Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 67. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 264
Merit: 11
I don't think so. We are all aware how both the govenrments and their central banks are at the tails of the crypto community to shut it down how then will they decide to accept bitcoin deposits. More to the point the value of bitcoin will be fluctuating almost every time due to its volatility and i am sure the bank would not want to work with such currencies.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I don't think banks can offer bitcoin deposit due to the fact that bitcoin is volatile and doesn't have a fixed price always goes up and down.
Activity: 714
Merit: 253
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

You actually missed that moment mate. A few banks of Switzerland have already done this. They accept bitcoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash. They offer their clients a storage and some profits, the same conditions that applies to fiat money.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
We won't disclose the possibility that this might happen. If the banks would embrace bitcoin deposits then I think would take time to discuss. Then if it would be accepted it would give alot of volume for BTC.
Activity: 11
I  believe with time they will, because it will benefit them too.
Activity: 7
I think it's so risky
Activity: 8
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
Activity: 82
banks being partnered up with bitcoin would seem good on both sides since it will boost both services' popularity in people.  In bitcoin's case however, since it is a decentralized cryptocurrenvy and no one has a central hold of its power, the two can't make an agreement.

I do not think I will take advantage of this service but there is a chance that it will come and they will target the investors / bitcoin holders who do not really understand what bitcoin, be your own bank.
I like to deposit my fiat to the bank and they make money with it but if its bitcoin. They may attract these types of investors by saying that their bitcoin will be safe in their hands. We know how banks do well in making money.
Activity: 518
Merit: 257
First of all I don’t think so that this will ever happen. Bitcoin being decentralized aims at eliminating intermediaries involved in financial transactions. This makes banks totally useless. Why would banks be so welcoming and friendly towards Bitcoin under these situations? Second, even if it accepts such deposits, it would not be very attractive. I mean I will not deposit my Bitcoins there as I can earn much from the market than a small, stable rate provided by banks.
Activity: 364
At the moment, these are very risky operations (loans and deposits in bitcoins). After some time, when the rate is stable, such services will appear in banks. Or people will be able to give credits to each other.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
I think they will not. Why does the banking system drive bitcoin completely? It is very financially expensive and expensive. They can apply it in some operations, but completely enter into the system, I think not
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
I don't think so. Bitcoin is meant to be used through the internet. Banks will never risk its' assets and reputation just to catch up with Bitcoin. It has its own unique way of offering service to the public. But I don't think they will accept Bitcoin deposits. unless it has been officially declared by the Government of that Country.
Activity: 420
Merit: 18
already banks are offering deposits in Japan and Germany. Japan banks are offering loans interest and retirement plans with bitcoin it is positive move in cryptocurrency industry
Activity: 280
I think banks will not offer Bitcoin deposits. Bitcoin is not currently under the control of any person or entity. The bank will be very difficult to control Bitcoin deposit. And in my opinion, this is unlikely.
Activity: 28
Maybe, one of the cryptocurrency wallet can use in atm
Activity: 9
The banks that have declared bitcoin a no-go represent 69.2 percent of the American credit card market. While this represents an overwhelming front of opposition, there are still options available for those who wish to use credit cards for altcoin purchasing.

While the major banks in the U.S., the United Kingdom, and Australia have all signed on to banning credit card purchases for altcoins, Canada’s banks have not. While there has been no statement in support of altcoins and while the banks reserve the right to revisit the issue, the largest Canadian banks have indicated that they currently do not plan to restrict credit-line purchases for altcoins, barring that the merchant networks involved accept the transaction in the first place.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
it is true your opinion but itupun with the requirements of the government will legalize bitcoin as a currency that applies as a means of buying and selling new transactions deposits with bitcoin will happen
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
I think Yes, but they might study first it well so that's not a problem for people in Deposit / Withdrawals. For me if ever it happens it will be profitable for banks and Bitcoin will be more secure by those who own it. It's possible to happen but it takes time Grin
Activity: 90
Bitcoin is a popular currency. But, I think this is not possible. Because the bank wants to deposit before depositing anything. Bitcoin has no position. Which can not be seen, is not in reality, Only is not available online. Therefore, the bank will not deposit on any unseen object.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
Even if the banks offered bitcoin deposits in the future why would you deposit your bitcoins in a bank? So that the governments can seize it at any time they want? When there is secure options like hardware wallets then why would anyone deposit their Bitcoins with a third party. Not to mention the possibility of banks getting hacked and you losing your bitcoins due to it.
Pages:
Jump to: