if they will make a profit or if the system is secure and depandable.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
Not yet but  I am hoping for it. I know there are banks now considering cryptocurrency assets. There are partnerships already using the blockchain in financials and remittances and its a matter of time or some are in testing phase already, we will  seeing its implementation.
Activity: 354
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

I have never heard in my country that the bank receives a bitcoin deposit. I think the banks in my country will not accept bitcoin deposits because the government in my country has not formalized bitcoin as a means of payment.
I am sure in a country that has received bitcoin inevitably the bank in the country received a deposit with bitcoin.
Activity: 457
it may happen that banks offer bitcoin for deposit but in my country bitcoin is still prohibited for direct transaction and not yet become official currency
Activity: 252
Bitcoin is a currency that has always struggled to break into the mainstream. This will place even more pressure on legislators to come up with comprehensive plans for regulating a new asset class. A bank accepting bitcoin sounds quite unusual; however, it makes total sense when you see it from a customer’s perspective. For example, Skandiabanken recently announced it plans to offer clients the ability to link bank accounts to cryptocurrency holdings.
Activity: 108
Merit: 6
I don't see US banks accepting BTC deposits. The concept of BTC undermines bank transaction fees. Depositing BTC in a bank would only tack on additional fees from the blockchain.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
First of all I don’t think so that this will ever happen. Bitcoin being decentralized aims at eliminating intermediaries involved in financial transactions. This makes banks totally useless. Why would banks be so welcoming and friendly towards Bitcoin under these situations? Second, even if it accepts such deposits, it would not be very attractive. I mean I will not deposit my Bitcoins there as I can earn much from the market than a small, stable rate provided by banks.
If we have a decentralized currency and we have decentralized exchanges how long it will take until we have a decentralized platform to lend money with bitcoin? This going to be something complex but it will happen and when that happens all the possible reasons of why we could need a bank are going to disappear and we could stop using banks in a definite way.
Activity: 502
Merit: 118
Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.
First of all I don’t think so that this will ever happen. Bitcoin being decentralized aims at eliminating intermediaries involved in financial transactions. This makes banks totally useless. Why would banks be so welcoming and friendly towards Bitcoin under these situations? Second, even if it accepts such deposits, it would not be very attractive. I mean I will not deposit my Bitcoins there as I can earn much from the market than a small, stable rate provided by banks.

That's one interesting point you've presented here, my friend. There would be no reason for banks to offer Bitcoin deposits as it would defeat their real purpose in this world. Since Bitcoin eliminates the middleman, it's often seen more as a threat to banks and governments alike. The level of decentralization the original cryptocurrency has, allows anyone to be their own bank.

Another thing that would need to be considered is that Bitcoin is an extremely volatile currency, when compared against fiat currency. Its instability would render deposits in banks useless, as they won't be able to offer stable interest rates to their customers. Therefore, I think that it's best for people to secure their own Bitcoin by being their own bank. There are many alternative cryptocurrencies which offer attractive stake rates, allowing you to multiply your money without the need for a bank. As such, Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency you'll ever need to gain control of your financial future. Wink
Activity: 112
Banks will have difficulty accepting or paying with bitcoins in nations where cryptocurrency is yet to be accepted as an official means for exchange. But there are rumors in some quarters that some cryptocurrency banks exist. You can your research.
Activity: 303
Merit: 12
maybe for now the bank has not offered anything like that, if only the bank offers this bitcoin, it is good to facilitate in transactions so far if the bank wants to cooperate with bitcoin.
Activity: 392
I have never received an offer of bitcoin deposits from banks, because in my country bitcoin not legal so it is impossible banks offer products bitcoin, because it would violate the law in my country, another case if the country has legalized bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: