Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 195. (Read 186408 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001
In my opinion Bitcoin will have central position even in future when there will be lot of digital currencies backed by governments. What status dollar has right now that will be replaced by Bitcoin and an independent currency will be used to measure other currencies. Any private coin can not replace Bitcoin anymore.
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
Not a chance!!

The new wave of crypto will be ones that support bitcoin as a gold standard reserve currency of the blockchain....  although altcoins did due a great service to the blockchain world by testing new possibilities they are now basically becoming to obscure in their focus.

Blockchain platforms facilitating bitcoin remittance and services between fiat, bitcoin, and businesses are the only projects that will remain after the next bitcoin bubble.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Every currency which was there in the past is replaced regardless of how much valuable it was.
So obviously one day it will be replaced.

But I don't think that future is any near.

Gold and other precious metals, up to this day, are still being used somehow as a currency. They still stand to what they were before but it's just that many people or countries in the world opted to go for fiat and build their own currency. But still, again, up to this day people would still accept gold as a form of payment. It is not replaced totally, it's just that there is a more convenient and easier option that was invented after it.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
Every currency which was there in the past is replaced regardless of how much valuable it was.
So obviously one day it will be replaced.

But I don't think that future is any near.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Bitcoin will not be replaced by any other altcoin. I don't see any chance ofit happening. Bitcoin is way beyond the reach of any coin that is out there and it will be like that in future too. Every year new coins will come and go. This year we have Zcash. It's bitcoin forever!
yes ofcourse i also think so, bitcoin is not to be replace by any other currency, bitcoin is going to be stronger more and more and hope that a time will come when all the people will even replace their fiat in to bitcoin and the will then use bitcoin for their all kind of activities.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
It seems it can be replaced by the ZCash. ZCash has bigger block size and it is suitable for more transacitons.

uh huh. put all your money into it right now and let us know how it goes. good luck with that. you'll have a ball.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Bitcoin will not be replaced by any other altcoin. I don't see any chance ofit happening. Bitcoin is way beyond the reach of any coin that is out there and it will be like that in future too. Every year new coins will come and go. This year we have Zcash. It's bitcoin forever!

It seems it can be replaced by the ZCash. ZCash has bigger block size and it is suitable for more transacitons.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin is successful because it is popular and is being accepted worldwide. It has achieved status of digital currency unofficially by having legislative support in many countries. There is no other alternative currency at the moment having this kind of popularity and trust among people at universal level. I don't see any chance for any other at least for near future to be able to replace Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
In all aspects like popularity, usage option, practicality and whatnot, I think bitcoin has the edge over most cryptocurrencies. However in terms of other things like confirmation speed, other applications (like ETH) and other improved features of bitcoin (like some anonymity features), cryptos have an advantage to that but most of the time, people choose what is already established and backed by many other people.
Activity: 532
BTC. ETC. EOS
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
This is like can anything replace the sun or the moon. Next to impossible. There no currency that is capable of doing it. No one is close enough. So rest assured and buy more.
sorry to say this, but i think you are wrong. bitcoin has a very strong position but bitcoin is not the holy grail. bitcoin is always just one big bug away from total uselessness. however unlikely this seems it just shows a lack of imagination if you declare it next to impossible. i am also sure that it only is a question of time until there will be a better coin, it maybe even be out today. the biggest obstacle for this new better coin would be to make it to be heard and understood and used by the rest. hard, but never say never.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
This is like can anything replace the sun or the moon. Next to impossible. There no currency that is capable of doing it. No one is close enough. So rest assured and buy more.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
Price shows everything, coin that can replace bitcoin is not invented yet in my humble opinion. Now we have many alt coins behind, or to say better far far behind bitcoin. Look at the recent rise, bitcoin is capable to rise 50 dollars in one day, many coins will not touch 1 dollar.
Bitcoin can`t be replaced in near future, maybe I give a chance for something totally new and far more better to appear in the future, but that is just an imagination. Bitcoin is number one crypto currency and that will not change in next 20 years.
Activity: 280
in my view other cryptocurrency couldn't take take away the position of bitcoin because bitcoin is the mother of all coins and even price of done coin is counted based on bitcoin. and there is no coin that have so much market potential like bitcoin. although zcash coin had been launched yesterday with rate of 500 btc but still that com would not affect the market so much like bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
i think in the next six months we'll see this question put to bed for a long time other than in the fevered minds of alt maniacs.

bitcoin is likely to have a significant rise. we may well see stuff like the lightning network starting to come through. there are ever more financial instruments arriving. it's putting years of shit behind it and entering the next phase.

alts on the other hand look shittier and scammier than ever. every recent bitcoin killer has turned out to either be a turd or a simple pump. zcash is gonna be the biggest trainwreck to date.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
There ain't anything in real or virtual world IMHO that could take place of Bitcoins, because this is such a technology of which others are taking advantages, including altcoins too... I can understand that each altcoin is different and have different features, but they are too dependent on bitcoins because their values are in bitcoins only and even their user-base is due to bitcoins only...
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
I think for now it will stay in the top in the crytocurrency market. But, is not impossible that a better idea can change the rule or replace it.

The technology advance so fast and new thing come on the market every year !

Yes it is really not impossible. But this thing could only happen if bitcoin users starts to moved from other crypto currency which they thinks that is much better than bitcoin and the worst part of that is if when bitcoin users does not support bitcoin anymore.

Nothing  on this world  would able  to last for ever and   possibilities   of being   replaced  by someone or another  thing is there hence  theres no permanent  on this  world. Bitcoin could  possibly be  replaced  by another  crypto ,if that  crypto could able  to surpass bitcoin then for sure people  would surely switch into it but  for  now  bitcoin is  the  top  cryptocurrency  as of now and   its  really hard  for  alts to replace it since its been  used  widely  by  most  bitcoin users.

I agree that in this world , nothing is forever, I can tell that bitcoin can be replace by any other cryptocurrency in the future if bitcoin failed to adjust its code to be mass friendly.  Bitcoin might be popular at this point but if there is an altcoin that has fundings as big as bitcoin, i bet bitcoin will be replaced. Simply because of the confirmation time. Altcoin confirms faster than bitcoin which is practical for businesses.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
I think for now it will stay in the top in the crytocurrency market. But, is not impossible that a better idea can change the rule or replace it.

Yes it is really not impossible. But this thing could only happen if bitcoin users starts to moved from other crypto currency which they thinks that is much better than bitcoin and the worst part of that is if when bitcoin users does not support bitcoin anymore.

Nothing  on this world  would able  to last for ever and   possibilities   of being   replaced  by someone or another  thing is there hence  theres no permanent  on this  world. Bitcoin could  possibly be  replaced  by another  crypto ,if that  crypto could able  to surpass bitcoin then for sure people  would surely switch into it but  for  now  bitcoin is  the  top  cryptocurrency  as of now and   its  really hard  for  alts to replace it since its been  used  widely  by  most  bitcoin users.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

Activity: 1568
Merit: 502
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Anything is possible.

Bitcoin itself a innovation and invention. Now a days many new altcoins with different algorithm and different concept are launching. Some of them have really great concept which is used for decentralized services.

But while prediction of rate or price of altcoin many factor impact on such parameters.

Here are some as Base algorithm, PoS/PoW, mining probablity, difficulty level, block heights, block rewards etc.

But main and very important factor of impact is demand and supply.

If any coin make itself valuable then such coin can replace bitcoin.
Jump to: