Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 82. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 163
Merit: 10
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
There is a small chance of a banks to offer a bitcoin deposit because bitcoin is a very complex thig and it is decentralised so they wil not get a tax with the bitcoin, and also banks are usually lead by some of the government of a country. So it can be a good idea but it will takes time to manage it completely.
Activity: 322
There will be time that comes that bank offers
 bitcoin deposits , this is because some banks of some countries already accepting bitcoins as  payments and encashments , with this good  relations , the banks might offer bitcoin deposits into their bank for bitcoin customers and investors.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

I think it can be done under centralized cryptocurrency but Bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency, so this is very unrealistic thought, and there's no need to deposit your BTC or any Altcoin in the bank as well as it is in your wallet is already secured , then hold and wait for the right time to dump. I'm pretty sure it is profitable .
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
I think the banks will not offer BTC deposits
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
That is surely going to happen. People can't always bring their ledger or trezor with them all the time because they can be lost or misplaced so the banks are going to be the alternative way of accessing our bitcoin when we are travelling.
Activity: 357
Merit: 250

In my opinion the bank may start offering people to deposit their bitcoins with legal accounts inorder to survive,
the whole concept of bitcoins is to provide financial freedom and not allow any third party to interfere between the person and his/her earnings, so privacy would be a whole lot different , they won't be able to sneak peak into anyone's account like they used to do .
Activity: 336
I think if the bank uses bitcoin as an alternative deposit in the bank it will make the customers confused and will arise various conflicts, I think banks will use blockchain technology but not to use bitcoiin.
Activity: 224
Well then it would end in the same cycle which it wanted to change the monopoly of banks over currency regulations
Activity: 266
It become very profitable for banks if they make good decision but how if not? Bank is not handled by one man power and ot has management and sometime below government so all the decision has to be made by many people in magament. With that reason i think it would be very hard for bank to make it true.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Well, maybe. they could someday, when the legislation Battle is finished and there is nothing much they can do about the existence of BTC, Then they might just consider including Bitcoin in their deposits list, something that im seeing happen very soon
Yeah that could have been done if the regulation for bitcoin had been implemented. we know that banks may be interested in receiving deposits with bitcoin. because banks are also looking for customers as much as possible because their goal is that. maybe it will happen in the next few years. waiting for the government to legalize bitcoin
Activity: 196
Merit: 3

This is quite difficult to happen. Imagine if you put your bitcoin in the bank, how could you get it back if ever the banks already decided to close your account? Likewise, it will need further regulations, terms and conditions in order to make your deposit safe in the bank.
Activity: 294
Well, maybe. they could someday, when the legislation Battle is finished and there is nothing much they can do about the existence of BTC, Then they might just consider including Bitcoin in their deposits list, something that im seeing happen very soon

Maybe now the bank will not do the offering of bank deposits using bitcoin, because they are not yet recognizing it, but I hope soon the bank will do accept it as an opening.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

Banks Will not offer Bitcoin deposits if ever because of being volatile. The fuctuation of the price Will cause  big loss for the banks if ever and  it contributes  big benefits for the deposiitors.
I think banks are smart too, if they accept a deposit with bitcoin, they will not take the risk to hold bitcoin in their steel box, of course they will convert it automatically to fiat with actual rate that is to avoid loss, actually it can be done by bank ? but until now there is no bank ready to do that
Activity: 130
Activity: 111
I think real banks won't offer that to bitcoin. If Bitcoin will be centralized then banks might offer bitcoin to deposit. But Actually, I really have no hope on this.
Activity: 693
Merit: 100
A German bank has used Bitcoin for loan payments and debt repayments from investors. This could be a big step forward for Crypto when there is a country with a large bank that accepts Bitcoin and uses it as a form of payment.
Real bank is a centralized system and bitcoin is a decentralized form of monetary transaction, I don't think it can be interface so maybe if bank wants to have bitcoin deposition then they must have to go with the flow of crypto world and they will start making their own crypto bank.
Activity: 196
This statement will be interesting, If banks offered this service.
Activity: 87
Merit: 4
If we speaking kinda teoritally.. well, I guess it is possible sometimes.. maybe after all bitcoins would be mined.. and price could be more predictable.. but I'm sure banks will not offer for you very good conditions...
They will earn money for themselves first of all..

agree,I think it's just the matter of time. banks need to consider how fluctuate bitcoin price is so they won't get big loss. Indeed if banks would offer this kind of service , maybe we have to wait until bitcoin itself legal in all over the world.
Activity: 229
It is only if banks come to understand that there are profits and many benefit in bitcoin and cryptocurrency trading and offers.
Activity: 126
I think due to bitcoins's decentralized nature they will never buy into the idea. This especially goes to the government banks. 

I think they may interesting investors that type by saying that bitcoin they will be secure in their hands. we know how to the Bank to do well in the making money. I love deposit Fiat me to the Bank and they make money with it but if bitcoinnya. I don't think I will take advantage of this service but it is possible that it will come and they will target investors / holder bitcoin that is not really understand what bitcoin, be the Bank of your own.
Pages:
Jump to: