Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 113. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
I think it is very likely, now all the people that make the coins and they cooperate with one another to strengthen communities, an example is the Ethereum, there are many developers who utilize network ethereum.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
It is tough but not impossible. Bitcoin will be available till 2023 and it is very much possible for some other crypto currency to take over its place. Even though it will not be very easy, but not impossible also. However, I don't see that happening in 5-6 years. The kind of positivity and public trust is bestowed up on bitcoin, it will remain as the most valuable crypto currency till the time it is available.

Later on, some technically superior crypto currency can certainly get more investments than bitcoin and can replace it from the number one position. Anything can happen in future, that only time will tell. 

Agree. It is not that difficult for another cryptocurrency to take over Bitcoin's place. However, it may take a couple of years from now for that to become a reality since Bitcoin has an established branding and user acceptance.

If another cryptocurrency comes in with better technology, and with the ability to scale at a fast pace than Bitcoin, then it might probably take its place given that it will gain greater adoption and acceptance among the mainstream world.

But, in the meantime, we could enjoy all the benefits that the pioneer cryptocurrency provides, until the time comes to departure from it. The future brings many exciting things ahead and it will tell whenever Bitcoin will remain within its rightful place on the markets or not. Just my thoughts Grin
To me that does not seem to be that easy, thousands of coins have been created and not even a single coin has surpassed bitcoin for a moment, that should show to us how solid is bitcoin and I think that if the next fork that is coming in November does not affect bitcoin that much then we could have at least another decade of bitcoin dominance over the market of crypto.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
I would say that in the near future (something like 3-5 years) Bitcoin will almost certainly remain the first. If we speak about the period of ten or more years I am not so sure. The reason for this is an extremely fast growth of crypto industry. Who knows, maybe in years ahead someone will invent a cryptocurrency that is different from bitcoin and better than any other. But these are only my thoughts, which are not proved by any fact.
Activity: 737
Merit: 11
I think this is very possible, now many people make coins and I'm sure 1 among there will be better everything and soon replace bitcoin.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Another came up as strong as btc ... but replaced not
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The only point that bitcoin cant offer is currently being anonymous transactions, as all  the discounts will show off into the wallet, i dont see it as a dilemma but as an gain, with this method you may know how considerably funds you had expended, some thing with fiat we dont control or do know the ammount.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
For the meantime no. No one can take bitcoin's place. If there will be a superior coin in the future, it still is going to be compared to bitcoin and it's price will still be derived from it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
It's hard to say that there's no possibility of this thing to happen since all cryptocurrency including Bitcoin are dependent on its market demand in terms of each of its market value. So if there'll be another crypto that will be more indemand than Bitcoin, for sure it will have a higher market value and will replace Bitcoin as the no.1 cryptocurrency l. But I highly doubt that it will totally obsolete Bitcoin because there are lots of loyal users of Bitcoin.
yes in fact everything is possible in this world. but we have to decide on fact and reality, and the reality is that bitcoin is still the number one currency of the world and the popularity of bitcoin is still increasing therefore i do not think that any other currency an replace its place so soon.
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
Very interesting discussion and most of you stated, that BTC will be number 1 once and for all (it's a BTC forum after all  Wink ).
I wonder, what happens, when Bitcoin gets banned in several companies. What will be outcome of this event?
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
I think its so hard to do..because bitcoin is one of strong and famous and have a great algoritm..
if other crypto want to shifting bitcoin..its mush be hard work to do
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
Winding down.
Maybe it will happen. if Bitcoin loses the trust of its users or the government prohibits the use of Bitcoin to transact or also the emergence of newer, more sophisticated crypto coins from Bitcoin.
But for now I think Bitcoin is irreplaceable.
You're right.And besides bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrencies so no wonder,all cryptocurrencies are just evolving around bitcoin.But if there are chances that new advanced cryptocurrency will appear,maybe it can replace bitcoin in its position.But as of today,bitcoin still rules all other cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't request loans~
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
It's hard to say that there's no possibility of this thing to happen since all cryptocurrency including Bitcoin are dependent on its market demand in terms of each of its market value. So if there'll be another crypto that will be more indemand than Bitcoin, for sure it will have a higher market value and will replace Bitcoin as the no.1 cryptocurrency l. But I highly doubt that it will totally obsolete Bitcoin because there are lots of loyal users of Bitcoin.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
Anything can happen in cryptocurrency world  . any crypto can be replaced btcoin at any time. But it will be tough enough.
yes anything can happen but i think it is still not so easy. because currently bitcoin is the main crypto currency and still people like and give more preference to it as compare to any other altcoin. therefore i do not think that any other altcoin will have the power to overcome bitcoin so easily, i do do not think that it will happen in near future.
If something goes wrong with bitcoin and if the problem is cannot be solved by any solution then there is a lot of altcoins to choose from because they are all potential competitor of bitcoin and the only reason why they are not famous is because they don't have too much attention and volume but when bitcoin goes wrong then it is the best time for them.
I do not think that is the case, there is going to be a lot of turmoil if something happens to bitcoin, all cryptos besides bitcoin are priced in bitcoin, and you need bitcoin to buy it, if bitcoin disappeared then all of the sudden people holding those coins will be unable to sell them and the price is going to plummet, I think eventually a new coin will take the top spot but fortunes will be lost in the process.
Activity: 728
Merit: 100
in my opinion for now bitcoin can not be replaced by any coin.
because bitcoin is famous so to be replaced takes a long time
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
i think no but we can think after a few years some altcoin will be so high like bitcoin so i think some altcoins will be going similar to bitcoin like eth now the price of eth now is a going similar little by little to bitcoin so i think the next popular is eth,this is my prediction only i dont know the future
Activity: 212
I am a Professional Graphic Designer
I do not understand, why some people always think negative. Bitcoin is the mother of crypto currency. In future exchange rate may differ but it is impossible to replace by another one. It does not have the possibility of extinction.
Activity: 121
I see no obvious contender to bitcoin yet, besides ethereum. But I will still keep my main stash in bitcoin until I see an obvious change happening.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Maybe it will happen. if Bitcoin loses the trust of its users or the government prohibits the use of Bitcoin to transact or also the emergence of newer, more sophisticated crypto coins from Bitcoin.
But for now I think Bitcoin is irreplaceable.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
Not in the near future by any chance (take it with a pinch of salt though). If it's that hard for the world to just accept one currency coin (and we are not even halfway there yet to be honest), how would you expect that one currency be replace by some other crytocurrency? Even if Apple or Microsoft bought over some other crypto entirely / create their own, it would be still an uphill task to overtake BTC in terms of awareness.
We do not know what it may happen in the future but at the moment there is not a single coin that is even close to replace bitcoin, just a few months ago people were talking about the flipping which was supposed to be the moment when ETH surpassed BTC and that did not happen and it seems it is never going to happen, besides with segwit finally activated bitcoin is finally ready to get world wide adoption.

Bitcoin is certainly the king of this sector. No matter if another coins is better than bitcoin in terms of functionality, bitcoin will maintain its leadership position in the market. It has a symbolic meaning for all of us.
The best thing is that bitcoin is still the best, there are some coins that have some uses, but most of the coins are nothing more than bitcoin with some modifications, and now with the new improvements on the network bitcoin may finally be able to get the adoption we are waiting, and if it does, then prepare yourself since the price of bitcoin is probably going to skyrocket in the next years.
Activity: 297
There is no way bitcoin is going to be replaced by another crypto currency because bitcoin is the game leader and it led the way for other coins to start coming up, anything that is going to make bitcoin go down is also taking other coins with it.
Jump to: