Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 74. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
I think they will start doing b that when more and more people start using it.When a major bank n starts doing it others will FOMO in
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
bvo.trybravo.com

What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).

I don't think that would ever happen. Conventional banks are mortal enemies of cryptocurrencies because the latter can destroy the whole system of banking due to their obvious advantages.
So why should banks promote bitcoin??
More importantly, banks will be afraid of dealing with such a highly volatile asset as cryptocurrency - you never know when its exchange rate will fall below zero.
Activity: 285
Merit: 100
Perhaps the only, but significant enough minus investment crypto currency at interest - non-trading risks, such as the option of closing the stock exchange, as a result, the loss of all invested funds.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
Found something on Quora just with same title https://www.quora.com/What-banks-do-accept-bitcoin
Activity: 112
Merit: 13
many digital currency fans are glad to scape the world of fiat, in any case, having the capacity to effectively change from utilizing fiat monetary standards to managing absolutely in cryptos will require some investment and a totally new keeping money infrastructure. well it relies upon the country yet If you're situated in a country that still treats cryptos with doubt then there's still a problem with banks that will accept bitcoin deposits.
Activity: 126
yes if the bank wants to take big risks for him and no one can guarantee itself even the country does not. if it does happen maybe the bank is already cooperating in its investment and even has a very influential asset on Bitcoin itself which can be an agreement.
Activity: 357
Merit: 10
I think so,because here in my country our bank was looking for blockchan and also our national banks was looking to use bitcoin,so if theres country who will be the first for depositing bitcoin,i thinks this is my country.
Activity: 84
One of the main purposes of bitcoin is decentralization.Our transaction will be free from being tracked by these third party entities and provide privacy in our every transaction.Bitcoin users will use banks if ever they will offer bitcoin deposits and doesn't disregards its purpose by becoming centralized.The banks must do application or developing works and make digital wallets for them to gain even people investing in bitcoins.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
I believe that this is unlikely. Bitcoin was created so that we do not use the services of banks or any other intermediaries. We do not need it.
Activity: 285
Merit: 11
quarkchain.io
Even if bank offer bitcoin deposits, people won't even deposit their bitcoin in banks because they will be afraid of banks giving them stories.  Bitcoin is actually safer in our Wallet.
Activity: 278
I think that we will get to the point when banks decide that they have to cooperate with the crypto community so they will start offering bitcoin deposits but it will not happen right away, this kind of precess will take a while.
Activity: 730
Merit: 102
Trphy.io
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

This will be very hard as bitcoin price is very volatile. The banks first priority is making money for themselves. So they need to control what they invest in or what they put out. So that means interest rates and the likes.
Activity: 70
I think yes, but not too soon. Some of the banks are not that confident when it comes to blockchain topic. Hackers are out there and banks are not ready to face that kind of security breach as of the moment they have to study the technology for them to accept the and allow their corporations to offer bitcoin deposits.
Activity: 7
There is a great possibility that Bitcoin will be used as an investment product. Like stock futures, banks will accept Bitcoin as a risky investment wealth management product and accept bitcoin storage. Of course, they will also accept transactions between users of Bitcoin and the fees may be reduced. This may also be a good news for Bitcoin.
Activity: 163
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Cryptocurrencies are more like Securities or Commodities so their value fluctuates following demand and supply.
My answer is banks will not offer BTC deposits. It would be quite enough for me if stock markets offer cryptocurrency  trading.
Banks though can offer a deposit box where you can store your private key on an envelope or nano ledger s
It will be more popular and interesting to put bitcoin as commodity and can be traded in commodity trading like stock trading. Bank will be more suitable to offer service to bitcoin holders for saving/storing theirs key number of their wallet for security reason. In addition, bank also can take function to transfer bitcoin from someone to another via banking channel to improve services to bank customers.
Activity: 279
probably, it will be a hybrid of the investment fund and a bank interest deposit, but the payment of dividends is not in fiat and in bitcoins. And the percentage will not be fixed, but floating, depending on the success of the year, but with some minimum bar.
Activity: 238
Merit: 33
I think you can wait long time for cryptocurrency deposits in banks. The banks  are actually the one who hate cryptocurrencies at most and also fear they at most. Because they cant controll them, thats why they are so afraid of them. And as long as they are existing, i dont think that they will every accept cryptocurrency as deposit or payment!
Activity: 137
Merit: 1
This is why regulation needs to come in before bitcoin can be fully accepted by most banks. At the moment many institutions still see bitcoin as a bubble and an unserious currency to depend on due to its volatility. If btc is regulated I believe that when regulations come in, many banks will jump at the opportunity that btc brings
Activity: 163
I think yes because there is no other source of money but the bank can also be in the cebuana because that is the only possible source of money here in bitcoin propelled in our country where the source of money is using bitcoin because our country is a security bank and cebuana lhuillier
Activity: 346
The idea is interesting - although the percentage of annuals is some small (in the bank and more can be obtained with greater guarantees). But in general a couple of questions could raise the level of confidence: - what successes of trading (drop the link to the purses - how much has passed / was / has become); - what documents are ready to provide (contracts and other)
Pages:
Jump to: