Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 112. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 103
It could happen, but I think it will take a long time to replace bitcoin, let's just look at bitcoin prices now above other coins.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
bitcoin is still consider too complicated for normal consumers

i believe it will be replaced by some more consumer friendly alt-coin

the coin that is as easy as to access and recognizable
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
i dont think so, that bitcoin can be replace by any other currency, bitcoin is getting popular day by day. people are entering in the world of bitcoin on daily bases, they are investing their money in bitcoin, some people are also using bitcoin as in place of fiat money, some shops are now accepting bitcoin for shopping, and the government is now taking serious decision about bitcoin legalization, therefore i do not think so that the bitcoin is going to be merge or replace my any other currency.
Activity: 325
Merit: 136
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

There is possibility but right now it would be harder to replace bitcoin because of the remarkable support of the investors that lead to reach its current value now. I think it can be replace only if the people do not have trust anymore in bitcoin and people massive dump the coin. But fortunately everybody seems holding on bitcoin because as time goes by it really breaks the all time record high and for sure it would still be on top in the next coming years.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
It could be. Look at what happened to MySpace. It was the king of social media before Facebook ever existed and millions used it. Now it is nothing.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Yes it could happen but i doubt very much it will happen the short to medium term, to actually make bitcoin obsolete would be a achievement.
Yes I agree since this is a currency which is expected not to be replaced any fiat but I see the thing will happen soon that some currency will sprout and be abovenitcoin if that currency is better than bitcoin, cause probably we will find the special features of it, comparison may come into our mind and it should be helpful ,accessible, systematic and decentralized as well, so expect that mamy more years some currency will sprout and be used, but I believe it will not occur ina short period of time.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
Maybe it will happen. if Bitcoin loses the trust of its users or the government prohibits the use of Bitcoin to transact or also the emergence of newer, more sophisticated crypto coins from Bitcoin.
But for now I think Bitcoin is irreplaceable.

Yup agree with this.

As of now , BTC is the preferred SOV (store of value)

However, others are emerging which currentyl do a better job as MOE (medium of exhange)  and not to mention offer much better privacy.
A possibility is that if bitcoin fails at becoming a currency used by the world is that bitcoin becomes the gold of cryptocurrencies and some other crypto becomes the one that circulates the most, this in fact happened to gold, the most widely use precious metal was not gold but silver, so it is possible that a coin that is considered to be very good but not as valuable as bitcoin becomes the most used crypto
Activity: 294
For me it will not happen. There is no altcoins that can replace the bitcoin. Bitcoin will be the no.1 cryptocurrency forever. Bitcoin is really powerful that no coins can surpass it.
centralized in all aspects as per bitcoin is the number currency because of its popularity now and as we can see on the market the performance that we can see on bitcoin that no one can ever replace on it.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
Nope. Well, too early to say. I have a feeling there will be more coming out, specifically from large corporations like Facebook which could easily challenge it. Imagine if Facebook launched "Facecoin" or something of that nature. Shocked
I will not be surprised if that happened, but I think such a specific coin will only be used for their own services and will not be an attempt to be a general currency like bitcoin tries to do, and even if they tried to create something similar to bitcoin we must take into account that facebook goes against the ideals of bitcoin of decentralization, the facebook coin will be nothing but a centralized attempt to disguise itself as the real thing.
I think it is very likely, now all the people that make the coins and they cooperate with one another to strengthen communities, an example is the Ethereum, there are many developers who utilize network ethereum.
Can bitcoin be replaced? Yes, is it likely? No, the only coin that is close to bitcoin is ETH, and even that coin is very far away in terms of market cap, but when it comes to actual usage there is no competition bitcoin is at the top by far and that is going to remain like that for a very long time and if bitcoin gets major adoption then it is going to be almost impossible to replace bitcoin.
Activity: 182
Merit: 108
Maybe it will happen. if Bitcoin loses the trust of its users or the government prohibits the use of Bitcoin to transact or also the emergence of newer, more sophisticated crypto coins from Bitcoin.
But for now I think Bitcoin is irreplaceable.

Yup agree with this.

As of now , BTC is the preferred SOV (store of value)

However, others are emerging which currentyl do a better job as MOE (medium of exhange)  and not to mention offer much better privacy.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
EMC2 prolly Wink ha lol

===>

kaboom

======>

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_emc2

Cool

#pump
Activity: 1428
Merit: 358
For me it will not happen. There is no altcoins that can replace the bitcoin. Bitcoin will be the no.1 cryptocurrency forever. Bitcoin is really powerful that no coins can surpass it.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
I think this is very possible, now many people make coins and I'm sure 1 among there will be better everything and soon replace bitcoin.
The number of coins begin created is irrelevant you could copy paste the code of bitcoin a million times an yet you will only have a million of copycats, a new coin that wants to overcome bitcoin will need to be many times better than bitcoin, it is not enough that it has a characteristic here and there in which is better because if that is the case then bitcoin could get improved by the devs and add that feature to bitcoin code.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
to me bitcoin is not likely to replace by one more currency, as a lot more and far more individuals are coming into in the area of bitcoin therefore bitcoin is becoming a lot more and a lot more secure, therefore there is chance that bitcoin will be replace by yet another currency.
Activity: 434
if it just because bitcoin price goes down this week that's normal for bitcoin
but we don't know what happened on the future.
The only point that bitcoin cant offer is currently being anonymous transactions, as all  the discounts will show off into the wallet, i dont see it as a dilemma but as an gain, with this method you may know how considerably funds you had expended, some thing with fiat we dont control or do know the ammount.
More than anything bitcoin is lacking cheap fees, while some complain about the speed of the network, the fees are the real problem, the fee can be as high as 5 dollars, if you want to buy a cheap product you are better off buying with fiat or paypal, fortunately I think this is going to be solved but we have yet to see the results of the improvements on the network.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
If anything, it will be replaced by ETH. Although unlikely, Ethereum is a very big technological innovation which Bitcoin does not currently replicate (although there are projects underway to do so).
I like to make that happen as well, I have my investment most on ETH platform, I have a lot of altcoins and when that happen
maybe I can say I will be rich. If the price of bitcoin now will be the price of ETH in the near future, then we will all benefit, it would be fast if
bitcoin will die because people will just transfer their money.
Activity: 752
Merit: 501
If anything, it will be replaced by ETH. Although unlikely, Ethereum is a very big technological innovation which Bitcoin does not currently replicate (although there are projects underway to do so).
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Nope. Well, too early to say. I have a feeling there will be more coming out, specifically from large corporations like Facebook which could easily challenge it. Imagine if Facebook launched "Facecoin" or something of that nature. Shocked
Jump to: