Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 76. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
One of the founders of the project Talon Media Group, Jon Southurst, says: "As far as I know, they are the first in Japan ... I do not know how they are going to pay interest in bitcoins ... The question is, how can there be extra bitcoins - this should be either speculative trading, or mining - in another way to invest bitcoins is not possible. Any hedge fund? "
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits?
  for the time being we can not yet confirm whether the bank ever made an offer on bitcoin deposits. but from various information obtained tiak longer longer possibility of the banks will offer bitcoin deposits.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
They will. They have to because more and more people are getting involved in crypto. Now how that will happen, what method they will use and how they will implement that, that is the real question.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
It would not do any bank opening account for bitcoin holder, because how would they do it if talking is the interest rate of your bitcoin deposited in the bank, especially the prices of bitcoin always up and down every minute/seconds, so how to compute the interest rate if ever banks  will open an account fo bitcoin holder.
Activity: 231
If later bitcoin already has a better system and the risk becomes minimal then it should be the bank to improvise by receiving bitcoin investment. Thus means bitcoin is acceptable and useful for all parties
Activity: 462
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

It can also be not profitable and full of losses for banks as well because of how volatile bitcoin pricing are. That's why they might not accept bitcoins. They're practically at cut throat precision when they're investing with bitcoins so it's probably a good idea to stay away from it.
Activity: 392
Then whether later if the bank offers bitcoin deposits as investment, if something bad happens the risk will be borne by the bank? I do not think banks will offer anything like that because it is too risky for the bank. But if it happens then as a bitcoin user I feel it should support it.
Activity: 518
Merit: 184
That is possible because banks need to enhance their business for sure in the near future they will offer bitcoin deposits. As bank do invest as well in bitcoin for better profit. It would add up to their income if they will offer bitcoin deposits but it would be riskier. For me it would be better for each individual to manage their own bitcoin rather than entrust their investments to bank just saying.
Activity: 168
Yes of course. Banks knows the market trend is changing very fastly. If they won't adopt bitcoin than they left behind in this game
Jlv
Activity: 336
The Future Of Work
Well, maybe the banks try to study and plan all of this and think how it will be profitable for them and to all of us also, if this happen then it would be easier for us now to make transactions with the bank.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
Currently there is no bank that offers bitcoin deposit,Most banks today reject the existence of criptocurrency / bitcoin, but I am sure as time goes by the bank will offer bitcoin deposit  and receive bitcoin.
Activity: 644
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

I am looking forward to it to happen someday or sooner. Its a very good decision to the banks if they decide to offer this bitcoin deposit. It will give a good opportunity in the banks. But for now, it is impossible because many countries is still deciding if they want to accept crypto currency in their country or they will banned it because it can cause a negative effect in the economy. But I am hoping that bitcoin will possible to deposit in the banks. And the banks will be a partner in comes to bitcoin to be more safe in investing.
Activity: 305
I am hoping for  someday.  It  possible to happen since bitcoin is now popular and there are more users that currently engage in crypto trading and using btc as payment system.
Activity: 378
Merit: 3
it seems to me like something that is impossible, reasons being that banks are already combating bitcoin, because it poses as a threat to them, they are loosing shareholders and investors to bitcoin.
Activity: 203
Its quite difficult to see Banks offering Bitcoin Deposits, Bitcoins is already a competition to the Banks, who  inturn consider them threats, there is no way you can be promoting your competitor, however if BC somehow gets centralized then there are chances that Banks might offer BitcOIN Deposits
Activity: 854
It’s an idea which will end up fetching the banks huge sums of profit but with the current situation where there is no guarantee about the future of bitcoin, I don’t think any bank will go into such business. But it is likely to happen if bitcoin’s future becomes certain.
Activity: 408
www.bitpaction.com
For me much better bitcoin make their own bank  because other bank is not safe. So we can deposit  our earns not only in bitcoin but also our other savings.  i know its to much process before that happen but nothing is impossible.just make sure the security and safety of pir money ang it will be work. More power to bitcoin
Activity: 24
Merit: 6
I don't think this is ever going to happen. Maybe in the far future when all payments go crypto (I'm talking in 100+ years) there may be a different kinds of "banks" we can't even imagine, offering all kinds of services we can't even think of right now. But traditional banks as we know them will not give you interest from keeping hands on your coins.
Activity: 196
we can't deny that the bitcoin blockchain technology has overwhelmed the banking and financial institutions, it will take time for them to accept the fact that they have to add bitcoin related transactions to their operations and continue their services to people globally.
Activity: 409
We do not know what will be the future of bitcoin in the bank, we can't say how bitcoin accept on the bank, but i think if there are many people who adapt bitcoin as their currency and if there are many stores that will accept bitcoin, maybe banks will offer bitcoin as deposit on the bank too.
Pages:
Jump to: