Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 109. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
Nope, the reply has been posted by a lot of users too, but bitcoin can not be replaced in just matter of days or even months. It has been the first cryptocurrency and it can not be replaced, what would happen to the other cryptos if bitcoin dissappears? everybody would be panicking, and the market would go to zero, it is incredible, but it might happen if bitcoin dissapears, or if it just gets replaced.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
It is NOT possible. If bitcoin is there then there is Crypto Industry, if Bitcoin is dead then there is no Crypto Industry is finished! There are absolutely no other way to it, there are literally no near to replacement of Bitcoin and as I said, it’s just NOT possible.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
It could be. Look at what happened to MySpace. It was the king of social media before Facebook ever existed and millions used it. Now it is nothing.
I’m not an expert but if I remember correctly both began being developed roughly at the same time, MySpace used an easier programing language that allowed them to be up and running much faster but it lacked flexibility, Facebook took more time but when it was ready you could do a lot more things with it, so I think the analogy does not apply completely to bitcoin and crypto even if I can see your point.
Activity: 350
Yes it may happen because new coins as watu continue to appear. but I highly doubt it will happen in the short to medium term just waiting.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
i dont think so, that bitcoin can be replace by any other currency, bitcoin is getting popular day by day. people are entering in the world of bitcoin on daily bases, they are investing their money in bitcoin, some people are also using bitcoin as in place of fiat money, some shops are now accepting bitcoin for shopping, and the government is now taking serious decision about bitcoin legalization, therefore i do not think so that the bitcoin is going to be merge or replace my any other currency.
logically when they want to try and use altcoin or other cryptocurrency they will definitely get to know bitcoin first or other cryptocurency users is definitely still dependent on bitcoin, see almost all cryptocurrencies have exchange rates depending on the bitcoin exchange rate right? so i think it is possible for cryptocurrency to replace bitcoin, but thechance is very small

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I don't think so. At least not in few years. To replace bitcoin the altcoin should be trusted and accepted more than bitcoin.
For now i can see only bitcoin accepted in few stores.
Activity: 140
I dont think it can be replaced unless its a coin with ground breaking new technology, which the alt coins right now lack. Bitcoin right now is popular even with ordinary people while other cryptocurrencies are only popular with investors and the altcoin community thats why it will take ages to be replaced.
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
It could happen but maybe in the long run, but currently it might seem not possible. Another way it can happen very fast is when bitcoin fees goes too extreme or problems starts emerging and nothing is done about it
I think that it is being replaced by many crypto right now. Bitcoin can not be used as a payment method anymore cause of its price. People tend to hold bitcoin instead of spending it and other coins are considered to replace bitcoin to become the next online currency.
Activity: 322
It's really hard cause it'll take too long for any coins to reach to over 4k$ price maybe 10 or 15 years but I think Bitcoin will reach to 10k$ soon so it'll be more difficult to get over Bitcoin at that price cause the total amount of Bitcoin all over the world still not mined out so Bitcoin price will keep increasing in at least next 5 - 7 years I think so if any coin can replace Bitcoin it'll take at least 15 - 20 years IMO Smiley)
Activity: 574
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

I think if bitcoins reach its cap that will result to increase in supply but will lessen its demands then maybe another cryptocurrency will step up and easily outshine bitcoin but I doubt that it will replace bitcoin totally, maybe there would be a seasonal trade off of reds and green In the market charts but not replacing one another.
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
I think nothing will be able to shift the bitcoin value for now. since the popularity of bitcoin will hold up the bitcoin price.
Activity: 249
It could happen but maybe in the long run, but currently it might seem not possible. Another way it can happen very fast is when bitcoin fees goes too extreme or problems starts emerging and nothing is done about it
Fees will go down, bitcoin is not replaceable.
Whoever enters crypto world is doing it because of bitcoin, not any other altcoin, this community is still young and more people are yet to come - and not because of altocoins.

Even if fees go up, the other altcoins cannot replace bitcoin. Bitcoin's demand and adoption is way above of other coins. This will maintain forever, if you ask me. It will dominate the world.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
While there is no need to replace bitcoin with another crypto currency, I hope that such a need will not arise in the future. Bitcoin as a digital technology does not stand still, but develops and continuously improves. This is constantly monitored by his team of developers and various techies, eliminating its vulnerabilities and making it more convenient and perfect.
Activity: 574
Merit: 139
Fees will go down, bitcoin is not replaceable.
Whoever enters crypto world is doing it because of bitcoin, not any other altcoin, this community is still young and more people are yet to come - and not because of altocoins.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 132
BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

do you think the most qualified criteria of these coins ?
if I may say, I dont know any other coins that can beat bitcoin, certainly not impossible can always be replaced. but if you look at the track record of bitcoin so far, there is no strong candidate to beat bitcoin.
Activity: 371
It might be possible that BTC will be "replaced" by a new cryptocurrency which will be spread and rolled Out by Big companies in the Future.
But i don't think BTC will be replaced by a - now existing - cryptocurrency
Yes you are right it can be possible when the currency change mind if people and show then an advance future life then that currency will popular from all others and people will love to invest in that currency but as we know the top currency is bitcoin now a days and I hope this currency will show the world that how it change people life and make their life.
Activity: 126
Yeah. Senselessly, it can happen. But, it depends for the consensus of all people that are in the community to decide wether that particular coin could ever defeat Bitcoin in the long run.
Activity: 196
Maybe it will be but not right now or next 5 years cause I think it will not happen when the total supply of Bitcoin is not mined out and it's really difficult to replace Bitcoin when price of Bitcoin is too high so I think it's really hard to replace the first place of Bitcoin on the marketcap. It's hard but not impossible so I still think Bitcoin will not be at the 1st place anymore and there will be some coin replace that place with better volume and higher price but not right now or in near future I think this case will only happen in next 10 years Smiley)
Activity: 328
Bitcoin will not be replaced by another cryptocurrency as it is far superior than any of it's competitors. The people that are working on Core are the best in the world and have the highest values in the world.
I don’t think this will happen but might be possible to replace because of many reasons like the quality of currency if good quality currency came out to market and people started following it then bitcoin will also goes down and wiped out but this is not possible because now bitcoin is on the top and people much like to invest in bitcoin not in others.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
I think it will be very hard for any other currency to replace bitcoin since bitcoin is been longer in the game than any other currency.

If there is an altcoin that will take over bitcoin then it will be ethereum. The reason why I am saying this is because a lot of altcoins are built on ethereum platform, you need ethereum to make transactions, this means that they will be too much demand for ethereum which will make the value go higher, still not sure if it will surpass bitcoin.
Jump to: