Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 84. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 102
this is still possible, maybe after goverment make some good regulations on bitcoin or after the bitcoin price in the market not too votalite, i mean we should wait until bitcoin have a value not only a dump and pump assets. but i dont think this kind of deposits system will be the first way or thing that banks do to involve in bitcoin or crypto industry. just let see
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
I just have a question, why do you want banks to offer that service? Why are you unable to store your own coins? Such a business could without a doubt be very profitable for banks and if enough people did that they could do the same that they did to gold, they will begin to print imaginary bitcoin and create fractional reserve banking, so I really hope that never happens.
Activity: 581
Merit: 108
Without doubt yes the banks will offer bitcoin and other crypto deposits because this is the digital era and cryptos apparently are the drivers of this new virtual economy, We might have read some news in the past of banks closing some crypto bank accounts but this was only because they was no frame work for banks to work with and they were protecting themselves from being punished by their central banks but now that the green light is closer than ever in most countries...cryptos will be used on a daily basis without worrying of bank accounts been closed.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
It might not be so soon but with time banks will adopt bitcoin as means of  deposit.  Some are already coming upwith their own coin and with this you can buy airtime,  subscribe TV channels  and some other subscription.
I agree.If the government has its own possibility to adopt bitcoin and legalize it in the near future,then i think central banks or even rural banks will soon to adopt it too.Through bitcoin deposits,even how volatile it is,banks will really make good money if they know how valuable bitcoin is.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
It might not be so soon but with time banks will adopt bitcoin as means of  deposit.  Some are already coming upwith their own coin and with this you can buy airtime,  subscribe TV channels  and some other subscription.
Activity: 448
Merit: 122
Banks are always afraid of bitcoin due to it high volatility and it ability not to be controlled by any third part in doing it transactions, bank can never allowed bitcoin transactions or deposits because they may stand to lose when price of bitcoin falls because bitcoin has no stable or fixed price.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

If a banks offers me to store my Bitcoins in them then I would be glad to accept it because it will be more secure and I'll have someone to blame with if my Bitcoins will be lost.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101

For me, they will, but I qualify it by saying that it may take a long time. Banks are very cautious with the investments or business they invest in or follow through. Therefore, since this market is just too volatile and too unpredictable, I don't think banks would even consider it right now because the money that they actually use is not their own money, but the money of their investors and depositors. So, if thye would jeopardize the money of their customers, it would not help their business nor their image.
You are right, it takes time, if a certain country allows or legalize bitcoin already then there is a big chance that bitcoin will accept in a bank and has a potential as well that they will offer bitcoin deposits. But so far now, we cannot clearly see it based on the status of bitcoin that it is still in the acceptance stage.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 905

I don't think so mate. Actually, based on what I read, recently, there are so many banks that are already accepting cryptocurrency transactions, if not, are already starting to venture in the market to test it out for future changes to be implemented geared to actually include cryptocurrency-based business in their current system. I say that because I know that banks are business entities, therefore, it would be more common for them to arrive at a point where they would embrace this market rather than closed their doors to it.
The reason of why they offer bitcoin exchange and services is that on another way they'll loose their customers, especially loyal ones. Since it's new, modern and sounds futuristic, they have to follow it. But we all know how risky cryptocurrency is. Banks in economically strong countries usually offer 1-2% yearly of deposits. If banks even offer 0.1%, this can turn into a huge loss for them. Imagine they bought bitcoins and it started fall, they'll lose a lot of money or oppositely, they'll earn a lot of money. The thing that makes this game riskier than ever is it's decentralization.
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
“Blockchain Connection Framework”

For me, they will, but I qualify it by saying that it may take a long time. Banks are very cautious with the investments or business they invest in or follow through. Therefore, since this market is just too volatile and too unpredictable, I don't think banks would even consider it right now because the money that they actually use is not their own money, but the money of their investors and depositors. So, if thye would jeopardize the money of their customers, it would not help their business nor their image.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257

I don't think so mate. Actually, based on what I read, recently, there are so many banks that are already accepting cryptocurrency transactions, if not, are already starting to venture in the market to test it out for future changes to be implemented geared to actually include cryptocurrency-based business in their current system. I say that because I know that banks are business entities, therefore, it would be more common for them to arrive at a point where they would embrace this market rather than closed their doors to it.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
As the space is evolving sure there is a high possibility of this, but more importantly is to have cryptocurrency bank, where Bitcoin  will be available as a means of transaction, against altcoin and fiat. The world has no choice than to embrace the change of the moment,digital currency is the way to go.
Activity: 294
Merit: 17
Because of high volatility of bitcoin I don't think that it will be good for banks. Imagine you have invested 1BTC = $8000 in bank and before the end of the year the price of bitcoin dramatically decreased to $6500, it may not look good for you since you are expecting an interest equivalent to the value at the time you have deposited you bitcoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Perhaps such a scenario takes place, but very soon. First, the government should accept bitcoin as a currency, and then we can talk about the interest of banks in it.
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Future of Gambling | ICO 27 APR
this will only be possible if we restructure the banking system or the bitcoins infrastructure. bitcoins is supposed to be anonymous and this will be a huge challenge for any bank because by the nature of their setup banks will need to know who is transferring or doing a particular transaction and what we refer to as KYC (know your customer) information. The privacy is what attracts a number of individuals who need this anonymous status and so even if banks were to eventually offer deposits we would need to furnish them with information thereby destroying the bitcoin one address to another without having to endure any question and answer session, so if this were to become possible then eighter side would have to make drastic changes which would remake/change the face of their institution.
Eventually, I think that Bitcoin will be allowed by banks for deposit transactions. Bank owners are smart enough to know that they might lose if they compete against a system that is being known worldwide. Somehow, they will find a method in order to make the banks and cryptocurrencies become a part of each other.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
To be honest, considering the price volatility I don't think that banks will take such kind of risk anywhere in near future unless it is legalised in the eyes of law. Bitcoin is a part of the highly volatile market and even 1% price fluctuation might affect the whole cash flow of banks so I don't think banks are going to accept Bitcoin as of now. On the other hand, banks are trying to implement blockchain technology in order to optimise their traditional infrastructure, so they might come up with their own coin but again it will depend on the legal status of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
In my humble opinion, I think banks for now will not open bitcoin deposits since they haven't yet adopted how to handle deposits using a digital currency. However, in the near future since cryptocurrencies are becoming more popular nowadays, then banks should developed a way to address this kind of option to serve the people in handling their bitcoin deposits.
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
For me, bitcoin holders don't need banks at all. It's like finally having a decentralized money system and wanting to go back to a centralized one. I think bank is for fiat and our cryptocurrency should be under our protection. And if ever they will offer something like that, for sure it won't be that eeasy to withdraw all your money. Banks have been unfair for a long time. It's like giving them another opportunity to earn from our hardworks.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I hope they do on the soonest possible time. That would be the day bitcoin becomes mainstream. Bank employees would be trained to handle cryptocurrency transactions to non-techie people in a manner they would understand.
Easy to say.. Bank will not accepted bitcoin because it was a very high risk investment. Bank are hold peoples money. What will happen if bitcoin drop to the ground. Very sure bank will bankrup.

Right. You can hope they do but they won't. Cryptocurrencies are a threat to bankers and the banking industry. Notice how some banks disallow even debit card transactions when it's for crypto? They'll make sure they keep holding your money.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
it might be possible in future when bitcoin and altcoins become properly accepted all over the then banks may accept coins as a deposit
Pages:
Jump to: