Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 86. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0
Yes i think they will, because they can  gain a lots of profit in opening accounts for bitcoin deposits.but the question is will the bitcoin holders agree to the terms and conditions that the bank will offer.If i am a bitcoin holder why should i deposit my bitcoins through banks when i know the assurances of earnings through an investment capital of my own and knowing it is also very safe stored in my wallet.But if the banks can make a real deal agreement in terms of bitcoin that would be great.maybe they can make a bitcoin card debits that is automatically acceptable in ATM machines and converts it with what kind of currency we will withdraw anywhere in the world.I love to hear the opinion from the banks,what do you think ?
Activity: 296
Merit: 13
If this scenario will happen, it is complete contradiction of of their individual business statement. But I believe that Banks at this time are deliberating the best possible options to integrate bitcoin in their operation and services at their benefit. However, Banks will have to pursue this because they see the reality that we are now in the pre-digital era and time will come that digital money will dominate.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
i think everything that deals with money and profit and investment requires risk. the world is changing and its moving towards a digital world. banks have been around for centuries but they survived because they adapt to changes. i guess banks will eventually come to a point wherein they will accept bitcoins as deposit no matter the risk. however, for this tobecome a reality will take a while.
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
Some bank officials in my country have already express support on the use of cryptocurrencies but there is still no plans to open a deposit for a cryptocurrency. A law might still be needed to enact first before government gives approval to any bank that wanted to allow a bitcoin deposit.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? Decentralization will be number on problem because most of government banks will not allow it because it will affect them drastically
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
I am damm sure that in the future banks will surely offers the bitcoin deposits. In present time the government and banks are hesitating in involving into bitcoin because they do no find it trust worthy and believes that introducing bitcoin in nation can put national security in danger because of increasing illegal use of bitcoin but in the future when bitcoin will be centralised, there will be authorised regulating body over bitcoin then banks will also allow to offer the bitcoin deposits and I think this is beneficial too because I think banks are the safest place to store your bitcoins.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
I do not think so. BTC price fluctuations too high. No one can accept holding them. High risk of holding BTC, if the bankruptcy may bankruptcy.
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
First, it's quite the opposite of decentralization. If you store your coins in an bank's wallet, then the government will be able to block your account. Also the privacy won't be protected.

And how much profit do you advise? 1% 2% 10% ?
Given the bitcoin price volatility these profits can be earned in only one week or even one day.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
This is quite possible really. Not far fetched if you'll think about it. Some big names in the banking industry (though even more are still skeptical) have actually looked into this idea. And if I'm not mistaken, a handful of them have already started incorporating Bitcoin into their system. I believe that the realization of the cryptocurrency market and Bitcoin in particular as being profitable and beneficial on their cause have already crossed their minds. I wouldn't be surprised that one of these days the idea of Bitcoin deposits in these banks would actually materialize.  
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
I think due to bitcoins's decentralized nature they will never buy into the idea. This especially goes to the government banks. 
Activity: 1512
Merit: 326

I do not think it will be possible because a bank has a financial manager whose bank finances and state assets are safe and show profits. he will not allow any loss in any amount. -1% is the beginning of danger to them. if they let their financial crypto get messy. and also trading stock market and crypto are very different. they already know that.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Do you even know why bitcoin is being preferred more than fiat currencies? Bitcoin is decentralized and fiat currencies are centralized. Once you put your bitcoins on bank, it no longer possess the decentralized characteristics. It becomes more like a centralized currency where you will lose full control of your coins. If you want to get fixed amount of profit per year from bank just stick with traditional currencies. Bitcoin and banks will never go together.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
dont be greedy
it seems like it is not going to happen, because it does not want to take big risks
except for Ripple, for some reason, Ripple seems to have the support of all conventional banks in the world
but this is just a rumor, there is no certainty
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
Once banks finally realize that instead of fighting against crypto, they can join this innovative market and make big bucks, surrender to crypto trading, and allow their clients to carry out virtual currency transactions.
This will be a superb cryptos victory
Activity: 1150
Merit: 260
☆Gaget-Pack☆
I could be wrong, but it really doesn't seem likely. I would think the banks would offer their own version of a cryptocurrency first before they use Bitcoin, but who knows? I think exchanges like Coinbase make it simple enough to trade fiat and crypto.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
they no choice if they avoid crypto they will be left behind if very person use  digital wallet so I think they making a move to find ways to collided with BTc and the fact that banks and  government can't stop the popularity of crypto.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
April 29, 2018, 02:46:13 PM
I think banks will do it in the future. If cryptocurrencies continue to spread banks will not be able to ignore this phenomenon and will agree to accept it for their own economic interest.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
April 29, 2018, 02:43:39 PM
Banks can provide services for converting crypto currency, while having their interest from each such operation. However, banks are unlikely to accept crypto currency, for example, bitcoin for deposit storage. Banks will not risk, because it is very difficult to predict the bitcoin rate. They constantly warn citizens that investing in bitcoin is a very risky investment, so they will not take bitcoins in a deposit to pay interest on them, knowing about the high volatility of bitcoins.
It's clear that banks or any company will never offer deposits with positive interest rate IN FIAT. For example you lend 1 bitcoin to bank at price $9300 and they will return $9800 after one year no matter what is the price of bitcoin after one year. This is simply too risky for them. But the real question is, are there any companies that offer deposits without conversion - so you lend them 1 bitcoin and receive 1.05 bitcoins after one year. Here the risk is not on their side but on your side. Maybe bitcoin will be worth only half the value after one year, but you will still get only 1.05 bitcoins. Where does the bank get those 0.05 BTC? They get it from people who take credit in bitcoins and return more bitcoins to the bank than they borrowed.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
April 29, 2018, 12:22:30 PM
Banks can provide services for converting crypto currency, while having their interest from each such operation. However, banks are unlikely to accept crypto currency, for example, bitcoin for deposit storage. Banks will not risk, because it is very difficult to predict the bitcoin rate. They constantly warn citizens that investing in bitcoin is a very risky investment, so they will not take bitcoins in a deposit to pay interest on them, knowing about the high volatility of bitcoins.
Activity: 868
Merit: 151
April 29, 2018, 12:09:29 PM
Of course they will. It's a lot of money, they will not stay away. But I did not trust them and I will not trust them. I never took loans and did not hold deposits. Continuous scam. I saw how others in them lost still had to remain.

Only few countries would allow if they decide to do it else I think rest of countries would not allow it as they still have not even decided yet whether they have to allow or ban the crypto currency thus making it more difficult for banks that can accept it.

Pages:
Jump to: