Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 114. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
for short range answer will be big no but for long one yes must came coin better than bitcoin
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
Nothing is impossible. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and thus has its advantage. However, more advanced cryptocurrency may keep popping up. Hope Bitcoin can evolve,  improve and keep the leader role.
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Thats impossible because bitcoin is more uses than the other cryptocurency but if the cryptocurrency have new feature, new project or profitable than bitcoin i think that the reason to replaced by another crytocurrency. But i think theres no crypto currency can greater than bitcoin cause bitcoin is profitable than other cryptocurrency.
I agree with you . bitcoin is impossible to replaced by another cryptocurrency becuase bitcoin is bitcoin is strong and good and continiously to increase the value. And i think after 50 years new and muchbetter cryptocurrency than bitcoin will appear. Only time can replaced by bitcoin.

Please don't say this ever again. I really feel myself crying when someone compares bitcoins with altcoins. The alternative coins are no match for bitcoins.

They don't even stand near it. How any of the altcoins can can take it place. Just check the difference between the values. One last thing, nothing is gonna happen to bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
It is tough but not impossible. Bitcoin will be available till 2023 and it is very much possible for some other crypto currency to take over its place. Even though it will not be very easy, but not impossible also. However, I don't see that happening in 5-6 years. The kind of positivity and public trust is bestowed up on bitcoin, it will remain as the most valuable crypto currency till the time it is available.

Later on, some technically superior crypto currency can certainly get more investments than bitcoin and can replace it from the number one position. Anything can happen in future, that only time will tell. 

Agree. It is not that difficult for another cryptocurrency to take over Bitcoin's place. However, it may take a couple of years from now for that to become a reality since Bitcoin has an established branding and user acceptance.

If another cryptocurrency comes in with better technology, and with the ability to scale at a fast pace than Bitcoin, then it might probably take its place given that it will gain greater adoption and acceptance among the mainstream world.

But, in the meantime, we could enjoy all the benefits that the pioneer cryptocurrency provides, until the time comes to departure from it. The future brings many exciting things ahead and it will tell whenever Bitcoin will remain within its rightful place on the markets or not. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

It is tough but not impossible. Bitcoin will be available till 2023 and it is very much possible for some other crypto currency to take over its place. Even though it will not be very easy, but not impossible also. However, I don't see that happening in 5-6 years. The kind of positivity and public trust is bestowed up on bitcoin, it will remain as the most valuable crypto currency till the time it is available.

Later on, some technically superior crypto currency can certainly get more investments than bitcoin and can replace it from the number one position. Anything can happen in future, that only time will tell. 
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
i think its possible because some coins has also a potential  like etherium which value is also increasing and soon to overcome bitcoin or will replace his throne. some other coins also is better because of thier low transaction fees which is good to use if your saving up some bucks. but today more still more people loves bitcoin rather than any other coins because bitcoin has the highest value and continue to increase also it has alot of exposure and more popular.
Activity: 155
It will really be hard to say whether it will be replaced or not, time will tell but a lot of Alts have tried and failed maybe "the next big thing" can do the magic we are waiting. But in the real sense, Bitcoin has really come to stay and has maintain its position right up there and even other cryptos real value are determine in relation to the price of Bitcoin just like the USD in the FIAT world but who knows? The future is uncertain.

Bitcoin price and altcoin price are always related to each other, if the bitcoin demand high, the altcoin price will drop but in reverse, bitcoin price will drop simultaneously.

As of now, I'm not even thinking that bitcoin will be replaced by another crypto currency. Because if we will just look upon the achievements of bitcoin then no one can really able to reach it and look upon those hundreds of alts. I will frankly say that no one can ever replace bitcoin for these days or for next 10 years, but after that I can't tell.

Me too, I'm not thinking about the replacement of bitcoin. The important now is how to earn bitcoins in on your hard-work.
Activity: 1153
Merit: 252
there is no two Gold in life .. we have silver but no gold .
and bitcoin is only one in cryptocurrecny so i didn't think any crypto will replaced .
and if Dash or ETH hit 4600 .. i think bitcoin will go to more than 15000 .
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

maybe yes, maybe not. depending on what happens in the future. no one can predict for sure.

the question is. what can cause obsolete bitcoin? of course there should be a coin that exceeds that of bitcoin instead.
and to this day bitcoin still perched at number one.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Bitcoin is not going to be replaced very soon. No crypto can be of as high usage as bitcoin. It may take top of the other cryptos years to even compete with Bitcoin. Now a days, almost many places accept Bitcoin but I don't think that any other crypto has such more value when it comes to usage. You can even check the rates. The Bitcoin is the only crypto with highest rates currently. The current price of one Bitcoin is 4733.79 US Dollar which is far more than others e.g  Ethereum is at $389.51. I still believe that one day there will be other cryptos that may reach the level of Bitcoin but currently there is no crypto to compete Bitcoin.

Agree. Bitcoin with its current standing is hard to beat. It has managed to build up a strong reputation over the course of years, and now it is the most secure blockchain in existence. As a result of this, Bitcoin's prices have been on a constant uptrend, making the pioneer cryptocurrency stronger than ever. Given the fact that it has an established branding, it will be quite difficult for any emerging cryptocurrency to take its place.

What's more is that Bitcoin is finite in supply, leaving it opportunity to appreciate in value over time. With this in mind, the pioneer cryptocurrency has many strong points which will make it stand among other cryptocurrencies for many years to come.

Nonetheless, one day there could exist a cryptocurrency that could match Bitcoin's level in market cap and acceptance. Once this happens, there will be a major shift in the whole cryptocurrency market. But, in the meantime Bitcoin is king and will remain as is for a couple of years from now. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
It perfectly makes sense. Bitcoin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency in the future that will be better, more advanced, and more convenient. It will make sense that people will move on to the better currency and Bitcoin will be useless, obsolete. But it doesn’t mean that it will be useless. Bitcoin has laid the foundation for the modern currency. No doubt that the principles and functions will be adapted by the new digital currency. Bitcoin will become the father of the modern digital currency.

It has been almost ten years and no cryptocurrency has appeared that is even close to rival bitcoin this show to us the beauty of satoshi’s design, and it also show to us that even if surpassing bitcoin is possible in theory, bitcoin is not going to give up its top spot as the best cryptocurrency that easily, especially since the devs keep updating bitcoin.
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
I don't think so at all, i think bitcoin will survive and be superior to other coins. And i don't think this will happening in the future, bitcoin remains strong and is the strongest crypto currency for surely i guess and there will be no other coin that will shift bitcoin.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
Yes, this makes sense. Bitcoin is probably not suitable for replacing every and each fiat coin in the world right now as it is and make an unique, universal coin... So another coin will probably replace it, or Bitcoin will evolve so much that it will make no more sense to call it Bitcoin. Only future will tell.

yes. I think the key is development. if bitcoin stops growing I'm sure someday there will be another product similar to bitcoin that has many advantages compared to bitcoin, so bitcoin will be replaced.
Activity: 434
Merit: 168

Thats impossible because bitcoin is more uses than the other cryptocurency but if the cryptocurrency have new feature, new project or profitable than bitcoin i think that the reason to replaced by another crytocurrency. But i think theres no crypto currency can greater than bitcoin cause bitcoin is profitable than other cryptocurrency.
I agree with you . bitcoin is impossible to replaced by another cryptocurrency becuase bitcoin is bitcoin is strong and good and continiously to increase the value. And i think after 50 years new and muchbetter cryptocurrency than bitcoin will appear. Only time can replaced by bitcoin.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 259
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Anything can happen in cryptocurrency world  . any crypto can be replaced btcoin at any time. But it will be tough enough.
yes anything can happen but i think it is still not so easy. because currently bitcoin is the main crypto currency and still people like and give more preference to it as compare to any other altcoin. therefore i do not think that any other altcoin will have the power to overcome bitcoin so easily, i do do not think that it will happen in near future.
If something goes wrong with bitcoin and if the problem is cannot be solved by any solution then there is a lot of altcoins to choose from because they are all potential competitor of bitcoin and the only reason why they are not famous is because they don't have too much attention and volume but when bitcoin goes wrong then it is the best time for them.

altcoin will not replace bitcoin because if bitcoin is destroyed then altcoin will be the same. It takes strong trust from government and public business in this case, if in the future there is a new internet currency outside the science of cryptology, then that potential will still exist, but very impossible because there is no verbal algorithm other than crypto.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Anything can happen in cryptocurrency world  . any crypto can be replaced btcoin at any time. But it will be tough enough.
yes anything can happen but i think it is still not so easy. because currently bitcoin is the main crypto currency and still people like and give more preference to it as compare to any other altcoin. therefore i do not think that any other altcoin will have the power to overcome bitcoin so easily, i do do not think that it will happen in near future.
If something goes wrong with bitcoin and if the problem is cannot be solved by any solution then there is a lot of altcoins to choose from because they are all potential competitor of bitcoin and the only reason why they are not famous is because they don't have too much attention and volume but when bitcoin goes wrong then it is the best time for them.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
Anything can happen in cryptocurrency world  . any crypto can be replaced btcoin at any time. But it will be tough enough.
Activity: 197
Not in the near future by any chance (take it with a pinch of salt though). If it's that hard for the world to just accept one currency coin (and we are not even halfway there yet to be honest), how would you expect that one currency be replace by some other crytocurrency? Even if Apple or Microsoft bought over some other crypto entirely / create their own, it would be still an uphill task to overtake BTC in terms of awareness.
We do not know what it may happen in the future but at the moment there is not a single coin that is even close to replace bitcoin, just a few months ago people were talking about the flipping which was supposed to be the moment when ETH surpassed BTC and that did not happen and it seems it is never going to happen, besides with segwit finally activated bitcoin is finally ready to get world wide adoption.

Bitcoin is certainly the king of this sector. No matter if another coins is better than bitcoin in terms of functionality, bitcoin will maintain its leadership position in the market. It has a symbolic meaning for all of us.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
Not in the near future by any chance (take it with a pinch of salt though). If it's that hard for the world to just accept one currency coin (and we are not even halfway there yet to be honest), how would you expect that one currency be replace by some other crytocurrency? Even if Apple or Microsoft bought over some other crypto entirely / create their own, it would be still an uphill task to overtake BTC in terms of awareness.
We do not know what it may happen in the future but at the moment there is not a single coin that is even close to replace bitcoin, just a few months ago people were talking about the flipping which was supposed to be the moment when ETH surpassed BTC and that did not happen and it seems it is never going to happen, besides with segwit finally activated bitcoin is finally ready to get world wide adoption.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I can say that bitcoin is not irreplaceable, but bitcoin being used as a transaction by majority of people who are cryptocurrencies, just makes bitcoin being trusted and easy to handle with. I think you should clarify question, if you mean replaced, bitcoin is going to be taken over by another cryptocurrency in terms of value, i think there is a possibility, bu that cryptocurrency will be needed to be exchange to bitcoins if you want you want to exchange it fiat, since there are a lot of platforms wherein you can exchange bitcoin to fiat, but not other cryptocurrency can be exchange to fiat, what you can do with other cryptocurrency is still you can use it as digital money in exchange for goods or services. If you are asking if people will be using another cryptocurrency as their major investments, i doubt that happening in the near future, bitcoin has a lot of potential and is now showing how it can be dominant to other crypocurrencies, just check the historical charts. I think this question needs to be revised in order to be answered correctly since the question is vague.
I agree with this. If the question is about the replacement of bitcoin by any other cryptocurrency then I think most of us here still say no. what bitcoin have done so far in the market could not be done by any other crypto. So I think bitcoin will be dominant in coming years and there will be a blast in market of just bitcoins, I assure you.
We should not be so much optimistic about the future of bitcoin, we had such experiences of lowering down of the prices of gold even though all the traders and investors knew better than me that gold is the most stable item in the international market. You are also right but according to the present scenario of bitcoin as the present situation of publicity, investment, trading and marketing of bitcoin is very hopeful and positive.
Jump to: